G4S Employee Reviews

Not recommended
security guard (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 30, 2015
It really depends on the site you get but if you are not lucky. You will not have a fun time working.
Nothing fun ..... ........ .......... .............. .................
Pros
you are employed
Cons
poor treatment of emloyees
flight center at kearl
Screener and Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 28, 2015
It is a very good employer .I learned to be more professional with G4S.The management encourage us all the time to show professionalism with clients. My co-workers are brothers and sisters to me. The hardest part of the job is when we go outside under the weather of -40 to go scan vehicles. when I am by myself in the bird house to wait for the vehicles to come before I scan them and let them go by pressing the botton .
Productive and a good place to work
Vault Administrator/Armoured Guard/Custodian (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 24, 2015
Its a good place to work, lots of proof reading is involved. It is hectic at times but pretty steady. Management is pretty cooperative.
Pros
Paid Lunches, Overtime, Enjoyable Work Environment
Cons
Everything is Timed. You can get behind schedule very easily if not alert and prioritized.
Great Job
Security Admin (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 23, 2015
This was a 2 month contract out at Shell Scotford. Had I been able to, I would have loved to continue doing it. I enjoyed the tasks and duties the job required. I loved being in the office environment.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  London, ONNovember 18, 2015
long hours rough times balancing home life medical life and work. Mostly you work in hazardous areas alone. Had to use your own transportation on some sites at your own expensence
Pros
quiet sites
Cons
Worst company to work for!
Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2015
The management does not care about staff, and will do anything to make themselves look good. very unorganized and demeaning.
great managers but low pay, realistic hours
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 26, 2015
i had a good employment with G4S the managers were friendly and understanding the pay was not great but you can count on being taken care of during work hours.
Pros
free items and equipment
Cons
long hours during over night shift work
Reliable Co-workers to count on
Operation Supervisor (Toronto Community Housing) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 22, 2015
With G4s Secure Solution i was the Operation Supervisor for Toronto Community Housing Corp. My Tasks were to provide any guidance to my team of 60 guards. Creating their schedules and over looking the contract for the Manger regarding everything, guards complaints, client needs to taking book off and vacation approvals.
Good part-time job for college/university students
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONOctober 18, 2015
G4S has a bad reputation, there's no question about that. However, I enjoyed working with them for several years while I was in university. I had 24 hours a week at a permanent site and they frequently asked if I wanted more hours if I had the time. Working as a security guard is not physically strenuous and there is a lot of downtime to tackle readings/homework- as long as you still do your job, they're fine with that.

I do not recommend this job or company if you aspire to become a police officer or work in other areas of law enforcement.

Hours are there if you want them, and management in Hamilton was reasonable to deal with and work around other commitments. The only security guards that did not appreciate the job or respect management were those who want to make being a security guard with G4S their career.

The salary is generally minimum wage or just above. The wage does not often match the site duties. For example, someone sitting in an office with free access to the internet, a refrigerator, who has to conduct periodic foot patrols may earn the same wage as someone working in a low-income housing area who has to deal with drug addicts, intoxicated/high people, and difficult tenants.
Pros
Lots of downtime
Cons
Low wage
All about the number$. You are an employee number.
Installations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 16, 2015
Enjoyed working along side my colleagues. Received exposure to new Technologies often. Enormous potential for growth, but management does not provide the necessary support to grow.
Pros
Fun place to work when everything goes well.
Cons
Don't expect any support from Management.
Friendly Staff and Management
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 13, 2015
Excellent place to work. The colleagues and staff were very supportive. Starting pay was higher then most security jobs in the area
No support from Main Office, Good work is not appreciated
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, OntarioOctober 6, 2015
Workers at root level are neglected and no efforts from management towards cordial relations. No job satisfactiodue to non appreciation.
Greeting new faces to the buiding
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 2, 2015
Management and Supervisor are very supportive and helpful when making hard decisions. The most enjoyable thing about my job was being able to learn new skills and work ethnics from my colleagues.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
fun places and inrtactions with clients and customers
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 1, 2015
A typical day starts with signing on and be ,alert on the job, and getting briefed by the fellow guards and be on the monitors or patrols as the nature of the site.The hardest n part would be around 2'0 clock if its a night shift and than is the time to have a little
polite chat.
Pros
medical benefits
Cons
hard wage raises
Hectic and challenging place to work
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 26, 2015
A typical day on the job entails dealing with individual and responding to their questions and concerns. Report writing and mental processing of information accurately are the key to a successful day.
Pros
Paid breaks
Productive and fun workplace
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 24, 2015
Managing staff to meet peoples needs in daily basis is always challenging work to impose especially when 90% is customer service. What makes this job great is everyday people you meet inspiring new ideas what to expect next and ways to improve yourself in a growing industry of customer service especially in a multicultural city and company that one works for.
A job that actually has what it stands for: security.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 12, 2015
As long as you have a permanent site, you will have guaranteed job security. Many different sites to work from and there are hours you can pick up on.
Stuctured work environment that allows the worker to set their other private and personal schedule easier.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 2, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity that was given to the workers to work in various work place in various time frame with different team members and working environments.
Pros
Easy to work
Cons
May face the unseen risk and challanges
Average security company with horrible impatient people working the phone
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto,OnSeptember 2, 2015
The job placements were okay and decently flexible but whenever there was a mess up or inconvenience the people working the phones for clock-in/clock-out were extremely rude.
Wouldnt recomend it
security guard (Former Employee) –  northern ontarioAugust 20, 2015
low pay...bad administration and you have no chance of advancement.They don't care about Northern Ontario. there will never be raises.