GE Energy Management

GE Energy Management Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not a good company
Receiver/Warehouse (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 3, 2014
I had great co-workers and we did our best each day, unfortunately management kept on making cuts to staff and expecting those who remained to be able to handle the work loads with no delays, all the staff on the floor did there best make the company successful however it was a very stressful place to work at.
Busy and Engaging
Junior Project Engineer (Former Employee), Oakville, OnAugust 28, 2013
GE offers a busy and engaging environment with great potential for growth.
GE - Great learning Place
Product Data Management project (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 15, 2013
I started my career in GE as a contractor through Tata Consultancy services. In GE I had the opportunity to work in their GE energy systems which made Gas Turbines. I was trained in Six Sigma philosophy.
Fast passed and challenging
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Milton, ONOctober 30, 2012
Pros: the ge name come with a lot of benefits
Cons: when working for a large organization you tend to get lost in the numbers
I started working for GE through an aquisition. My co-workers are the best, we are a small unit that have worked together well, we consider our selves to be the perfect fit. The culture is quite different from most and there is learning, learning and more learning. There are lots of webx and meeting to circulate information. The hardest part of the job is month end when you just have to have everything done right on time with no room for error, but we always manage to get it done right.
Excellent place to work
Specialist Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: large company, great benefits, volunteer work, perks were amazing
Cons: just a number, in an already well working 'machine'. move or transfers, layoffs can happen to anyone at any time
Very well structured, all processes and procedures in place already. Finely tuned environment, clear expectations of job duties.

Co-workers are very adapt, very smart and all executing in a 'fine tuned' methodology.

Hardest part of the job, not being able to contribute outside of strictly job description and execution. The foundation is already so well built and set, outside of Six Sigma projects there wasn't much room for improving areas of B.I. and analytics.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the hands on employee and volunteer work we did. Having structures in place helped to avoid reworking things.

I learned how a very large company operates and how well everything is established, benefiting the employee as a person but not necessary as a career and contribution.
GE Review
Quality Program Manager (Current Employee), Alexandria, LAJanuary 23, 2015
The company strives to continually improve the business through innovation. Overall a very good company to work for. The hardest part of this job is knowing that the company will be moving the location in a few short years. There are so many great people that work in this location and it is tough to know that they will not be my co-workers for long.
Nice place to work.
Assembler (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: you learn a lot
Cons: get layoff
People at the work place is very helpful. You learn a great deal.You have to be careful. there are a lot of different work going on in the area, so you have to be alert.Some one might be operating a over head crane, you have to stay clear of it.
Good job with a relaxed environment
Electrical Assembler (Former Employee), Schertz, TXJanuary 15, 2015
High Job security and safety conscious
Relaxed environment
Good benefits
Employees are well taken care of
like to make a difference while learning
Field Service Technician (Current Employee), Casper, WYDecember 28, 2014
Pros: each day is different
Cons: time away from family
A typical day at work is 10-12 hours on the job site at customers location working on engines and compressors. I disassemble, replace parts, reassemble, and inspect the engines and/or compressors. I also stay at the job sight for at least 8 hours to insure the engine is running properly once the job is completed. During the job, I will make assessments on the status, safety issues, labor needs, and parts needed. I will work with the customer and my supervisor to work through any problems in order to resolve the issues and get the engines up and running as quickly as possible. I especially enjoy resolving issues, and learning new technology.
Chemical Operator (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CADecember 11, 2014
Pros: paid holidays and vacations
Cons: healthcare is lacking
I really enjoyed my time working for GE, however there can be some improvement on their training processes. The more experienced employees don't take time to train you the right way so you can be more productive.
Company has Clean and accomidating enviroment
CNC Mill Operator (Current Employee), Shawnee, OKDecember 9, 2014
Pros: you get performace bonus for your dedication
Cons: no bonuses if goals arn, t meet
Day starts with finding out what is to be set up and ran, then finding the proper tools. Then uploading program and adjusting work cordinance,,Feed ,speed, and Offsets. Then Loading Parts and indicating part in. you have allowable setup and run time to get operation completed. This goes on until end of shift or hot parts are completed, depending on Management.
A great experience with a strong industry
Intern (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 24, 2014
The internship at GE was an exceptionally enriching experience. I was able to put the information I learned in classes to work in an industrial capacity while gaining vital experience in the oil and gas and manufacturing industries. I was exposed to metallurgy and raw materials fabrication in addition to rough machining, welding, and fine machining or finishing.
Best Contract position ever
Analyst (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 17, 2014
Pros: great learning opportunites
Cons: contract only positions
My manager was a very good instructor, I came into this position with no experience in engineering. He gave me the tools and the training and set me free. I enjoyed the challenges of this position so much that I excelled in it.
Used to be good, now not so much
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), NevadaNovember 11, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: micro management
Although nobody knows what they're talking about it's all about the Number, numbers, numbers.

Great benefits, no room for advancement unless you're part of the in crowd.
GOOD work
Junior Engineer (Former Employee), Tirunelveli, TNNovember 6, 2014
Good electrical environment work in wind turbines, pitch systems, maintenance of electrical systems , generators etc
Productive and workplace
Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee), Bangalore KANovember 3, 2014
I was very excited to work in this Organisation,
I was learnt lot of technical and nontechnical things in this organisation
Management is very good
Good job, but little security
Receptionist/ Assistant Admin (Former Employee), Rock Springs, WYOctober 22, 2014
The company is fairly new to the oil field and has ideas that don't necessarily make sense for that kind of work.
Great Employees to work around with nice personality
Receiving Clark/ Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GaOctober 20, 2014
Learn to Operate Forklift
Learn to lead within a warehouse
The management team i feel needed a little to with organization and respecting employees,
co-workers was a great group who's willing to go out of the way to help a temps to achieve there duties.
The job was difficult, it was base on observing and verifying all items.
Job
Lead Production Planner/Controller (Current Employee), AberdeenOctober 8, 2014
A typical day at work involves driving production and order to have OTD.
Learnt about people management as people are your greatest assets.
Hardest part of my job is constantly driving change and improvements
Enjoyable part of my job is taking up challenges and seeing results at the end
not a very employee friendly company
Mechanical Field Engineer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 2, 2014
Cons: management from ceo down
GE is just too large to be run effeciently. It is very management oriented and no care is given to the folks out doing the work and are the direct line of customer relations

1 2 3 4 5

About GE Energy Management

GE Energy Management is helping solve the world’s toughest energy challenges through the design of leading technology solutions – Read more

GE Energy Management Photos