G4S Employee Reviews

Clean environment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 February 2016
I have been working with this security company which i dedicate myself by working hard and by proving myself to others how i work so hard. I solve so many situation even when manager were around which they were so proud on me because how handle my job. The most part of my job i enjoy was dealing with drug addicted people who were smoking in the stairwells in business building which i manage to handle it and make the building clean and clear by dealing with the individual because of my communication skills.
Pros
free gifts
Cons
Great experience for furthering yourself in the security feild.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON16 February 2016
I really enjoy my time with G4S because I enjoy the line of work and following the procedures day to day procedures. I learned lots about myself and the law enforcement and well as medical field. Our management is great as it is always willing to help and striving for us to become better guards through various training programs. The staff that we work with are all amazing people who have the same mindset and same goals. I would have to say the hardest part of the job and why I am now looking for other work in the amount we get paid. Being a subcontracted security company our wages really reflect the bidding process. The most enjoyable park of the job is being able to make a difference within the hospital and when you are appreciate for keeping staff out of harms way.
Pros
Exciting and fast work environment.
Cons
Wages being low
productive
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 July 2016
improved communication skills
stress management
developed interpersonnel skills
better customer service
the best part of the company is the its employes
Just ok
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 September 2016
It is just a routine, monotonous, day to day job with very little to learn and grow. I am a creative person who would like to do work in my field which I specialize for.
Great teammates but poor management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 February 2016
depending on which site you work, a typical day is either fun or boring - just make the environment conducive to your liking.

learned how not to operate in management, lacks vision, has little to no care or concern for guards or their well being/safety. more concerned with needs of clients rather than offer flexibility and support for staff.

great teammates - would not replace them at all!

hardest part of the job is being placed at a site with no form information concerning that specific work sites.

the most enjoyable part is having customers, residents or even clients showing more concern and or care, respect and appreciation for your time and work.
Pros
Nothing!
Good Employer
Site Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2016
Working in G4S has been a great experience over all. The executive management is helpful and cooperative. The wages are competitive.
Challanging and rewarding
Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 January 2016
Security Manager,
A typical day at Garda would start with a meeting to see where everyone was at, what had happened the previous shift, and what to expect for the upcoming shift. Through the day I would delegate staff different responsibilities, meet with senior management, develope policy and proceedures, liase with outside agencies, assist staff, etc. The management was awesome, I felt very supported in my position and knew I had a great resourse in the senior management.
The most difficult part of this position was having to disciplin staff. I don't think anyone likes to be disciplined.
The best part of my duties was watching my employees succeed.
Pros
meeting new people, learning from some of the best, acheving goals
Cons
being on call, having to dismiss people from their positions.
long
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON25 May 2016
i like the customer service aspect of the job, talking with clients makes the day go much quicker. I wish all locations were like this.
Pros
?
positive
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 August 2016
positive work finder easy access website positive in areas of location for work finding location and trades specialty work searching and general good website layout
Very Enjoyable leaving me feeling productive.
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB29 March 2016
There was always something to do and if I was done my work then I would usually ask for more. The day would start off at 6 a.m for 12 hour days and night shift was the same. A typical day was busy needing to organize and process over 100 temporary employees for their orientation. After that it was programming the person employee access cards and vehicle passes for the chip gates and doors. I was always in a two person team for the entire shift but also was alone near the end of the contract. I got along well with everyone. I very much enjoyed that job.
Need to re-invent themselves
SERVICE DELIVERY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC2 June 2016
Very little to no support for management team in Kelowna. Poor accounting process. Staff seldom if ever paid correctly, lead to bitter staff.
Pros
non
Cons
countless
productive
Assistant Manager, A17 PACAF Transportation (Former Employee) –  diego garcia british indian teritory29 November 2014
my review working for 12 yrs in the company is not so good.
im may typical day at work its fine,most of the time we have a rush jobs.
about the management theres a lot jobs but we have shortage in manpower, my co workers are very good team mates.
the hardest part of may job is that we awork so hard for every job they gave to us but we this the salary is not enough.
my twelve years working in my previous company i enjoy my job bacause i learn alot and i gain more friends
Pros
free meals
Cons
long hrs
good company to work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 August 2016
AT start of shift take a patrol of site . Make sure every entry and exit are secure. Take note of any special requirement from customer.
Time at G4S
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2016
I was never properly trained and the management was not very understanding about my school. Had to leave my position because I could not manage work and school.
selfish managment
Customer service helping the customers (Current Employee) –  missisauga ontario29 January 2013
they hired me for christmas time and promise me that they have full time position available after chiristmas time but as soon as their christmas contract came to an end they told me to return the unifrom back and no more positions available g4s is the largest security company in the world and they lied to me i cant believe that i strongly suggest dont rely on this company keep a side job always thats how i was able to pay my bills on time this is not a make up story i swear to god they play with your trust THANKYOU
Pros
no benefits
Cons
dont even pay the orientation day
High Turnover
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC18 March 2015
Extremely high turnover for mid-level management jobs, which leads to a low experience base.

Upper-level managers appear to be unaware of what is actually happening on the floor with the staff members and performance issues. Many double standards regarding enforcing safety procedures when they are not being followed.
Pros
Some benefits
Cons
Mediocre management
productive and fun place to work
Control Room Administrator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC18 June 2016
excellent way to learn and value the meaning of customer service
constantly keeping busy and learning the value of managing time and providing efficient customer service effectively
Wouldnt recomend it
security guard (Former Employee) –  northern ontario20 August 2015
low pay...bad administration and you have no chance of advancement.They don't care about Northern Ontario. there will never be raises.
very satisfactory job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 August 2014
* Guarding the security of offices, construction sites etc.

* Learned how to deal with different types of people.

* Management is very much reasonable to all the employees.

* Very cooperative and considerate co-workers.

* To work when there is harsh weather.

* To make sure the security of the workplace and get work satisfaction through that.
Benefits
Productive with fun
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 April 2015
A typical Day starts and ends easily. Learnt team work, Data entry, Customer Service. Management was good but less attentive. Co-workers were great, good team. Night shift was the only hard thing. Some nights you do nothing and just enjoy.
Pros
Preferred Hours
Cons
Less Benefits