GE Corporate

GE Corporate Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A work experience type job postions
Production Worker-8Week Contract (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONAugust 25, 2012
Pros: knowing what you had to do and went and did it.
Cons: temporary contract type position
Operator of plates on a production line. Pretty straight forward stuff
safety number one concern
Millwright (Former Employee), Arnprior, ONAugust 12, 2012
Pros: everything
Cons: night shift
best place i have worked at, preventive and predictive maintenance programs in place.
Very hard for contract employees specially in GBS department - contractors are second class employee
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), MississaugaMarch 2, 2012
Cons: long hours without overtime
Micro Management, contractors are second class employees
Fun workplace. Employees got along well. Company organized many team activities to motivate employees.
Human Resources Coordinator/Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Oakville, Ontario, CanadaJanuary 30, 2012
Pros: bbqs, free lunches or dinners, christmas dance, lunch and learn
Cons: structural change was difficult
I enjoyed working at GE. I learned a lot from my job and had the opportunity to interact with employees on a daily basis. The team I worked with was awesome and very helpful. If we needed tools for the job, it was no problem to get them. It was a pleasure working with management.
Productive and fun ennviroment.
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee), Van Buren, MichiganAugust 19, 2014
Pros: large events and getting to meet ceo & cio of the company to network with.
Cons: events with exotic foods and beverages.
My typical day at work is very busy, I have over 1100 employees that I converse with on a daily. The part I enjoy about working with GE is the friendly fast paced atmosphere here.
Very Good.
Senior piping & pipe stress engineer (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYAugust 19, 2014
I like to work with this Company if I get an opportunity.
Work and life are fully balanced.
good company
Project Manager (Former Employee), Plainville, CTAugust 15, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: layoffs
GE is a good company to work for however the job security is less than desirable
tough company to work for.
Service technician (Former Employee), brooklynAugust 8, 2014
Solid company to work for. All the tools are there for you.
take advantge of the oppertunity.
Great place to owork
Parts Fulfillment Concession Specialist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 6, 2014
Pros: love the people
Cons: no room for advancement
Graet place to work, people are great. Work an 8 hour shift communicating with suppliers and factories via email and telephone. Updating databases with needed information.
training not the best but otherwise upbeat work environment
Billing Administrator (Former Employee), chicagoAugust 6, 2014
Pros: they had a nap room where you were allowed an hour break, different food vendors in the lunchroom
Cons: poor training
work with offsite managers, bill over 70 accounts, contact clients and account managers, customer service

learned to adjust to all the changes, the company changed policy over 5 times in less than 2 years

Management and training was not the best

Hardest part was adjusting to all the policy changes on how to bill without proper training

most enjoyable – more... was all the fun work functions we did as a team such as baseball games, bowling, lunches and community work we did – less
A position where my education and work experience will have valuable application. Project, Operations Management.
Commercial Operation Manager (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLAugust 5, 2014
 Innovative Professional with more than 14 years of experience in diverse international sales/marketing, product and services engineering with proven success, creativity and initiative.
 Expertise in project management, P&L operations. Thrive in both independent and team work environments.
 Proficient in Windows OS, MS Office, CRM Systems. Multilingual – more... in English, Spanish. Six Sigma Green Belt certified. – less
Nice place to work for
Lead Engineer (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAAugust 5, 2014
Good place to work for.
Owning Design of Gas turbine and woring on New technology offerings.

perfect balance between work & out side Life.
Assembler (Former Employee), Salisbury, NCAugust 3, 2014
Very fun job good hours I enjoyed the job but it was temporary
Excellent Experience
Area Manager and Regional Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CA, Louisville, KYAugust 3, 2014
Pros: excellent professional experience
Cons: not high $ incentivization
I held many roles within GE. I was a new hire under the auspices of the GE Commercial Leadership Program, which allowed me to experience first hand the high level decisions being made in C-level meetings (the war room) as well as many other commercial responsibilities taking place on the front lines (merchandising, marketing, production, operations, – more... etc.)

After graduation from the CLP program, I had success in positions as a sales manager and regional manager of distribution for the western United States. I had excellent managers, who were willing to help me grow professionally, even paying 100% for my master degree program that I attended during the evening and on the weekends. – less
Great Learning Experience
Security and Crisis Management Specialist - (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAAugust 2, 2014
Pros: learning, work culture
Cons: slow, slow growth
GE as one of the biggest and oldest Corporate Houses, is an excellent learning platform, where you get to learn industry best practices, standards and processes.
Fantastic Leadership Program
International Customer Risk Leader (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 31, 2014
GE is a fantastic company that provides a strong foundation for any individual's career. Through the course of my FMP program, I obtained a skillset and knowledge that no other program can and this will greatly benefit me in my future endeavours. I cannot thank the company enough for all that they have invested in me during the course of the past several – more... years – less
High call volume and Plenty of room for growth.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 29, 2014
Pros: this was my first customer service job so i appreciated the initial experience i recieved.
Cons: i needed more income.
At General Electric I was a customer service rep. There I was take inbound calls from customers who either wanted to schedule appointments for service repair or who had and issue with the pursing of a General Electric appliance. All of my call were monitored and audited to ensure speedy and effective work. There wasn't anything hard about this job at – more... all. The office where I worked was full of energetic employees whom I had no problem working as a team with. – less
GE Energy Services
Energy Management Power Conversion (Former Employee), NY, New England and Northern NJJuly 29, 2014
After 6 years in the same role, I decided to look for other opportunities and challenges. GE Energy Services, Motors Division is in process of relocating all supporting activities from Fort Wayne, IN to Monterrey, Mexico. This included my Inside Sales Support, Pre & Post Sales Support, Engineering and Technical Services Support. Needless to say, nearly – more... everyone has shifted their priorities from Sales to survival. – less
Great company to work with.
Quality Control Auditor (Current Employee), PRJuly 28, 2014
New things that I learned every day, my co-workers are wonderful. We work as a team every day and help each other. The hardest thing at job is the temperature that we have to work with. Most enjoyable part of the job is that I'm learning everyday.
Good Place to work
Machinist/ Sheet metal fabricator (Former Employee), Manchester, CTJuly 28, 2014
If you want to learn they will allow you to. Different shifts available

About GE Corporate

At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across – Read more