GE Aviation

GE Aviation Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work depending on the department.
Combustion Engine Test Operations Co-op (Former Employee), Evendale, OHDecember 17, 2014
Lots of areas to get experience in.
Welcoming job culture.
Lots of opportunity for training.
At this time, 2014, management is clueless to resolve production issues and out of touch with workers
Quality Component Inspection Specialist (Former Employee), Bohemia,NYDecember 3, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: management lacks true understanding of issues, inexperience.
Management needs to get back to basics to prevent service issues with their customers.
FPI Inspector
Fluorescent Penetrant Inspector (Former Employee), west jefferson, ncNovember 13, 2014
The was my favorite job. Always learning and advancing available if you are willing to invest into your self worth. Everyday was enjoyable to me.
Great company, non-competitive pay
OPERATOR (Current Employee), Clearwater, FLNovember 4, 2014
Pros: medical benefits.
Cons: supervisors are just time stamp adjusters. no sense of leadership.
Unorganized, young management with little experience through GE programs for internships. Great benefits, but that's sacrificed with having a human resource department that refers you to phone numbers if you have questions regarding benefits.
Excellent place to work.
Cell/Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Madisonville, KentuckyOctober 28, 2014
Pros: great family atmosphere.
Cons: long hours, but very rewarding.
The culture in the workplace was better than I expected. The management team was great. My co-workers were very dependable and I couldn't ask for a better team of employees to have working for me.
good
Mechanic Technician (Current Employee), Miami, FLOctober 19, 2014
well its good to work here but the upper mangenment are culess
Everyday Data Entry duties as well as receptionist duties
Data Entry/Receptionist (Current Employee), Lynn, MAOctober 18, 2014
Receptionist check ids to make sure the appropriate people are entering the site with the appropriate clearance.

Data entry consists on entering insurance information as well as prequalification information. Some emailing is needed.
Intern with GE Aviation
Materials Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLOctober 16, 2014
As an intern I was not really challenged or given direction as to the projects I needed to accomplish. Instead I was used as an assistant for one of the planners at the plant.
Fun Workplace
Component Inspection Specialist (Current Employee), Bohemia, New York, 11769, USAOctober 9, 2014
Needs more structure and planning in order to complete production process.
Unique Learnings
Site Leader (Former Employee), Dayton, OHAugust 27, 2014
My career at GE was ever evolving and developmental. I had a range of experiences that were unparalleled to some of my colleagues and that in turn, enhanced my leadership skills and abilities. I have a solid business acumen, high levels of experience in operations, driving process improvements with lean tools and I have a strong foundation in the people – more... development as well. There was never a typical day at work and you have to be able to adapt to whatever situation is presented and grow from it. Those experiences were the rewarding parts of the job. – less
Wonderful experience as Co-op at GE Aviation
Supply Chain Sourcing Co-op (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 20, 2014
During my time as a Sourcing Co-op I was able to gain experience and responsibility that will help me with my future career opportunities. GE takes great care of their employees and truly cares about the success of their co-ops.
GE Aviaion
Production Associate (Former Employee), Batesville, MSJuly 18, 2014
Mill parts on a production line. Good job with good pay. Management is
Wonderful people that appreciate your work.
Sr. IT Project Engineer (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLJuly 12, 2014
Great company to work for. The people where friendly. I felt like I got recognition for my performance and support that I provided.
Great company to work for!
Component Repair (Current Employee), Hamilton, OHMay 29, 2014
Pros: good pay, heat & a/c, flexiable
Cons: short breaks, difficult personalities
Excellent and competitive pay, great benefits, and a lot of opportunities within the company.
NICE people... poor management
Assembly Manufacturing Lead (Former Employee), Middle River, MDMay 27, 2014
Learned a lot but they brought all new management and everything changed for the worst. I thoroughly enjoyed and took pride in the work I did although it was challenging at times. Also, I miss the people, the pay, and the hours.
Good compensation and great engineering environment
Program Manager (Current Employee), Pompano Beach, FLMay 21, 2014
Great place to work with social engagement opportunities.
Leap Manufacturing Support Specialist (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 18, 2014
I learned a lot about aviation engineering. Applying my lean manufacturing experience in this environment was an great growing experience.
Interesting
Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Manhattan KSApril 25, 2014
While the work was fun at first the overall work was more similiar to a factory with little changing from hour to hour making for a boring experience and the managers usually treated the workers like new people even after months
Detailed Work Environment with great culture
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee), Batesville, MSApril 24, 2014
Pros: culture, good pay/benefits
Cons: advancement is very competitive
My work day is very diverse and consists of multiple duties. I could go on all day talking about the diversity of this role. Over the past 3 I have enhanced my people skills. I started here as a production associate and quickly advanced to a support staff role. Here at GE we do not have managers and supervisors. It is a teaming site and the teams make – more... the majority of our production decisions. This really teach individuals how to solve issues and work through problems themselves. Now that I am in a support staff role I work with a small team within the quality department and they are great. The hardest part of this job is preparing for FAA audits. The most enjoyable part is the culture, environment and work atmosphere. GE is an awesome employer. – less
I LOVED WORKING FOR GE!!!
Facility Test Certification Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 23, 2014
Pros: great benefits and work-life balance
Cons: hard to get hired there
I worked here as an engineering intern and it has always been my favorite company ever since. The work environment was incredible! Great personality everywhere as well as different organizations that encourage workplace comradery.

1 2 3 4 5

About GE Aviation

At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation – Read more

GE Aviation Photos