GE Corporate Employee Reviews

Success Oriented
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 April 2017
Worked with wonderful people for many years until I lost my job to restructuring. Very innovative and creative people. Always looking to improve and be the best.
Its a great company to work with
Financial Analyst Global Operations (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2017
This is a great company to work with. Learned tons of things during this period. Intense & non-stop learning with several ERP implementations wherein my involvement was significant. Oracle CCL implementation, Oracle Cloud Implementation, GPAS implementation just to name a few ...
Strong culture
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2017
Worked with many experienced professionals in my early career days and was given invaluable advice and lessons.
Strong culture, happy and committed employees.
People are great to work with. Wages and benefits are good.
MAO2 Fit, Wire Assemble (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON21 April 2017
People are great to work with. Wages and benefits are good.
Most of the facility is old and requires updating. Some parts of the plant were updated a few years ago but renovations and improvements need to continue. New manufacturing/production techniques such as those implemented in the car industry would greatly improve productivity and organization. The most frustrating part of working there is a general lack of organization.
Due to the fluctuating market for large motors lay offs are common and frequent contributing to reduced employee moral and enthusiasm.
Pros
Wages and benefits
Cons
lack of organization.
Punch Press Operator, Burr Grinding Operator (Former Employee) –  Trenton, Ontario and Peterborough, Ontario16 April 2017
We had a great relationship with management. It was a small factory so everyone knew each other quite well. Our production manager was well known to all and very compassionate when G.E. closed. Our Human Resources was easy to communicate with and helpful. Management and employees had a great relationship and worked together.
Pros
Excellent wages and a great place to work.
Cons
Lay offs at the beginning and then they closed the doors.
Productive, creative and multicultural
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chengdu, CN6 March 2017
It was a remarkable experience in my life. It made me know the greatest company with many excellent features which you can not image! Fantastic management, flexible work time and creative culture.
Productive fun innovative workplace.
Senior Back End Develope (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 March 2017
Very rewarding day, working with smart people on interesting challenging projects. Working with innovative big data projects with new technology. Able to learn, apply new skills, and use my own ideas. Nice culture with reasonable expectations.
Pros
Undstanding flexiable management.
Cons
Politics may effect budget cuts.
Many different areas to gain various expertise.
Sales Administration (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 March 2017
Good Company. My time there was short but my days were filled with new experiences. I was exposed to the area of equipment financing where I processed equipment waivers.
Pros
On site gym, Cafeteria
very good company to work for
Technical Director (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC18 February 2017
i enjoyed my time with ge and recommend them to anyone who is looking for longterm and quality employment. excellent pay great benefits and security.
Friendly working environment and great company culture
Control System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC27 January 2017
An excellent team to work with. Great people. Enjoy the job and working at different location on a regular basis. Managers are nice and supportive. Very respectful environment.
Pros
lot of fun and stress free
Great Place to work
Electronics Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON20 January 2017
Had learned a lot as individual and as team.Great leaders and colleagues .Worked for whole lot of different products...lot of opportunities to learn as much.
Pretty good money but a dead end job.
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB3 January 2017
Lack of communication to staff, Need to know basis and you don't need to know attitude.
The job is fairly easy compared to most oilfield work.
If you are single and like money apply. If you want a career keep searching.
Pros
Good money for most employees, easy, you can not get fired.
Cons
Negitive atmosphere, favoritism, Your days off are a inconvenience to their non sense schedule.
Deskside Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 November 2016
-Friendly staff
-Good work/life balance
-Great Team

This was a temp contract only. Working at this location was a breeze, the staff was great and the location fantastic.
Production
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON26 October 2016
G.E had a non impressive culture there production requirements were almost never met due to lack of production very poor union enviroment
Productive, good work life balance
Operations Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 October 2016
Table Tennis
Gym
Cafeteria
Good Networking groups
Pros
Working Remote
Cons
Not a lot of opportunity for advancement
Busy & fast paced
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON12 October 2016
Large volume of internal & external calls to bushiness and sales representatives. Organizing rush deliveries to customers with transportation organizations.
Financial Management Program at GE
Financial Planning and Services Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sorel-Tracy, QC4 October 2016
In the year and a half I've been at GE I have been given the opportunity to work for three different businesses (GE Capital, GE Power, and GE Renewable Energy) in different roles across Ontario and Quebec.

In each of these positions I have worked with new teams under different managers and have had a number of chances to enhance my problem-solving and leadership skills.

As a recent graduate, I am fortunate to have received a breadth of experience and to have been granted significant responsibilities within a short period of time. In addition, the company has invested heavily in me through courses both online and in-person and has taken a strong interest in helping develop my professional career.
Bunch of little empire builders in their own world
Senior Designer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON1 October 2016
Just give and give and give until your sick and then out the door.

Good for someone who likes abuse but there is much better places to work for.
Pros
the place never burnt down but did flood once
Cons
to many to list
Very productive place, fun to work there.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON20 September 2016
Absolutely great to work there. Benefits, compensation, work force. No hard part of the job, mentally and physically demanding but absolutely had fabulous time. Great Management support, freedom to make decisions and communicate with upper management. Absolutely approve of every decision management made even ultimately plant closure. It was after all smart business decision. It is all about profit.
Pros
Cons
Minor
good place
Trailer tech/welder (Former Employee) –  London, ON1 September 2016
Good place to work and stable enviroment. Management listens to employees and supplys you with required equipment to do you job well. As long as you got your work done nobody would bother you and you could basically setup your days as you wish. You were basically your own boss.
Pros
mangement listens
Cons
to much paperwork

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.