GE Capital Employee Reviews

Provided service to clients regarding their credit card statement
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 September 2016
* A typical day at work- very busy call center depending on the caller. May sometimes received simple calls and other times, somewhat difficult callers.

* What I learned- how to read statements and to how explain their bills to the difficult callers.

*Management- Very Supportive

* Co-Workers- We were all like brothers and sisters. We all helped each other.

*The hardest part of the job- handling with difficult customers who had a hard time understanding their bills. I would be so patient that I would do the best I can to make them understand their invoice. if the call was too long, I would had to escalate the call to either the supervisor or my team lead.

*The most enjoyable part of the job- helping the clients understand their invoice. it would make me feel like I've accomplished my job.
Pros
the day would go by fast
Cons
The credit division had shut down
I loved working for GE Money
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 September 2016
WE were well trained in all aspects of our positions and others as well. I loved that we had events to take part in and always had fun.
We also knew that working hard was and opportunity to improve our company rates. Some worked on US accounts while others worked on Canada accounts. We all understood that friendly projections and compititions were always good. We understood that to work hard allowed us to play harder.
Pros
i loved our pot luck lunches
Cons
I have none
overall good
Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2016
Good management, i am lucky to be part of ge team, i hope they continue in the same way Thank you
Very efficient company
Real Estate Lending Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2016
GE is a super efficient company, employees always work overtime to meet the tight deadline. Training program is good. People are expert and knowledgable.
Medium size company , knowing almost all employees by name. Good and supportivemanagement
Senior Network Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa Canada6 January 2014
Review the to do list. Focus on tasks on hand. Review national branches activities, technical & management requirement.
Network management in a Cisco environment. I had an excellent relationship with management up to the CEO level. I enjoyed the interaction my co-workers & the friendly environment that was conducive to high productivity. The Conflict resolution between company & customer. I was named The Firefighter for resolving difference of opinions between the company & clients.
I enjoyed the support of management & the interaction with colleagues & customers.
Pros
Good Management co-workers support. Good benefits & training.
Cons
Differences of opinions between sales & project managers
Productive, well run, great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montreal Qc17 April 2015
Worked with a great bunch of employees,no matter what their title was, and it was a well-run, efficient office. There was a special synergy and collaboration/cooperation between employees. Everyone worked towards one goal, being the best they could be in their fields.
Pros
Great bunch of people- well run - great benefits
Cons
It ended.
Working on different products Toshiba, IBM, Acer, Hp
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 February 2015
Typical day working on all sorts of different makes and models of units. Management and co-workers great and easy to get along with and that the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
Great bonuses, salary, Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Productive environment and Open Culture to work in!!
Lead Analyst Controllership (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 December 2015
Very Good Company, Open culture, autonomy in work, integrity and customer centricity are its key values. Deliver in uncertain world are key to success and what company believes in.
Great harmonious place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 May 2015
Great, positive, hard working co-workers.

Individuality was sanctioned and higher management worked on ones strength and helped develop ones weakness, all in a positive harmonious atmosphere. The philosophy, came from the founders.
Basically you can work hard, learn hard and play hard together.
Pros
Summer bonding activities days, Sugar Cabin lunches, great Christmas parties
Cons
None that I can think of
A great place to learn in depth about the Fleet Industry
Fuel Card Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga3 February 2014
I was extremely fortunate in that I was able to work with every department within the company. It was a great opportunity to learn the industry inside and out, I was able to assist my co-workers whenever needed. In doing so I gained a valued reputation as a reliable, approachable and knowledgeable co-worker who got the job done with desirable results.
Pros
A great group of individuals to work with. Many opportunities to learn and grow
Cons
GE was actively looking to sell the fleet department, It created an environment of worry and concern for many, This is the reason that I rated Job Security/Advancement so low, I was very disappointed when the company began lay offs as I truly enjoyed the work, the people and the industry
Good learning environment
Onsite Desktop Support Technician at Nortel (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 February 2015
Great team building events

Good management of individual teams
Lots of good learning opportunities

GE did a lot of customer site support positions, so you were representing GE all the time
Exciting and rewarding place to work
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 August 2013
Everyday was different filled with new experiences
Learned how to deal with different clients, how to sell services and products
Management was not the best managed
Co-workers were all team players
traveling long distances at times 300km
dealing with people
Pros
Loved my job
Cons
Did not always agree with management
Productive and fun work place.
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2013
I worked there for almost five years during my high school and university years. I was provided with the maximum amount of support by the management to continue my studies on a fulltime basis as well as full time work. I had developed my interpersonal skills though this job as I was required to deal with clients on a regular basis.
Productive, full, busy, enjoyable, experienced.
A/R Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Ontario13 March 2013
Good company to work for, team atmosphere, participation and dedication of employees.

Full day, work with various departments.

Computer system and procedure experience.

Management, fair.

No hard part to the job.

Most enjoyable, the people.
Pros
team participation and support
Easy to manage job
New Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 July 2013
A typical day at the call center of GE Money/HBC was sometimes hectic but more often than not, had a balanced workload with clear objectives, proper management and knowledgeable co-workers.
Said they offered competitive compensation plan
new employee (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan5 December 2012
Railcar paint wage is ridiculously low 11 to 14 for midnight shift in Saskatchewan
Maybe the pay is good elsewhere in the company but not here so why put that in your ad? Just put 11 to 14 so people with experience do not waste their time.
did credit for Walmart and Sams Club
Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 August 2012
took calls from customers from the usa for walmart and sams club

Did credit increases, dealt with credit issues

Mangement was micro managed

Co workers were great
Pros
freindliness of customers
Cons
dealing with hard to handle when not being able to do rate increases
Productive and Fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 August 2013
GE is a fun place to work, at the same time you are learning new skills and been proactive. The mamangement style is relax once you get your work finished. My day is busy fro start to end which I like. my coworkers are the best people I have ever worked with
Corporate with Sense of Community
Recovery Specialist, Vendor Finance (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 August 2012
Global company with focus on growth. Education opportunities online. Continues to work on a work / life balance.
Pros
on site gym
Cons
doesn't support work from home.
Overall Wonderful company
Administrative role (Current Employee) –  Edmonton25 November 2014
I enjoy working for this company.
They have a great office moural, and awesome staff.
The work load is challenging but allows room for growth and learning.