GE Corporate

GE Corporate Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
L2 Systems Support Analyst
L2 Systems Support Analyst (Current Employee), Markham, ONJuly 25, 2013
Responsible for Level 2 Support role in installation, configuration, and maintenance of IT infrastructure for a large enterprise.
Supported highly utilized workstations and servers to maximize reliability and recoverability. Analyzed and resolved problems
associated with server hardware and applications software.
 Perform proactive incident management including L1 and L2 services for 5000+ employees and 3000+
computers, IP phones and peripherals
 Perform active system monitoring and event management. Elements monitored include physical hardware
status, system and application processes, services, backups, scheduling and data transfers
 Co-ordinate remediation efforts with onsite, physical presence or site services as needed
 Co-ordinate hardware and/or firmware repair with vendors
 Provide support for root cause analysis and problem review for high impact and/or recurring problems
 Execute all changes requested, routine maintenance, or emergency break fix in accordance with policies
 Execute site-specific tasks itemized on the daily operational task list
 Configure user access to desired resources via configuration of users within the supported environment
 Responsible for Windows account management tasks including creation, disable as well as support for any
Windows account management software
Excellent learning experience and exposure to practical world
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 31, 2015
My typical day at work started with big smile on my face to show that i am ready for today's challenges.
I had the pleasure of working with excellent team because everyone was willing to listen to each other and work like a team towards departmental objectives and company's objectives.Everyone was given full time to express their ideas irrespective of position.
My co-workers were very supportive and whenever I find difficulty they used to help me and in the same way I returned the favor whenever they needed me.
The hardest Part would be the last one week of the each month, Thanks to month end activities and reporting where we had to work extended hours to finish our reports.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that every month when our sales target was achieved, they used to brought cakes for every department. Moreover We used to celebrate each other Birthdays as well.
Fun and Productive work Environment
Assembly Worker (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONApril 7, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: commuting from oshawa to peterborough
- Day started with a morning meeting to assign tasks for the day
- I learned how to read blueprints, properly wire and build control panels, operate a crane and attach parts of the Wind Hubs
- Management was very helpful and friendly, they made daily rounds so if you ever had any questions they were available
- Most Co-workers were friendly and helpful, experienced workers were there to give advice or help if I was having trouble
- The hardest part of the job was training employees that had more experience then me (when lay offs were happening we had to train employees from different areas) when they didn't want to learn
- The most enjoyable part was challenging myself to see how many Wind Hubs I could finish in a day, also working with friendly, easy going people
Fulfilling position with great benefits
Site Leader - Portofolio Manager, GE (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecJune 4, 2013
Pros: great benefits and self realization
Cons: some travelling for training
Very motivating environment with a great team.

A typical day would include a customer interview over a credit review or address of concern; training of staff on some new procedure; strategic operations meeting with colleagues and VP.

The most rewarding thing about being a manager is seeing the progress of an employee thanks to my coaching and perseverance, and seeing the team achieve the quarterly sales objective.
Receiving a customer compliment and thank you letter is always appreciated.

Having colleagues to convene with is a great support thing, especially in times of short staff or technical difficulties of system.
The most enjoyable part of this job was being multitasked: managing, servicing and training.

The hardest part of the job was the fact that it was abolished.
Excellent Workplace and safety guidelines
Electrical Assembler (Former Employee), Guelph, OntarioSeptember 23, 2015
Pros: Good hours, amazing work environment
• Working under a journeyman, many different obligations were mandatory on a daily basis, including: Measuring and correctly labeling pulls of wire going from the main panels to the devices (ex: FIT, AIT, PIT, Wireless valve switches, Solenoids).
• After pulling to all the devices, they were correctly labelled with wire markers and tied in to the correct terminal pins.
• Ran various types of flex tubing, rigid conduit, strut brackets, etc.
GE is a wonderful place to work, I loved that company very much
Fleet Administration Job (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: ge is a very fun place to work, they always care for their workers' need, occatiolally they offer free snack
Processed all day to day tasks on violation

Variety of administrative duties

Co workers were very fun and supportive

Hardest part was to find the violation back-up, if it was not saved in the system

Most enjoyable part was to make the violation tickets payment for the driver on behalf of client, and do the monthly violation reports for GE clients.
Fun workplace. Employees got along well. Company organized many team activities to motivate employees.
Human Resources Coordinator/Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Oakville, Ontario, CanadaJanuary 30, 2012
Pros: bbqs, free lunches or dinners, christmas dance, lunch and learn
Cons: structural change was difficult
I enjoyed working at GE. I learned a lot from my job and had the opportunity to interact with employees on a daily basis. The team I worked with was awesome and very helpful. If we needed tools for the job, it was no problem to get them. It was a pleasure working with management.
great place to work
Crane Operator (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: great team atmosphere
Cons: not enough work hours for me
GE has been very good to me. A typical day at work would be organizing our crane lifts with the other trades people, performing lifts throughout day and also dipping and curing of very large electric motors. I've learnes to read engineering drawings, perform two crane lifts, the use of all sorts of power tools, maintaing VPI equipment (checking fluid levels, temperature levels). Co-workers are great.
Excellent company and culture to be a part of
Customer Solutions Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 8, 2012
Pros: fantasic learning curve and opportunity to grow
Cons: as a the only bilingual individual in this role difficult to get support
My role at a GE Healthcare was to increase sales in Eastern Canada for service sales contracts. I was reponsible for delivery of service contracts from RFP to completion. My role entailed selling, upselling, analysis of customer accounts, managing training courses for biomedical technologists, and maintaining scope of projects for all hospital sites within my territory.
Great experiences and lots to learn.
PRODUCT SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONSeptember 15, 2015
Pros: Technically challenging and a high degree of variance from day to day.
Cons: Can be overwhelming when you are away from home so much, Long hours balancing multiple projects which are always time sensitive.
Normally very busy with multiple projects across several businesses in a global environment. Working with individuals from the shop floor to the Executive bands. Intense but rewarding. A high degree of travel globally introducing you to new cultures.
fun workplace with a lot of fun people
Accounts Receivable (A/R) Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 1, 2013
Pros: free lunches during quarter ends and month ends
Cons: long hours due to the month and quarter ends
It was a very fun place to work at. It does have a lot of work during the month and quarter ends but it helps your day go by fast and do not realize when its home time already. People working there are really friendly and helpful. It gave me a good opportunity to learn in my related field.
Well Managed Company
Reliability Engineer (Former Employee), Erie, PASeptember 2, 2014
One of the best Managed companies I have worked for Deadlines were fixed. Corporate goals where well understood by employees. Very customer focused organization. Had a matrix organisation which made it difficult at times to convince other groups of the need to do specific things. Often Times (Too Many) upper level management was involved in the day to day activities.
Really enjoyed my time here
Digital Energy Co-op NPI Engineer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 9, 2014
- Working on the manufacturing floor alongside assemblers and engineers
-great work environment, cheerful and fun place to be!
-most enjoyable part of the job would be my team
-supervisor has been the greatest role model i have had so far
Working environment
Capital Solution Intern (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 4, 2016
I have learned various types of operational systems.
GE has very solid and strong internal business systems as it has
many business divisions to be taken care of.
All colleagues are generous and kind where young professionals
can learn many aspects with work experiences.
excellent place to work
Record to Report Leader (Current Employee), controller Health careJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: employee development
Cons: work life balance
General electric is supporting its employees, achieve career goals, management is supportive, work load is a high but can be managed with simplification and staying lean all the time.

it is a company that values its employees and support there development.
GE was a great company
Quality/Continuous Improvement Specialist (Former Employee), peterboroughJune 12, 2014
Pros: learning
Cons: turn over of upper management was too high.
Worked hard with good people. Long cycle business and unfortunately market dependent as with all products and we hit a down turn in the market.
Reception, Accounts payable, Quality documentation
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Langley, BCAugust 25, 2015
This was a wonderful organization where I was challenged to learn new things.
Reception, Accounts Payable, Invoicing, Producing documentation, Conducting Quality Procedure Audits.
The hardest part of the job was having to leave when they closed the office.
Very professional environment
Technical sales support (Current Employee), MarkhamApril 27, 2015
Pros: Gym, Benefits, stocks, pension plan
Cons: Long conmmuting hours
Very good company to work for it. There is a lot of benefits and opportunities for employees. Very professional people. Good reputation worldwide.
GE operates under processes and systems.
Senior Manager of Finance (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 3, 2014
A good company to work for with a lot of challenges and you will never be bored. Need to live in a matrix world and take initiatives.
Difficult Shift Work
Technical Director (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 11, 2013
This job required 12 hours rotating shifts from 6PM to 6AM for two months and 6AM to 6PM for another two months. It is difficult for those who do not like working long night shifts.
Headquarters