GE Corporate

GE Corporate Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent company and culture to be a part of
Customer Solutions Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 8, 2012
Pros: fantasic learning curve and opportunity to grow
Cons: as a the only bilingual individual in this role difficult to get support
My role at a GE Healthcare was to increase sales in Eastern Canada for service sales contracts. I was reponsible for delivery of service contracts from RFP to completion. My role entailed selling, upselling, analysis of customer accounts, managing training courses for biomedical technologists, and maintaining scope of projects for all hospital sites within my territory.
Great place to learn, investment program
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 16, 2012
This was a great company to work for. They were open to change and always wanting to grow and expand
GE is a wonderful place to work, I loved that company very much
Fleet Administration Job (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: ge is a very fun place to work, they always care for their workers' need, occatiolally they offer free snack
Processed all day to day tasks on violation

Variety of administrative duties

Co workers were very fun and supportive

Hardest part was to find the violation back-up, if it was not saved in the system

Most enjoyable part was to make the violation tickets payment for the driver on behalf of client, and do the monthly violation reports for GE clients.
A work experience type job postions
Production Worker-8Week Contract (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONAugust 25, 2012
Pros: knowing what you had to do and went and did it.
Cons: temporary contract type position
Operator of plates on a production line. Pretty straight forward stuff
safety number one concern
Millwright (Former Employee), Arnprior, ONAugust 12, 2012
Pros: everything
Cons: night shift
best place i have worked at, preventive and predictive maintenance programs in place.
Very hard for contract employees specially in GBS department - contractors are second class employee
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), MississaugaMarch 2, 2012
Cons: long hours without overtime
Micro Management, contractors are second class employees
Fun workplace. Employees got along well. Company organized many team activities to motivate employees.
Human Resources Coordinator/Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Oakville, Ontario, CanadaJanuary 30, 2012
Pros: bbqs, free lunches or dinners, christmas dance, lunch and learn
Cons: structural change was difficult
I enjoyed working at GE. I learned a lot from my job and had the opportunity to interact with employees on a daily basis. The team I worked with was awesome and very helpful. If we needed tools for the job, it was no problem to get them. It was a pleasure working with management.
Challenging, fast-paced environment
Vice President, Human Resources (Current Employee), London, UKJanuary 25, 2015
Great people with very diverse population from across Europe and broader globe
great place to work
Winder Operator (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: great job with pride for workers and parts created there.
Cons: starting pay is low.
Excellent place to work. Awesome people and advancement opportunities.
great place to work
Winder Operator (Former Employee), Schenectady, NYJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: great job with pride for workers and parts created there.
Cons: starting pay is low.
Excellent place to work. Awesome people and advancement opportunities.
Excellent people and leadership
Marketing & Sales Intern, Merchandising (Summer) (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 21, 2015
What really makes this company great are the people. Supportive, hard working, and fun to be around. I learned a great deal during those 3 months and it was a great opportunity to be part of the company.
Good place to learn
Trainee Planning and Production Control (Former Employee), Rio de Janeiro, RJJanuary 21, 2015
I was a trainee at GE. It was a good company to learn from the best employees.
Excellent position for advancement
Solar Technician (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Training and experience are exceptional. The opportunities to continue and advance are abundant. Project management was excellent in communicating daily tasks and very safety conscious. Often given the opportunity to communicate ideas and concerns for safety and productivity.
Overall great place to work and to learn
Manufacturing Engineer Co-op (Former Employee), Billerica, MAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: dynamic work experience with infinite possibilities for improvment
Cons: big company that was slightly unorganized
GE was a fantastic opportunity for me to advance my design experience and learn a ton about manufacturing engineering. Previously, I had never gained experience regarding production and safety, so, with the help of a great experienced mentor, I learned as much as I could about manufacturing and all of the steps required to make a quality product. My coworkers were nothing but helpful and, while many of them were young, they all had answers for my questions or knew who did. Some of the work I was doing involved programming a stepper motor to lift a mechanical fixture which was a little outside of my comfort zone, but I really enjoyed the challenge and completed the job by the end of my term. It was very rewarding and enjoyable to finish that job and have something tangible to be proud of at the end of my term there.
Overall great place to work and to learn
Manufacturing Engineer Co-op (Former Employee), Billerica, MAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: dynamic work experience with infinite possibilities for improvment
Cons: big company that was slightly unorganized
Integrity, Productive & Safety
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Duluth, GAJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: 20 min lunch
A typical work day consists of a few things, communication is most important. Before starting my day I would speak with the operator from the previous shift or read the pass down log to see if there were any issues and if they were corrected. After wards I would double check tooling, paperwork, coolant & oil levels for the machine. My coworkers, management and I worked very good together. I really loved my job with GE, I was with the company for 13 years as a machine operator. Unfortunately the plant closed January 2015.
Integrity,Safety & Productive
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee), Duluth, GAJanuary 15, 2015
A typical work day at GE consists of a few things, the most important thing was to make sure proper paperwork was with the proper material before starting production. I had a great relationship with each of my fellow coworkers and our management team my entire13 years of service with the company. I really enjoyed working for GE, I loved my job unfortunately the company is closing January 2015.
Product and work place
electronics (Former Employee), Pune, MHJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: free launches
Cons: long hours
When you are speaking to a stranger or to someone who
has a position of authority, it's important to show respect
during your conversation. One way to do this is through
using personal titles as
GE managements profesionalism is outstanding.
Material Handler and Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: on the first day on the job an employee was already awarded vacation time
Cons: the union was voted in which was not a good thing.
typical work day always left me with feeling of acomplishment. GE thought me the importance of safety. management was concerned about the employes well being and benefits. I was always impressed with GE employee friendly attitude. Co-workers always knew the value of team work and communication. Sometimes were not always provided the materials via the vendor, therefor slowing down production. when we were slow in one area we used that time to concentrate in other areas. Most enjoyable part of the job was that management recognized all co-workers effort.
No comment
Field Engineer (Former Employee), Cleveland, ohioJanuary 13, 2015
I serviced five manufacturing plants along the I90 corridor.

About GE Corporate

At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across – Read more