G4S Employee Reviews

No respectful treatment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 23, 2015
some managers treat guards with no respect, intimidation tactics, in the disguise of client's requirement- force employees to different schedules effecting their personal life very adversely and reducing man power, No great pay-Minimum wages. No rise for years and years, indirect pressure and asking employees to sign for averaging hours to avoid paying overtime.
Pros
Vacation Pay 6% for 5 to 10 Years of Service & 8% for more than 10 Years of service
Cons
Continental Shifts
No moving forward
Gordon Baker Rd (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 17, 2015
A typical day of work is very slow, the co-workers are the best part of it all, supervisors... Not so much.
I learned quite allot working here, manage two way radios, the typical run of the mill site work and mobile. Management also isn't the best,the people who work in the offices rarely pick up your calls and when they do they're usually in a meeting or their voicemails are always full so there is nothing you can do about it, the hardest part of the job is not wanting to quit on the spot, when your desperate for money and the job is the only thing keeping you going, its hard.
And to say the last part of it all... The most enjoyable part of the job are the co-workers, some I've made friends with, gone out of my way to see them in person and to hang out every now and again. So thats probably the best part of it all.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Supervisors, Management, head office staff, pay rate
Already reviewed
Access Control Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 10, 2015
I have already reviewed this company it is the same as G4S Secure Solutions. It was an okay place to work. You were moved around a lot if you did something that the client didn't like. a lot of which were things that security guards are not required to do. Like delivering final bills to hotel gets and giving each room a newspaper.
Pros
can get good pay
Cons
boring
G4S Security-over all good
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMay 9, 2015
The days are 12 hour days. Duties include: report writing, physical restraints on mental health patients, scheduling for security team, supervising seven other people, key/access control, high risk guard on mental health floor and delegation.

I learned how to properly manage a big team and how to work together with nursing staff on site. My co-workers are the favorite part of my job. they are dependable and I have assisted in molding them to what they are today.

the hardest part of my job in the lack of proper equipment that is supplied to us. Also, for the job we do, we do not make adequate wages.
Pros
continental shifts
Cons
longs days, poor wage, lack of equipment
Enforced, Coordinated, Team Player
Security/Screening Officer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCApril 24, 2015
Worked with the general public and analyzed and evaluated situations, and exercised judgment and discretion to make decisions
• Obtained information in an investigative setting and pressure situation
 Checked departing passengers and their luggage with
X-ray machines
Walk-through metal detectors
Hand-held metal detectors
And personal searches
 Provided passengers with following services
* Guided passengers to security procedure
* Directed them to gates, arrival/departure area, taxi and public bus, washrooms, lost and found booth and other related designations * Answered their questions/inquiries and other information
Friendly Staff and Management
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 13, 2015
Excellent place to work. The colleagues and staff were very supportive. Starting pay was higher then most security jobs in the area
Worst company to work for!
Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2015
The management does not care about staff, and will do anything to make themselves look good. very unorganized and demeaning.
A job that actually has what it stands for: security.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 12, 2015
As long as you have a permanent site, you will have guaranteed job security. Many different sites to work from and there are hours you can pick up on.
G4S Secure Solutions
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 11, 2015
I have worked at G4S Secure Solutions for over 13 years. I have worked in both the residential and corporate sectors. I work 40 hours per week and I have been Site Supervisor for 10 of those 13 years. My associates and my clients are the most enjoyable part of my job
Productive and fun workplace.
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 13, 2015
• Provide all new guards with site training
• Conduct site visits, patrols and evaluate all assigned sites as assigned by management
• Ensure all guards on all sites are in full and proper uniform with a valid Ontario Security License
• Ensure all guards comply with policies and procedures of sites as instructed by both the client and G4S Management

Most enjoyable part of my job is learning new thing about the job company and co-workers.
Pros
Good Learning Experience
Cons
Not having Dependable Worker and the distance from work to home.
The work schedule was perfect and the management were always ready to listen to you
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurrayMay 25, 2015
Fun place to work, met a lot of people from different places the management was good you could always talk to them about any issues concerning your job at any time. I liked the 14 and 14 rotation because it gave you time to spend with your family
Excellent Company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Christina Lake, ABJuly 5, 2015
Enjoyed the time in camp as a security guard. The atmosphere was comfortable and the quarters were nice. With a gym and good food and a 2 week on 2 week off schedule, it was great. Strong support from management made my senior guard position a good one.
productive workplace wit comitted staff who help build your future
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONMarch 6, 2015
working for G4S Security Solutions has provided me with many skills and training for my future. The management team is very supportive and are always available to listen to the staff. the hardest part of my job is dealing with traumatic situations. I am able to professionally respond to situations but sometimes situations are emotionally effective towards the team. I enjoy working with this company because of the development it has on my future and goals
benefits
Worse Company I've Ever Worked For
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ONApril 21, 2015
I have never worked for a more unorganized, non caring lazy company since I've been in security. I was Laid off for no reason of my own lied to on many occasions, and was told by office staff that if site supervisors allow work place harassment then the office will allow it as well.
Pros
N/A
Cons
long hours, low pay, minimal benafits
High Turnover
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCMarch 18, 2015
Extremely high turnover for mid-level management jobs, which leads to a low experience base.

Upper-level managers appear to be unaware of what is actually happening on the floor with the staff members and performance issues. Many double standards regarding enforcing safety procedures when they are not being followed.
Pros
some benefits
Cons
mediocre management
Excellent training
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Quinte, ONJune 26, 2015
Training programs were excellent and up-to-date. Emphasis was always on effective communications. Job entailed protecting and ensuring safety of premises, employees, patients and visitors. Regular patrols were completed.
Dynamic work environment that involved attention to detail
Security Guard/ Systems Monitor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 1, 2014
Working for this company for the past five years, I've encountered and witnessed many things that I never thought I would have seen on the job. Working for this company has also given me the oppertunity to proive my work ethic in an unsupervised environment where I am left alone in an entire downtown building for six hours of the night.

The most enjoyable part of my job is that I am trusted with many responsibilities throughout my shift, and at the end of each night, it is gratifying to know that I have kept the building and its contents safe and secure at all times.
Pros
easy, comfortable
Cons
can be boring at times
productive
Assistant Manager, A17 PACAF Transportation (Former Employee) –  diego garcia british indian teritoryNovember 29, 2014
my review working for 12 yrs in the company is not so good.
im may typical day at work its fine,most of the time we have a rush jobs.
about the management theres a lot jobs but we have shortage in manpower, my co workers are very good team mates.
the hardest part of may job is that we awork so hard for every job they gave to us but we this the salary is not enough.
my twelve years working in my previous company i enjoy my job bacause i learn alot and i gain more friends
Pros
free meals
Cons
long hrs
Hard work, sometimes goes unrecognized
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 25, 2014
Solid company, decent reputation, sadly heavily focuses on client concerns, which quite often, creates various issues within the Management structure. Sadly lacks a team atmosphere amongst the management team and not enough focus on correcting these issues.

Needs to act upon management concerns and develop a plan to improve a positive team atmosphere.
Pros
flexible hours, freedom to travel and not confined in the office
Cons
long hours, on call 24/7
Productive with fun
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 19, 2015
A typical Day starts and ends easily. Learnt team work, Data entry, Customer Service. Management was good but less attentive. Co-workers were great, good team. Night shift was the only hard thing. Some nights you do nothing and just enjoy.
Pros
Preferred Hours
Cons
Less Benefits