G4S

G4S Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced aviation security and customer service focused environment
SERVICE DELIVERY MANAGER (Current Employee), Richmond, BCMarch 11, 2013
Pros: people management, diversity in the workplace, daily challenges
Cons: limited growth within the company
Typically I manage 30 - 40 screening offers daily in a unionized environment in the Pre Board Screening checkpoints at Vancouver International Airport.
Within the 30 - 40 staff I manage, I have 13 direct reports.
I have learnt to be a strong manager but also fair and just. Through respect, teamwork and communication I am able to conduct a successful – more... and productive screening process for the public who are using Civil Aviation for travel.
My most favourite part of this job is dealing with and meeting new people from a hugely diverse background - staff and customers alike. Each day is a challenge but challenges drive me to succeed. The most enjoyable part of the job is creating and maintaing a harmonious atmosphere which in itself lends to a safe and pleasurable pre flight scenario for the travelling public. – less
unprofessional management
g4s employee but willig to escape (Current Employee), EdmontonMarch 4, 2013
This company may have good reputation outside Edmonton and worldwide too but here in Edmonton its one of the worst security company I ever wored with I did not quiet or they lay me off but they just refuse and pretend there is no site for you specially when you refuse to do unsafe job during winter storms like shoveling outside a huge amount of snow – more... or you refuse to give up your dignity and to be used as a tool not human being don't specially apply at shell Scott Ford there are bunch of gang group of senior workers they hate new hire if u don't blieve ask how many guard been there just for last six months I love this company first time I applied with but am disappointed with the office system here in Edmonton but I hope the head office will listen to many guards and care about us the same way they care about there contracts – less

June 18, 2013

I work for G4S Edmonton and they are a very good management and very professional. They treat you with respect,and schedule you with no problems. I don't know what this person is talking about because the office is always very professional and I never have problems with my schedule. I am always treated fairly and you are always given good shifts with days off when you need it. They help and listen if you have problems if you have them. You are part of a really good group hear and very good in the city of Edmonton.

June 18, 2013

I have worked at my site for over 5 years and have seen many management changes at this branch and they are all for the better!! The new management that has been there for the past year or so treat you with respect, fairly, help you with any questions, and want to place you at the best site that works with yoru schedule. you don't find that with many security companies (coming from BC) so I am very happy where I am. Alot of companies play favorites with thier guards but this branch doesn't. You are treated fairly and get to work at really good sites in downtown edmonton airport shell scotford or Td banks. many good good sites to choose from!

Meeting people of different background on daily basis
Security Guard (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 19, 2013
Pros: bonus of $100 on christmas
Cons: sometime 12 hours long shifts
In g4s as security guard provided security to the employees of the company in downtown building of Dundee Life Plaza, Husky, Century Park Place,. Prohibit any illegal entry in the building or any illegal activities like drinking trespassing and so on. I learned to be patient against angry clients for the better of my safety and people around me. Management – more... was really helpful and approachable on daily basis constant communication was required with building manager on daily basis related to problems within the building. Most of the site I was workig alone but did work with other guards on few occasions communication is important and they were very helpful and approachable. I think it will have to be working alone was the hardest part of the job. I enjoyed meeting people from different cultural background and differents statuses. – less
Security (Former Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONFebruary 10, 2013
Management needs work and a change in attitude.
Shifts not organized at all and information is mislead
fast pace, quiet environment
Assembler (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJanuary 23, 2013
I worked for G4S justice service about 4 months. good people, but in some days production gets slow and some tasks are continuous so be prepare to endure the boredom.
horrible company
security guard (Current Employee), toronto, ontarioDecember 29, 2012
Pros: absolutely none
Cons: pay rates, no raises, not given proper breaks. the list goes on
absolutely noneoronto office and all this company does is take advantage of the guards. Been working with g4s toronto branch for 4 yrs and over the 4 yrs i have gotten 1 raise of 50 cents. They just don't care about any of the guards .I work at a TD bank and have absolutely no means of protection. No vest no baton no cuffs no nothing. I'm not even getting – more... proper breaks. Sorry to say but i would not advise anyone to work for them. Payroll messes up often, scheduling omg i don't want to get into how often they mess up. If any management is reading this start treating us guards with the respect we deserve. Stop taking advantage of us. – less
worst mistake of my life
by-law enforcement officer (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBDecember 20, 2012
pathetic with absolutely nothing that can be said to the positive
A very nice and friendly place to work.
Security Guard (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBNovember 27, 2012
Pros: i was given a site i was familar with, the people that i was working for were very friendly, i learned different ways on how to better my experiences of a security guard.
I am happy that I got to work here because it was a very friendly company that I worked with when I first got to Winnipeg, Manitoba. I am glad that I got the chance to work here and wish that I was still working here. Some of the things that I liked well I was working here was I learned different ways on how to do my patrols, I was given a site that – more... I was familar with when I was working Security in Edmonton, AB, learned how to do better report writing and the caretakers were very friendly and cleaned up things right away when I called them. – less
good superviser
Site Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 12, 2012
Pros: good company
Cons: long hours
good company but lay off a lot long hours and have to work midnight's
productive, efficient
Security Officer (Site Supervisor) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 4, 2012
Pros: lots of free time
Cons: long hours
A typical work day is that you are either dealing with a fire alarm, leak problem, ambulance emergency, or a trespass. I learnt how to be proactive and to react fast in all sort of emergencies situations. The management is nice, they listen to your concerns and keep that in their record. I found that easy to deal with co-workers. The secret is to find – more... out what type of person they are and to be friend with them accordingly. The hardest part of the job is that you are called in the middle of the night sometimes to cover a shift for a late or absent guard. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you have lots of free time. You can use this time to actually improve your skills and to be an excellent employee. – less
G4S
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONOctober 11, 2012
Pros: available work
Cons: organization
Company needs to provide staff with better support staff in the branch offices, however those I woked with were great.
Bad management
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee), North York, ONSeptember 4, 2012
Cons: almost everything
They will leave you out to dry. One thing goes wrong and you are pushed under the table. They don't pay for travel. Management care about themselves and not the workers under them.

December 29, 2012

You speak the truth right here. If i wasn't a single mother i wouldn't still be working for this pathetic excuse for a company

Fun and Challenging
Security Guard, Parking Enforcement Officer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 30, 2012
Pros: not a boring job
Cons: shift work
Mostly access control, making sure the right people are allowed in. Help with general directions and rules. Investigations of theft, property damage, communications with property management and employer. Booking reservations, check-ins, and general problem solving.
Overall wasn't a bad part time job
Part time Security Officer (Former Employee), Brockville, ONAugust 17, 2012
Pros: management, decent hours
Cons: some sometimes shortage of work
I worked here just part time, so it worked for what I needed. All and all I had a pleasant experience.
WORKING AT G4S WAS FUN AND ENJOYABLE
Financial Controller (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 16, 2012
Pros: we are very free to work with miniumum supervision from the management
Cons: not much to report
I was attached to the Finance Department at G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd as the Corporate Controller.

My daily routine is looking after the company books, treasury reporting, banking details and looking after a staff of between 8 to 10 persons on a daily basis and solving problems and issues.
fun to work for
Site Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Windsor, ONAugust 1, 2012
Pros: good pepole
Cons: not a lot of work
this company was good to work for but not a lot of work good people to work for and tried you right
Horrible work environment
CIT GUARD (Former Employee), edmonton albertaJuly 28, 2012
Cons: everything above
G4S is with out a doubt the worst company i have ever worked for as a armed guard in edmonton the managers are the worst people in the world they will treat you like a tool and suspend you when you refuse todo unsafe work they brushed of the employees that are stressed out over the university shooting no concealing available. With out a doubt the most – more... corrupt money hungry place to work ever. – less

November 25, 2012

The management was helpful and assiting during this difficult time in the company. Equipment (Trucks) are not new and need improvement but I was listened to and respected. All safety issues were delt with quickly and effectively.

Security officer (Current Employee), Fort mcmurrayMay 4, 2012
It is a real good place to work the pay isn't really that good but for the amount of work u do it is ok plus the people r awesome.
Good staff to work with.
SECURITY GUARD (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 20, 2012
Pros: good staff
Cons: no work for guards who want to work
I enjoy working for G4S, but there needs to be more steady work. I have gone down from 40hrs to almost nothing. I HAVE RENT AND BILLS to pay I can"t with these, hrs.

August 15, 2012

Llewellyn security, Group 4 flack security guard 5 experience CPR first aid course

strong business culture
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 13, 2012
good company to work for, strong business culture, great people.
company moving forward quickly to become leading Security Solutions Company

About G4S

G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in secure outsourcing in countries – Read more