GE Corporate

GE Corporate Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A College Student Among Giants
Senior Design Team Member (Former Employee), Shreveport, LANovember 6, 2014
Pros: i was there on a project, so i came and went as needed
Cons: i didn't get paid
I worked at GE as part of my Senior Design Project while working on my undergraduate degree. Being an Industrial Engineer means that concepts like Six Sigma and LEAN are in our blood. GE was one of the first companies to implement these concepts and they certainly made them popular in the US. Working for this giant in the industry exposed me to what – more... the manufacturing environment looked like, who her people were, and how they interacted. I very much enjoyed working there and would go back in a heart beat. – less
a great and full of passion place and job for me
Team Leader & Experienced Engineer (Former Employee), wuhan CHINANovember 5, 2014
Firstly, GE impressed me absolutely, its culture, management and people are awesome. 4 and a half years time with GE, i learned lots and obtained abundantly. Coordinate and solve relationship & communication with our client or customer should be the hardest part in my job i thought. The most enjoyable is be the service engineer in GE healthcare always.
Good workplace, good colleagues and good lunch.
Summer Intern (Former Employee), China Technology CenterNovember 2, 2014
Pros: office
Cons: location
1. The day I did the optimization for polymer solidification is typical.
2. I learned how to conduct optimization on the basis of actual production requirement.
3. The management is extremely awesome.
4. All my co-workers are friendly.
5. The hardest part of the job is that while doing optimization, the calculation process was always slow. Thus how – more... to write a code that can calculate fast is important.
6. The most enjoyable part of the job is that we all worked as a team. – less
Excellent!
Operations Management Leadership Intern (Former Employee), Coimbatore, TNOctober 31, 2014
Every day was different and challenging. Helped me understand the value chain by enabling me to work on hands-on projects.
A great company to work for.
Senior Design Engineer (Current Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 28, 2014
Pros: state of the art technologies, efficient corporate structure, and opportunities to grow career.
Cons: while simplification is implemented, it is still too many processes and rules.
GE is a great company to work for. A dynamic professional environment with rich resources only a multi-national corporation can provides. Talented colleagues and passionate supervisors. Fair pay, great benefit package, and plenty vacation and Holidays.
great benefits
Receiving/Shipping/Material Handler (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAOctober 28, 2014
GE has a lot of great benefits, and lot of people willing to teach.
its a great place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee), Mebane, NCOctober 28, 2014
what i did was work on assembly line and they really cared for there workers as on our hot days they gave us drinks
productive and fun workplace
customer financial representative (Current Employee), KYOctober 28, 2014
work orders
computer skills
customer service skills
co-workers are friendly and helpful
hardest part of job is collecting past due invoices
most enjoyable part of the job is to be a part or a credited company with endless opportunity
I enjoyed working here
Requisition Engineer (Former Employee), West Burlington, IAOctober 26, 2014
Pros: closed working relationship with co-workers; team working
Cons: location
Learned MV switchgear design in details; good team working spirit, team leader is always available.
This job was challenging but fun.
Team Supervisor (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAOctober 24, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, great benefits, good salary.
Cons: favoritism among management with some of my peers.
A typical day at work was full of challenges to overcome. I learned to interact with various levels of management as well as my peers and subordinates. Management was supportive as well as my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was making the right decisions for both the consumer and the company. An enjoyable part of the job was identifying process – more... improvements which resulted in monetary saved the company. – less
what an experience
Flexible Fuel Operator (Former Employee), Castle Hayne, NCOctober 24, 2014
machine, inspect and store pellets. machine runs different everyday. pick up on each machine on how to run productively. the hard part of the job, thinking about my mother that lost her life to cancer, from being exposed to uranium and now I'm working in it. the most enjoyable part of the job, co-workers.
Intense place to work
Warehouse Operations Manager (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 20, 2014
Always looking for improvement in a very competitive industry
Account management with focus on improved sales
Manager - South (Former Employee), Chennai, TNOctober 20, 2014
Innovation
Leadership
Command in the market
Technical capabilities
Research and Development
Great Team leader
Assembler/Component Technician (Current Employee), GreenvilleOctober 18, 2014
Always willing to listen and move forward. Longs days but well worth it in the end. every day is a new day
Productive, good work life balance
Control Systems Engineer - Aviation (Former Employee), Querétaro, QUEOctober 17, 2014
Learned a lot about Aviation industry. Young people working there are willing always to learn new things and seniors are always available to teach and pass on the knowledge. Good work-life balance.
Productive and fun workplace
Research Scientist (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: cafeteria was highly subsidised
Cons: not too many opportunities for career growth.
The typical day started with informal discussions with team mates following up on progress. Had frequent post lunch lab meetings with our manager regarding the status of various projects undertaken by our lab and discussions on future goals and objectives. Co-workers were friendly and nice work environment with well maintained gardens and playgrounds – more... for leisure. Work life balance was perfect and the interaction with co-workers was the best part of it. – less
Management Growth Position
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee), Charleston, SCOctober 15, 2014
GE's reputation for producing the most business leaders of any company does not fall short here. Managed multi-million dollar sales territories as the senior professional band employee for GE's appliance business, and received on-going training throughout my over 7 years with the Company, including Six Sigma GB Certification.
productive and great workplace
security and crisis management (Current Employee), Riyadh, S01October 15, 2014
-great work place
-I learned a lot of new thing that I wrote on my cv
-the hardest part of the job become easy because everyone is helping each other
Good work environment with a trend towards flexibility and simplfiication
Global ECLP Program Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: flexible work arrangement
Cons: internal politics
A good company with progressive opportunities for career advancement.
interim job
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee), MinnetonkaOctober 14, 2014
A job out of necessity rather than preference. Typical workplace environment involving the building of filtration systems.

About GE Corporate

At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across – Read more