GE Digital Energy Employee Reviews in Canada

Best place to work
QUALITY/PRODUCTION INTERN (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONFebruary 18, 2016
Being with a multinational company, there was plenty to explore at work. The most enjoyable part is that you have full independence of completing the required tasks. Manager will be happy as long as you can deliver quality work by the due date.
Pros
Lots of extra activities to join at work
Cons
you can easily fall behind with work if you don't manage properly
Great workplace for learning, advancement and networking
Intern (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONFebruary 2, 2016
GE is a great workplace for those seeking to apply skills learned in University and past working environments. There is a constant culture of teamwork and continuous learning.
Pros
GE Based Learning programs and onsite Lunchroom
Cons
Too large for proper organization at times
good working place
Electronic Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONDecember 12, 2015
we can learn so many things here and the employers gives more opportunity to learn out of scope as well not only in one field, we can learn other works as well like testing, assembling, and management.
Good environment and good people
NPI Technologist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 26, 2015
Worked with a good team of people, learned hands on SMT skills, retrofitting and troubleshooting/analysis skills. Hardest part of the job was the compliance testing for in the field issues. Management seemed pretty easy going most of the time, but when project deadlines approached Management was at its finest keeping the team on task.
Pros
occasional free lunch
Excellent Management and working environment
Senior Services Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONJanuary 20, 2014
learned much on virtual team set up and coordination, developed skills and time management, enhanced productivity through well-coordinated team work
Pros
self-development and targets/goals measured
Cons
long working hours and different time zones
Great learning experience
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 16, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of completing my daily responsibilities (journal entries, account reconciliations...etc.) as well as assisting my co-workers in any adhoc activities. I have learned through this experience to be a lot more efficient under pressure. I have improved my problem solving skills as well as my communication skills through working with the team and independently. My co workers were all very friendly. The hardest part of the job was when I first started and my co-workers and managers did not provide much help as the work culture is very independent and people were busy with their own work as well. However, through this I learned to be more independent and I eventually got used to this culture and was able to figure everything out on my own without any assistance. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was able to figure out and solve the problems on my own because it gave me a sense of accomplishment and that I was actually able to make a difference in this company. (e.g. solving the variance for a year end account reconciliation)
Pros
meeting new people (networking)
Cons
long hours during month/year end
Loaded & unfocused
Channels Sales Manager MEA Region (Former Employee) –  CairoJuly 20, 2013
it is was chaotic because I was carrying too many roles as resources were limited.
For full time permanent employees, there is job security. Overall, the company is great to work for.
Component Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONNovember 27, 2012
The company is profitable which is important for job security. If you are a new employee, you must be a self starter and has initiative to learn on your own as they lack mentoring. Work schedules are flexible depending on which department you are assigned.
Pros
flexible work schedule. work at home is another option if you cannot come to the office.
Cons
contracts cannot be extended beyond 1 year.
Multitasking and strong organizational skills with time management
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 24, 2012
Always meeting deadlines with time management and strong organizational skills.
Good and healthy work environment
Firmware Engineer /Consultant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 11, 2012
It's good to have experience working with nice people, developing nice products.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN
Soldering Technician &Material Handler (Former Employee) –  MARKHAM ONMay 9, 2012
I LEARNED A LOT FORM WORKING IN GE WHICH I NEVER EXPERIENCE BEFORE. THE MANAGEMENT TEAM IS PROFESSIONAL . THE CO-WORKERS ARE NICE . I HAD A NICE PARTNER WHICH MADE THIS JOB ENJOYABLE .