G4S Employee Reviews

fun and flexible workplace , no advancement opportunities
SECURITY GUARD (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 January 2017
needs improvement when it comes to benefits and getting the guard's their coverage.

no chances for career advancement.
Pros
job flexibility.
Cons
boring, far, low salary.
Good company to start with
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON13 July 2016
I've been with G4S for almost 3 years now. They are a decent company to work for. Wages aren't good, though, and the benefits are okay. They only cover dental care, prescriptions and eye care. Any physical therapy, such as massages or chiropractic care, is not covered. Management is decent. They try to help you out as best they can. There aren't much incentives. For example; no raises, hard to get onto a better paying site. Overall, they're a decent company to work for if you are just starting out.
Pros
Good jobs, decent management
Cons
Wages are too low, sometimes you don't get enough hours
Best Job i ever had!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2016
great sites that allowed a great balance between life and work. Well trained and prepared for every site......I would recommend them to anyone looking to gain experience in the law enforcement feild!
Pros
Great Sites
Cons
Cant think of any
great learning curves and has benfits/union
Loss Prevention Officer{trainer} (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON27 September 2016
busy, hard work, great amount of paper work/ reports, hardest part of the job is working with individuals who may not work as hard as you or care as much, but if you are able to focus just on yourself, all will be ok.
Good experienced in security field
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB21 January 2017
good experienced people working with also well organised management.
proud to worked there.
love to work 14 and 14 in the camp.
12 hours a day.
always safety first.
Great company to work for!
Operations Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC1 November 2016
G4S employs the best people, develops their competence, provide opportunity and inspires them to apply company values.
Pros
Teamwork and collaboration
Cons
24/7 operation - irregular shifts
Wouldn't work for again
Mobile Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2017
Wasn't happy with the office environment. There was no team feeling around the company. Everyone was there for themselves.............................
Pros
Payed
Cons
Lack of professionalism
Productive and cooperative
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 December 2016
-Continued training and improvement professional setting.

-Life and work balance policies.

-Supportive environment
Pros
Responsive management
ok job
Security Guard - 150 Ferrand Drive, suite 1000 (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2016
Typical security guard job... shift work structured job ...minimum wage ...multiple job sites in and around the GTA combination of stnding sitting and walking
Decent company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 November 2016
Hours and shifts are all over the place. Human resource manager is great and most employees are easy to get along with. No future in this company doing security as there is really no advancement.
Security/Screening Officer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC10 January 2017
Learning new things everyday, everything is hands on. Gained a lot of knowledge and experience. Also met some great people and enjoy working with them.
it is a very good
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB1 February 2017
very good experience, learnt many skills in the field of security. from writing all kind of reports to deal with all security situations in a professional way.
No respect for employees
Security Guard and Relief Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON30 June 2016
The worst company I have ever worked for. After 8 years I get passed over for the supervisor position and then I'm told my 40 hour a week day job has been reduced to 2 12 hour day shifts on the weekend. Had also worked as relief supervisor and they give the job to a person that doesn't have a clue.
Pros
dealing with the general public on a daily basis
Cons
Poor management
supportive and friendly work place
Concierge, Patrol (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2016
management offer positive support and help to develop employees , friendly work place and helpful team members
easy flow of information to help employee provide best service to client .
There's nothing good in this job.
Former by-law compliance (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 August 2016
Do not apply, this will be the worst mistake of your life. If I could rate this with 0 stars I would. I do not recommend anyone applying here. Poor management and poor staff. Do not ever ever apply here.
Pros
Cons
Everything about this job
Job Security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 September 2016
There is no such thing as job security at G4S.

working with the company was fun. However, when there are issues arising within a contract, the area managers tend to turn the other cheek and allow the problems to persist, just to save a big contract.

My biggest complaint about G4S is the company allowing someone with no security or supervisory experience to take over the Team Lead position for G4S. The contract is huge for G4S as it is a global contract. However, the individual creates a hazardous work environment, which has caused many people to leave and seek shifts elsewhere.

the biggest pro i have from the company: being able to learn and grow as a security officer. I have learned a lot working with a gentleman who has more than 25 years of security experience. I can say that I can do my job with confidence with all that he has taught me.
Pros
Office staff is the best
Cons
allowing someone with no security or management experience take on the title of supervisor, which is currently happening on one contract.
Great Global Brand Image
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  GTA, Toronto23 November 2016
Am a student and work only part time, my recruiter and other staff, i have met are great to work with.

My attraction to them was there great Global Brand Image.
Avoid like crazy
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 July 2016
Worst company I have ever worked for. Management is terrible. The job is dull and exhausting with short breaks. And they deduct a lot of money from pay and will release your pay late. There are lots of other security companies to work at, avoid this one.
Pros
Lived close to place assigned
Low Wages, Low Opportunities, High Turnover
CAHSO- Health Sciences North (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON24 August 2016
Management was absolutely terrible. Had a few occasions where I had finished a set of shifts, (working full time) and on my days off was told I had to work at other sites for coverage as they had no staff. When I declined, management had threatened to let me go due to not working other sites when I was already scheduled full-time for a specific site. When investigated by the Union, it was ruled in my favor due to good evidence. Union process took ages unfortunately. Management kept no records of any call-ins to keep up seniority and it created a whole new can of worms for many employees.

Job security was always uncertain. First you had to apply for the company, then apply for a specific site, then if you got a specific site started working but then could be removed at any moment and sent to another site without any explanation at all and lack of proper training.
Pros
Great Co-Workers, Interesting Tasks, Unpredictable
Cons
Management, Unethical Practices
Walmart
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 December 2016
Very fun environment and very kind staff , a typical day for me includes patrolling the site , watching for any vagrants , and damage to any of the windows or doors.