GE Corporate

GE Corporate Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Really enjoyed my time here
Digital Energy Co-op NPI Engineer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 9, 2014
- Working on the manufacturing floor alongside assemblers and engineers
-great work environment, cheerful and fun place to be!
-most enjoyable part of the job would be my team
-supervisor has been the greatest role model i have had so far
Very professional and Dynamic work environment
Accounting/Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 19, 2014
Pros: *
Cons: *
Very professional and Dynamic environment to work in
Time Management
Speed
Accuracy in reporting
Several accounting SW
GE was a great company
Quality/Continuous Improvement Specialist (Former Employee), peterboroughJune 12, 2014
Pros: learning
Cons: turn over of upper management was too high.
Worked hard with good people. Long cycle business and unfortunately market dependent as with all products and we hit a down turn in the market.
Fun and Productive work Environment
Assembly Worker (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONApril 7, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: commuting from oshawa to peterborough
- Day started with a morning meeting to assign tasks for the day
- I learned how to read blueprints, properly wire and build control panels, operate a crane and attach parts of the Wind Hubs
- Management was very helpful and friendly, they made daily rounds so if you ever had any questions they were available
- Most Co-workers were friendly and helpful, – more... experienced workers were there to give advice or help if I was having trouble
- The hardest part of the job was training employees that had more experience then me (when lay offs were happening we had to train employees from different areas) when they didn't want to learn
- The most enjoyable part was challenging myself to see how many Wind Hubs I could finish in a day, also working with friendly, easy going people – less
fun
Laborer / Assembler (Former Employee), Peterborough ONFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: fast paced, you will get laid off
good place to work

Fast paced

good people to work with

Good money

you will get laid off
great place to work
Crane Operator (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: great team atmosphere
Cons: not enough work hours for me
GE has been very good to me. A typical day at work would be organizing our crane lifts with the other trades people, performing lifts throughout day and also dipping and curing of very large electric motors. I've learnes to read engineering drawings, perform two crane lifts, the use of all sorts of power tools, maintaing VPI equipment (checking fluid – more... levels, temperature levels). Co-workers are great. – less
Nice place to work
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), PeterboroughDecember 15, 2013
Learn something new every day.
Deal with diffrent challenges and develop new skills.
Difficult Shift Work
Technical Director (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 11, 2013
This job required 12 hours rotating shifts from 6PM to 6AM for two months and 6AM to 6PM for another two months. It is difficult for those who do not like working long night shifts.
Motion Design Consultant
Motion Design Consultant (Former Employee), Markham, ONNovember 2, 2013
Great Place and great people. A real pleasure to be part of it!
Supportive work environment...GE makes you feel valued.
Technical Specialist (Current Employee), CalgaryOctober 8, 2013
Great place to work. Very supportive of continued learning and training.
Great work environment
Manufacturing Labourer (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONOctober 6, 2013
Pros: good attitude
Cons: high lay off turn over
Was a great place to work, very motivated to supply employee's with proper training. Met great people to work with and was a very comfortable atmosphere.
Good company to work for
Production Manager - Armature (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONOctober 3, 2013
Typical corporate business approach
OK benefit package
Open door policy
great training program
Gymnasium
Logistic Coordinator (Current Employee), Markham, ONAugust 23, 2013
Excellent facility with excellent people. Flexible timings , supportive staff, Well maintained temperature controlled during summer time and in Winter.
L2 Systems Support Analyst
L2 Systems Support Analyst (Current Employee), Markham, ONJuly 25, 2013
Responsible for Level 2 Support role in installation, configuration, and maintenance of IT infrastructure for a large enterprise.
Supported highly utilized workstations and servers to maximize reliability and recoverability. Analyzed and resolved problems
associated with server hardware and applications software.
 Perform proactive incident management – more... including L1 and L2 services for 5000+ employees and 3000+
computers, IP phones and peripherals
 Perform active system monitoring and event management. Elements monitored include physical hardware
status, system and application processes, services, backups, scheduling and data transfers
 Co-ordinate remediation efforts with onsite, physical presence or site services as needed
 Co-ordinate hardware and/or firmware repair with vendors
 Provide support for root cause analysis and problem review for high impact and/or recurring problems
 Execute all changes requested, routine maintenance, or emergency break fix in accordance with policies
 Execute site-specific tasks itemized on the daily operational task list
 Configure user access to desired resources via configuration of users within the supported environment
 Responsible for Windows account management tasks including creation, disable as well as support for any
Windows account management software – less
Fulfilling position with great benefits
Site Leader - Portofolio Manager, GE (Former Employee), Montreal, QuebecJune 4, 2013
Pros: great benefits and self realization
Cons: some travelling for training
Very motivating environment with a great team.

A typical day would include a customer interview over a credit review or address of concern; training of staff on some new procedure; strategic operations meeting with colleagues and VP.

The most rewarding thing about being a manager is seeing the progress of an employee thanks to my coaching and perseverance, – more... and seeing the team achieve the quarterly sales objective.
Receiving a customer compliment and thank you letter is always appreciated.

Having colleagues to convene with is a great support thing, especially in times of short staff or technical difficulties of system.
The most enjoyable part of this job was being multitasked: managing, servicing and training.

The hardest part of the job was the fact that it was abolished. – less
fun workplace with a lot of fun people
Accounts Receivable (A/R) Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 1, 2013
Pros: free lunches during quarter ends and month ends
Cons: long hours due to the month and quarter ends
It was a very fun place to work at. It does have a lot of work during the month and quarter ends but it helps your day go by fast and do not realize when its home time already. People working there are really friendly and helpful. It gave me a good opportunity to learn in my related field.
Excellent Company
Manager, Shop Operations (Former Employee), LangleyApril 23, 2013
Very good company to work for. Interesting projects, smart people.
Excellent company and culture to be a part of
Customer Solutions Specialist (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 8, 2012
Pros: fantasic learning curve and opportunity to grow
Cons: as a the only bilingual individual in this role difficult to get support
My role at a GE Healthcare was to increase sales in Eastern Canada for service sales contracts. I was reponsible for delivery of service contracts from RFP to completion. My role entailed selling, upselling, analysis of customer accounts, managing training courses for biomedical technologists, and maintaining scope of projects for all hospital sites – more... within my territory. – less
Great place to learn, investment program
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 16, 2012
This was a great company to work for. They were open to change and always wanting to grow and expand
GE is a wonderful place to work, I loved that company very much
Fleet Administration Job (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 14, 2012
Pros: ge is a very fun place to work, they always care for their workers' need, occatiolally they offer free snack
Processed all day to day tasks on violation

Variety of administrative duties

Co workers were very fun and supportive

Hardest part was to find the violation back-up, if it was not saved in the system

Most enjoyable part was to make the violation tickets payment for the driver on behalf of client, and do the monthly violation reports for GE clients.

1 2 3 4 5

About GE Corporate

At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across – Read more