GE Capital Employee Reviews

Provided service to clients regarding their credit card statement
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 20, 2016
* A typical day at work- very busy call center depending on the caller. May sometimes received simple calls and other times, somewhat difficult callers.

* What I learned- how to read statements and to how explain their bills to the difficult callers.

*Management- Very Supportive

* Co-Workers- We were all like brothers and sisters. We all helped each other.

*The hardest part of the job- handling with difficult customers who had a hard time understanding their bills. I would be so patient that I would do the best I can to make them understand their invoice. if the call was too long, I would had to escalate the call to either the supervisor or my team lead.

*The most enjoyable part of the job- helping the clients understand their invoice. it would make me feel like I've accomplished my job.
Pros
the day would go by fast
Cons
The credit division had shut down
I loved working for GE Money
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 17, 2016
WE were well trained in all aspects of our positions and others as well. I loved that we had events to take part in and always had fun.
We also knew that working hard was and opportunity to improve our company rates. Some worked on US accounts while others worked on Canada accounts. We all understood that friendly projections and compititions were always good. We understood that to work hard allowed us to play harder.
Pros
i loved our pot luck lunches
Cons
I have none
Very efficient company
Real Estate Lending Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 2, 2016
GE is a super efficient company, employees always work overtime to meet the tight deadline. Training program is good. People are expert and knowledgable.
overall good
Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 21, 2016
Good management, i am lucky to be part of ge team, i hope they continue in the same way Thank you
Productive environment and Open Culture to work in!!
Lead Analyst Controllership (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 16, 2015
Very Good Company, Open culture, autonomy in work, integrity and customer centricity are its key values. Deliver in uncertain world are key to success and what company believes in.
Great harmonious place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCMay 21, 2015
Great, positive, hard working co-workers.

Individuality was sanctioned and higher management worked on ones strength and helped develop ones weakness, all in a positive harmonious atmosphere. The philosophy, came from the founders.
Basically you can work hard, learn hard and play hard together.
Pros
Summer bonding activities days, Sugar Cabin lunches, great Christmas parties
Cons
None that I can think of
Productive, well run, great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montreal QcApril 17, 2015
Worked with a great bunch of employees,no matter what their title was, and it was a well-run, efficient office. There was a special synergy and collaboration/cooperation between employees. Everyone worked towards one goal, being the best they could be in their fields.
Pros
Great bunch of people- well run - great benefits
Cons
It ended.
Working on different products Toshiba, IBM, Acer, Hp
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 22, 2015
Typical day working on all sorts of different makes and models of units. Management and co-workers great and easy to get along with and that the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
great bonuses, salary, benefits
Good learning environment
Onsite Desktop Support Technician at Nortel (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 18, 2015
Great team building events

Good management of individual teams
Lots of good learning opportunities

GE did a lot of customer site support positions, so you were representing GE all the time
Overall Wonderful company
Administrative role (Current Employee) –  EdmontonNovember 25, 2014
I enjoy working for this company.
They have a great office moural, and awesome staff.
The work load is challenging but allows room for growth and learning.
Very good work environment, cooperative coworkers, fun events for employees
Construction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 25, 2014
Great workplace, friendly atmosphere, scope of learning and enhancing skills
Senior Resolution Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ENGApril 16, 2014
A topical work day involved cleaning out the queue. Very repetitive work and I would challenge myself to see how many I could complete daily.
Pros
repetitive
Cons
repetitive
A great place to learn in depth about the Fleet Industry
Fuel Card Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  MississaugaFebruary 3, 2014
I was extremely fortunate in that I was able to work with every department within the company. It was a great opportunity to learn the industry inside and out, I was able to assist my co-workers whenever needed. In doing so I gained a valued reputation as a reliable, approachable and knowledgeable co-worker who got the job done with desirable results.
Pros
a great group of individuals to work with. many opportunities to learn and grow
Cons
ge was actively looking to sell the fleet department, it created an environment of worry and concern for many, this is the reason that i rated job security/advancement so low, i was very disappointed when the company began lay offs as i truly enjoyed the work, the people and the industry
Medium size company , knowing almost all employees by name. Good and supportivemanagement
Senior Network Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa CanadaJanuary 6, 2014
Review the to do list. Focus on tasks on hand. Review national branches activities, technical & management requirement.
Network management in a Cisco environment. I had an excellent relationship with management up to the CEO level. I enjoyed the interaction my co-workers & the friendly environment that was conducive to high productivity. The Conflict resolution between company & customer. I was named The Firefighter for resolving difference of opinions between the company & clients.
I enjoyed the support of management & the interaction with colleagues & customers.
Pros
good management co-workers support. good benefits & training.
Cons
differences of opinions between sales & project managers
Working Business School
Commercial Finance - VP Sales (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONOctober 16, 2013
Training that was second to none
Leadership abounds in this company

It is exactly what you have heard it is
High pressure
Relentless
Fantastic
Productive and fun work place.
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 18, 2013
I worked there for almost five years during my high school and university years. I was provided with the maximum amount of support by the management to continue my studies on a fulltime basis as well as full time work. I had developed my interpersonal skills though this job as I was required to deal with clients on a regular basis.
Productive and Fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 15, 2013
GE is a fun place to work, at the same time you are learning new skills and been proactive. The mamangement style is relax once you get your work finished. My day is busy fro start to end which I like. my coworkers are the best people I have ever worked with
Exciting and rewarding place to work
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 6, 2013
Everyday was different filled with new experiences
Learned how to deal with different clients, how to sell services and products
Management was not the best managed
Co-workers were all team players
traveling long distances at times 300km
dealing with people
Pros
loved my job
Cons
did not always agree with management
excellent
Senior Asset Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 3, 2013
excellent and fun workplace. What really and truly matters, materialistically or spiritually, true joy, inner peace and genuine contentment.
Great company to work for - Awesome training
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  TorontoApril 23, 2013
Management is great - and great training. The culture of building leadership is the best in the industry. Business process is solid and innovative.
Pros
prestige, benefits, leardership, stocks
Cons
big corporate