G4S Employee Reviews

Walmart
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 December 2016
Very fun environment and very kind staff , a typical day for me includes patrolling the site , watching for any vagrants , and damage to any of the windows or doors.
Great Global Brand Image
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  GTA, Toronto23 November 2016
Am a student and work only part time, my recruiter and other staff, i have met are great to work with.

My attraction to them was there great Global Brand Image.
productive workplace wit comitted staff who help build your future
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON6 March 2015
working for G4S Security Solutions has provided me with many skills and training for my future. The management team is very supportive and are always available to listen to the staff. the hardest part of my job is dealing with traumatic situations. I am able to professionally respond to situations but sometimes situations are emotionally effective towards the team. I enjoy working with this company because of the development it has on my future and goals
benefits
Best Job i ever had!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2016
great sites that allowed a great balance between life and work. Well trained and prepared for every site......I would recommend them to anyone looking to gain experience in the law enforcement feild!
Pros
Great Sites
Cons
Cant think of any
Lenel Support (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 August 2016
The work culture is friendly and welcoming. People bond to each other as a team. one team one goal, safety first. The best management team i have seen so far in the company.
Great company to work for!
Operations Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC1 November 2016
G4S employs the best people, develops their competence, provide opportunity and inspires them to apply company values.
Pros
Teamwork and collaboration
Cons
24/7 operation - irregular shifts
fun places and inrtactions with clients and customers
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 October 2015
A typical day starts with signing on and be ,alert on the job, and getting briefed by the fellow guards and be on the monitors or patrols as the nature of the site.The hardest n part would be around 2'0 clock if its a night shift and than is the time to have a little
polite chat.
Pros
medical benefits
Cons
hard wage raises
No respect for employees
Security Guard and Relief Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON30 June 2016
The worst company I have ever worked for. After 8 years I get passed over for the supervisor position and then I'm told my 40 hour a week day job has been reduced to 2 12 hour day shifts on the weekend. Had also worked as relief supervisor and they give the job to a person that doesn't have a clue.
Pros
dealing with the general public on a daily basis
Cons
Poor management
great learning curves and has benfits/union
Loss Prevention Officer{trainer} (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON27 September 2016
busy, hard work, great amount of paper work/ reports, hardest part of the job is working with individuals who may not work as hard as you or care as much, but if you are able to focus just on yourself, all will be ok.
Camp job experience is the best
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB/ Fortmcmurray , AB/ Kearl, AB28 October 2016
Awaesome camp job experience in Kearl, AB and Fortmcmurray, AB. The trip fro home to site and site to home before and after the rotation would be fantastic.
Great for over-time
Cash Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 September 2016
I typically worked graveyard shifts. Hard to maintain a personal life but the money was good, and the people were colourful. Always overtime so the pay cheque was always nice
Prejudice, illegal, low quality and under equipped company
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB4 August 2016
The uniforms do not comply with SSIA guidelines.
Pay is usually 13.50 an hour if your not in camp.
Never expect overtime, G4S is very proud of their cheap tacky approach.
Most nonsense I have ever saw in one place, it is a regular daily thing for the supervisor to threaten to fire you on a regular basis and the human resources person does not care to intervene.
Out of 14 days there was twelve where either 6 people were in a five seat capacity vehicle or ten people in an 8 person capacity vehicle.
Safety is a joke, they rant forever and curse the entire way through without mentioning the camp your staying in has a contaminated kitchen, electrical problems.
Accommodations are okay, but the safety person makes it rough by making the halls and cafeteria a no shoe zone. Imagine putting on your shoes 15 times a day.
The supervisors don't take their job seriously. I made a complaint about workplace harassment and was removed from the job site and left with no job.
G4S is full of clowns, if you don't wear face paint your in the wrong place
Pros
lunch is free but you will get sick every time chicken is served.
Cons
Verbal abuse, prejudice, SSIA non-compliance, policy that prevents security guards from doing security.
Just a job.
Manager/Mobile Patrol Unit Hamilton/Niagara Region (Current Employee) –  Hamilton/Niagara Regions6 June 2016
Enjoy the work despite the poor support from upper management. Workplace culture thrives at a lower level with a lot of employee dissatisfaction.
Pros
My position allows me to schedule shifts including my own.
Cons
Low paying. Lots of stress due to low support levels from support services.
Good job for students
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2016
Good job for students, great for building customer service and teamwork skills as well as leadership and prblem solving skills.
Long and flexible hours
Currently a Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2016
would have to do 8 or more hours and night shifts are brutal, co workers are fun people to talk to and management are organized and professional
Pros
free food
G4S Working Environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2016
G4S is one of the leading security company located in heart of North America (Toronto).

- Great working environment.
- Management team is excellent motivator.
- Hands on training, One of the best instructors and teacher is industry. Training such as CPR, handling situations in stress environment, leadership training, etc.
- Individual employees are valued in company from junior to senior level.
Pros
Amazing Character, integrity, moral building experience.
Cons
Long working hours, Which i love.
productive
Assistant Manager, A17 PACAF Transportation (Former Employee) –  diego garcia british indian teritory29 November 2014
my review working for 12 yrs in the company is not so good.
im may typical day at work its fine,most of the time we have a rush jobs.
about the management theres a lot jobs but we have shortage in manpower, my co workers are very good team mates.
the hardest part of may job is that we awork so hard for every job they gave to us but we this the salary is not enough.
my twelve years working in my previous company i enjoy my job bacause i learn alot and i gain more friends
Pros
free meals
Cons
long hrs
selfish managment
Customer service helping the customers (Current Employee) –  missisauga ontario29 January 2013
they hired me for christmas time and promise me that they have full time position available after chiristmas time but as soon as their christmas contract came to an end they told me to return the unifrom back and no more positions available g4s is the largest security company in the world and they lied to me i cant believe that i strongly suggest dont rely on this company keep a side job always thats how i was able to pay my bills on time this is not a make up story i swear to god they play with your trust THANKYOU
Pros
no benefits
Cons
dont even pay the orientation day
Productive and fast paced environment
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 September 2016
Its fun to work at G4S but the work load is manageable. We learned many things through the experience and skills. Its good to work with the co-worker and the work environment is really good.
patrolling the area. making sure environment is safe
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  sqaure one mall4 August 2016
good employers. enjoy working with this company.working with people. making sure environment is safe to work in. standing all day was on bad thing about this job
Pros
good hours
Cons
standing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.

68%