G4S

G4S Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
horrible place to work at
CPO custom protection officer (Former Employee), orlando FloridaJuly 25, 2014
Pros: you don't have to say anything during the interview...they hire any and everybody
Cons: everything about the company
The pay is horrible the hours are even worse. If your flex prepare to work 7 days straight one week and 2 days the next week. I could never plan anything because I didn't get my schedule until that Saturday or Sunday before the week started. That are virtually no benefits. Barely and PTO..no 401k matching or anything..If u got jury duty prepare to not – more... get paid for it..The only "benefits" they offer are gift cards for no name restaurants that u have to pay for any way. – less
Very Disorganized
Security Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: a job
Cons: hurry up and leave
The Supervisor is not available to employees with questions or concerns. I have never been apart of a company that shows so little regard for their employees future. I had never heard of a 401k plan where the employer gives absolutely nothing toward an employees plan, not sure how it can be called a 401k. Oh and the health insurance cost a 3rd of your – more... pay every month so forget about it. – less
Great place
Security Officer (Current Employee), Austin, TXJuly 22, 2014
fun place. great people. fun enviroment. not hard work, great for someone who retired but hates sitting at home. nothing better.
Great short term work
Steward (Former Employee), Wimbledon, ENGJuly 22, 2014
Pros: money, fun co-workers, experience the event.
Cons: long hours of standing up
Job entailed waking up early to head to the Championships, get allocated a spot to stand at which rotated at various times throughout the day. You were just there to check tickets and provide information to customers.
NOT ENOUGH HOURS AND LOUSY PAY
Security Officer (Current Employee), Ashland, KYJuly 20, 2014
I've been here for a bit and I've worked maybe 8 days within a month. Making about $105 a week. A person can not live on that in this economy.
day at this job
security officer (Current Employee), Wentzville, MOJuly 19, 2014
Cons: favoritism, drama among co-workers, and boring
I get to work re-leave the person that is at my post. I have door times to watch employees go in and out for lunch/break. I check bags of employees that come in and out to make sure they are not taking parts or any other objects out of the plant without proper paperwork. We respond to medicals/fires where employees need our help.
Productive workplace with the ability for overtime
Armed security guard dock master (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 15, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: bad attitudes
My typical day at work is working as the dock master, This position is generally second in command of the site manager. I provide access to contractors and vendors throughout the building. Checking id's, and providing card access to everyone who comes through the dock for delivers or to work on the buildings
good beginning job
Security Guard/Supervisor (Current Employee), Reynoldsburg, OHJuly 11, 2014
Good place to work when starting in the security field, helps individuals become acustomed to dealing with all types of business's and nationality.
challenging workplace
MSF/MTA x-ray operator (Former Employee), London, ENGJuly 10, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: long working hours
During the olympics I was working for G4S as a security, it was a whole new thing for me, It was a very tiring as I worked 13 hours everyday, however I experienced a lot from them.
Busy and lively work
Event Staff/Safety Steward (Current Employee), Edinburgh, SCTJuly 10, 2014
Constantly speaking with the public and assisting in providing important information to them at a variety of events from football to festivals.
It is great to see all the live events, however you have to deal with people being rude and offensive because they can't do/get what they want.
bad Company to work in Phoenix az
Security (Former Employee), Phoenix AzJuly 9, 2014
Pros: no lunch no breaks stand in the hot sun all day
Cons: no insurance ans
they will let their employee go if their clients does like your skin pure racism I have lawyer now for them from Terminating me because of my skinned color DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS COMPANY IN PHOENIX THEY WILL FIRE YOU JUST BECASUE OR THEIR CLENTS IF YOU WANT A JOB DO NOT APPLY THEIR. THEY WILL NOT TREAT THIER EMPLOYERS RIGHT
Loooking at moving possibly to Stoke on Trent
Security Officer (Current Employee), Coventry, ENGJuly 9, 2014
I would like to continue to work for G4S but from the Manchester office
I personally loved working for G4S.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Tuscola, ILJuly 8, 2014
Pros: hours, every other weekend off, quiet.
Cons: sometimes dealing with truckers at 0300 is unpleasant.
As a night worker, I stayed at a chemical plant for 12 hours of the day.
I would go around making 'rounds.' There were certain places I had to go through to deter anyone from trying to break in or cause a ruckus in the area.
I would keep track of all traffic in and out of the gates.
My boss, Holly, was fantastic to work with. She always had the schedule – more... out promptly, and would help other security officers (who placed in a request early enough) switch schedules around to compensate them. She was always smiling and a great pleasure to work with.
My co-workers were all very professional, and all had great attitudes. Sometimes it can take me a while to pick up something(I learn through practice, practice, practice!) and they would always help me until I understood common procedures. They were a joy to work with.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with loneliness at night, as I worked by myself.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. I loved working with my co-workers, and meeting plant workers as well. – less
NOT FRIENDLY OR FUN AT ALL
Gm Lobby Security Receptionist (Current Employee), Warren, MIJuly 7, 2014
When i applied for the security position I was warned about the rules and how the job has mandatory hold overs. At that time I had a 2 year old little girl and any job would have to do for then. Starting off the job duties was easy and worth the pay rate. After years of working security I've notice changes in management and co workers. I felt like I – more... was in high school again. I would not recommend this job to anyone over 21 years old. You can not live off of the pay rate and this job has no benefits. – less
Productive place to work.
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 6, 2014
The company is a global entity that has made a positive impact all over the world. The associates take pride in their roles. They strive for excellence.
hardworking, honest
Security Guard (Former Employee), Lima, LIM PeruJuly 6, 2014
meet the work uneventful and feel that the people who gives the service are satisfied with your service
Challeging and interesting
DIRECTOR/REGIONAL MANAGER/BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee), ChittagongJuly 4, 2014
I joined the company as Branch Manager but rose to Director of the company. It was very demanding and a challenging job as new challenges were being faced every day. The deteroating law and order situation made the job even more demanding.
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME
CPO CUSTOM PROTECTION OFFICE (Former Employee), MEMPHIS, TNJuly 3, 2014
I HAVE HAD THE WORST EXPERIENCE WITH THIS COMPANY. I WORKED FOR G4S FOR 2 WEEKS!!! I WENT IN ASKING FOR PART-TIME WORK ONLY BUT WAS FORCED TO WORK FULLTIME!!! I QUIT!! THEY DO NOT CARE ANYTHING ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYEES!!
Enhance Work Relationship
CSM / Logistic // Technical project co-ordinator (Current Employee), Boksburg, GPJuly 3, 2014
I have gained experience

Employees are committed to their duties. I prefer walking the extra mile to ensure that my work is done once , right and now.
Great place to begin a career within the criminal justice department
Securtiy Officer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: fast training, great certifications
Cons: everyone has to start off at entry level with a degree
Perfect job for recent graduates from college like myself to begin a great start which will help you further your career search while you apply all of your training that this company has to offer.

About G4S

G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in secure outsourcing in countries – Read more