GE Corporate Employee Reviews

Productive and freedom to carry out the job at your best
Field Service Engineer -DP Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 September 2017
GE is a great company to work with. The culture is excellent . I obtained Green Belt Cert at GE and has been the bed rock of my carrier lifestyle.
The hardest part is that there a lot job to be done at GE and expectation is high.
Great Environment
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Oakbank, MB13 September 2017
Great place to work. The people give you an at home feel, which makes it comfortable and fun at the same time.

Management is very hands on, and doesn't make you feel unimportant.
Environnement de travail stressant mais actif
Approvisionnement Logistique Sourcing (Current Employee) –  Laprairie21 August 2017
Recommandé si vous aimez les imprévus. Évite les ponts. Bonne ambiance de travail avec les collègues.
Pros
Café gratuit
Cons
Pas de pause
Flexble and supportive work environment
Account Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 August 2017
My team was very supportive and allowed for individual autonomy and growth. Management was involved in your professional development and practiced open-door policy. While GE acts like a mature and stable company in a micro-level, it always seeks to stay up to date with current digital industry trends and it can be felt through a slow trickle down effect at the departmental level, via side projects that are assigned arbitrarily by top management.
Pros
Ping pong table, affordable cafeteria, summer grill in the patio, soccer games against companies in the campus.
Cons
depending on the quarter, you may experience stressful peeks
Lots of learning
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  NFLD8 August 2017
I learnt alot in this company. The project was challanging and was tight schedule. The project was big and was in an extrem weather. They were payig high salary and there were an exprienced group of people.
Pros
High salary
Cons
no job security
Excellent place to work
Administrator/Co-ordinator-Contractor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON9 July 2017
Loved everything regarding this job. My manager was fantastic and plenty of training to succeed. Learned how to work in a corporate setting and they always were willing to help train and open door policy
Pros
Excellent staff and wages
Cons
Contract
Company is going through a lot of change
GGO Canada (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Ontario13 June 2017
GE is not the same company that it was in the Jack Welsh era. I leave it to you to determine whether this is good or bad. There is a significant amount of change ongoing at GE and this is leading to some difficult cultural issues between the legacy mindset and those promoting change and new directions. There is no question that GE has exceptional technology, however recent emphasis towards digital along with a challenging marketplace has resulted in significant cost cuts in areas such as research and development. The long term impact of this on GE's competitiveness is yet to be felt. I cannot say whether I would recommend this company or not, as it is so diverse and has so many different types of opportunities that the ultimate determination will be based on the position and organisational vertical you are in. All I can say is that I spent several wasted years within the GGO organisation, which I suspect (hope) will be disbanded under the new leadership.
Pros
Flexible work environment. Competitive compensation.
Cons
Lack of direction and poor culture.
great co-workers however uncertain future
main test (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON5 June 2017
great place to work with excellent wages and benefits, however layoffs are a common occurrence so therefore job security is quite bad. the job is difficult but interesting and challenging. great group of co-workers.
Pros
great wage
Cons
constant layoffs
Mega corporation
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC16 May 2017
Working for such a large corporation certainly has its benefits but also some considerable red tape and processes that absolutely must be followed with little regard to the actual business thus having a negative impact not only on employee morale but also on getting the job done!
Pros
Great benefits and compensation
Cons
Red tape, business practices "absolutes"
Great facility with fantastic amenities
Technical Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 May 2017
Excellent facility to work in. The facility includes a full-service gymnasium, a cafeteria that offered many food options, and plenty of free parking. Although I was able to get an extension to my contract, full-time permanent employment is difficult to come by.
Very disappointed
Office/Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON7 May 2017
Terrible Management, Harassment does not mean anything and the bottom line I worked my butt off everyday for 11 yrs to turn around and be laid off. What bothers me to the most is that I can look around at any given time and see the same people do nothing and all that happens the your boss come over to you and give you sh#t for doing more. What I would love to see management be accounted for.
Success Oriented
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 April 2017
Worked with wonderful people for many years until I lost my job to restructuring. Very innovative and creative people. Always looking to improve and be the best.
Its a great company to work with
Financial Analyst Global Operations (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2017
This is a great company to work with. Learned tons of things during this period. Intense & non-stop learning with several ERP implementations wherein my involvement was significant. Oracle CCL implementation, Oracle Cloud Implementation, GPAS implementation just to name a few ...
Strong culture
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2017
Worked with many experienced professionals in my early career days and was given invaluable advice and lessons.
Strong culture, happy and committed employees.
Productive, creative and multicultural
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chengdu, CN6 March 2017
It was a remarkable experience in my life. It made me know the greatest company with many excellent features which you can not image! Fantastic management, flexible work time and creative culture.
Productive fun innovative workplace.
Senior Back End Develope (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 March 2017
Very rewarding day, working with smart people on interesting challenging projects. Working with innovative big data projects with new technology. Able to learn, apply new skills, and use my own ideas. Nice culture with reasonable expectations.
Pros
Undstanding flexiable management.
Cons
Politics may effect budget cuts.
Many different areas to gain various expertise.
Sales Administration (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 March 2017
Good Company. My time there was short but my days were filled with new experiences. I was exposed to the area of equipment financing where I processed equipment waivers.
Pros
On site gym, Cafeteria
Great Place to work
Electronics Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON20 January 2017
Had learned a lot as individual and as team.Great leaders and colleagues .Worked for whole lot of different products...lot of opportunities to learn as much.
Pretty good money but a dead end job.
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB3 January 2017
Lack of communication to staff, Need to know basis and you don't need to know attitude.
The job is fairly easy compared to most oilfield work.
If you are single and like money apply. If you want a career keep searching.
Pros
Good money for most employees, easy, you can not get fired.
Cons
Negitive atmosphere, favoritism, Your days off are a inconvenience to their non sense schedule.
Deskside Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 November 2016
-Friendly staff
-Good work/life balance
-Great Team

This was a temp contract only. Working at this location was a breeze, the staff was great and the location fantastic.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.