GE Capital

GE Capital Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Senior Resolution Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ENGApril 16, 2014
Pros: repetitive
Cons: repetitive
A topical work day involved cleaning out the queue. Very repetitive work and I would challenge myself to see how many I could complete daily.
Medium size company , knowing almost all employees by name. Good and supportivemanagement
Senior Network Support Engineer (Former Employee), Ottawa CanadaJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: good management co-workers support. good benefits & training.
Cons: differences of opinions between sales & project managers
Review the to do list. Focus on tasks on hand. Review national branches activities, technical & management requirement.
Network management in a Cisco environment. I had an excellent relationship with management up to the CEO level. I enjoyed the interaction my co-workers & the friendly environment that was conducive to high productivity. The Conflict – more... resolution between company & customer. I was named The Firefighter for resolving difference of opinions between the company & clients.
I enjoyed the support of management & the interaction with colleagues & customers. – less
Productive and fun work place.
Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 18, 2013
I worked there for almost five years during my high school and university years. I was provided with the maximum amount of support by the management to continue my studies on a fulltime basis as well as full time work. I had developed my interpersonal skills though this job as I was required to deal with clients on a regular basis.
Easy to manage job
New Accounts Representative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCJuly 23, 2013
A typical day at the call center of GE Money/HBC was sometimes hectic but more often than not, had a balanced workload with clear objectives, proper management and knowledgeable co-workers.
Great company to work for - Awesome training
National Account Manager (Former Employee), TorontoApril 23, 2013
Pros: prestige, benefits, leardership, stocks
Cons: big corporate
Management is great - and great training. The culture of building leadership is the best in the industry. Business process is solid and innovative.
Productive, full, busy, enjoyable, experienced.
A/R Administrative Support (Former Employee), Mississauga OntarioMarch 13, 2013
Pros: team participation and support
Good company to work for, team atmosphere, participation and dedication of employees.

Full day, work with various departments.

Computer system and procedure experience.

Management, fair.

No hard part to the job.

Most enjoyable, the people.
Team work
Senior Credit/Collections (Former Employee), Mississauga OntarioJanuary 29, 2013
Handle all aspects of collections, Great place to work, this was a contract position
Contract position
Senior Credit/Collections (Former Employee), Mississauga OntarioJanuary 23, 2013
collected on all past due as assigned, and work closely within the different departments
Said they offered competitive compensation plan
new employee (Former Employee), SaskatchewanDecember 5, 2012
Railcar paint wage is ridiculously low 11 to 14 for midnight shift in Saskatchewan
Maybe the pay is good elsewhere in the company but not here so why put that in your ad? Just put 11 to 14 so people with experience do not waste their time.
Lead Technician (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 18, 2012
a typical day at work would include assining daily duties for other workers ordering parts cutting purchace orders, and repairing trailers.
great place- work hard, rewarded
Director of Sales (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 12, 2012
Pros: eager employees, customer satisfaction retention.
Cons: ended up a tad too mgmt fat
It business was on a major up swing and GE was front and center. Growth was the word for us for a few yrs.
Good environment , good benefits
Portfolio Administration Vendor Finance (Former Employee), Burlington OntMarch 20, 2012
Ge was a good co to work for they were fair and equtable, the working environment was clean and comfortable, very supportive staff
Large company - Good brand
SVP (Former Employee), ConnecticutDecember 18, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: culture has changed
GE is going through a lot of changes and makes future difficult to predict and impacts moral as well.
My Time at GE
Tax ANALYST (Former Employee), Chicago, IlDecember 17, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, and location
Cons: some managers lack leadership and people skills.
Great place to work, I enjoyed the team I was working on. Some people on the management team lack leadership and people skill.
Java/J2EE Application developer
Lead/ Principle Consultant (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZDecember 15, 2014
Having 9.5 years of exp in Java/J2EE, Spring 3.x, hibernate 3.x, REST Full WS , SOA WS, Jquery, Json, Ajax, EJB 3.0,Strtus 1.x, Oracle 11g, Maven, Ant, Jboss, Tomact, HTML, CSS, Javascript, Design patterns, Web sphere, JAXB, SAX, DOM, JSP, Serverlt, Agile, waterfall
Cave of stereotype
Bank assistant (Former Employee), Ostrava, MODecember 14, 2014
Work in GE was very short for some global review. I learned how to deal with bank customers also met few nice people there, but most of time i was very sick of my job. Was too stereotype so i had to leave very soon. But people rocks there. Had very good times.
Productive fun place with lots of process learning
Sr Project Manager (PMO) Contractor (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTDecember 9, 2014
Productive fun place with lots of process learning.

Very Process oriented.

Good company to work with.

Lots of other opportunity.

Good Employee care.
The best place I have ever worked
PRODUCT TRAINER AND PROCESS DEVELOPER (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APDecember 8, 2014
 Replenishment needs and all other service queries, in line with agreed service levels, in the absence of the operations manager.

 Monitor the team performance and remove any blockages that they face to groom them to be subject matter expert.

 Give Call Center Agents and customer Service Agents refreshment training on daily, monthly and quarterly – more... basis.

 Prepared internal process maps to ensure work efficiency of the team.

 Effective in creating excellent rapport with customer and achieved the set goals and exceeded them at most times. – less
Nice company with a great work life balance
Paralegal (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTDecember 2, 2014
Pros: great boss and team
I learned how to use their system called GEMS (Global Entity Management System), which houses all of GE's legal entities.
The people that I worked with were genuine, friendly and helpful. They made time to answer any questions that I had even when things became busy. A typical day varied depending on whatever project needed to be done at the time. The – more... most enjoyable part of the job was working with a variety of different people across different business units, domestically and internationally. The downside was that I wanted to stay longer, but due to company policy, my contract could not be extended past 1 year. – less
good timing
CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Quay streetDecember 1, 2014
Pros: weekend parties
Cons: diffrent shifts
to interact with more customers over the telephone and learned about the different culture

1 2 3 4 5

About GE Capital

At GE Capital we’re not just bankers, we’re builders. Headquartered in Norwalk Connecticut, GE Capital is one of the – Read more