GE Corporate

GE Corporate Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great learning Experience
safety manager (Former Employee), USAFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: money, learning ability
Cons: travel
I learned alot from my mentors at GE. I worked at numerous gas, nuclear and coal steam stations
Jr.Oracle Developer
Jr.Oracle Developer (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APFebruary 7, 2014
Reading raw data, Validating, Manipulating from Flat Files and Creating Tables in Oracle Database Analytical Environment.
Involved in Writing Backend Procedures, Functions & Packages in PL/SQL.
Data migration and conversion done utilizing Oracle utilities: SQL Loader, Export/Import.
Extensively used SQL *Loader to load Data from flat files to Database – more... tables in Oracle.
Creating Monthly Business Reports by writing Oracle SQL. – less
Flexibility
CBM, PHM - Lifing Lead Engineer (Former Employee), Greenville, SCFebruary 7, 2014
GE provides lot of growth opportunities and flexibility
Co-workers were very helpful and always vested the your success
Great Company to work for been 33 years
Staff Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Marietta, GAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: very challenging place to work
Cons: there are none
This is a great company to work for, I have spent most of my life with them but I would like the opportunity to see what else is out there to learn and grow from new experiences.
Good people to work with.
Data Analyst (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 4, 2014
The group I worked with were knowledgeable in their area and made it easy to assist them in their work. Everyone was respectful and made me feel like the work I did for them was helpful and meaningful.
Consumer Advocate (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDFebruary 4, 2014
Laid back easy going atmosphere, enjoyed going to work every day.
Nice work environment
Information Technology Intern (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHFebruary 1, 2014
Flexible work hours.
Work on .Net Framework 4.0.
Very good and transparent communication on each and every level.
Always got good guidance while working over there.
World Class Product Based Company
Advanced Software Engineer (Former Employee), HyderabadFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: very good workplace, standard processes, people are of good quality.
Cons: long hours, weekend works
Very Good Workplace,
Technology and People Skills,
Very Good Management
Good Knowledgeable Workers
Cons: Too frequent Weekend Works,
Best Part: Flexible Work Hours.
It was a good job
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: great money
Cons: the job was not permanant
It was a great experience, a typical day was dealing with the public. I learn customer service skills. I loved working with the management and co-workers. The hardest thing about the job was having to turn people's light off. The most enjoyable thing was to see the people get the assistance they need to keep their service on.
Challenging and Fun
Subsea Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee), Leicester, ENGJanuary 30, 2014
A typical week would include meetings, Design reviews, FMEA, Project planning, testing, documentation, supplier visit
Nothing but good thing to say about GE!
Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Dover, OHJanuary 28, 2014
GE was a wonderful opportunity for me! If it wasn't for a motorcycle accident in 2009, I would still be working there. I had the privilege of working alongside some of the brightest engineers I have met so far in the 5 years of pursuing an engineering career!
General Electric
Fleet Data Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2014
Great place to work and challenge your experience with up to date technology.
We had family day once a year.
Machinist B (Current Employee), Duluth, GAJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: steak dinner
Cons: 20 minute lunch and 1 10 minute break (but paid
Very good job but will close plant in 1 year and had planned on retiring from GE. I work from 7-3 M-F and OT is volunteer. I volunteered for OT every time I was asked. I get along with my co-workers and management very well. The best part of the job is making a quality part and claiming it in my name.
GE Corporate
Analyst (Current Employee), Schenectady, NYJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: retirement plan (401k match and contribution)
Cons: healthcare
This location (Schenectady) provides a unique combination. One can find a variety opportunities, training, and benefits usually found when working for a larger company while working in an environment that mirrors the culture of a small business. Information is freely shared and cross functional teams work together to find simplified solutions that benefit – more... one or more teams. Most individuals enjoy a work life balance that is reasonable and the upper management strives to provide a productive and rewarding work environment. One example of this is that the regional leader has taken the time to get to know 80% to 90% of the individuals that work in the building on a first name basis.

One can experience career that looks more like a jungle gym with opportunities to experience array of roles and responsibilities vs. a straight and narrow career ladder. There also appears to be an equal percentage of both male and female managers in both upper and middle management.

As in any other business not all direct supervisors and/or managers are not created equal. Managers in my department are green in their roles and they tend to be more of a "manager" that directs tasks vs. a leader. This could be addressed with additional training and feedback. – less
Fast paced, lots of challenges, lots of paperwork
PROPERTY MANAGER (Former Employee), Clackamas, ORJanuary 25, 2014
Great company, rented apartments, evicted, did manual ledgers for accepting rent, bank deposits, ordered supplies, worked with vendors. Communication was great.
challenging place to work
Leader, GEnx Manufacturing Programs (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 25, 2014
Challenging work and very smart people. Opportunity to learn about many different industries. The business is managed extremely well and leadership is held accountable to meeting goals and objectives.
steady work
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Temporary) (Former Employee), Laurel, MDJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: easy work
Cons: temp assignment
shipping & receiving, steady moving to locations to put up products
Assembled, disassembled, inspected Hermic Motors.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Scottsville, KYJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: good people. good wages and benefits.
Cons: very hot and could get burned very easily, lots of lay offs.
When it was General Electric it was a very good place to work and EXCELLENT benefits. Very hot and very dirty. Enjoyed the people and atmosphere. Had company functions that made it always fun to attend. AO Smith bought them out. Management changed, didn't have the company functions and was laid off quite a bit, before finally shutting down and relocating – more... to Mexico. – less
Excellent place to work I loved the job as well!
Appliance Park building AP5 as Lab Technician (Former Employee), Appliance Park, KYJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: the atmosphere with the people at ge was great!
Cons: most people did not make permanent status until after two or three contracts were completed.
Started the day at 9:00 AM Ended around 5:30 PM some OT.
Begin with monitoring AC voltages in 5 test rooms. Made any adjustments to assure voltage levels are proper. Next go to the PC and check units (Refrigerators) under test in the 5 test rooms to assure all units were functioning within proper tolerances. Make adjustments or notify engineers of any – more... problems.

Prepare incoming units for test connecting thermo-couples to monitor drawers in the units and monitor units ability to chill water to 40 degrees and examine the ice cubes for proper conformity and size.

Maintain monitoring of voltage levels and units readings throughout the day. Move out units that completed tests or required some repairs and moved in new units for test and the process continued throughout the day. We generally worked six days a week and some holidays as well.

I learned the importance of accuracy in recording readings and working closely with engineers and management. The hardest part of the job was the setup of new units when the test room was set at 110 degrees. Test temperatures ranged from 50 degrees up to 110 degrees that's hot and setting up units sometimes required up to 30 minutes working in the heat. We changed clothing to something lighter and more comfortable on these occasions. We also monitored and maintained very precise humidity level in all test rooms.

The most enjoyable part was the co-workers and creating reports on the condition of the units under tests. We used Microsoft Word and Excel to create these reports. It was a fun job. My contract was for one year only. – less
Multinational company with multiple areas
CNC Advanced Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), ErieJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: lost of areas where is possible to work
Cons: work hours
Really demanding company in terms of projects, innovation, there's always something new that needs to be done with sense of urgency.

About GE Corporate

At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across – Read more