G4S Employee Reviews

Just ok
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 September 2016
It is just a routine, monotonous, day to day job with very little to learn and grow. I am a creative person who would like to do work in my field which I specialize for.
long
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON25 May 2016
i like the customer service aspect of the job, talking with clients makes the day go much quicker. I wish all locations were like this.
Pros
?
Cons
patrolling the area. making sure environment is safe
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  sqaure one mall4 August 2016
good employers. enjoy working with this company.working with people. making sure environment is safe to work in. standing all day was on bad thing about this job
Pros
good hours
Cons
standing
productive, efficient
Security Officer (Site Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2012
A typical work day is that you are either dealing with a fire alarm, leak problem, ambulance emergency, or a trespass. I learnt how to be proactive and to react fast in all sort of emergencies situations. The management is nice, they listen to your concerns and keep that in their record. I found that easy to deal with co-workers. The secret is to find out what type of person they are and to be friend with them accordingly. The hardest part of the job is that you are called in the middle of the night sometimes to cover a shift for a late or absent guard. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you have lots of free time. You can use this time to actually improve your skills and to be an excellent employee.
Pros
lots of free time
Flexible but unpredictale
Client Service/Mobile Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2013
While starting my shift, every night is a different night. I do not know what tasks I have to do until I am briefed by the previous supervisor. Sometimes the shifts are slow and sometimes they are packed. Throughout my shift, I am constantly driving around the city which sometimes exhausts body and mind. My co-workers are very dependable and outgoing. The hardest part of my job is getting adjusted to the hours and not being able to spend time with my family. Some of the most enjoyable parts of my job is being able to meet new people and being able to converse while taking in their points of views. Management is fairly good but at times can be unorganized.
Pros
Flexible time to take lunch whenever I please, being able to drive to various parts of the city that I have not been to before.
Cons
Long Hours (sometimes exceeding 12), working every weekend, low pay for the large amount of work being done
positive
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 August 2016
positive work finder easy access website positive in areas of location for work finding location and trades specialty work searching and general good website layout
good company to work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 August 2016
AT start of shift take a patrol of site . Make sure every entry and exit are secure. Take note of any special requirement from customer.
Very Enjoyable leaving me feeling productive.
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB29 March 2016
There was always something to do and if I was done my work then I would usually ask for more. The day would start off at 6 a.m for 12 hour days and night shift was the same. A typical day was busy needing to organize and process over 100 temporary employees for their orientation. After that it was programming the person employee access cards and vehicle passes for the chip gates and doors. I was always in a two person team for the entire shift but also was alone near the end of the contract. I got along well with everyone. I very much enjoyed that job.
fun places and inrtactions with clients and customers
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 October 2015
A typical day starts with signing on and be ,alert on the job, and getting briefed by the fellow guards and be on the monitors or patrols as the nature of the site.The hardest n part would be around 2'0 clock if its a night shift and than is the time to have a little
polite chat.
Pros
medical benefits
Cons
hard wage raises
very satisfactory job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 August 2014
* Guarding the security of offices, construction sites etc.

* Learned how to deal with different types of people.

* Management is very much reasonable to all the employees.

* Very cooperative and considerate co-workers.

* To work when there is harsh weather.

* To make sure the security of the workplace and get work satisfaction through that.
Benefits
lots of hours to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON2 April 2016
its okay place to work lots to learn and hours to work not the best pay and poor benefits. company does not really care about you but if your willing to work theres lots to do
Very challenging mentally & physically
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON7 July 2015
Totally different than my business career. A refreshing change after 7 years of retirement.
G4S is a very good company and has treated me fairly.
Upward mobility in the Peterborough area is my goal...personnel management and development of Security contracts is my next goal.
Pros
Four days on four days off.
Cons
The upward mobility seems to be their biggest challenge for the Peterborough area.
Co workers are fun to work with and easy going. They are understanding and fully cooperate without hesitation.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 July 2013
At the beginning of each shift, the security guard checks the shift notes from the previous guard on duty. This alerts the guard to anything to look out for during duty time. I have learned how to deal with a different cultures as well as providing a good customer service and maintain a good relation with the management and clients. The hardest part of this security job that when you multi task and work under pressure and maintain a good and positive attitude.

great people to work with and good hours to work
High Risk Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON25 January 2016
i learned a lot working at G4S
Management could have been a lot better
had great co-workers
hardest part of my job was dealing with all the suicide attempts
the most enjoyable part is the interaction with the people
Pros
lots of hours to work
Cons
little pay and management is poor
productive
Assistant Manager, A17 PACAF Transportation (Former Employee) –  diego garcia british indian teritory29 November 2014
my review working for 12 yrs in the company is not so good.
im may typical day at work its fine,most of the time we have a rush jobs.
about the management theres a lot jobs but we have shortage in manpower, my co workers are very good team mates.
the hardest part of may job is that we awork so hard for every job they gave to us but we this the salary is not enough.
my twelve years working in my previous company i enjoy my job bacause i learn alot and i gain more friends
Pros
free meals
Cons
long hrs
productive and fun place to work
Control Room Administrator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC18 June 2016
excellent way to learn and value the meaning of customer service
constantly keeping busy and learning the value of managing time and providing efficient customer service effectively
Was fired for refusing unsafe work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB15 May 2014
The first thing they tell you in training is that if you ever feel unsafe in your workplace then tell your supervisor and refuse the work. I did just that and got let go, replaced by a new Canadian that wouldn't speak up and doesn't know the labour laws protecting him. This company is untrustworthy and the training is bare-minimum enough to cover their insurance and their bottoms in court.
Pros
Nice pay in the oilfields
Cons
Long hours, little time at home, treated like dirt by the management
ll
Technical Project Lead Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 February 2016
Typical day starts at 8- 5. There are reviews from the previous day

G4S has remarkable people that works there . team players

The hardest part f the job is trying to get things done on the Budget that is available
Pros
Pleasant location
Cons
Salary very low
Greeting new faces to the buiding
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2015
Management and Supervisor are very supportive and helpful when making hard decisions. The most enjoyable thing about my job was being able to learn new skills and work ethnics from my colleagues.
Pros
Free breakfast
Not a great company
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Calgary,Ab25 February 2015
Very poor compensation overall. Bad management. Does not pay overtime.Location was in Calgary, Alberta. Overall not a good company to work for. Unsteady work.
Cons
Poor health benefits, no raises, no room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.