Summary: The Administrative Assistant’s primary responsibility is Accounts Receivable for both GBS Mobility and PC Medic. This includes maintaining credit balances and resolving account irregularities. The Administrative Assistant will also administer claims, refunds, adjustments, and any other accounting transactions related to A/R management. This position involves diplomatic interaction with customers to provide billing information and support in order to facilitate swift payment of invoices due to the organization.
In addition to the above accounts receivable duties, the following duties are also required:
- Reconcile monthly TELUS service agreements and submit for any missing payments
- Track missing submissions to ensure payment of these transactions
- Provide bill payment assistance as required
- Various duties as required by management
- Collaborate with the Finance Department to maintain collection goals and general A/R performance levels.
- Contact customers to secure payment information, address disputes and/or provide necessary backup and documentation as required until full debt is closed
- Communicate with internal/external sales representatives and accounting professionals as necssary to complete job duties.
- Receive and fill out receipts for third party payments, whether by cash, check, credit, and other forms of payment.
- Post and reconcile customer payments to general ledgers.
- Review all credit balances, refunds, and adjustments, and apply adjustments and/or corrections to corporate billing records.
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its customers.
- Form collection strategies to mitigate customer objections to making timely A/R payments.
- Investigate collection problems and advise customers on corporate A/R policies and procedures.
- Make arrangements for payment of outstanding and late accounts; escalate transfer to management or outside collection agency as necessary.
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or misapplied cash transactions.
- Recognize improper billing through research and rectify if possible.
- Maintain accurate customer files with all applicable correspondence and report to Management on status as required.
- Build working relationships with internal departments to resolve customer disputes in a timely manner.
Indeed - 6 months ago