GE Corporate

GE Corporate Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
GE is a wonderful place to work, I loved that company very much
Fleet Administration Job (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: ge is a very fun place to work, they always care for their workers' need, occatiolally they offer free snack
Processed all day to day tasks on violation

Variety of administrative duties

Co workers were very fun and supportive

Hardest part was to find the violation back-up, if it was not saved in the system

Most enjoyable part was to make the violation tickets payment for the driver on behalf of client, and do the monthly violation reports for GE clients.
A work experience type job postions
Production Worker-8Week Contract (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONAugust 25, 2012
Pros: knowing what you had to do and went and did it.
Cons: temporary contract type position
Operator of plates on a production line. Pretty straight forward stuff
safety number one concern
Millwright (Former Employee), Arnprior, ONAugust 12, 2012
Pros: everything
Cons: night shift
best place i have worked at, preventive and predictive maintenance programs in place.
Very hard for contract employees specially in GBS department - contractors are second class employee
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), MississaugaMarch 2, 2012
Cons: long hours without overtime
Micro Management, contractors are second class employees
Fun workplace. Employees got along well. Company organized many team activities to motivate employees.
Human Resources Coordinator/Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Oakville, Ontario, CanadaJanuary 30, 2012
Pros: bbqs, free lunches or dinners, christmas dance, lunch and learn
Cons: structural change was difficult
I enjoyed working at GE. I learned a lot from my job and had the opportunity to interact with employees on a daily basis. The team I worked with was awesome and very helpful. If we needed tools for the job, it was no problem to get them. It was a pleasure working with management.
Family Oriented Company
Payroll Representative (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: famiy oriented
Cons: non that i can think of.
This was an awesome company to work for. Very fast paced. I was able to learn the vision of GE and was able to become Green Belt Certified. Was able to accomplish prioritization with is one of my many strengths. GE is very family oriented and give a generous amount of time off each year. The hardest part of the job was leaving GE to move back to Wisconsin.
Disappointed by GE
Engineer (Current Employee), Lisle, ILSeptember 12, 2014
Most management lacks good leadership and ethical reasoning. The people I work with are great but are being tacking advantage of management that continues to invade everyone's personal lives that consume days and nights.
The Best
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Somersworth, NHSeptember 12, 2014
Since leaving GE, I have never found another enviornment that gives me as much emotional satisfaction. One of the best organizations and was proud to be part of it's success.
Good Place to work
Lead Engineer (Current Employee), Bangalore, KASeptember 12, 2014
Gateway to learn many things.Good work life balance.
You are lucky if you are under a good manager who understand your strengths.
Worked with great people
On/Off line Assembly (Former Employee), Decatur, ALSeptember 11, 2014
Overall i just made sure the product was not contaminated or broken.
ASQ Certified Six Sigma Black Belt / Oracle ERP Project Manager
Six Sigma Black Belt / Oracle ERP Project Manager (Current Employee), Louisville, KYSeptember 6, 2014
• Work as an ERP Project Manager/Six Sigma Black Belt in Product Fulfillment Team (fulfillment team under Supply Chain Group / Product Management Group).
• Works closely with IT project managers & business users to provide technical and business solutions that meet user needs - Negotiate agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between – more... two teams from initial requirements to final implementation.
• Responsible for creating standardized reporting and identifying metrics surrounding forecast accuracy and customer service levels improvement
• Manage new Product/Customer/Origination on-boarding (NPI) and loss of business to ensure accurate demand forecasting, inventory performance, factory promise and fill rate
• Lead system upgrades, enhancements and break-fix projects to increase functionality and improve forecast accuracy

Strategy & Planning
• Meet and work with business team leaders generate work plans.
• Conducts business process analyses, needs assessments, and preliminary cost/benefits analyses in order to align information technology solutions with business initiatives
• Provide recommendations to address and resolve business issues for fulfillment group.
• Design business process and application configuration for Oracle Demantra and S&OP applications based on industry best practices

Acquisition & Deployment
• Gather and documenting business requirements, create functional design and technical specifications documents, and perform impact analysis for application changes.
• Plan and organize tasks, lead process configuration design activities, report progress, and manage and coordinate with consultants or IT team for implementations.

Operational Management
• Develop solutions to leverage Oracle applications functionality for the Supply Chain Planning (Sales & Operations Planning) areas. Guides IT technical team in the development reports, conversions, interfaces, and extensions for Oracle Applications.
• Lead/Support all solution activities including testing and verification - developing test plans and test cases, preparing test scripts, setting up test data, performing functional testing, and driving change across different functional areas
• Lead key user sessions for requirement, testing and training. Create and maintain user SOP and system documentation
• Troubleshooting relating to application functionality, assisting users with problems and resolve issues independently – less
High focus on cost-out. Minimal focus on quality.
Engineering Leader (Current Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 6, 2014
Get to work with pleasant, energetic, smart people. Unfortunately, quality is talked about a lot but never invested in.
GE IP
Manufacturing Test Technician (CR-22) (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: good benefits, low-stress environment
Cons: pay could be higher, given the plant is located in a college town.
Best thing I gained from GE so far is my IPC-610-A certification, as well as a better understanding of non-military electronics.
Friendly environment
Senior Engineer V&V Onshore (Current Employee), Bridgewater, NJSeptember 4, 2014
Good work culture, professionally managed, fun at work, flexible timing
Lunch and Staffing
Technical Sales Application Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 4, 2014
I typical day would be a day working with clients over the phone and providing support with their needs on the applications.
Large company allowed for several opportunites for advancement
Project Manager (Current Employee), Avon, MASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: opportunity for advancement
Managed many applications under various managers. There is opportunity for advancement provided you use the internal network to advertise your skills. I enjoyed the challenges the environments provided.
Structured, productive work place dedicated to production and professionalism
Junior data Analyst/Customer Service (contract) (Former Employee), Stamford, CTAugust 30, 2014
Pros: emphasis on productivity and work performance
Cons: lack of social interaction of all ranks; heirarchy based.
Very structured, no nonsense approach to work. business oriented, and all about productivity and striving for greatness. no nonsense approach to politics and interaction. Good environment for those who are workers and go getters. Not the most social; more focus on work performance and productivity.
They provided a great Management team.
Credit Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Frisco, TexasAugust 29, 2014
The Benefits where the best until that all changed in the last quarter of 2009. The Work/Home balance was okay but the pay could have been higher. I just feel like when you provide excellent work ethics you should be rewarded within your pay and your benefits from the start of the employee, employer relationship. And if the work ethic turns out to be – more... poor then it will reflect by either being fired and/or in your pay increases. – less
Fun workplace with a Foosball table
Marketing Specialist at Power Generation Services (Former Employee), Dubai, U.A.EAugust 27, 2014
Pros: friendly environment, good management
Cons: n/a
I engaged with growth & sales team to understand feasibility of particular offering and combined market data with demographic trends to correlate a forward-looking strategy for a business segment. I was mostly doing market research and developing Powerpoint presentations to communicate progress, share best practices and provide updates to my supervisor – more... and some country managers. I also led and managed conference calls.

During lunch time we used to play Foosball and have a nice time getting to know our colleagues at work. – less
plenty of ojt,class studies with engeers and great co-workers
Working Leader/A Class Machinist (Former Employee), houston,tx,August 27, 2014
receiving a unit rotor,performing incoming inspection,learning how critical all the parts are working closely with engineers to may sure nothing is mis or left un-repaired,great co-workers.hardest part disassemably and best part is that unit rotor is complete and loaded onto the truck with no defects and no employee hurt or injured.

About GE Corporate

At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across – Read more