GE Capital

GE Capital Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Audit of Treasury Businessess
Lead Auditor (Current Employee), Stamford, CTApril 21, 2014
Pros: good working atmosphere, proximity to business, bonus, 401k option, vacation time etc.
Cons: growth prospects, medical, travelling etc.
Performing effective audits for Treasury Businesses and providing value addition by keeping abreast of the Federal requirements and guidelines to ensure compliance.
Managing Junior auditors and assisting them in Planning, Fieldwork and Reporting.
Interacting with the Business partners and discussing the issues to remediate them. Also, training and educating – more... the business partners and helping them to mitigate the risk.
Providing reports to the Senior Management on the progress of the audits.
Actively interacting with the data analytics team to leverage on data acquisition from the business to perform an insightful audit.
Assist the co-workers and strive hard to achieve team and indivdual targets.
Performing risk assessments for the treasury businesses and advising them of process improvements.
Every audit provides a new vision and dimension to the business. So planning is the most important and challenging one.
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with different individuals and providing advice and feedback to narrow the potential gap.
The hardest part of the job is selling the recommendations and ensure stakeholders understand the purpose and value of audit. – less
productive and fun worplace
Customer Care Executive (Former Employee), Gurgaon, HRApril 19, 2014
Pros: free trasport, lunc, outings, tours
In GE Capital i learned how to work with full confident and patience. how to handle very harsh and hard customers .In this company my co workers r very helpful.
The hardest part is to get big profile and the enjoyable part is to solve this profile.
Field Analyst (Current Employee), Hoffman EstatesApril 18, 2014
Pros: challenging environment
Cons: overly bureaucratic, dependence on legacy systems, developers who are unfamiliar with the business, redundancy, and inefficiency.
GE Capital provides a very fun and challenging environment. The culture is one where everyone is challenged to grow and advance their career. Opportunities for advancement exist for any individual who applies themself.
Good Company
Call (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 17, 2014
I love working for GE Capital. Very relaxing environment. Excellent training. Manageable task
Productive and Fun place to work.Lovely Work Culture, Energtic people around
Call Quality Specialist (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APApril 16, 2014
Pros: off course free outings, dinners, lunches and coupons wons during the events.
Cons: long hours, but not exceeding 12 hours, due to commitments and ad hoc situations, or business requirements
A typical day would start with all the postive energy and sharing our learnings with our team members.
Call Monitioring and feedback session, calibrations call.
Handling interpersonal relationship skills and sharing the bond among your team members.
Hardest part of the job was at times during the calibrations when we had to agree to disagree and disagree – more... to agree..
Fun at work place with celebrations every week to have the bonding among the peers and interactions which resulted in healthy discussion for the team. – less
Excellent work place
Job Profile - HR Consultant (Former Employee), Chennai, TNApril 11, 2014
GE Capital provides very good atmosphere to all its employees to work. Especially, the training services provided for employees are greatly appreciated.
Fast Paced Environment for Go-Getters
IT Project Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 10, 2014
Pros: 401k, healthcare, good pto policy, good tuituion reimbursement
Cons: big company bureaucracy at times, last minute firedrills, work/life
If you are a "Type A", adrenaline-junkie who thrives in a fast-paced environment, this place is for you. You can learn a tremendous amount there.

Challenges include: time management (there are a LOT of meetings) which can impede daily tasks and you can get lost in the ocean of emails if you let it.

Know what to focus on each day, and ignore the rest – more... (for that time) and you will be successful.

You WILL have to work evenings or weekends to catchup - expect that. – less
best palce to work
Process Developer (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APApril 2, 2014
Pros: parties
Cons: cab issues
A best company to work enjoyed every second of my work with them.
productive, challenging and learning platform
Chargeback Executive (Former Employee), gurgaon, indiaMarch 30, 2014
Pros: healthy working enviornment.
Cons: unpaid long stretches daily.
Though the work profile was same...but everyday use to end up with some new experience with new queries, new dificult to handle , challenging customers...even their arrogance, frustrations, rudeness, impatience use to teach me on daily basis that customer is the king...you can win them only through your efficient service.
I learned to be patient, empathetic – more... towards others problems, I learned time management.
My co workers were excellent, though you can not have same positive chemistry with all, but I believe that is good, because tough people and tough time both comes to teach you what you don't have in you.
The hardest part of the job was to take out extra time to learn things related to work.
The most enjoyable part of job was to solve and analyse crdit card charge back cases. – less
good
Management Trainee and a Process Developer (Former Employee), HyderabadMarch 30, 2014
Rotational shifts, great management, diverse culture, lots of exposure, good trainings, team outings.
productive
Process Associate (JC PENNY Collections) (Former Employee), hyderabad andhra pradeshMarch 28, 2014
it was a good experience and a very friendly & professional environment ,where hard work was well appreciated with good rewards
N/A
Customer Service, Collections (Former Employee), CincinnatiMarch 22, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
I really enjoyed working with GE Money.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), HyderabadMarch 18, 2014
Pros: no they din't provide lunch.
Cons: i din't work any extra hour in the ge money
There is no typical at work at GE and i learned more about customer service in the GE, management was very good.My co-workers helped me a lot in each and every work,they are very helpful.My hardest part of the job was when irate customers come to branch, it's the very difficult part of the job to maintain the irate customers,but at the end they are – more... our customers, we have to satisfy them with good service, so that they can be very happy, at the end of the day whatever be the task,we have to give satisfaction to the customer.When i was working in GE everyday i enjoyed the work.GE is good company, i love it. – less
Good leadership training
Corporate Finance, Vice President Originations (Current Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 17, 2014
Great place to learn how to be a leader within the financial services industry
Fun place to work with
Customer Care Executive (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APMarch 17, 2014
Pros: sodexo passes, fun activities.
Cons: nothing
Co-workers were very helpful and friendly. Always a fun place to work with and lot of growth opportunities.
Jack Welch was a Great Leader
Sourcing Director (Former Employee), Danbury, CTMarch 14, 2014
Pros: travel meeting new people and data migration process
Cons: seeing those in the old business let go after the transfer was complete
GE Days were always exciting. Daily growth and change. Handled 5-7 acquisitions yearly. It was sad at times knowing those businesses we acquired would be merged into out portfolio and those existing employees were let go.

But the excitement of data migration and seeing so many different processes or applications being used. I always enjoy merging that – more... data into GE Portfolio.. Meeting so many people and always staying in touch. Make them always comfortable though the entire process. – less
I left because of working environment.
Credit Underwriter (Former Employee), Gurgaon, HaryanaMarch 13, 2014
Pros: ge experience
Cons: working for 9 days regularly
GE Capital is a very good company but it's joint venture with SBI i.e. SBI Cards is not a good place to work especially if you want growth, security, work/life balance and mental peace.
A good place to work
Assisstant to Network Manager (Former Employee), ChalfontMarch 13, 2014
I joined as the company was growing into Internet usage and security. I joined at a good time and felt well looked afer
Productively in a sound environment.
CONTRACT MORTGAGE LOAN UNDERWRITER (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 12, 2014
Contract for conventional loans with MI and government loan underwriter.
Productive, fun workplace
Collections Advisor (Former Employee), Leeds, ENGMarch 11, 2014
Large call centre environment working on the phones making outbound calls to customers in arrears.

Worked in large team, working to deadlines. Hardest part is when customers get angry on the phone but just be calm is the best solution. It is enjoyable and assuring when you know the customer thanks you for helping them. Makes you know your ding your – more... job well. – less

About GE Capital

At GE Capital we’re not just bankers, we’re builders. Headquartered in Norwalk Connecticut, GE Capital is one of the – Read more