G4S Employee Reviews in Canada

No respect for employees
Security Guard and Relief Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONJune 30, 2016
The worst company I have ever worked for. After 8 years I get passed over for the supervisor position and then I'm told my 40 hour a week day job has been reduced to 2 12 hour day shifts on the weekend. Had also worked as relief supervisor and they give the job to a person that doesn't have a clue.
Pros
dealing with the general public on a daily basis
Cons
Poor management
flight center at kearl
Screener and Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 28, 2015
It is a very good employer .I learned to be more professional with G4S.The management encourage us all the time to show professionalism with clients. My co-workers are brothers and sisters to me. The hardest part of the job is when we go outside under the weather of -40 to go scan vehicles. when I am by myself in the bird house to wait for the vehicles to come before I scan them and let them go by pressing the botton .
An active workplace, with a lot of operations to keep occupied
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
-I learned how to be the best professional security guard I can possibly be, no matter what conflict of interest there is portrayed onto me personally, and never to let it interfere with work performance

-The coworkers are nice people, if you know how to communicate and adapt to differential norms and put it to your advantage ( in a good way)

- The most enjoyable part of a day at work, would be the interactions with people from all around the world and working with law enforcement from various backgrounds
Pros
Cons
Anything
Greeting new faces to the buiding
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 2, 2015
Management and Supervisor are very supportive and helpful when making hard decisions. The most enjoyable thing about my job was being able to learn new skills and work ethnics from my colleagues.
Pros
Free breakfast
Happy place to work
bilingual service coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 4, 2016
Enjoyed working with people. Always new tasks to take on. People generally all meshed well. It is hectic at times but pretty steady. Management is pretty cooperative.
Private Investigator/ Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
everyday s different
good work environment
team players
good management
all different shifts available
learn new things
good expiriences
Productive and a good place to work
Vault Administrator/Armoured Guard/Custodian (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 24, 2015
Its a good place to work, lots of proof reading is involved. It is hectic at times but pretty steady. Management is pretty cooperative.
Pros
Paid Lunches, Overtime, Enjoyable Work Environment
Cons
Everything is Timed. You can get behind schedule very easily if not alert and prioritized.
Just a job.
Manager/Mobile Patrol Unit Hamilton/Niagara Region (Current Employee) –  Hamilton/Niagara RegionsJune 6, 2016
Enjoy the work despite the poor support from upper management. Workplace culture thrives at a lower level with a lot of employee dissatisfaction.
Pros
My position allows me to schedule shifts including my own.
Cons
Low paying. Lots of stress due to low support levels from support services.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Timmins, ONMarch 20, 2016
the job is great to work for, you are always learning new things depending on where you are, some of the co-workers are ok depending on where you are, the hardest part of the job would be when the people that are working with you don't work together as a team, the most enjoyable part of the job is when you work together as a team.
Decent company to get your start in the Security industry
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2016
G4S is large company with many positions and therefore opportunities for horizontal and vertical movement. They offer solid employee training and a very diverse make-up of sites to work at depending on your experience/interests.
Fun people to work with exciting environments, low paying, no career building opportunities.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed the places I would work and the people I would work with and encounter. The pay was very low and didn't not increase for lengthy periods of time. I did enjoy working with the company for most reasons other than financial.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Low Pay Rate
Good management
Agent service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 26, 2015
People r always helping you to learn new things every day very help ful management learning new things everyday was thé best part of this company
Pros
Good friendly atmosphere
Very challenging mentally & physically
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONJuly 7, 2015
Totally different than my business career. A refreshing change after 7 years of retirement.
G4S is a very good company and has treated me fairly.
Upward mobility in the Peterborough area is my goal...personnel management and development of Security contracts is my next goal.
Pros
Four days on four days off.
Cons
The upward mobility seems to be their biggest challenge for the Peterborough area.
productive workplace wit comitted staff who help build your future
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONMarch 6, 2015
working for G4S Security Solutions has provided me with many skills and training for my future. The management team is very supportive and are always available to listen to the staff. the hardest part of my job is dealing with traumatic situations. I am able to professionally respond to situations but sometimes situations are emotionally effective towards the team. I enjoy working with this company because of the development it has on my future and goals
benefits
Cons
productive and fun place to work
Control Room Administrator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCJune 18, 2016
excellent way to learn and value the meaning of customer service
constantly keeping busy and learning the value of managing time and providing efficient customer service effectively
hard work depending on site
Security Guard at Art Gallery Of Hamilton (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 3, 2016
lot of work for not a lot of pay and no good benefits for full time workers, high turn over rate. could use more sites and better pay for staff
Pros
non
Cons
pay could be higher
Need to re-invent themselves
SERVICE DELIVERY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCJune 2, 2016
Very little to no support for management team in Kelowna. Poor accounting process. Staff seldom if ever paid correctly, lead to bitter staff.
Pros
non
Cons
countless
Great people, at the work site
Full- Time Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 7, 2016
They don't need you anymore if you become pregnant. Very unhappy with their union reps too that take sides of the company and do not listen to yours
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
productive
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 7, 2016
improved communication skills
stress management
developed interpersonnel skills
better customer service
the best part of the company is the its employes
Time at G4S
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 30, 2016
I was never properly trained and the management was not very understanding about my school. Had to leave my position because I could not manage work and school.