G4S

G4S Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Working with at risk kids
Support Staff (Former Employee), Polk City, FLApril 11, 2014
Pros: pay not to good
Cons: working with behavior kids with attiude
• Monitored at risk kids in the facility
• Make sure all youth safe and following the guideline and rule
• Protect the youth and staff from harming each other
• Communicate with Staff and understand different color code alert
Loved being part of London 2012
X Ray Operator / Security Officer (Former Employee), London, ENGApril 11, 2014
Pros: being part of london 2012
Cons: travelling around london trying to get to work during such busy periods
Workin the London 2012 Olympics was the best experience, i learnt how to become a fully qualified xray operator which was an amaxing job to do, Management at the Olympics sites i worked at were fantastic but overall management could of listened to there employees more co workers were great hardest part of the job was working in the heat most enjoyable – more... part of the job was xray operating and the atmosphere was just fantastic – less
Fun
Hospital worker (Current Employee), Welwyn Garden City, ENGApril 11, 2014
Not bad company but needs some improvements especially within relationships between employer and employees also within company policies.

People very friendly and helpful.

Typical day at work it's rather peaceful and relaxed. Not pressure at all.
FREE ACCOMODATION AND TRANSPORTATION GOING TO WORK
CUSTOMER SERVICE PROFESSIONAL- MIHY (Current Employee), Dubai, U.A.EApril 9, 2014
May i help you staffs have 4 days working only and have 4 days off but with 12 hours duty.
Training and seminars provided by the company for refreshments.
The most enjoyable part is the workplace..
not what i expected as g4s being a big security company
Custom Protection Officer /Gatehouse/Bike Patrol (Former Employee), miamiaApril 9, 2014
Pros: free course class
Cons: no breaks no overtime no vacation
great start after college but i want more as a job. they wasn't what i expected and just a fake big company
Field Controller (Current Employee), GPApril 9, 2014
Pros: able to leave an hour before finishing time.
Cons: no growth for me.
Give support to my technicians, Run the day to day operations,
How to fix hardware and software for atm's?
Most of my Co-Works are lovely people and i enjoy working with them.
Meeting SLA (Service Level Agreement)
That i am able to leave work an hour before finish time.
Productive place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee), London, ENGApril 8, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
G4S was a very good and productive place to work and i enjoyed every bit of it.
HAVING FUN WITH THE GIRLS
Youth Care Worker (Current Employee), Stuart, FLApril 8, 2014
5MIN CHECKS,CORRECTIONAL OFFICER,DEALING WITH MENTAL HEALTH KIDS,AND JUVENILES
Hard work
Site Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Caguas, PRApril 4, 2014
It was a hard job in which it seen hard to obtain a better position
Can be great, depending on location. Stressful.
Security officer (Former Employee), OHApril 4, 2014
Pros: nice clients, good pay
Cons: strict locations, bad shifts/long hours, not willing to negotiate
I had two different locations with this job. One in Groveport, and one in Hilliard. The Groveport location, I would never recommend to anyone. The hours are long (60+ hours a week; I averaged 70), the work is tedious, you are watched like a hawk by the loss prevention guy, and they are so unbelievably strict on absolutely EVERYTHING. You will get yelled – more... at, no matter your position, and no matter how well you think you're doing your job. The Hilliard location, I loved. However, the supervisor can and will at least try to take advantage of your work availability. All the workers are nice though, and the job is easy. – less
Fun and friendly place to work
HR Background Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 3, 2014
Pros: family oriented, cared about their employees.
Security clearing employees and contractors for employment, learning the policies and procedures for utility companies. Great co-workers. The hardest part of my job was not being able to grant an individual a security clearance. Most enjoyable: knowing I have done all I can to help an individual get a job.
Long hours and tedious and monotonous
Security Officer (Current Employee), Parma, OHApril 1, 2014
A typical day at the contract I work consist of driving around checking building that are closed and making sure entrances and exits are locked and secured. I have learned basic security programs and how to properly type up reports for incidents. Management here is not very loyal to their own contract. Considering there is in house security and contract – more... security our project manager for this contract would rather throw us under the bus to save the contract then stick up for his own officers that didn't do anything wrong. My co-workers are generally nice but there are always a bad few in such a big group.

The hardest part of the job is the repitition of driving to the same buildings and checking the same doors all week with no change in pace. I enjoyed the pay for this type of job it is considerably high for the job that I do. – less
Call centre agent
Call Centre Advisor (Former Employee), North Tyneside, ENGApril 1, 2014
Pros: work pattern
Cons: repetative
This would include ringing customers or taking inbound calls to ensure customers were up-to-date to ensure that they met government safety regulations.
My time at G4S was very fun and enjoyable and i would meet diferent people from all over the world
Security Officer (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPApril 1, 2014
Pros: we used to have free lounch at work especially on christmas day evry year
I love to meet different people from all around the world and it's very nice. I learned a lot of things such as different people and learn more about their cultures as well as the language they speak.
The management were very good and kind, they would teach us how to approach a person you don't know and try to help the as much as you can. My co-workers – more... I was very good with them and also they were very kind too.
I personally didn't have the hardest time at work, I loved it every moment. At times I would work overtime whenever I'm off for three days. I don't remember absent myself from work or had a fight or argue with any person. – less
Good Company but poor management!
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: company has several methods for employees, ie online job postings, electronic reporting of problems
Cons: poor management - no development, poor training skills and customer service to employees
Management was poor! Employees often threaten with job!
The work was all about safety and following all site rules and regulations.The company has methods in place for employees but local managers do not always follow the rules.
Assisted officers in monitoring participants in a call center
Customer Service Operator (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAMarch 31, 2014
Assisted officers in monitoring participants making sure equipment is tracking correctly. Ran unexpected alcohol test over the phone for participants on house arrest also made schedules for officers to show up at participants house for trouble shooting equipment.
It's a job
CPO (Current Employee), FloridaMarch 30, 2014
Pros: it's a job, it pays some of the bills
Cons: no raises, no chance for advancement, long hours, substandard pay, no home life, basically work and sleep.
Bad pay, horrible uniforms... coworkers that have been with the company for 5+ years have not seen any pay increase. I can't understand how some people actually live and have this as they're only job. This is not a career, let me say that again this is not a career! this is a job if you cannot find any other job.

Some posts are extremely boring. Hours – more... are long. Home life is sleeping until your next shift.

if you see an ad and they say they pay $12 an hour they don't pay $12 an hour not even armed so be careful – less
Team players....
Custodial Officer (Current Employee), Perth, WAMarch 30, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: long hours.
If I was to say what my typical day was I would have to say, it can be a rewarding job, unfortunately we are currently under staffed and overworked. My co-workers and myself make a great team and normally can have a good feel about it, The hardest part of my job is trying to balance my family life and my work life.
G4S Review
Communication Operator (Current Employee), Melrose Park, ILMarch 27, 2014
Overall a very productive company who taught great values & responsibility.
I enjoyed this company,a pleasant place to work
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCMarch 26, 2014
Pros: teaching me to be a good security officer
Cons: the company took away our sick days
My job was enjoyable.My hours were from 0600-1400 Monday-Friday. This was a great job for me,got to use my interpersonal skills.My Duties were to make sure employees an visitors had access to in the the building.My supervisors made sure I had all the tools I needed to to do my job effectively.The most enjoyable part about my job were the teachings I – more... received from my learning and getting to meet the customers.The hardest part of my job was driving the the 1 hr 15 mins to get there – less

About G4S

G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in secure outsourcing in countries – Read more