GE Energy Management

GE Energy Management Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Using too many inificient softwares
Sourcing (Current Employee), CanadaDecember 8, 2013
Cons: slowest computer it network ever.
The big thing at GE is "Simplification", too many managers justifying their jobs with silly make work projects. Now they want to simplify what they screwed up. Worst place I ever worked at.
Busy and Engaging
Junior Project Engineer (Former Employee), Oakville, OnAugust 28, 2013
GE offers a busy and engaging environment with great potential for growth.
GE - Great learning Place
Product Data Management project (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 15, 2013
I started my career in GE as a contractor through Tata Consultancy services. In GE I had the opportunity to work in their GE energy systems which made Gas Turbines. I was trained in Six Sigma philosophy.
Fast passed and challenging
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Milton, ONOctober 30, 2012
Pros: the ge name come with a lot of benefits
Cons: when working for a large organization you tend to get lost in the numbers
I started working for GE through an aquisition. My co-workers are the best, we are a small unit that have worked together well, we consider our selves to be the perfect fit. The culture is quite different from most and there is learning, learning and more learning. There are lots of webx and meeting to circulate information. The hardest part of the – more... job is month end when you just have to have everything done right on time with no room for error, but we always manage to get it done right. – less
Cool
Lead Civil/Structural & Architectural Estimator (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 28, 2014
management is great, Job is challenging and people are wonderful to work with.Would work again for GE.
no fun
Commercial Analyst (Former Employee), Aberdeen, SCTAugust 23, 2014
Cons: many
no motivation

everyone demoralised

demanding bosses who did not know the staff

no enjoyment
Not a bad place to start
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 31, 2014
I think that GE Power Conversion was a nice company to work for, but the work I was doing I wasn't personally interested in. I'm looking for a software engineering position.
Great opportunity to make money
Senior Wireline Operator (Former Employee), Houma, LAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: work/home ratio pretty good. 14/7 schedule
Cons: management seemed complacent and carefree, sales individuals seemed non-existent.
Great opportunity to make money and great laid back, family type of environment. Poor management and sales individuals (not sales team).
Job security a plus
Site Lead Technician(Tech III) (Current Employee), Arlington, OrJuly 13, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: work/life balance difficult to achieve
I manage up to 40 employees daily and this has greatly enhanced my leadership skills.
Good work/home life balance
Field Service Technician (Current Employee), Brendale, QLDJuly 8, 2014
Customer Relations.
High Safety Focus.
Minimal Supervision.
OK place to work
Technical Sales Engineer (Former Employee), Northern New englandJune 29, 2014
Pros: good salary & benefits
Cons: manager removed after i left
Learned some things, But GE has a reputation of working it's employees very hard with extreme hours
Good Experience
Tools & Process Leader (Current Employee), Longmont, COJune 26, 2014
I enjoy the flexibility of working from home, however, it does require good communication skills and really honing in on the team's operating rhythm.

The culture depends largely on location.
Great experience
Financial/Reporting Analyst (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYJune 23, 2014
Fast paced environment with lots of work, but everyone is always willing to help and support.
G.E
Medical Imaging System Installer (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 21, 2014
I was laid off because of the economic downfall we had here in the U.S.A back in 2008
Productivity Imagination External Focus Inclusiveness
Lead Engineer (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJune 9, 2014
Pros: free trainings
Cons: working hours flexibility
 Strong team player
 Solid technical proficiency
 Self-motivated
 Taking ownership
 Skilled at balancing and prioritizing multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
 curious and quick in learning new technologies
 Customer Focus
Great company to work for aside from slow moving managment
Wind Technician (Current Employee), United StatesMay 31, 2014
GE is a great company to work for with good pay and benefits. The downside is things tend to stall out at the corporate level.
Professional and Interesting
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Belfort , FranceMay 30, 2014
Pros: management
Conception and development of a customized planning tool for turbine Gas projects in Java EE and JSP/Applet.

Conception and integration of an Oracle database with reporting and decision support tools for managers.
Worked with team player
MGA Contractor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 23, 2014
I will drive to site and make sure the blue print is correct, if the blue print is incorrect I will mark up the blue with correct equipment were it was need. I would then drive home and correct the blue print and scan it and email to my boss and write up DSOW on what need to be replace or what was needed.
Worked on projects of different OS .
Team Lead, Team Member (Former Employee), Mahape, Navi MumbaiMay 14, 2014
Worked on Monitoring tools, Content management system, etc
Worst experience of my life
Operations (Former Employee), FloridaMay 3, 2014
Pros: looks good on your resume. opportunity to relocate globally if you choose to pursue.
Cons: see giant paragraph
They don't care about their employees at all and people work long hours (60-70 hours/week) regularly. They never staff enough people to do the work and the business doesn't care because it saves them money if they can avoid adding head count and paying for training. Speaking of training, it doesn't exist at this company. They don't know how to onboard – more... new employees and if you ask others questions you get resistance from people because they're too busy to help anyone. The job culture is poor. The management is even worse because they only manage for the people above them, not the people they are supposed to be leading. There's too many politics and dirty games. It's also a very unhealthy environment for women. They don't care if you are a mother who needs to take your child to an appointment and they frown upon women who leave at a certain time (example 5pm) to make it to their child's daycare in time, even after arriving early and putting in the hours to get the job done. After 2 years I had enough and moved on.
The healthcare benefits are horrible. High deductibles and then only when those are met will they cover 80%. They try to keep that a mystery until you sign the offer letter, so if you're considering accepting a job here make them tell you specifically what the benefits are.
Pros are that there is opportunity to work globally if moving/traveling interests you. Just know that doing so means that the company owns you and will expect 200% from you. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About GE Energy Management

GE Energy Management is helping solve the world’s toughest energy challenges through the design of leading technology solutions – Read more

GE Energy Management Photos