G4S Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun people to work with exciting environments, low paying, no career building opportunities.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed the places I would work and the people I would work with and encounter. The pay was very low and didn't not increase for lengthy periods of time. I did enjoy working with the company for most reasons other than financial.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Low Pay Rate
productive workplace wit comitted staff who help build your future
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONMarch 6, 2015
working for G4S Security Solutions has provided me with many skills and training for my future. The management team is very supportive and are always available to listen to the staff. the hardest part of my job is dealing with traumatic situations. I am able to professionally respond to situations but sometimes situations are emotionally effective towards the team. I enjoy working with this company because of the development it has on my future and goals
benefits
No respect for employees
Security Guard and Relief Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONJune 30, 2016
The worst company I have ever worked for. After 8 years I get passed over for the supervisor position and then I'm told my 40 hour a week day job has been reduced to 2 12 hour day shifts on the weekend. Had also worked as relief supervisor and they give the job to a person that doesn't have a clue.
Pros
dealing with the general public on a daily basis
Cons
Poor management
great people to work with and good hours to work
High Risk Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJanuary 25, 2016
i learned a lot working at G4S
Management could have been a lot better
had great co-workers
hardest part of my job was dealing with all the suicide attempts
the most enjoyable part is the interaction with the people
Pros
lots of hours to work
Cons
little pay and management is poor
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Timmins, ONMarch 20, 2016
the job is great to work for, you are always learning new things depending on where you are, some of the co-workers are ok depending on where you are, the hardest part of the job would be when the people that are working with you don't work together as a team, the most enjoyable part of the job is when you work together as a team.
Productive and a good place to work
Vault Administrator/Armoured Guard/Custodian (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 24, 2015
Its a good place to work, lots of proof reading is involved. It is hectic at times but pretty steady. Management is pretty cooperative.
Pros
Paid Lunches, Overtime, Enjoyable Work Environment
Cons
Everything is Timed. You can get behind schedule very easily if not alert and prioritized.
flight center at kearl
Screener and Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 28, 2015
It is a very good employer .I learned to be more professional with G4S.The management encourage us all the time to show professionalism with clients. My co-workers are brothers and sisters to me. The hardest part of the job is when we go outside under the weather of -40 to go scan vehicles. when I am by myself in the bird house to wait for the vehicles to come before I scan them and let them go by pressing the botton .
Not Bad
Armed Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 18, 2015
Gardaworld was good while it lasted until they wanted to cut benefits and pension. Not very good to employees. Just a number.
Pros
Good job
Cons
overnights
Decent company to get your start in the Security industry
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2016
G4S is large company with many positions and therefore opportunities for horizontal and vertical movement. They offer solid employee training and a very diverse make-up of sites to work at depending on your experience/interests.
Great company where yo can grow
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Days are always different
Management is great
Co-workers are good team players
Always learn something new
Chance to grow within the company
productive and fun place to work
Control Room Administrator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCJune 18, 2016
excellent way to learn and value the meaning of customer service
constantly keeping busy and learning the value of managing time and providing efficient customer service effectively
The working environment was bit harsh because of the weather but other than that the salary was not bad.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Security, COJanuary 6, 2016
Personable individual that enjoys interacting with customers; a sincere desire to establish lasting and ongoing customer relations to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction and sales. Solution oriented with an understanding and empathetic approach to meeting customer needs.
Pros
we had little time to enjoy
Cons
cant say anything negative
Happy place to work
bilingual service coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 4, 2016
Enjoyed working with people. Always new tasks to take on. People generally all meshed well. It is hectic at times but pretty steady. Management is pretty cooperative.
Private Investigator/ Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
everyday s different
learn new things
good expiriences
Productive with fun
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 19, 2015
A typical Day starts and ends easily. Learnt team work, Data entry, Customer Service. Management was good but less attentive. Co-workers were great, good team. Night shift was the only hard thing. Some nights you do nothing and just enjoy.
Pros
Preferred Hours
Cons
Less Benefits
hard work depending on site
Security Guard at Art Gallery Of Hamilton (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 3, 2016
lot of work for not a lot of pay and no good benefits for full time workers, high turn over rate. could use more sites and better pay for staff
Pros
non
Cons
pay could be higher
High Turnover
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCMarch 18, 2015
Extremely high turnover for mid-level management jobs, which leads to a low experience base.

Upper-level managers appear to be unaware of what is actually happening on the floor with the staff members and performance issues. Many double standards regarding enforcing safety procedures when they are not being followed.
Pros
some benefits
Cons
mediocre management
Great people, at the work site
Full- Time Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 7, 2016
They don't need you anymore if you become pregnant. Very unhappy with their union reps too that take sides of the company and do not listen to yours
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Need to re-invent themselves
SERVICE DELIVERY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCJune 2, 2016
Very little to no support for management team in Kelowna. Poor accounting process. Staff seldom if ever paid correctly, lead to bitter staff.
Pros
non
Cons
countless
Meh.
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  HamiltonMay 24, 2015
The job itself is the same as any other security company, except now your paid $11.50 with a union and other benefits (foot care).