GE Energy Management Employee Reviews

nice job
Project Designer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 August 2016
I was doing water filtration system design at GE water. I did design and calculations most of the day. The best part of the job would be the travel with projects to different cities. The hardest part would be the field trips where I had to do physical work.
Great Place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 August 2016
Answering phone calls, transferring calls, greeting customers and staff. How to take on the roles of a receptionist. The coworkers there are all so friendly and always have something positive to say. hardest part is transferring calls. the most enjoyable part is answering calls and talking to the staff members
Pros
free donuts
Friendly Environment
Electronics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Markham, Ontario28 January 2016
GE gave me feel of confidence as engineer, hard worker and helping others.
Recently GE Alston merged together and become new global company with a lot of opportunities.
Overall a Good Experience
Account Manager (Former Employee) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 January 2016
Overall, working for a big company like this had its perks. In the end however, it all boiled down to the local team that you worked with on a daily basis.
Pros
Car, Phone, Expense Account
Cons
Long Hours, Stress
Innovative company
Pilot Plant Operator/ Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 November 2015
My daily routine mostly revolved around ensuring continued operation of small scale testing pilots, maximizing run time for both quality testing and validation of new water treatment process and technologies. The company promotes an innovative, creative atmosphere, with a great sense of citizenship to the community with many volunteering opportunities.
Pros
paid volunteering, good benefits
Cons
career advancement is difficult to achieve
Good Place to work with really friendly co-workers
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 October 2015
A typical day at work would be processing invoices for payment, sending shipments to the states, and sending customers sales quotes for products. In this position i learnt that time management is very important and found that prioritizing tasks is helpful when things get busy. The hardest part of the job was the really long days with nothing to do.
Pros
Friendly place to work
Cons
Not enough work
Fun and productive
Project Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 October 2015
I was exposed to so many great opportunities at GE. They organized food drives where you could play with cans to create a dinosaur, play volleyball everyday during lunch, go on trails, plant trees and generally get a chance to relax with colleagues after work. Everyone is very creative, independent and open minded. My team was a collaborative and cooperative unit led by a very driven manager.
Pros
Ping pong table, books, healthy snacks, fully staffed cafeteria
Great chef, available sports facilities and mostly great people but the culture of the organization is a bit less desirable.
Contracts Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakville, Ontario31 August 2015
My review is specific to GE Power & Water. The business segment I worked in was in Ultrafiltration (UF) technology for water and wastewater treatment, the company was originally Zenon Environmental and acquired by GE Water division in 2006. The facility is great, and I had the opportunity to make good friends. I was promoted one time over the 8 years I worked there.

The management works hard to put on every appearance of a modern organization, unfortunately the underlying culture makes all this just a show. I cannot say nor do I have enough information as to whether GE culture as a whole was representative of this business unit (thus the high score I gave for Management, giving them the benefit of the doubt). I have enjoyed my years in this company, I will miss the great chef we had, the sports facilities and great people.
Not a good company
Receiver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 November 2014
I had great co-workers and we did our best each day, unfortunately management kept on making cuts to staff and expecting those who remained to be able to handle the work loads with no delays, all the staff on the floor did there best make the company successful however it was a very stressful place to work at.
Using too many inificient softwares
Sourcing (Current Employee) –  Canada8 December 2013
The big thing at GE is "Simplification", too many managers justifying their jobs with silly make work projects. Now they want to simplify what they screwed up. Worst place I ever worked at.
Pros
Cons
Slowest computer IT network ever.
Busy and Engaging
Junior Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oakville, On28 August 2013
GE offers a busy and engaging environment with great potential for growth.
GE - Great learning Place
Product Data Management project (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SC15 July 2013
I started my career in GE as a contractor through Tata Consultancy services. In GE I had the opportunity to work in their GE energy systems which made Gas Turbines. I was trained in Six Sigma philosophy.
Productive and fun place to work
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 October 2012
Enjoyed participating in a variety of employee interactive activities.
Cons
job security