G4S

G4S Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great opportunity to work at the Olympics
X-ray operator ,Events Stuart (Former Employee), London, ENGMarch 25, 2014
Cons: longs hours as i was doing 12 hour shifts for a loing perioud of time
at the 2012 Olympics i developed my team work skills as i was constantly working with a big group of people. the main venue i was based in was Wimbledon which was a very high standard place to work at but because of my role as a X-ray operator i was in various different venues around London.
Overall, G4S is a very fair and inclusive corporation to work for.
Field Supervisor/armed Custom Protection Officer (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMarch 22, 2014
G4S is a great place to work, full of opportunity for growth. I am thankful that they included me in their operations. I am better because of it.
Intersting place to work
Accounts Executive (Current Employee), RialtoMarch 21, 2014
Pros: plenty of access to holiday time with no questions
Cons: some long hours with time in leiu as opposed to payment
I work with three other girls in my Office whom I get on really well with. We recently received a new General Manager and Administration Manager in which both are making changes and for the better. I like my Job and I am kept very busy everyday.
Average
Steward / Security Officer (Former Employee), Sutton, ENGMarch 19, 2014
Average , But Working Hours are unsociable or 0 hour contracts
All right
Custom Protection Officer (Current Employee), orlando, FLMarch 18, 2014
This company is one of the largest private security firm in the world.
Not a very challenging job.
Security Officer (Former Employee), New HampshireMarch 18, 2014
Not the most exciting job, The environment was terrible, my hours of work was not so great as well. There was really no growth of advancement with this company. The job was not that interesting. My job was to monitor GE90 a plant that operated various things. I sat in a booth as a look out security guard checking in and checking out employees and contractors. – more... The job was not challenging at all. This position was more suitable for a retired elderly person looking for part time work. – less
Okay, for the meantime. It may help open doors for law enforcement and other fields requiring similar objectives.
Traditional security officer (Former Employee), New HampshireMarch 15, 2014
Pros: it's really not a difficult job
Cons: you're treated like garbage.
The uniforms are awful. The upper management is awful. The pay is awful. I've ultimately had the worst experience with this company.

My direct deposit was screwed up and I wasn't being paid for weeks, because my checks were being deposited into some other checking account I hadnt signed up for. On top of that, I was given the wrong uniform size and – more... it took weeks and weeks for it to be corrected. No pay raises at all! Upper management is extremely unprofessional. I've heard nothing but negative stories and experiences from other guards. I swear they're playing games at their little office of theirs. Ridiculous. – less
Friendly and supportive work environment
HR Coordinator (Current Employee), Sana'a, YemenMarch 14, 2014
Pros: friendly work environment
Cons: high workload
I manage day to day HR processes and procedures.
I learnt how to deal with people and gained a lot of practical knowledge that can not be found is books.
I maintain a friendly relationship with all employees.
The hardest part of the job is the workload and work pressure.
The most enjoyable part is working as a team and managing the team.
No Cliant care in addision no staff care
Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Immingham, ENGMarch 14, 2014
Dealing with manning levels of two site also issues that the client may have in a proactive way.

I regret to say nothing that could help myself or the client.

Reactive not proactive

The team worked well however the management caused major problems in the teams performance.

Again I regret to say sorting out the issues the management caused.

investigating – more... issues and bringing them to a satisfactory conclusion for the client and myself. – less
Fun and enjoyable
Security Guard (Former Employee), Eton Dorney & LondonMarch 11, 2014
Started work at 6am and worked 12 hours a day, but thoroughly enjoyed it and the experience was fantastic and it will live with me forever.
Unprofessional company..(london games says it all)
Security Officer / head doorman (Former Employee), Bristol, ENG burges salmonMarch 11, 2014
Cons: incorrect pay, lie about fuel allowance, rubbish managment
Worked for g4s for a number of years as a ds security.
Management simply dont have a clue, send relief guards who fall asleep all night on reception, managment turn a blind eye, was personally told by an area manager to not put in a complaint as long as we have the contract?
Training for sites consists of watching a dvd and signing a document which – more... basically means you lose your job should you not be a superhuman mind reading highly motivated individual all for a lousy £6.50 £7.00 an hour.
Would you work for a company who belived they could swindle the british government lol.
Dont just take my word for it, join them and find out what there like. – less
Security Officer (Former Employee), London, ENGMarch 11, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: yes
ITs good when I join G4S . I left G4S to start my own Cricket Club
Productive and a Pleasant company to work for
Flex Security Officer (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PaMarch 8, 2014
I enjoyed working at the different sites. I was able to meet alot of people.
was challenging each day
Prison Officer (Former Employee), Rugby, ENGMarch 8, 2014
Pros: food was free
Cons: the days can be long doing 18 hour days when needed.
found the type off work enjoyable was a good team player the work was different each day the prison service is a interesting place to work.
ok
Safety Steward (Current Employee), nationalMarch 7, 2014
not been there long but seems okay
its mainly online training ect is all on the web
Reputed Firm
security officer/Receptionist (Current Employee), D I F CMarch 7, 2014
Pros: free accomadation
Cons: long hours
Believes in working hard and taking initiative,willing to experiment and learn.Capable of accepting respnsibilities and carry them out unsupervised.In this firm i am not satisfied to do top.More over i want develope my career.
Large company long hours 12 to 13 hour shifts
Armed Nuclear Security Officer (Current Employee), Jenkinsville, SCMarch 5, 2014
Pros: lots of work
Cons: long hours rotating shifts
G4S is a very large company whos primary focus is security, the job takes excellent conditioning due to the amount of weight you carry on your person in the form of weapons etc.. Swing shifts and 12 to 13 hour days and nights make life balance somewhat difficult to manage.
Company pays a decent wage but the uniforms are made poorly & fall apart when washed. Also, the insurance is not that good.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Livonia, MIMarch 5, 2014
Pros: the overtime. when there is a sservice request going on at gm, you get a lot of that.
A typical day at my job can be nice or it can be hectic depending on the post that I am assigned to. If I am at the 87 truck gate, I can look forward to a very fast paced shift. Most of the truck traffic comes thru that gate. The 57 truck gate is a little slower. The shuttle driver from plant 58 picks up loads 3 times an hour & occasionally local drivers – more... come in to pick up loads or empty trailers. When I sit at console, I record the daily activity report for my shift, answer phone calls, monitor the cameras, greet visitors & employees. When on patrol, I survey the outer & inner perimeter of GM in a patrol vehicle, hitting checkpoints with a toco wand, taking readings on the risers, & watching for anything unusual.

I think the hardest part of my job would be on a day at the 87 truck gate when the traffic is so heavy that I can't even take a minute to get a bite to eat. Once I had to work the truck gate on July 5 & the truck traffic was so heavy my supervisor was outside helping me for 2 or 3 hours.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the fact that I have met drivers from all over the country, some of which have become friends. I have learned that GM supports many charities which they allow us to participate in, I have also made a lot of friends at my job – less
Teamwork
Administrator (Current Employee), Boksburg, GPMarch 5, 2014
Different offices, but the best teamwork I have seen so far.

A day at work consists of hard work with deadlines, I have learned to work under pressure and that teamwork is important. my co-workers are a lot of fun, we are like family, but when it is time for work, we do our best, they are all hard workers.
best job!
Security Guard (Former Employee), London, ENGMarch 4, 2014
Pros: good pay and free food throughout
Cons: long hours
this was the best ever experience in a work place for me, the people were great all through out from the control room to the people i worked along side with.
i learned to be the first point of contact and how to talk and respond to people, also taught me how to be more approachable.
The team leaders were all great towards their teams and so were the – more... managers.
I joined working with the people around me and being at the point of first contact because it boosted confidence within me. – less

About G4S

G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in secure outsourcing in countries – Read more