GE Corporate

GE Corporate Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
safety number one concern
Millwright (Former Employee), Arnprior, ONAugust 12, 2012
Pros: everything
Cons: night shift
best place i have worked at, preventive and predictive maintenance programs in place.
productive and challenging
Turbine Technician (Former Employee), Houston TxApril 22, 2014
It was fun and challenging job. The managements were really helpful and the coworkers were really fun and friendly.
GE TEAM
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Temporary Contract) (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 20, 2014
GE is a pleasant atmosphere with dedicated teams to carry out extensive projects
back stabbing lieing managment trying to fire anyone they can
trash (Former Employee), Erie, PAApril 18, 2014
Pros: the union
Cons: magt.
a terrable place to work horrably managed if they would clean up the manigment mess they would make easily ten times the money they make now
productive and fast paced
HR Administrator-Operations (Temporary) (Former Employee), leedsApril 18, 2014
Pros: career growth
Cons: non flexible
fast paced
highly motivated colleagues
goo work environment
Challenging Role
Engineer (Former Employee), Bangalore, KarnatakaApril 18, 2014
I was involved in doing preliminary design of low pressure turbines in GE' aviation engines. I learnt about the various constraints to be respected to create a successful turbine design.
I was performing optimization studies for various turbine configurations.

I had a good relationship with my team-leader and learnt a lot about turbine design from – more... him. – less
great job security
Customer Service Representative/ Mail Extract (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 17, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: short, breaks
worked there two years great benefits/pay. Also good job security
Excellent company
Lead engineer (Former Employee), hyderabad,IndiaApril 17, 2014
Excellent company with very good work culture and policys.
not a great place to start a career
Field Engineering (Former Employee), Concord, CAApril 16, 2014
Pros: bad people, no real work, waste my time
Cons: money was ok
this company is ok, but it not a place i would recomand people to start a career
Great employees, good atmosphere
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee), Erie, PAApril 15, 2014
Pros: atmosphere, constantly learning, salary
Cons: management and communication
A typical day at GE first consisted of finding out my assignment for the night and gathering any necessary tools to get the job done. Second, I would check over my work area and set my machine. After that I would weld everything the job called for. Fitting up small parts and reading the blueprint were the next step. Double check all of my welds, measurements, – more... part locations, and all work. At that point I would call for an inspector to inspect that sequence of the job. Lastly,I would clean up and set up for the next assignment.

While at GE I was able to learn about the welding sequence of a train. I took many safety courses that taught me several things including hand signals for a crane operator, proper disposal of chemicals, using machining and tooling correctly, and the overall importance of safety.

Management at GE was not easy to deal with due to lack of communication.

My co-workers were mostly great guys who would work hard. They would help anytime help was needed. If I had a question I felt comfortable asking anyone. My co-workers made me a better team player.

The hardest part of the job was fitting into small spaces and the intense heat.

What I enjoyed most was the overall trade of welding while at GE. – less
GENEROUS ELECTRIC
Manager of Order Processing (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 14, 2014
Pros: great benefits, great folks
Cons: hard to get back into the hiring "fold".
Loved working hear, taking orders for customers, routing the orders, moving shipments along. Great people, Great Job, Great Salary and benefits.

Want to go back, someday.

Hardest part of job, leaving to start a family

Most enjoyable part of job, payday and friends.
I enjoyed working with management and co=workers
Grinder Helper (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 13, 2014
Pros: enjoyed working with others and being part of a team.
come to wrok early working together and safety meeting it was a good job management ok
Translator
Coordinator & Translator (Current Employee), Algiers, AlgeriaApril 13, 2014
From 01/02/2013 (Contract until February 01st 2014) up to date hired by GE II Algiers Subcontractor to work for AERO as External Relations Coordinator in charge of technical translation in Mobile Gas Turbines Sector translating documentation , as well as translating in customer trainings and meetings, redacting reports and MOMs and in need carrying – more... out French/English /Arabic translation for juridical documentation, as well as taking care of Travel arrangements and coordinating expatriates Security and Logistics during mobilizations and demobilizations . – less
Fast paced work environment
Access Control Officer (Current Employee), Erie, PAApril 11, 2014
• Provide perimeter security around the facility.
• Ensure the safety of all employees by strictly enforcing traffic and parking policies.
• Maintain direct supervision of all employees entering and exiting the facility.
• Conduct vehicle inspections to prevent contraband from entering or exiting the facility.
Bad
Consultant (Former Employee), NYApril 9, 2014
Pros: good office nice location. some teams are good
Cons: some teams are bad. mine is one of those
Co-coordinator, Project management, Resource management
Postive and effective trainer
IDX Training & Systems Support Specialist (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 8, 2014
Pros: flexibility and family/home life focused.
Cons: downsizing within the organization.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working closely with the ambulatory locations to assist with the daily training and education, which includes the front end users, clinical and staff physician team.
Large exciting work place, interesting work with hands on experience.
IT Test Analyst (Internship) (Former Employee), ExampleApril 7, 2014
Pros: ability to travel through the uk and globally
Cons: increased pressure at deployment stages
A typical day at work would be made up of responding to emails and calls which had been received overnight. As GE is a global company there is always a GE office open some place in the world who you will be working with on a project.

As i worked on a large implementation project, I was involved in a lot of meetings working on and designing the perfect – more... test strategy to test across US/Can - this involved Sanity testing, User Acceptance testing and system testing as well as regression and load testing.

I belonged to the operational excellence team which was responsible for keeping everything "ticking" and ensuring that GE had available the best and most up-to-date technology to enable it to do business better. The job was challenging as it touched so many areas within IT which made it harder to give sole focus on my main project - at times it did mean I had to reject work so that I could fully concentrate on the deployment of our new system.

Whilst at GE I had the opportunity to work in the US and Sweden which was fantastic and gave me an insight into new cultures, ways of working and heightened my communication and international business skills. – less
GUN PLACE TOO WORK A GREAT GROUP OF PEOPLE
High-lift Operator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 7, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: business closed
REALLY ENJOYED WORKING FOR GENERAL ELECTRIC GREAT PAY AND PEOPLE WITH ABUNDANT OVERTIME
Good Company
Field Engineer (Former Employee), Madrid,spainApril 5, 2014
Pros: full expenses
Cons: alot of travel
Spearheaded multiple assignments in countries, ranging from Dubai, UAE, to Russia and the rest of Europe. Oversaw maintenance and new installations on steam turbines and generators for customers such as Iberdrola, Repsol, E.ON, EDP, and EDF. Provided leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites and assistance – more... to customers in operation, maintenance, repair, logistics support and installation of GE products. Performed on-site installation of systems and equipment, and ongoing preventive maintenance, repair and calibration after installation. Supplied on-site interpretation of data and technical instruction. – less
Intern
Federal Tax Intern (Current Employee), Albany, NYApril 3, 2014
This was a great internship. There was a lot of responsibility and the tasks assigned were relevant to the process of filing the federal corporate return.

About GE Corporate

At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across – Read more