GE Corporate

GE Corporate Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Company
Co-op/Internship (Current Employee), Mattoon, ILOctober 10, 2014
• Created, maintained, and updated, manufacturing control documents including manufacturing control procedures, manufacturing process instructions, and work forms
• Participated in Lean Manufacturing Kaizan events on a regular basis
• Coordinated return of rejected material in order to facilitate correction of defective product
• Coordinated the calibration – more... process to the ISO/TS standard which is audited on a yearly basis – less
Some of the down side
Product Manager (Current Employee), Schenectady, NYOctober 6, 2014
The hardest thing to deal with is the bureaucratic nature of such a large company that is driven to meet quarterly goals for shareholders.
Great Job
Stockroom Attendant (Current Employee), Bucyrus, OHOctober 6, 2014
Pros: benefits were good
Cons: worked with unhappy people
GE is a great place to work. The management was personable and benefits were 2nd to none. I would recommend them to anyone seeking long term employment.

The best part of this employer is the possibility for advancement.

In 38 years of employment I was never laid off for extended length of time.

The pay was good and vacation & sick time off was good.
Smart people committed to mission
Business Analyst (Contractor to Employee) (Current Employee), San Ramon, CAOctober 5, 2014
Pros: smart people, large projects, good benefits
Generally good energy. Center is entirely focussed on software. Customers are all GE businesses - aviation, energy management, oil and gas, power and water. Center is new and still in start up mode, growing quickly. Good benefits and tries to support employees' growth and opportunities.
Productive work enviroment
Circuit Breaker Assembler (Former Employee), Arecibo, PROctober 4, 2014
A typical day in GE would include a very hands on shift. My time there taught me how to maintain a steady work flow, I learned how to maintain product efficiency and quality. The employees work in a friendly environment and one of support. One of the hardest things was to maintain a steady pace and flow of the product while carefully seeking any issues – more... in its quality, and although it was a bit difficult this was not impossible to achieve. The most satisfying part of the job was meeting the daily rate while maintaining our products quality in an enjoyable workspace. – less
Service Manager (Former Employee), Fontana, CAOctober 4, 2014
Pros: positive
GE is speaking the language of industry and bringing together industrial engineering with sensors, software, and big data analytics to create brilliant machines. Drawing on 135 years of experience, GE has few equals in its ability to take industrial big data from airplanes, power plants and medical imaging to transform industries and benefit people – more... and the planet. – less
Rigorous Scheduling
Power Quality Engineering Director (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 3, 2014
Pros: travel, quality assurance, multifaceted experience
Cons: racism, rigorous schedule, and disorganization from executive management
The typical General Electric day proceeds with the task orientation of checking emails from customers, technicians and executives. After emails are adhered to, then customers requests are then arranged. Communication between myself and technicians commences, schedules are reviewed with technicians, then they are dispatched according to locale, demographics, – more... skill and customer request.

I ascertained a level of management skills as well as engineering skills. To exert a skill which has been allocated from years prior, then to see it manifest itself in a positive vector, is indeed an extraordinary venture. I also acquired the ability to decipher which assignments were pertinent and which assignments weren't as pending. Depending on the coding in the machinery, the computer feedback, and the customer's internet reports, I was able to positively assess the situation.

Executive Management is an extremely omnipresent department within the realms of G.E. The rarity of this department provides an ambivalent effect on the personnel within the organizational level.

Many of the co-workers possessed phenomenal skills when it pertained to electricity, but rather their social skills were much to be desired. Counseling happened often between myself and co-workers due to the rigor and stress of the job.

The most difficult part of the job was the constant traveling as well as the blatant racism coming from both executive management as well as the technicians themselves. I've been called several racial slurs directly and indirectly.

The most enjoyable part of the job would happen to be the traveling. As a director, the company makes it their best interest to reconcile with the notion of their directors being stationary. However, there are certain situations where the director is needed on sight, and on those occasions did i truly enjoy myself. I had the opportunity to visit over 46 states and 10 countries. – less
HR and Development Spec - Org. Effectiveness (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 2, 2014
Strong learning culture to help employees develop their skill set.
Everyday is a new learning experience
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee), Schenectady, NYOctober 1, 2014
Challenging cross-function and dynamic work environment.
i really enjoyed working for this great company, and would love to work for them again
Facility Equipment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: great benifits
A great company with ever increasing products. environmentally green.
Fun Place to work
Warehouse/Production/Team Lead (Current Employee), Louisville, KYSeptember 29, 2014
Lets just say I have done warehouse work long enough.Fun Faced paced work but like all warehouse work it breaks your body down
GE sold RCA Global Communications to MCI
Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Did not work long at this company. They sold our division rather quickly.
This was a very high technical, organized workplace.
CNC machinist/ Grinder (Former Employee), Warrensville, OHSeptember 25, 2014
A typical workday was at the most two set up jobs, (prog. set up, operate) to production runs and inspections. No management on my sift, but great team players.
Poor Management
Apprentice (Current Employee), TexasSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: good health insurance and rates
Cons: poor management
You have to be in with the "In Crowd" to be promoted. You can have your license and years of experience but someone new to this field of work and has little knowledge of how to do the work will be promoted way before you if they are friends with management.
Neat place and product
Ops Leader (Current Employee), Schenectady, NYSeptember 22, 2014
But corrosive environment in the office and on the floor. Not for the faint of heart. This company is looking for salaried folks who want to move up. Not careerists just looking for a job. This has it's plus's and minus's....
What I Learned
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Home Based, company located in Plano, TXSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: excellent in-house training programs
Cons: some key parts of management too far removed from "work on the ground"
Extremely hard working mature culture that is deeply rooted in certain work processes for many years. Culture inflexible and resistant to change / innovation. Several key management positions without adequate understanding of the customer applications and how the company's approach needs to evolve. Greater economic efficiency needed to consistently – more... win in the market place.

Despite these challenges, company culture has great experience, expertise, and is very committed to success. The vast experience and excellent products continue, while customer facing management makes the difference. – less
work wiht meters
Assembler (Former Employee), NHSeptember 21, 2014
I like working for them but its a temp job wish they would hirer
Good office with friendly people.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 21, 2014
Helped VPs and sales manager with travel, event planning, meeting set, supply ordering, conference planning, calendaring, scheduling, etc.
provides ample opportunities in demanding job.
Clinical Education Specialist CT (Former Employee), ALGERIASeptember 21, 2014
Pros: - good career apportuniyies .- good leadership.
Cons: - lack of communication. -nature of job (deplacement).
- I was responsible for on-site trainings for medical and paramedical staff on GENERAL ELECTRIC scanners including:
- Creation, installation and modification of protocols. - Ensure that the system operates in an optimal and efficient manner. - Deepen the necessary knowledges to mastering the examinations. - Develop Skills to perform the post-treatment – more... on the ADW.

- I have deepen my knowledges about the scanners wich i can work easily with it. and with all the radiology team. wich is my job in G E. taking in consideration the coordination with the whole team (commercial and instalation.).

- I agreed the travel wich a part of my job. and the prolonged absences from home(weekend only).

- However i was a part of solution in lot of sites where i have participated in launching many scanners and satisfied the needs of radiological team. wich improve also my communication skills. – less
productive and fun work place.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2014
The typical day at work, can give you the power to succeed. Every day was a great day to learn and upgrade you skills to a hire level.

About GE Corporate

At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across – Read more