G4S Employee Reviews in Canada

Clean environment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 25, 2016
I have been working with this security company which i dedicate myself by working hard and by proving myself to others how i work so hard. I solve so many situation even when manager were around which they were so proud on me because how handle my job. The most part of my job i enjoy was dealing with drug addicted people who were smoking in the stairwells in business building which i manage to handle it and make the building clean and clear by dealing with the individual because of my communication skills.
Pros
free gifts
Its a job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2016
Working with this company is alright, I do think management needs some work. They're very unprofessional and also I think the guards aren't paid well enough for the type of hours they work (which are ridiculous by the way). The coworkers are usually the same, you either have the real serious ones or the laid back ones just trying to get through the day. I do love that you get to work kind of independently in a sense that you don't have management over your back; but you may or may not have a coworker to have your back in case of a situation. I think I learned to make the most of this job while I'm here because working overnight leaves you with a lot of dead time to figure out life or learn other things while on the job. I think majority of the reason people choose to work here is because it does provide you with the hours you might need. So overall i'd say working with this company is alright. Its a job at the end of the day and that is why the majority of guards are working here.
Pros
Benefits program
Worse company not professional
Hospital Securtity (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONFebruary 17, 2016
Not a company to rely on. They should only hire people that really don't need the money. The will drop you so quick and not care. For what you have to do it is not worth it.Worse company ever
Cons
Horrible pay. Treat you horrible
Great experience for furthering yourself in the security feild.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONFebruary 16, 2016
I really enjoy my time with G4S because I enjoy the line of work and following the procedures day to day procedures. I learned lots about myself and the law enforcement and well as medical field. Our management is great as it is always willing to help and striving for us to become better guards through various training programs. The staff that we work with are all amazing people who have the same mindset and same goals. I would have to say the hardest part of the job and why I am now looking for other work in the amount we get paid. Being a subcontracted security company our wages really reflect the bidding process. The most enjoyable park of the job is being able to make a difference within the hospital and when you are appreciate for keeping staff out of harms way.
Pros
Exciting and fast work environment.
Cons
Wages being low
Working with G4S was a great learning experience!
Security (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 14, 2016
Working with G4S opens many doors and opportunities in the future. I have worked at the airport, city of Toronto properties and Rogers Headquarters. All the places help me expand on my knowledge in the security industry.
Great teammates but poor management
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 10, 2016
depending on which site you work, a typical day is either fun or boring - just make the environment conducive to your liking.

learned how not to operate in management, lacks vision, has little to no care or concern for guards or their well being/safety. more concerned with needs of clients rather than offer flexibility and support for staff.

great teammates - would not replace them at all!

hardest part of the job is being placed at a site with no form information concerning that specific work sites.

the most enjoyable part is having customers, residents or even clients showing more concern and or care, respect and appreciation for your time and work.
Pros
Nothing!
Slow with no achievements accomplished
Patient Watch Guard (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONFebruary 5, 2016
For this short term employment I did not enjoy. I felt that I was bullied where I was located with the company. For 12 hours I had to sit in a chair not able to move and watch patients that had been considered unstable and were placed on "forms." When a patient in the hospital is "formed" that means they have to be monitored all hours of the day and night till the form has expired or been removed.

The hardest part for me is the fact I was not able to move around and it being a very slow pace job. For the 12 hours we were only allowed to have one 30 minute break which was hard as well on the body.
Cons
Long hours with 1 short break, no stable hours, rude co-workers, no benefits, low wage
ll
Technical Project Lead Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2016
Typical day starts at 8- 5. There are reviews from the previous day

G4S has remarkable people that works there . team players

The hardest part f the job is trying to get things done on the Budget that is available
Pros
Pleasant location
Cons
Salary very low
Happy place to work
bilingual service coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 4, 2016
Enjoyed working with people. Always new tasks to take on. People generally all meshed well. It is hectic at times but pretty steady. Management is pretty cooperative.
An active workplace, with a lot of operations to keep occupied
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
-I learned how to be the best professional security guard I can possibly be, no matter what conflict of interest there is portrayed onto me personally, and never to let it interfere with work performance

-The coworkers are nice people, if you know how to communicate and adapt to differential norms and put it to your advantage ( in a good way)

- The most enjoyable part of a day at work, would be the interactions with people from all around the world and working with law enforcement from various backgrounds
Pros
Cons
Anything
Private Investigator/ Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
everyday s different
good work environment
team players
good management
all different shifts available
learn new things
good expiriences
Great company where yo can grow
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Days are always different
Management is great
Co-workers are good team players
Always learn something new
Chance to grow within the company
Worked for G 4 S since Nov ; 24 / 09
Patrol Guard & Parking Enforcement (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Patrols of 2 condominiums common areas from all floors & garage levels . Also , parking enforcement visitor parking lots .
And by permission from the owners parking spot to ticket unauthorized vehicles .
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Work long hours week ends 12 hour shifts
Challanging and rewarding
Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 30, 2016
Security Manager,
A typical day at Garda would start with a meeting to see where everyone was at, what had happened the previous shift, and what to expect for the upcoming shift. Through the day I would delegate staff different responsibilities, meet with senior management, develope policy and proceedures, liase with outside agencies, assist staff, etc. The management was awesome, I felt very supported in my position and knew I had a great resourse in the senior management.
The most difficult part of this position was having to disciplin staff. I don't think anyone likes to be disciplined.
The best part of my duties was watching my employees succeed.
Pros
meeting new people, learning from some of the best, acheving goals
Cons
being on call, having to dismiss people from their positions.
Terrible scheduling department
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 28, 2016
The scheduling department was incredibly inconsistent and tough to reach. There were a few times where they would schedule you for a shift that didn't exist or was canceled.
great people to work with and good hours to work
High Risk Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJanuary 25, 2016
i learned a lot working at G4S
Management could have been a lot better
had great co-workers
hardest part of my job was dealing with all the suicide attempts
the most enjoyable part is the interaction with the people
Pros
lots of hours to work
Cons
little pay and management is poor
Decent company to get your start in the Security industry
Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 14, 2016
G4S is large company with many positions and therefore opportunities for horizontal and vertical movement. They offer solid employee training and a very diverse make-up of sites to work at depending on your experience/interests.
The working environment was bit harsh because of the weather but other than that the salary was not bad.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Security, COJanuary 6, 2016
Personable individual that enjoys interacting with customers; a sincere desire to establish lasting and ongoing customer relations to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction and sales. Solution oriented with an understanding and empathetic approach to meeting customer needs.
Pros
we had little time to enjoy
Cons
cant say anything negative
Not as good as they make it seem
security (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 29, 2015
during my time here I've only seen guards come and go a lot don't stay due to the pay and treatment. some job require you to risk your safety and it goes unrecognized by G4s. they only promote WHO THEY LIKE not to the ones who deserve it. management treats employees bad with no cares for there personal life or family. they do not keep there word. and will remove you from a site for minimal reasons also THEY DON'T LIKE NATURAL LEADERS.
benefits
Cons
management
Good management
Agent service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 26, 2015
People r always helping you to learn new things every day very help ful management learning new things everyday was thé best part of this company
Pros
Good friendly atmosphere