G4S Employee Reviews

Decent company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 November 2016
Hours and shifts are all over the place. Human resource manager is great and most employees are easy to get along with. No future in this company doing security as there is really no advancement.
Slow with no achievements accomplished
Patient Watch Guard (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON5 February 2016
For this short term employment I did not enjoy. I felt that I was bullied where I was located with the company. For 12 hours I had to sit in a chair not able to move and watch patients that had been considered unstable and were placed on "forms." When a patient in the hospital is "formed" that means they have to be monitored all hours of the day and night till the form has expired or been removed.

The hardest part for me is the fact I was not able to move around and it being a very slow pace job. For the 12 hours we were only allowed to have one 30 minute break which was hard as well on the body.
Cons
Long hours with 1 short break, no stable hours, rude co-workers, no benefits, low wage
supportive and friendly work place
Concierge, Patrol (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2016
management offer positive support and help to develop employees , friendly work place and helpful team members
easy flow of information to help employee provide best service to client .
Security industry
Mobile Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 September 2016
For some reason in the field of security, regardless of where in the country you work, everyone seems to lack any sort of common sense, courtesy, and dignity toward each other. The job itself doesn't require any skill or trade yet most people in this field think they're working in the swat team! These people desperately need a reality check. Also the entire mobile team in g4s including the supervisors all they do is steal gas while lying about other people stealing gas and blaming others. I've never met so many twisted and mentally sick people in my life while working here.
There's nothing good in this job.
Former by-law compliance (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 August 2016
Do not apply, this will be the worst mistake of your life. If I could rate this with 0 stars I would. I do not recommend anyone applying here. Poor management and poor staff. Do not ever ever apply here.
Pros
Cons
Everything about this job
Avoid like crazy
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 July 2016
Worst company I have ever worked for. Management is terrible. The job is dull and exhausting with short breaks. And they deduct a lot of money from pay and will release your pay late. There are lots of other security companies to work at, avoid this one.
Pros
Lived close to place assigned
No respect for employees
Security Guard and Relief Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON30 June 2016
The worst company I have ever worked for. After 8 years I get passed over for the supervisor position and then I'm told my 40 hour a week day job has been reduced to 2 12 hour day shifts on the weekend. Had also worked as relief supervisor and they give the job to a person that doesn't have a clue.
Pros
dealing with the general public on a daily basis
Cons
Poor management
Productive and Motivated
Toronto Mobile Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2016
Everyday at work should be a productive day. In order to have such, I follow a pattern. I start my days with a To-Do List. Some are menial jobs, which can be performed by the end of the work day. Others are long term goals where I am required to put in the effort daily in order to achieve them. I push myself to stay patient through the emotional challenges that come with work. I schedule short and appropriate social time with co-workers in order to build good working rapport and keep myself refreshed.
Good Employer
Site Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2016
Working in G4S has been a great experience over all. The executive management is helpful and cooperative. The wages are competitive.
Long and flexible hours
Currently a Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2016
would have to do 8 or more hours and night shifts are brutal, co workers are fun people to talk to and management are organized and professional
Pros
free food
G4S Working Environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2016
G4S is one of the leading security company located in heart of North America (Toronto).

- Great working environment.
- Management team is excellent motivator.
- Hands on training, One of the best instructors and teacher is industry. Training such as CPR, handling situations in stress environment, leadership training, etc.
- Individual employees are valued in company from junior to senior level.
Pros
Amazing Character, integrity, moral building experience.
Cons
Long working hours, Which i love.
okay training but the work environments were fun to work in
Security Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North York, ON5 October 2016
G4s helped me out a lot with being able to accommodate my working hours and the sites they sent me to were really great places to work in. My only issue with G4s was the scheduling department, it seemed like they only wanted to get off the phone as quickly as possible instead of helping out when someone needed it.
Worst job with just a bunch of old people who hate their lives
bi law officer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 January 2017
first of all.

they waste your time. they are not helpful all the people in the office seen like they are tired of their lives or something. I'm a good guy if not great and very respectful but I could not stand anyone in that office and they are just rude and not helpful.

what a waste of my time will never ever go there again.
Pros
non
Cons
everything
Its good survival job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 December 2016
I am a new immigrant and for me not much is available in the market. Security is a good start. I am thankful to the organization for their confidence in me.
Learn lot of things, help to build my Canadian experience.
Not all that great
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 December 2016
Hours are not good or stable and they give you a hard time taking time off even when you have legitimate emergency reasons. Pay rate is awful, barely livable wages. Definitely would not recommend people to come here.
Cons
do not pay well and not many hours available
Great job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON12 January 2017
Love everything to do with this company. I have worked for hospitals, Mayors, police, and with a lot of people. A lot of shifts when I worked. There was day shifts and night shifts. Patrols were great and the desk jobs as well. I don't have any negative words to say about the company
Pros
Meet a lot of people
Awesome Company to work for!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 December 2016
One of the Best jobs I've ever had and worked with people from all over the world. Very rewarding job. Miss working up North and if I had the opportunity to work with this Company again I would with no hesitation.
Love working for them
Security Guard/Team Lead/Mobile (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB/Calgary21 September 2016
Helped out in Fort McMurray after the Wildfire worked with an amazing team starting from the top all the way to the lonely guards everybody was treated with respect. I miss it up there hope to go back soon. My camp job was paying 21 an hour my mobile pays a little less but I'm close to my family
Pros
Make friends see more of the province
Cons
Can be lobg hours away from home
patrolled building, food court and parkade for both day and night shifts.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 December 2016
I am hard working I did quality job and safety frist , I am honest , quick learner. provided security surevillence for brookfild office properties in dowen towen Calgary.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hour working
Great experience for furthering yourself in the security feild.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON16 February 2016
I really enjoy my time with G4S because I enjoy the line of work and following the procedures day to day procedures. I learned lots about myself and the law enforcement and well as medical field. Our management is great as it is always willing to help and striving for us to become better guards through various training programs. The staff that we work with are all amazing people who have the same mindset and same goals. I would have to say the hardest part of the job and why I am now looking for other work in the amount we get paid. Being a subcontracted security company our wages really reflect the bidding process. The most enjoyable park of the job is being able to make a difference within the hospital and when you are appreciate for keeping staff out of harms way.
Pros
Exciting and fast work environment.
Cons
Wages being low