GE Corporate
1,005 reviews

GE Corporate Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fulfilling position with great benefits
Site Leader - Portofolio Manager, GE (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecJune 4, 2013
Pros: great benefits and self realization
Cons: some travelling for training
Very motivating environment with a great team.

A typical day would include a customer interview over a credit review or address of concern; training of staff on some new procedure; strategic operations meeting with colleagues and VP.

The most rewarding thing about being a manager is seeing the progress of an employee thanks to my coaching and perseverance, and seeing the team achieve the quarterly sales objective.
Receiving a customer compliment and thank you letter is always appreciated.

Having colleagues to convene with is a great support thing, especially in times of short staff or technical difficulties of system.
The most enjoyable part of this job was being multitasked: managing, servicing and training.

The hardest part of the job was the fact that it was abolished.
fun workplace with a lot of fun people
Accounts Receivable (A/R) Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 1, 2013
Pros: free lunches during quarter ends and month ends
Cons: long hours due to the month and quarter ends
It was a very fun place to work at. It does have a lot of work during the month and quarter ends but it helps your day go by fast and do not realize when its home time already. People working there are really friendly and helpful. It gave me a good opportunity to learn in my related field.
Excellent Company
Manager, Shop Operations (Former Employee), LangleyApril 23, 2013
Very good company to work for. Interesting projects, smart people.
Excellent company and culture to be a part of
Customer Solutions Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 8, 2012
Pros: fantasic learning curve and opportunity to grow
Cons: as a the only bilingual individual in this role difficult to get support
My role at a GE Healthcare was to increase sales in Eastern Canada for service sales contracts. I was reponsible for delivery of service contracts from RFP to completion. My role entailed selling, upselling, analysis of customer accounts, managing training courses for biomedical technologists, and maintaining scope of projects for all hospital sites within my territory.
Great place to learn, investment program
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 16, 2012
This was a great company to work for. They were open to change and always wanting to grow and expand
GE is a wonderful place to work, I loved that company very much
Fleet Administration Job (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: ge is a very fun place to work, they always care for their workers' need, occatiolally they offer free snack
Processed all day to day tasks on violation

Variety of administrative duties

Co workers were very fun and supportive

Hardest part was to find the violation back-up, if it was not saved in the system

Most enjoyable part was to make the violation tickets payment for the driver on behalf of client, and do the monthly violation reports for GE clients.
A work experience type job postions
Production Worker-8Week Contract (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONAugust 25, 2012
Pros: knowing what you had to do and went and did it.
Cons: temporary contract type position
Operator of plates on a production line. Pretty straight forward stuff
safety number one concern
Millwright (Former Employee), Arnprior, ONAugust 12, 2012
Pros: everything
Cons: night shift
best place i have worked at, preventive and predictive maintenance programs in place.
Very hard for contract employees specially in GBS department - contractors are second class employee
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), MississaugaMarch 2, 2012
Cons: long hours without overtime
Micro Management, contractors are second class employees
Fun workplace. Employees got along well. Company organized many team activities to motivate employees.
Human Resources Coordinator/Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Oakville, Ontario, CanadaJanuary 30, 2012
Pros: bbqs, free lunches or dinners, christmas dance, lunch and learn
Cons: structural change was difficult
I enjoyed working at GE. I learned a lot from my job and had the opportunity to interact with employees on a daily basis. The team I worked with was awesome and very helpful. If we needed tools for the job, it was no problem to get them. It was a pleasure working with management.

About GE Corporate

At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across – Read more