GE Corporate

GE Corporate Employee Reviews in Canada

great place to work
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONFebruary 17, 2016
GE is a great place to learn and grow your skills. It is a demanding workplace for finance employees.

The people are great and there are opportunities to expand and improve your networking and communication skills
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Great experiences and lots to learn.
PRODUCT SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONSeptember 15, 2015
Normally very busy with multiple projects across several businesses in a global environment. Working with individuals from the shop floor to the Executive bands. Intense but rewarding. A high degree of travel globally introducing you to new cultures.
Pros
Technically challenging and a high degree of variance from day to day.
Cons
Can be overwhelming when you are away from home so much, Long hours balancing multiple projects which are always time sensitive.
Productive and free enviorment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONSeptember 30, 2015
Good environment to work But no benefit under the contract employees.

Good Management but strictly worked on policy.

Good co-workers
Pros
Contract job
great place to work
Documentation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 12, 2016
Great place to work made life long friends at GE, I've learned to be a team player and able to work remotely.

Learned allot about heavy equipment and on trucks and trailers at the division I worked for financed such
Excellent learning experience and exposure to practical world
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 31, 2015
My typical day at work started with big smile on my face to show that i am ready for today's challenges.
I had the pleasure of working with excellent team because everyone was willing to listen to each other and work like a team towards departmental objectives and company's objectives.Everyone was given full time to express their ideas irrespective of position.
My co-workers were very supportive and whenever I find difficulty they used to help me and in the same way I returned the favor whenever they needed me.
The hardest Part would be the last one week of the each month, Thanks to month end activities and reporting where we had to work extended hours to finish our reports.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that every month when our sales target was achieved, they used to brought cakes for every department. Moreover We used to celebrate each other Birthdays as well.
Working environment
Capital Solution Intern (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 4, 2016
I have learned various types of operational systems.
GE has very solid and strong internal business systems as it has
many business divisions to be taken care of.
All colleagues are generous and kind where young professionals
can learn many aspects with work experiences.
excellent place to work
Record to Report Leader (Current Employee) –  controller Health careJanuary 31, 2015
General electric is supporting its employees, achieve career goals, management is supportive, work load is a high but can be managed with simplification and staying lean all the time.

it is a company that values its employees and support there development.
Pros
employee development
Cons
work life balance
Excellent Workplace and safety guidelines
Electrical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Guelph, OntarioSeptember 23, 2015
• Working under a journeyman, many different obligations were mandatory on a daily basis, including: Measuring and correctly labeling pulls of wire going from the main panels to the devices (ex: FIT, AIT, PIT, Wireless valve switches, Solenoids).
• After pulling to all the devices, they were correctly labelled with wire markers and tied in to the correct terminal pins.
• Ran various types of flex tubing, rigid conduit, strut brackets, etc.
Pros
Good hours, amazing work environment
Great exp
Developer (Current Employee) –  New Jersey, NBOctober 26, 2015
Day to day was very enjoyable. Really liked the company as it provided lots of good opportunities for employees to grow, and get out of their comfort zone. Lots of good people. Lots of innovation.
Fulfilling position with great benefits
Site Leader - Portofolio Manager, GE (Former Employee) –  Montreal, QuebecJune 4, 2013
Very motivating environment with a great team.

A typical day would include a customer interview over a credit review or address of concern; training of staff on some new procedure; strategic operations meeting with colleagues and VP.

The most rewarding thing about being a manager is seeing the progress of an employee thanks to my coaching and perseverance, and seeing the team achieve the quarterly sales objective.
Receiving a customer compliment and thank you letter is always appreciated.

Having colleagues to convene with is a great support thing, especially in times of short staff or technical difficulties of system.
The most enjoyable part of this job was being multitasked: managing, servicing and training.

The hardest part of the job was the fact that it was abolished.
Pros
great benefits and self realization
Cons
some travelling for training
Fun and Productive work Environment
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONApril 7, 2014
- Day started with a morning meeting to assign tasks for the day
- I learned how to read blueprints, properly wire and build control panels, operate a crane and attach parts of the Wind Hubs
- Management was very helpful and friendly, they made daily rounds so if you ever had any questions they were available
- Most Co-workers were friendly and helpful, experienced workers were there to give advice or help if I was having trouble
- The hardest part of the job was training employees that had more experience then me (when lay offs were happening we had to train employees from different areas) when they didn't want to learn
- The most enjoyable part was challenging myself to see how many Wind Hubs I could finish in a day, also working with friendly, easy going people
Pros
overtime
Cons
commuting from oshawa to peterborough
Reception, Accounts payable, Quality documentation
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCAugust 25, 2015
This was a wonderful organization where I was challenged to learn new things.
Reception, Accounts Payable, Invoicing, Producing documentation, Conducting Quality Procedure Audits.
The hardest part of the job was having to leave when they closed the office.
Very professional environment
Technical sales support (Current Employee) –  MarkhamApril 27, 2015
Very good company to work for it. There is a lot of benefits and opportunities for employees. Very professional people. Good reputation worldwide.
Pros
Gym, Benefits, stocks, pension plan
Cons
Long conmmuting hours
Fast paced, looking at the future
Machine Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONSeptember 8, 2015
Constant move to the future, bringing in state of the art equipment to get high quality produced product to the customer in a timely fashion
Very hard for contract employees specially in GBS department - contractors are second class employee
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  MississaugaMarch 2, 2012
Micro Management, contractors are second class employees
Cons
long hours without overtime
Fun workplace. Employees got along well. Company organized many team activities to motivate employees.
Human Resources Coordinator/Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oakville, Ontario, CanadaJanuary 30, 2012
I enjoyed working at GE. I learned a lot from my job and had the opportunity to interact with employees on a daily basis. The team I worked with was awesome and very helpful. If we needed tools for the job, it was no problem to get them. It was a pleasure working with management.
Pros
bbqs, free lunches or dinners, christmas dance, lunch and learn
Cons
structural change was difficult
A great environment to work in
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONFebruary 19, 2015
G.E. was a great place to work, unfortunately my sonority was unable to hold my job. I met many great people there and wish them all the best.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
lack of work
Well Managed Company
Reliability Engineer (Former Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 2, 2014
One of the best Managed companies I have worked for Deadlines were fixed. Corporate goals where well understood by employees. Very customer focused organization. Had a matrix organisation which made it difficult at times to convince other groups of the need to do specific things. Often Times (Too Many) upper level management was involved in the day to day activities.
fun workplace with a lot of fun people
Accounts Receivable (A/R) Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 1, 2013
It was a very fun place to work at. It does have a lot of work during the month and quarter ends but it helps your day go by fast and do not realize when its home time already. People working there are really friendly and helpful. It gave me a good opportunity to learn in my related field.
Pros
free lunches during quarter ends and month ends
Cons
long hours due to the month and quarter ends
Very professional and Dynamic work environment
Accounting/Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 19, 2014
Very professional and Dynamic environment to work in
Time Management