GE Corporate

GE Corporate Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent company and culture to be a part of
Customer Solutions Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 8, 2012
Pros: fantasic learning curve and opportunity to grow
Cons: as a the only bilingual individual in this role difficult to get support
My role at a GE Healthcare was to increase sales in Eastern Canada for service sales contracts. I was reponsible for delivery of service contracts from RFP to completion. My role entailed selling, upselling, analysis of customer accounts, managing training courses for biomedical technologists, and maintaining scope of projects for all hospital sites – more... within my territory. – less
Great place to learn, investment program
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 16, 2012
This was a great company to work for. They were open to change and always wanting to grow and expand
GE is a wonderful place to work, I loved that company very much
Fleet Administration Job (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: ge is a very fun place to work, they always care for their workers' need, occatiolally they offer free snack
Processed all day to day tasks on violation

Variety of administrative duties

Co workers were very fun and supportive

Hardest part was to find the violation back-up, if it was not saved in the system

Most enjoyable part was to make the violation tickets payment for the driver on behalf of client, and do the monthly violation reports for GE clients.
A work experience type job postions
Production Worker-8Week Contract (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONAugust 25, 2012
Pros: knowing what you had to do and went and did it.
Cons: temporary contract type position
Operator of plates on a production line. Pretty straight forward stuff
safety number one concern
Millwright (Former Employee), Arnprior, ONAugust 12, 2012
Pros: everything
Cons: night shift
best place i have worked at, preventive and predictive maintenance programs in place.
Very hard for contract employees specially in GBS department - contractors are second class employee
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), MississaugaMarch 2, 2012
Cons: long hours without overtime
Micro Management, contractors are second class employees
Fun workplace. Employees got along well. Company organized many team activities to motivate employees.
Human Resources Coordinator/Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Oakville, Ontario, CanadaJanuary 30, 2012
Pros: bbqs, free lunches or dinners, christmas dance, lunch and learn
Cons: structural change was difficult
I enjoyed working at GE. I learned a lot from my job and had the opportunity to interact with employees on a daily basis. The team I worked with was awesome and very helpful. If we needed tools for the job, it was no problem to get them. It was a pleasure working with management.
great place to work for
Machine Operator/Inspector (Former Employee), Springfield, MODecember 20, 2014
Pros: pizza on saturdays you work overtime
Cons: a lot overtime at the beginning
Learned a lot of different machines. Great bosses to work with. Coworkers made you feel like family
GE is a good company to learn and grow
Finance Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta/ChinaDecember 18, 2014
GE is a great company for entry level employees. It has good environment of coaching and inclusiveness. But you have to work hard to learn and grow.GE always asks employees to move out of comfort zone and raise challenging.
Challenging Work environment
Global Supply Chain Leader (Former Employee), East Cleveland, OHDecember 16, 2014
Great places to work for a challenging work environment. You can only grow stronger as a leader working here. 1st shift work day with travel several times per year. Co-workers were very close knit group.
I have a good retirement because of GE
Assembler 1 (Former Employee), Bloomington, INDecember 13, 2014
Pros: i don't want to sound like a broleen record, but, the pros would be my retirement, insurance, and the good friends that i still have that i met there.
Cons: the only con i can think about was how hot it was in the summer.
I worked on the line. Would do the relief operators job when he was gone. And on overtime. That involved doing the repair that was taken off the line and give bathroom breaks. Sometimes the coordinator job. I went to GE at 17 years old, right after I graduated. I learned that you have to make it fun, and do your job, to survive in a factory. And that's – more... what I did for 38 1/2 years. Management at GE was good in the beginning, We had good formen that took care of their people. After about 20 years things changed and they started hiring military. It was different then. My friends from there are like my family and we still get together. A lot of good people worked at GE. For me, the hardest part of the job was getting up at 3:30 in the morning. And going to bed every night at 9:00. For the most part I can honestly say that I liked working at GE. I have a good retirement and insurance because of them. – less
Excellent Company for work for...
Lead Go-Live Support Consultant (Contractor) (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 12, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: no many
Self introductions to staff, one on one interaction with providers and staff, review of workflows, review of supported tools. Dealing with providers and staff with resistance to change. Successfully dealing with diffcult providers and calming fears. Providing support to staff on a scale from 2-20 providers, NP, nurses and MA.
Good Company.
Finance Intern (Current Employee), Fort Myers FLDecember 11, 2014
Plenty of work to do, opportunity to advance are you are able to relocate as needed. Fair compensation. Good Benefits.
Temp Position
Material Handler (Former Employee), Warrensburg, MoDecember 11, 2014
It was a warehouse job, temp hire thought I could get foot in door. It was a very good place to work everyone had training, safety classes and updates. I did not mind it there at all but a new GM came in and eliminated the temp hires. I still check for job listings at the site for any opening and apply whenever I can.
Satelite Division of GE Power and Water
Lead Software Test Engineer (Former Employee), Norfolk, VADecember 9, 2014
Pros: qa team
Cons: managment
Management of this particular site was terrible. Long work hours, required to come to office on the weekends, ran like a mom and pop sweat shop.
Maximum Success, Family Environment
Manufacturing Associate level 4 (Former Employee), Reno, NVDecember 6, 2014
Pros: gym and discounts on ge products. oh, and renting brand new bike for free!!! & tents.
Cons: ................................. older senior associates. some managers more like 2 out of 25.
GE, Bentley will spare no expense to make sure you are as safe and have every tool you need to do your job to maximum efficiency.

If you are willing to put in the work, you can become whatever you want to be with GE.

Management is fair, experienced, and some of the hardest workers in the facility.

Great incentives!

They even have a 5 star gym with – more... trainers on site.

The site rents out Boats, Bikes Tents, Rock climbing gear, and many others to take advantage of the NV outdoors. It is all Free. – less
Productive and fun workplace
EHS Officer (Former Employee), Midrand, GPDecember 5, 2014
Cons: contract work
It was a good company to work for. Friendly staff, Supportive management team.Good health and safety management system in place.Having worked for a mining company before I joined GE, I found GE most enjoyable and I learned a lot in a different working environment, which was beneficial for me having to experience at different working enviroments
Foreign Trade Zone Administrator (Current Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 3, 2014
Easy to work for and does not micro manage. Co workers come in and do their jobs without any issues. Management is refreshing as they do not breathe down you back as long as your job is completed.
Great people and great product
Engineering (Current Employee), Lynn, MADecember 2, 2014
Pros: exciting product line, technically challenging, strong team, good people, young workforce
Cons: cost of living, healthcare, benefits
Overall it is a great time to be working in Lynn right now, great people and exciting products. Technically challenging and rewarding. The compensation could be a bit better due to the cost of living in the area.
Great place to work with awesome benefits and management
Production Technician (Current Employee), Logan UtahDecember 2, 2014
Pros: benefits, compensation, management, co-workers, procedures
Cons: a little bit of politics, poor feedback analysis, some departments have limited movement
I was never not satisfied with the workplace and the environment at GE Healthcare. The management actually cares about the movement and career goals of their employees. The procedures and processes are flawless and I enjoy working there and come to work every day with a smile

About GE Corporate

At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across – Read more