GE Energy Management Employee Review

View all GE Energy Management reviews

Fast passed and challenging
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON30 October 2012
I started working for GE through an aquisition. My co-workers are the best, we are a small unit that have worked together well, we consider our selves to be the perfect fit. The culture is quite different from most and there is learning, learning and more learning. There are lots of webx and meeting to circulate information. The hardest part of the job is month end when you just have to have everything done right on time with no room for error, but we always manage to get it done right.
Pros
the ge name come with a lot of benefits
Cons
when working for a large organization you tend to get lost in the numbers

Other GE Energy Management Employee Reviews

Extremely disorganized and poorly managed company
Testing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 November 2017
This was a project that kept firing PM's for being honest about the position and reality of meeting deadlines and budgets about the project. Leadership was in Florida, team in Calgary and extremely disconnected from the actual challenges the development team was facing developing their software. Cutting corners on "expenses" by hiring teams overseas also lead to severe inefficiencies. Near the end of the project, works 7 days a week, over 11 hours a day with some 18-20 hour days on deliverables to their customers (pending litigation if not delivered) that had a deadline within a week but were in reality 8 weeks away from being DEVELOPED, not to mention tested and ready for launch. Leadership seemed to thing that keeping staff almost 24/7 would suddenly improve the odds of delivering on time.
Pros
interesting technology
Cons
expectations of projects and employees.
Abundance of opportunities
Managing Director Global Accounts (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 September 2017
GE had an abundance of opportunities to explore and the resources to support new markets and new challenges. The reach of the company and reputation allowed for exploring of new markets.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Energy Management. Our community is ready to answer.