G4S Employee Reviews in Canada

very satisfactory job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 4, 2014
* Guarding the security of offices, construction sites etc.

* Learned how to deal with different types of people.

* Management is very much reasonable to all the employees.

* Very cooperative and considerate co-workers.

* To work when there is harsh weather.

* To make sure the security of the workplace and get work satisfaction through that.
benefits
selfish managment
Customer service helping the customers (Current Employee) –  missisauga ontarioJanuary 29, 2013
they hired me for christmas time and promise me that they have full time position available after chiristmas time but as soon as their christmas contract came to an end they told me to return the unifrom back and no more positions available g4s is the largest security company in the world and they lied to me i cant believe that i strongly suggest dont rely on this company keep a side job always thats how i was able to pay my bills on time this is not a make up story i swear to god they play with your trust THANKYOU
Pros
no benefits
Cons
dont even pay the orientation day
Everyday is a productive day
National Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 22, 2015
Work environment is always go go go. G4S clients are all the Canadian banks and they don’t wait. The service provided is maintenance, replenishment and tech support to all their ATMs as well as reporting performance of all aspects of the business internally and to our clients on weekly and monthly basis. Keeping these contracts was contingent to the stability, accuracy and quality of our service, therefore, business continuity pacification was equal or greater importance to the quality of service. Great team building atmosphere and the continuous fast pace and workload prepare you to handle any obstacles you may encounter in your career.
No moving forward
Gordon Baker Rd (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 17, 2015
A typical day of work is very slow, the co-workers are the best part of it all, supervisors... Not so much.
I learned quite allot working here, manage two way radios, the typical run of the mill site work and mobile. Management also isn't the best,the people who work in the offices rarely pick up your calls and when they do they're usually in a meeting or their voicemails are always full so there is nothing you can do about it, the hardest part of the job is not wanting to quit on the spot, when your desperate for money and the job is the only thing keeping you going, its hard.
And to say the last part of it all... The most enjoyable part of the job are the co-workers, some I've made friends with, gone out of my way to see them in person and to hang out every now and again. So thats probably the best part of it all.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Supervisors, Management, head office staff, pay rate
Reliable Co-workers to count on
Operation Supervisor (Toronto Community Housing) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 22, 2015
With G4s Secure Solution i was the Operation Supervisor for Toronto Community Housing Corp. My Tasks were to provide any guidance to my team of 60 guards. Creating their schedules and over looking the contract for the Manger regarding everything, guards complaints, client needs to taking book off and vacation approvals.
Worst company to work for!
Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2015
The management does not care about staff, and will do anything to make themselves look good. very unorganized and demeaning.
No support from Main Office, Good work is not appreciated
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, OntarioOctober 6, 2015
Workers at root level are neglected and no efforts from management towards cordial relations. No job satisfactiodue to non appreciation.
A job that actually has what it stands for: security.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 12, 2015
As long as you have a permanent site, you will have guaranteed job security. Many different sites to work from and there are hours you can pick up on.
Good way to get your foot in the door through specific experience
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONMay 27, 2015
A typical day at G4S security is dependent on the site you've been assigned. Much of my work with G4S has been at a hospital doing patient watch, where I am responsible for the safety of the patient and the public surrounding that patient. Much of the time I am considered to be a babysitter, but there are times where I am called upon to deescalate a certain situation by using strong communication skills, or calling in more security personnel.
As of late I have been working at UOIT/Duhram college where I am responsible for campus patrol, and access to specific classrooms and offices. I have also worked on the main security desk where my responsibilities include managing access control, receiving incoming radio calls, and managing alarms. Co-workers are great, and it is a fun environment to work in, however this is not a spot for someone looking for something bigger. It is a great spot to gain needed experience in a law enforcement field.
Pros
Many sites offering different experiences
Cons
Long hours, but not always guarenteed them when needed.
Great Job
Security Admin (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 23, 2015
This was a 2 month contract out at Shell Scotford. Had I been able to, I would have loved to continue doing it. I enjoyed the tasks and duties the job required. I loved being in the office environment.
Productive and fun workplace
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 24, 2015
Managing staff to meet peoples needs in daily basis is always challenging work to impose especially when 90% is customer service. What makes this job great is everyday people you meet inspiring new ideas what to expect next and ways to improve yourself in a growing industry of customer service especially in a multicultural city and company that one works for.
Not recommended
security guard (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 30, 2015
It really depends on the site you get but if you are not lucky. You will not have a fun time working.
Nothing fun ..... ........ .......... .............. .................
Pros
you are employed
Cons
poor treatment of emloyees
Professional work environment
Control Room Administrator (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BCMay 31, 2015
The work environment is definitely positive and welcoming. The staff is very understanding and helpful. I do not think there is anything difficult with this job as it is pretty straight forward. However it is extremely repetitive which really causes you to become robotic to the job. I understand there is routine related tasks in every and any job however most of the jobs I have worked it has always been a dynamic environment. My co-workers are very understanding, helpful, and mature. Management I think needs a little bit of work, there's always room for improvement but I think they are headed in the right direction.
Team work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioOctober 29, 2014
I learn to deal with different cultures
My co-workers were great
Lots of over time
Pros
flexable schedules
Cons
lack of pay raises
Good - But Advancement Opportunities Limited
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 16, 2015
The Job at G4S was great. I have learnt various useful skills such as being vigilant, and identifying any theft, as well as steps we can take to massively prevent them, including cc cameras, on site vigilance, as well as communicating with fellow officers to maintain and ensure the safety of people and product.

My most enjoyable part of the job was in training others as I have trained over 20+ security officers and helped coach them be confident in their roles.

Although I love the job and am giving it my all, I would like to switch to a Financial Representative role for the better pay, and more importantly for the opportunity to advance further, and the opportunity to utilize my certifications and degree in Finance and Investment.
Great place to work at that understood work life balance
Security Personnel (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 21, 2015
I was working here for 4 years in which time they always placed me in places I could be of most use. I was challenged intellectually and physically to ensure the safety of the location. They accommodated my needs to work daily wether it was in the daytime or night. I was given the proper training to learn all the key requirements of each location; security camera training, alarm system training etc. Great co-workers that also shared similar passion and journey in life as myself. The hardest part was maintaining a proper sleep schedule when I was working overnight. The best part was the locations I was at, very slow paced and calm.
Stuctured work environment that allows the worker to set their other private and personal schedule easier.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 2, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity that was given to the workers to work in various work place in various time frame with different team members and working environments.
Pros
Easy to work
Cons
May face the unseen risk and challanges
Amazing experience, horrendous pay & benefits for job expectation
Hospital Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJuly 2, 2015
G4S provides great experience for people seeking to further their careers in the security / law enforcement industry. Unfortunately the pay and job security is so poor that it makes it extremely difficult to balance work and life.
Pros
Great knowledge and experience
Cons
Poor Pay
Friendly Staff and Management
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 13, 2015
Excellent place to work. The colleagues and staff were very supportive. Starting pay was higher then most security jobs in the area
Its a Jobs
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 4, 2014
Scheduling is messed up, they schedule people with out telling them, Benefits aren't the best,
I work nights, I check the bags for items that are package in the warehouse and I keep the logs up to date, I patrol the building 1 to 2 times a night, I work by myself at the front desk and watch cameras.
Pros
easy, layback