GE Corporate

GE Corporate Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
GE is a wonderful place to work, I loved that company very much
Fleet Administration Job (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: ge is a very fun place to work, they always care for their workers' need, occatiolally they offer free snack
Processed all day to day tasks on violation

Variety of administrative duties

Co workers were very fun and supportive

Hardest part was to find the violation back-up, if it was not saved in the system

Most enjoyable part was to make the violation tickets payment for the driver on behalf of client, and do the monthly violation reports for GE clients.
A work experience type job postions
Production Worker-8Week Contract (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONAugust 25, 2012
Pros: knowing what you had to do and went and did it.
Cons: temporary contract type position
Operator of plates on a production line. Pretty straight forward stuff
safety number one concern
Millwright (Former Employee), Arnprior, ONAugust 12, 2012
Pros: everything
Cons: night shift
best place i have worked at, preventive and predictive maintenance programs in place.
Very hard for contract employees specially in GBS department - contractors are second class employee
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), MississaugaMarch 2, 2012
Cons: long hours without overtime
Micro Management, contractors are second class employees
Fun workplace. Employees got along well. Company organized many team activities to motivate employees.
Human Resources Coordinator/Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Oakville, Ontario, CanadaJanuary 30, 2012
Pros: bbqs, free lunches or dinners, christmas dance, lunch and learn
Cons: structural change was difficult
I enjoyed working at GE. I learned a lot from my job and had the opportunity to interact with employees on a daily basis. The team I worked with was awesome and very helpful. If we needed tools for the job, it was no problem to get them. It was a pleasure working with management.
great environment
Associate (Former Employee), IndiaNovember 23, 2014
working with GE was really great exprenice in my life,i learnt there perfect time management, meeting the goals and objectives of the company, and worked with tag line "work with emergency"

not only i was associate in that company,but when we talk about the business we were given platform to make business from whole country and i was know through the – more... business area in whole country and even i was involved in business meeting and many more. – less
very poor culture ,poor salary, no competence
MECHANICAL SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Schertz, TXNovember 21, 2014
Pros: you dont have to do much
Cons: the whole organizationj
Management is the worst I have seen in my 30 years of experience
Global company, innovating at home appliances
Retail Trademarketing Leader (Current Employee), Mexico CityNovember 19, 2014
I love my job, because I have the chance to develope people at the company; and for me its a great satisfaction to learn the markets and create new strategys with the support of my team
Pay decent, no holidays/weekends
ASSEMBLY PRODUCTION (Former Employee), Louisville, KYNovember 16, 2014
As far as factories go, this was a pretty decent one to work for. Plenty of notice for mandatory overtime. Union
packaging machine was great
Machinist (Former Employee), Niles, OHNovember 15, 2014
Pros: fast pace, attention to detail
Cons: swing shitf
high speed inspection of glass plates while running a packer.
Leadeship at its best
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee), India, China, budapestNovember 14, 2014
Gateway to World class technology and best in class Processes but more importantly

Its all about Learning , Leading , inculcating everlasting personal and professional values.. which stays with you for ever. helping you manage contradictions, ambiguities and most importantly leading and helping your people grow and excel along with you in the journey – more... of achieving organizational vision.

You don't get a job here , but a Career. defining experience – less
GE/skyline
sales agent (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CANovember 14, 2014
Pros: what was good was the people who were in it
Cons: the bad part was commision only
well the commision was bad my pays only went lower and it got to the point where i can barely live for myself
Excellent platform for corporate R&D
Intern (Former Employee), Bangalore, IndiaNovember 14, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours, good work life balance.
Cons: compensation
General Electric is a place which has exceptional R&D units. GE works on very good problems which have direct application to industry.
Excellent until re-organization, new manager, lab closure, position eliminated.
Senior Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), Niskayuna, NYNovember 13, 2014
Great experience working with a global team: team members across town, across the country, and around the world. I enjoyed working with a number of people in a trademark licensing arrangement.
Was a good mixture of work and fun environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APNovember 12, 2014
General electric was the first company I worked with. It was my first job and being my first job, GE has taught me a lot of things that a professional environment would do to a college mentality student. Just out from my undergraduation, I joined GE and I was exposed to the professional environment for the first time, and the management taught me how – more... to be productive, punctual, hard and smart working, and how to behave in a professional environment – less
great company
Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee), 北京市, C22November 7, 2014
sometime, you have to spend time on office politics, since it's very import part in a such big company
A great company to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaNovember 6, 2014
Pros: great company
Days were always busy but the atmosphere was always pleasant. Great management team to help with issues. The hardest part of my job was having to leave due to company relocation.
A College Student Among Giants
Senior Design Team Member (Former Employee), Shreveport, LANovember 6, 2014
Pros: i was there on a project, so i came and went as needed
Cons: i didn't get paid
I worked at GE as part of my Senior Design Project while working on my undergraduate degree. Being an Industrial Engineer means that concepts like Six Sigma and LEAN are in our blood. GE was one of the first companies to implement these concepts and they certainly made them popular in the US. Working for this giant in the industry exposed me to what – more... the manufacturing environment looked like, who her people were, and how they interacted. I very much enjoyed working there and would go back in a heart beat. – less
a great and full of passion place and job for me
Team Leader & Experienced Engineer (Former Employee), wuhan CHINANovember 5, 2014
Firstly, GE impressed me absolutely, its culture, management and people are awesome. 4 and a half years time with GE, i learned lots and obtained abundantly. Coordinate and solve relationship & communication with our client or customer should be the hardest part in my job i thought. The most enjoyable is be the service engineer in GE healthcare always.
Good workplace, good colleagues and good lunch.
Summer Intern (Former Employee), China Technology CenterNovember 2, 2014
Pros: office
Cons: location
1. The day I did the optimization for polymer solidification is typical.
2. I learned how to conduct optimization on the basis of actual production requirement.
3. The management is extremely awesome.
4. All my co-workers are friendly.
5. The hardest part of the job is that while doing optimization, the calculation process was always slow. Thus how – more... to write a code that can calculate fast is important.
6. The most enjoyable part of the job is that we all worked as a team. – less

About GE Corporate

At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across – Read more