GE Aviation

GE Aviation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work is hectic!
Edison Engineer (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAMarch 16, 2013
Typical day at work at GE aviation is hectic, with very less time left for any personal goals. But the work atmosphere and seniors in the team had helped me to inculcate enormous technical expertise.
Old and dusty
Lead Systems Safety Engineer (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 13, 2014
Slow paced and dusty work place. The only excitement comes from bad management decisions.
Nice working place with good team
Team Lead (Current Employee), MumaiApril 10, 2014
Pros: free bus/cab facility
Cons: long working hours in case if issue
Nice working place.
good team.
Customer interactaion.
Manageral support
Process oriented
Field Service Engineer/Representative (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 6, 2014
Pros: good place to work with customer
Cons: not always supportive of growth
exciting environment which is dependent on your goals. Process improvement oriented. Customer supportive.
Don't be Fooled
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), Loves Park, ILMarch 18, 2014
Pros: clean, air conditioned
Cons: politics, favoritism, unhappy workers
Skilled labor is not respected. College graduates are rotated throughout GE facilities. They are regarded higher than the most skilled/talented workers but have zero experience. Management rotates also from one facility to another. Promises and promotions are discussed and then easily forgotten about and new management has to start over. Don't get stuck – more... with an hourly or non-exempt position. – less
Productive workplace with lots to learn
Intern/Co-op (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 12, 2014
I learned a lot during my co-op rotations. There were friendly co-workers who were willing to help. The most enjoyable part of the job was the community being formed in a group setting. The one thing I wished I would have had more was exposure to other different technical skills to better my career goals.
very good place to work
Processor (Former Employee), McAllen, TXMarch 10, 2014
Pros: they have a gym, free lunch and good
Cons: short breaks
Everyday we do a short meeting on how the production is doing in all the shop. I learned a lot of things and different power tools.
GE centric work environment
GLOBAL CREDIT MANAGER (Current Employee), OHIOFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: "healthahead" programmes focus on preventative care; great medical benefits
Cons: location, lack of integration programmes for mid-career employees
This GE location is focused on bringing in employees immediately from university & successfully integrates them in the GE work environment.
Great Place to work for
CNC Machinist (Former Employee), Muskegon, MIJanuary 31, 2014
I enjoyed my years working at GE Aviation. All the overtime you want, all volunteer. Management was nice, co workers were nice.
Little work-life balance
Lead Engineer/Technologist (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: training opportunities
Cons: no work-life balance, low pay, no growth potential.
Be prepared to give your life away for the company. GE pays below market and they know it, HR is awful and is the department with most power in the company....engineering is way low in priority.
Benefits are also below peer market and growth is limited, very limited. Tough work environment because a lot of people are unhappy, old people are there because – more... of pensions, new people realized where they have gotten themselves into and want to leave, unless they have other reasons to stay (family, fear of change, etc). Use GE as it uses you: get what you can during your time there and leave. The grass is INDEED greener on the other side. – less
Data Entry and Invoices.
Accounts Payable/Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Duarte, CAJanuary 25, 2014
Busy and enjoyable working environment. Professional and team oriented.
Hard work good hours.
shipping department and office work (Former Employee), rockford ILJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: long hours good pay
Cons: none. love factory/ office work
Nice group of people, fun to work with, high safety requirements
Very good
Special Tooling Buyer/ Sourcing (Former Employee), MexicoJanuary 16, 2014
Love working in GE. Great company that looks for their employees.
I enjoy working the with employees
Buyer/Procurement Specialist (Current Employee), Yakima, WAJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: the employees, hours and vacation, community service
Cons: job security
I love working in HR and Benefits. I really like interacting with the employees and our suppliers/customers. My most enjoyable part is helping the employees grow and develop in their roles and help them overcome challenges.
GE is Great, stay away from MRAS
Engineering (Former Employee), Middle River, MDJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: management, compensation, benefits
Middle River is a very poorly managed companies I've ever seen. I have witnessed the falsification of certifications and a general disregard for engineering practices and FAA requirements. The managers, in nearly every department, are degrading to their subordinates and push production in lieu of quality and safety.

I love what I do and the people – more... that I work with, but the management and benefits are not desirable. – less
A place to learn challenging trades
Level 2 Machinist (Former Employee), West Jefferson, NCJanuary 7, 2014
Received hands on training on all aspects that you are willing to learn. Learned how to function in a teaming environment.
Adequate experience, not well organized
Test Cell Intern (Former Employee), Arkansas City, KSJanuary 6, 2014
Largest problem with the intern program was with the area I was placed into. It was not organized, and the projects I was assigned seemed to be busy work.
Welder at GE Aviation
Welder (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INDecember 31, 2013
I like the company but the pay isn't very good. I enjoy the work but I am ready for new challenges. The hardest part is driving to work and not getting the pay that my family needs to better ourselves. Management is okay but there is not much advancement opportunities.
Excellent place to work.
Office Administrator/Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Bellevue, WADecember 10, 2013
Very interesting work culture, people and focus. Different approach to management and employees.
Little Bit Of Advise; don't believe everything you hear.
Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Vandalia, OHDecember 2, 2013
Upstairs was a wonderful group of individuals and most managers will be willing to assist you when needed.
All tools and equipment were supplied as needed.
People tend to get into your business quite a bit, but as long as a person stayed neutral, most conflicts could be avoided.

1 2 3 4 5

About GE Aviation

At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation – Read more