GE Digital Energy

GE Digital Energy Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent Management and working environment
Senior Services Project Manager (Current Employee), Markham, ONJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: self-development and targets/goals measured
Cons: long working hours and different time zones
learned much on virtual team set up and coordination, developed skills and time management, enhanced productivity through well-coordinated team work
Great learning experience
Finance Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 16, 2013
Pros: meeting new people (networking)
Cons: long hours during month/year end
A typical day at work consisted of completing my daily responsibilities (journal entries, account reconciliations...etc.) as well as assisting my co-workers in any adhoc activities. I have learned through this experience to be a lot more efficient under pressure. I have improved my problem solving skills as well as my communication skills through working with the team and independently. My co workers were all very friendly. The hardest part of the job was when I first started and my co-workers and managers did not provide much help as the work culture is very independent and people were busy with their own work as well. However, through this I learned to be more independent and I eventually got used to this culture and was able to figure everything out on my own without any assistance. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I was able to figure out and solve the problems on my own because it gave me a sense of accomplishment and that I was actually able to make a difference in this company. (e.g. solving the variance for a year end account reconciliation)
Loaded & unfocused
Channels Sales Manager MEA Region (Former Employee), CairoJuly 20, 2013
it is was chaotic because I was carrying too many roles as resources were limited.
For full time permanent employees, there is job security. Overall, the company is great to work for.
Component Engineering Specialist (Former Employee), Markham, ONNovember 27, 2012
Pros: flexible work schedule. work at home is another option if you cannot come to the office.
Cons: contracts cannot be extended beyond 1 year.
The company is profitable which is important for job security. If you are a new employee, you must be a self starter and has initiative to learn on your own as they lack mentoring. Work schedules are flexible depending on which department you are assigned.
Multitasking and strong organizational skills with time management
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 24, 2012
Always meeting deadlines with time management and strong organizational skills.
Good and healthy work environment
Firmware Engineer /Consultant (Former Employee), Markham, ONJune 11, 2012
It's good to have experience working with nice people, developing nice products.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN
Soldering Technician &Material Handler (Former Employee), MARKHAM ONMay 9, 2012
I LEARNED A LOT FORM WORKING IN GE WHICH I NEVER EXPERIENCE BEFORE. THE MANAGEMENT TEAM IS PROFESSIONAL . THE CO-WORKERS ARE NICE . I HAD A NICE PARTNER WHICH MADE THIS JOB ENJOYABLE .