G4S

G4S Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work Environment is amazing, management stressfull
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: paid training
Cons: favortism
I worked as a contract worker for Lakeridge Health for 5 years. The nursing staff were amazing, my team fantastic.

This position was stressful in itself, training minimum and discipline harsh.
fairly repetitiive, fairly easy and needed to document everything beaware of surroundings
Security Guard (Former Employee), fort saskatchewanJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: fairly simple
Cons: repettive
had an agenda we had to follow and account for all we have done. check all areas for any problems
by far the worst job I have had
custodian (Former Employee), EdmontonJanuary 14, 2014
Cons: management fellow employees
The management was absolute unprofessional trash and all needed to be replaced.. they hire just about any person off of the street making the work environment absoloutley terrible.. new people are treated like garbage because of the shooting..and some of them act as if they are police officers due to having a gun or as an excuse to do so.. DO NOT APPLY
Gross mismanagement and incompetence at upper management level, totally disconnected from reality of worksite.
Acting Area Manager /HSE Officer (Former Employee), KOSPDecember 21, 2013
Pros: networking
Cons: completely incompetent upper management, deliberate mismanagement of contract by calgary/edmonton offices.
Enjoyed working with professionals like Fluor and IOL, but head office in Calgary/Edmonton were completely and utterly incapable of managing a contract of this nature. Deliberate and belligerent mismanagement resulted in excessive turnover, low morale, improper hiring and training practices, and rampant breach of contract.
I FEEL SAFE AND I AM VERY HAPPY WITH G4S
Security Guard (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 21, 2013
MY OVER ALL REVIEW EXCELLENCE IN THIS FIELD
G4S IS AN EXCELLENT PLACE TO WORK THEY GIVE YOU A CHOICE ON WHERE YOU CAN WORK AND COWORKERS ARE AWSOME NEVER STAB YOU IN THE BACK ALWAYS HAVE YOUR BACK IN TIME OF NEED.
Industrial Security
Security Guard (Current Employee), London, OntarioDecember 7, 2013
Once you get on a big site your in a good spot and the job is great
good coworkers, just not secure..wages fluctuate
Security Officer / Mobile Security (Current Employee), albertaNovember 10, 2013
Pros: first job, late years job or close tp retirement is good
Cons: low pay, no job security
Security, is a good place for new job market, but job security is minimal, advancement is not an option.
No Thank you
Security Life Safety Officer (Former Employee), EtobicokeNovember 9, 2013
Very demanding, and not rewarding. No job security or room for improvement
Not a good place
Security Guard (Current Employee), Timmins, ONSeptember 20, 2013
Not a good place to work poor management and always make mistakes on pays
Always something new
Security Guard (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONSeptember 16, 2013
Patrolled every a hour
hade to perform medical attention when needed
Terrible hours
Security Guard (Former Employee), Harmony LogisiticsSeptember 11, 2013
Pros: steady work
Cons: no support from management
I checked incoming and outgoing loads while working in the guard house.
It's a start to enter security
Security Guard (Current Employee), Brampton, ONSeptember 8, 2013
Working in the hospital is really busy at times.
Supervisors are fun to work with and learn from.
Co-workers are great
Working 12 hour shifts is hard.
Learning and working with my team is enjoyable.
quit and safe
Security Guard (Former Employee), Regina, SKSeptember 2, 2013
Pros: they trusted me and gave me a huge responsibility
Cons: it was hort i should back to school to finish my education.
I learned how should i be responsible in my job. i worked 8 hours a day and 3 days in week.
hard to balance personal life with work life and terrible employee relations
Security Officer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 1, 2013
When i was hired I was informed that I would be placed in a full time position guaranteed, for the first month i worked for no more than 2 days . My last location there I had requested a location somewhat close to home as i was promised in the interview and I was placed at a location outside of the city on the opposite side of Calgary from me, my commute – more... in the morning was an hour on the best day but usually ended up being close to 2 and a half hours. I worked 12 hour days which i was expecting in a security company but ended up spending 16 hours on average a day working and getting there/back then the rest sleeping so i could work the next day i didnt get to see my family for more that 5 minutes a day and when i saw them they were asleep. when i requested a closer location to home i was pulled off the location I was on and left without any work for 5 months even though i kept contacting checking on progress for new locations and nothing came of it until i received a letter in the mail that read: our records show that you have not worked for 5 months with us and we will assume that if you do not contact us before said date we will be terminating your employment. upon reading this i immediately sent an email to inform hr that I have been trying to get a shift with the company and that i would like to continue working with them but never received any confirmation that the email was even received so i went into the office to discuss the matter face to face to hear that they had apparently responded 3 times to my email however i had never received anything and they informed me that my employment had been terminated and that my final check would be in 2 weeks later when i went in to pick my check the employee behind the desk couldnt find it and proceeded to tell me that it had been lost. it took them close to another month to find my check. – less
Various postings
Security Guard (Former Employee), Sudbury ON.August 23, 2013
Very unsatisfied with this company i worked for about two months, every paycheck was wrong or late my first paycheck was a week late i would not work for this company again.
My workplace is very team oriented and great to work with
Security Guard (Current Employee), Timmins, ONJuly 4, 2013
Pros: our security supervisor for our site is very understandable and flexible when time off is needed.
Cons: the days can be long working 12 hour shifts but its not too bad.
Im contracted out to a Mine and work 12 hour nightshifts. It's fairly quiet on the site now since the 2010 shut down and hundreds of workers were laid off. When the site was booming is was constantly busy. Everyday we learn new things as time changes things get upgraded but its great to learn new things.I work with a great team, we all work together – more... to get tasks done. i enjoy the people that I work with, after being with a company for a few years they become family. – less
Condo Guard
Security Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 23, 2013
Pros: easy and stress free
Cons: not always time to eat.
Working as a condo guard is detailed but stress free job. It is a typical routine and has many opportunities to work with a wide range of people.
Great Company
Security Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 18, 2013
Pros: diverse experiences
Cons: night shift was difficult. no sleep
As supervisor, no two days were ever the same. I had to drive to 3 different campuses and also 3 offices to check on guards and make sure all was safe at each site.
My co workers were great and loved me since I was the one distributing coffee!
good work environment
Experienced and worked as a team lead (Current Employee), TORONTO, ONJune 13, 2013
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK WOULD BE LIKE. STARTING SHIFT PROVINDING ACCESS INTRACTING WITH PEOPLE AND LEARN ABOUT THE WORKERS AND THE ENVIROMENT DAY BY DAY.
Fun place to work, Never a dull moment
Field Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 22, 2013
Supervise guards, review site orders and inspecting sites.

About G4S

G4S is the leading global integrated security company specialising in the provision of security products, services and solutions. The – Read more