GE Corporate

GE Corporate Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Big company with a lot of possibilities
Graduate Student Research Engineer (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJune 3, 2014
Pros: great company
Cons: lots of "red tape"
I was a graduate student research engineer so I wasn't technically employed by GE but was employed through my university (Clemson) instead.

The other employees were helpful. The environment was very goal orientated and productive. The location was great.

GE had a lot of "red tape" I guess you could say that in my opinion hampered productivity
Productive Environment
Assembly Operator (Former Employee), Decatur, ALJune 3, 2014
Welcoming environment, productive, and my co-workers were very easy to work with.
Great beginning
Welder/Laborer (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INJune 2, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: lay-off
The work was hot and working conditions were dirty, but the employees in my cell were the best. Management was not what it could have been.
Good company wuth high standards
Lead Customer Service Engineer (Current Employee), Москва, RUJune 2, 2014
My works usuallyinclude 95 percent of travel from Site to Site.Preparations, Leadind/executions of deferent type of Outages.
Good
Team Lead, Lead (Former Employee), Hyderabad INDIAJune 1, 2014
I am the employee of Tech Mahindra and GE was my client .
Salary was not good
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee), GE Bishops Cleeve, CheltenhamJune 1, 2014
The company develops aviation software, I have been lucky enough to develop a number of software tools, using C# and .Net.
they had a pool and health center
Journeyman Moldmaker (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 30, 2014
Pros: great health care
the best place I have ever worked sorry that they closed my division in 1986 or I would have been a life time employee
challenging
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 30, 2014
Pros: great learning experience
assignment rebuild bearing/fast pace, demanding,helpful ,
Fun, and somewhat secure place to work.
Assembler (Former Employee), Louisville, KYMay 28, 2014
Pros: wholesome, friendly, good pay and benefits
Cons: lack of job security
Work experience limited to assembling. A fun and enjoyable place to work. Job security was a worry for many a year, but the benefits were worth returning for. I hope that it will be able to stay for the benefit of the people who still work there and the benefit it gives to the state revenue.
Fine place to work if its ok for a GM to email employees telling them to vote for "hope and change". If you aren't part of that, not so much.
Site Lead and Lead Controls TA (Former Employee), Numerous sites in Europe, Middle East and AsiaMay 27, 2014
Pros: decent travel and living policies, reasonable safety culture
Cons: very little respect for anyone with a broad background
Draw down to GE is not allowing people to retain expat status. Otherwise, just another typical giant conglomerate.
Solid Engaging Work
Systems Engineer / Test Engineer (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYMay 27, 2014
Solid Engaging work experiences; opportunity fro overseas travel. Flex time a plus.
Program Engineer (Former Employee), Lynn, MA; Schenectady, NYMay 26, 2014
Pros: honest management
Gained valuable experience in several different disciplines with rotating assignments on the GE Engineering program.
Global Sourcing
Sourcing Manager - Raw Materials (Current Employee), Monterrey, MexicoMay 26, 2014
Extremely challenging job, managing key global strategic suppliers, developing relationship, actively engaging and negotiating with suppliers. Developing suppliers in low cost regions. Develop Key subcommodities strategies and execute in conjunction with sub businesses.
Total lack of direction/momentum
Welder/Fitter/Fabricator (Former Employee), Bradford, PAMay 23, 2014
Pros: stable, long term employment
Cons: outdated machinery breaking down daily, management confused all of the time.
When General Electric took over Dresser Pipeline Specialties, it was like they had taken most of the blocks out of a decently solid foundation. The company was descending into total chaos and a lack of direction when I decided to leave. It's a typical factory job, pretty repetitive but also has some decent people to work with.
safe environment
Plant Operations Engineer (Former Employee), Bayonne, NJMay 21, 2014
great workplace, friendly staff. I was able to work in an efficient and productive manner.
Very productive career.
Lead Engineer, GE Digital Energy (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 21, 2014
Have a lot achievements in many projects.
Learn a lot of process knowledge.
Good management.
Very helpful coworkers.
Excellent company to work for.
Sourcing Productivity, New Product Introduction (Current Employee), Waukesha, WIMay 19, 2014
Pros: excellent company to work for.
Cons: excellent company to work for.
Excellent company to work for, great learning experience.
Excellent Company for a Working Mom
Technology Project Engineer (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLMay 18, 2014
Pros: great work life balance benefits
Cons: managements "needed it yesterday" mentality for deliverables
GE is very competitive with bids and wins many of them. There is always a constant flow of work since product development is done at the same time project development is underway. This can be stressful. Communication is GE weakest link between the customer, management teams, and development teams. The mentality is that it was "needed yesterday" which – more... is the single biggest factor of office stress. Be prepared to work many hours outside the office, sometimes at inconvenient times in your day, since GE has many customers around the world.

Personally GE has been fantastic about accommodating me as I have grown my family. They have been flexible with my time away for maternity leave, working from home, and balancing my life as a new mom and employee by giving me a secured place to pump when I am in the office. – less
Productive friendly environment
GE Aviation Internship I & II (Former Employee), Lynn, MAMay 15, 2014
I thought that working at Ge provided me with an excellent background in manufacturing. I learned a lot about tolerances and programming in general. I also thought that the co-worker were really friendly and helpful. Overall I would defiantly recommend a Ge internship.
Fast-paced and great people
Finance-IT Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 14, 2014
A great place to work with good benefits. Many advancement opportunities as GE is a big family of different industries.

About GE Corporate

At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across – Read more