G4S Employee Reviews

Camp job experience is the best
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB/ Fortmcmurray , AB/ Kearl, AB28 October 2016
Awaesome camp job experience in Kearl, AB and Fortmcmurray, AB. The trip fro home to site and site to home before and after the rotation would be fantastic.
no chance for advancment
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 December 2016
They have no regard for seniority or accommodating personal schedules. They do not care about their employees or their families
not good
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 August 2016
The job sites are the most enjoyable part of working for this
company.Management treat you as though you are not worthy
of being employed with them. Salary for the hours and duties you perform during a 12 hr. rotating shifts not worth it.
Pros
meet nice people on job sites
Productive and fast paced environment
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 September 2016
Its fun to work at G4S but the work load is manageable. We learned many things through the experience and skills. Its good to work with the co-worker and the work environment is really good.
Ok company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 February 2017
Not a bad job, bad management but lots of room for growth. Good oppurtunities and great place to begin security, not to end it.
Great for over-time
Cash Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 September 2016
I typically worked graveyard shifts. Hard to maintain a personal life but the money was good, and the people were colourful. Always overtime so the pay cheque was always nice
G4S Working Environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2016
G4S is one of the leading security company located in heart of North America (Toronto).

- Great working environment.
- Management team is excellent motivator.
- Hands on training, One of the best instructors and teacher is industry. Training such as CPR, handling situations in stress environment, leadership training, etc.
- Individual employees are valued in company from junior to senior level.
Pros
Amazing Character, integrity, moral building experience.
Cons
Long working hours, Which i love.
Good job for students
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2016
Good job for students, great for building customer service and teamwork skills as well as leadership and prblem solving skills.
patrolling the area. making sure environment is safe
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  sqaure one mall4 August 2016
good employers. enjoy working with this company.working with people. making sure environment is safe to work in. standing all day was on bad thing about this job
Pros
good hours
Cons
standing
Just a job.
Manager/Mobile Patrol Unit Hamilton/Niagara Region (Current Employee) –  Hamilton/Niagara Regions6 June 2016
Enjoy the work despite the poor support from upper management. Workplace culture thrives at a lower level with a lot of employee dissatisfaction.
Pros
My position allows me to schedule shifts including my own.
Cons
Low paying. Lots of stress due to low support levels from support services.
G4S has not been able to give me a full time position with in their organization or any advanement oppurtunitys.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON19 April 2016
As a security guard for the past 15 years I have had a lot of experience. The typical workday consists of foot patrols, log in and out transport trucks, regulations of workers and guests into Sobeys Warehouse , handling phone calls, My co workers are great to work with which is probably my most enjoyable part of the job. I have learned to about safety issues and how to handle emergency situations. The hardest part of the job I think is probably the foot patrols. Management has treated me with respect.
Pros
Working as a team with co workers.
Cons
Not enough job oppurtunity, not enough pay. no training for advancement, working with in my capacity.
Just ok
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 September 2016
It is just a routine, monotonous, day to day job with very little to learn and grow. I am a creative person who would like to do work in my field which I specialize for.
I worked at Karmax Heavy stamping for 11 years ,12 hour shifts on weekends and filled in when someone would be absent. Karmax was great to wor
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON19 April 2016
My typical day consisted of regulations of workers and guests into a Car Parts Factory, Handling phone calls ,Log in and out Transport Trucks Patrol inside and out of Warehouse. a 12 hour shift. I learned Safety regulations and how to handle an Emergency situation and CPR. The management treated me with respect. I worked alone in my own security booth but there was another guard at another location which I communicated with throughout my shift. The hardest part of the job probably was the foot patrols as the warehouse was big. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning all the skills of becoming a Security Guard.
Pros
The salary, 12 hour shifts, there was always lots to keep me busy.
positive
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 August 2016
positive work finder easy access website positive in areas of location for work finding location and trades specialty work searching and general good website layout
Lenel Support (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 August 2016
The work culture is friendly and welcoming. People bond to each other as a team. one team one goal, safety first. The best management team i have seen so far in the company.
Avoid at all costs!!!!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 September 2016
Worst company I have ever worked for. Management is terrible.Management treat you as though you are not worthy
of being employed with them.Never expect overtime, G4S is very proud of their cheap tacky approach.
Most nonsense I have ever saw in one place, it is a regular daily thing for the supervisor to threaten to fire you on a regular basis and the human resources person does not care to intervene. The scheduling department was incredibly inconsistent and tough to reach. There were a few times where they would schedule you for a shift that didn't exist or was canceled. The Royal Ottawa is particularly the worse place to work!! The Supervisor is a Complete idiot who believes that he knows it all and is not willing to clearly hear your outcome(What ever this maybe). He should be removed from this Company! I believe that he is Complacent with his surroundings and clearly doesn't understand or care about how to manage staff at this site!!! Again if you see this Job posting please i urge All to Stay Away!!! Its a Complete waste of your time and resources.
Pros
None!!!!!
Cons
Supervisor changing the Schedule without informing staff!! Low Pay!! Duties are Minimal!!
Very Enjoyable leaving me feeling productive.
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB29 March 2016
There was always something to do and if I was done my work then I would usually ask for more. The day would start off at 6 a.m for 12 hour days and night shift was the same. A typical day was busy needing to organize and process over 100 temporary employees for their orientation. After that it was programming the person employee access cards and vehicle passes for the chip gates and doors. I was always in a two person team for the entire shift but also was alone near the end of the contract. I got along well with everyone. I very much enjoyed that job.
productive and fun place to work
Control Room Administrator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC18 June 2016
excellent way to learn and value the meaning of customer service
constantly keeping busy and learning the value of managing time and providing efficient customer service effectively
good company to work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 August 2016
AT start of shift take a patrol of site . Make sure every entry and exit are secure. Take note of any special requirement from customer.
productive
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 July 2016
improved communication skills
stress management
developed interpersonnel skills
better customer service
the best part of the company is the its employes