Our client, a successful and growing credit union, is seeking a Branch Administrator for their office located in Etobicoke. They are a full service financial institution with approximately $100 million in assets and 3,600 members across Ontario. The credit union is very progressive and provides their members with a broad range of financial products and services coupled with unparalleled financial advice. Come experience the credit union difference – “a better way to bank”.
The Branch Administrator plays a critical role in this organization to both supervise the frontline member (customer) service employees as well as manage the back office administration area. The position responsibilities and requirements are summarized below.
- Supervise, delegate and coordinate the activities of the “back office” operation or administrative support areas of the credit union including registered and non-registered deposits and ensure adequate cash supplies
- Supervise the Member Services Group in the delivery of products and services to the customers/members including deposits, internet banking, clearing, updating of operational policies, IT related issues, and security
- Manage the Member Services Group, including performance appraisals, training and development, coaching, scheduling of work, product and sales training, hiring etc.
- Lead the sales process by overseeing referrals made by the Member Service Representatives, setting sales targets, providing sales training on new and existing products and developing sales call lists
- Opening new member accounts, responding to branch and telephone inquiries, identifying members’ financial needs, recommending suitable products and cross sell, making referrals for loans/mortgages and investments to other internal staff
- Participate in the planning, budgeting and setting of objectives for the Member Services Group
- Promote the Credit Union branch in the community and participate in community events
- Completion of post secondary education in business related area (CUIC designation recognized).
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a financial institution with at least 2 years supervisory experience
- Advanced computer skills (particularly with MS Word and Excel)
- Experience using and supporting/maintaining a banking system
- Strong sales and customer service skills
- Team-focused leadership style
- Detail oriented and organized
- Credit union experience
- Other relevant credit union or banking training in sales and administration
Our client offers a competitive compensation package and an employee focused work environment. The successful candidate must complete a full background check and be bondable.
If you are a customer focused banking professional, please send a resume and cover letter via email by March 31, 2014.
We thank all candidates; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
GBC - Graham Brown Consulting Inc. is a partnership of consultants who specialize in providing customized and cost-effective HR support for small to medium sized businesses including HR program design, performance management, compensation, recruitment, improving employee engagement, strategic business planning and Board of Director support. Visit us at www.grahambrownconsulting.com
Indeed - 7 months ago