G4S

G4S Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
G4S
Security Officer/Guard (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJune 25, 2014
Pros: i do my job and always get paid
Cons: if you want to put in for a job with the same company but in another state, no one can help get information for you.
I learned a new repect for the Security Officer/Guard career
I work with some great folks and even though some overly qualified they didn't get hung up on it.
I was always encouraged to apply for pomotions and upgraded poitions.
Good
Meter Reader (Current Employee), Manchester, ENGJune 23, 2014
Working by yourself at all time can be difficult during bad wethear
security officer (Current Employee), UAE AJ marnJune 22, 2014
Looking forward for an organization that offers a challenging, stimulating, learning environment to work in and provide scope for individual & organization development, which offers attractive prospects for long term development and career growth.
hi turnover rate
Security Guard (Current Employee), Lauderdale Lakes, FLJune 21, 2014
Fast paced work environment always on the go. I have learned how to be more patient with kids and get to know them a little better. management is very disrespectful and has no compassion for employees. the hardest part of the job is breaking up fights and making sure that one does not get injured in the process.the most enjoyable part is talking to – more... the youths and giving advice that might hopefully impact their lives after detention. – less
dreary and watch your back
court security officer (Former Employee), Crewe, ENGJune 21, 2014
Cons: plenty
Very steady. Not spectacular.
Management dont communicate very well with cso
Others guards dependable
Finding out information poor
Court staff not friendly
None really.
company is good
Commercial Executive (Current Employee), Hyderabad & ChennaiJune 20, 2014
company is very good, they provide all benefits to employees but I need relocate to vizag
Avoid At All Costs
Security Officer (Current Employee), Belvidere, ILJune 18, 2014
Cons: everything
G4S is one of the most worst security companies to work for. Don't care about the employees or their families. No Benefits! Forced over time due to poor management skills.
broken promises, no integrity, belittle you and pay is lousy
Thaddeus Stevens College guard (Former Employee), Lancaster, PaJune 18, 2014
Cons: everything
Worked here since April 21, 2014. I was promised 40 hrs but when arrived at the college was only 32 hrs. I was told they have plenty of work and would make sure I got 40 hrs. Never happened. I carried a firearm for 26 years hold many certifications (more than the whole management team and employees put together) but was told I couldn't carry here because – more... I didn't meet the qualifications. What a joke. I am leaving today to work for a better security company with better pay and benefits where I can carry a firearm. I suggest do not waste your time working here unless you like dead end jobs with no integrity.. – less
military type of job
BPO Bank Protection officer (Former Employee), Baltimore MDJune 18, 2014
Pros: good uniforms for the job.
Cons: they don't show any care about there employees well being
great uniforms, guns need to be updated, and management need replacement. If management can't lead by example did who do we learn from. If we as security officers uniforms are clean , then our managers uniforms need to be clean too. If we as security officers are trained and fit for the job, then our managers need to be as well. Lead by example.
G4s is a multi National Security Company
Security Officer (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZJune 17, 2014
Pros: free lunch and accomodation
Cons: 8 hrs duty and 2 days off
During the tenure in G4s in improve my skills in Security field.
good job
Security Guard (Current Employee), Columbus, MSJune 16, 2014
nice job to work if your young and just starting out. The pay could be a lot better.
G4S/RSS - Terrible place to work.
Nuclear Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Seabrook, NHJune 13, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits were good, training is excellent.
Cons: everything else.
They may pay well, but the job will take your life away. The working conditions are terrible and the management is terrible. There is an approximately 40% annual attrition rate, which should speak volumes more than I can here in this blurb. The only saving grace of this job was the non-supervisory people who could tough it out. They are great people – more... and the only reason the place even functions at all. – less
Security Officer (Current Employee), Dallas txJune 11, 2014
• Inbound and Outbound calls.
• Made Badges
• Car patrol and Foot patrol
• Watched CCTV monitors
good work place
Security Officer (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJune 8, 2014
Pros: full work week
normal routine for a security officer.
I know the requirements for the position
management is good
co-workers are good.
maintain vigilance.
Doing the job correctly
G4S has been a overall great experience
DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE (Current Employee), Washington, DCJune 5, 2014
I have learned a lot since i have been employed by the government.
To much politics .
Office Administrator (Former Employee), DUBAIJune 5, 2014
Pros: nothing.
Cons: long hours.
 Prepares a daily report, weekly outlook, monthly trip report and running hour data.
 Answering multiple phone lines and routing those calls to the appropriate people.
 Prepare project manager’s correspondence, and other documents as requested.
 Prepare reports on the status of projects.
 General Secretarial Duties.
 Operate other minor office – more... equipment like fax machines, copy machines, and scanners.
 Maintain the general filing system and file all correspondence.
 Preparing & maintaining database on Employee Leave (Vacation, Sick & Compassionate) and Contract Files (Active & Cancelled); reporting on New Joiners, Re-Joiners, Over-Stayers, Headcount, Accommodation Status (Camp/Room Allocation) and Uniform (Update on Orders Placed, Received and Issued).
 Adept in general administrative activities including New Visa, Visa Renewals, Visa Cancellations, Visa Relocate, medical insurance & associated claims, access passes, car pass stickers, ID Cards, Work Permit Card, Industrial Trade Licenses and Renewal, Ministry Paper Clearance Work, Police Implementation, Safety Environment and Legal Compliance. – less
Overall very good
Security Officer (Former Employee), LondonJune 3, 2014
Very good management and otherwise.

When i worked at the Olympics i met lots off celebrities,and the weather was always nice and sunny.
Professional position with an enormous amount of responsibility.
Customer Service Security Analyst (Current Employee), Berkeley, MOJune 3, 2014
Cons: no room for advancement or pay increases.
I am employed by, G4S as my employer. However, my post is at Express Scripts. I am not a typical Security Officer. I work in the Security Control Center, where I monitor all alarms and cameras for, Canada, China and the US. This position requires a positive attitude and being a self starter with the ability to work solo. All communication is by phone – more... or email.

The hardest part of this position was at the beginning, when I was brand new to the Security environment. It is by no means an easy job with lots to learn. How to communicate with Directors and Sr. Directors and the Management Team. Writing methods of communication. Knowing when to take authority with having the Police dispatched to a site with alarm activity. The list is endless.

A typical day at work is setting up more than one computer for my cameras and my work station. I handle all inbound telephone calls, Crisis Alerts, Incidents regarding damage to buildings or employees being hurt on the job; along with performing all Administrative Duties.

I enjoy my position with all my heart and soul. However, I've been working at the same position for three (3) years now with no room for advancement and no opportunity for pay increases. This is not due to my personal work performance. We are not employed by, Express Scripts. We are employed by, G4S and contracted out to Express Scripts.

I am ready to enhance my career and move forward as I have reached the peak of my ability at this position. – less
A great stepping stone into the competitive security world
Customs Protection Officer (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 2, 2014
Fun job to hold after graduating from college, pay was decent, it varies by states, regions and such so that caused a bit of disruption on my part, however, all in all it is not a bad company. Good benefits, job security.
Enjoyable
Door Supervisor (Current Employee), Glasgow, SCTJune 2, 2014
Pros: decent pay, attend events/venues, dealing with public (interacting)
G4S is a company who I enjoy to work for. The reason being because the whole aspect of security is enjoyable for me. Ensuring the safety of the public, interacting with them, having a conversation makes the time past by adding to the experience. The supervisor and staff at G4S are also very professional in the work they do and are expected to perform – more... at a high standard at all times. Security is something I feel great about as having the authority and ensuring the safety of the public after a day of work does not give a better feeling. – less

About G4S

G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in secure outsourcing in countries – Read more