G4S Employee Reviews

Its a good company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON21 June 2017
Its a security company.
do patrols, write reports and document any incidents that may occur.
The management seem to care enough to want to work with you when you need support or change in availability,
Pros
Uniform provided, office and management work with your availability.
Cons
wages depend on the site worked.
handling high Volume recruitment
Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 June 2017
Great place to work and gain experience. Great company for someone who would like to work independently with less supervision. Lot of learning opportunities.
Great company
Security Guard; Day & Night Patrol (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON19 June 2017
great company to work for. I secured a government building, customer service, city workers, foot patrols checking boiler rooms, electrical rooms for damages, etc and have to report to maintenance . I worked on the welfare floor, escorting people out of the building sometimes.
Productive and fun working place
Security (Current Employee) –  Tanker Services19 June 2017
As in my interview I have explained that I wanted to be in the army but couldn't so I had an opportunity to serve in uniform at g4s and so far I have been having fun I like to explore a lot but my job im only in one place everyday so I need to go out and explore carry big guns I like that kind of a life challenging life not just wait to nock off
Cons
Its alright place to work for the survival Income.
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 June 2017
There is no real opportunity for Growth and expansion. But still a decent place to work at. Some of the problems are unwanted deductions for the Union from each pay check, difficult to book off for more than 1 day, working on weekends for 12 hour shift. These are the bad aspects. But still If you are thinking to survive than It is alright.
Pros
Pay Checks
Cons
Working weekends, no holidays or day offs, unwanted deductions
Great Company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 June 2017
Great company to work for, I really enjoyed my time with the company and my coworkers who I met while on the job. My site supervisor was great as well
great company to work for
Contract Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 June 2017
They understand that people have lives outside of work, and that these lives might sometimes impinge on (or even take over) their time and attention. They realize that allowing for some work-life give and take means not only that they won’t waste time and money on unnecessary turnover, but that they’ll build loyalty and commitment. They know it’s give and take, not give or take.
Pros
free food
Cons
sometimes too hot in the summer
Challenging, fun.
Regional Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 June 2017
gather and extract data from financial system and provide detailed analysis on a weekly basis and as required.
Prepare weekly forecasts, annual budget,.
Report on monthly variances between actual vs forecast vs budget and provide reasons for variances and work with Regional VP to resolve.
Terrible
Mobile Operations Supervisor (MOS) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2017
This is the worst company u could ever work for. The pay is low the work is horrible and management is the absolute worst. I don't know if a company could be any more I'll run than this one.
Good team environment
Security Guard/ Secondary Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 May 2017
Working with the members of my platoon has helped me grow as a guard/ person. I've learnt how to efficiently perform every day tasks and developed de-escalation techniques. The best part of this job is providing support to our clients and helping to make their day safer.
Dynmic organization going through change management
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto and Vancouver16 May 2017
Contract reviews and forecasting
Review on adequacy of finance team and recruitment of successor
Culture of "caring attitude" of senior management. Hardest part of job relates to teaching non finance managers how to understand importance of forecasting based on complex data.
Pros
Good communications
Cons
No major issues
A great Security company
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 May 2017
G4S has provided me with enough experience in the first 2 months i started working for them than other companies, they also provide exceptional service for both employees and clients and is a great company to work for.
Pros
Flexible hours and Break at your own timing
More hours
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 May 2017
COnvenient and easy location. Front end staff, Great supervisor, always helping and cooperating, Willing to teach, Great training opportunities. Good pay.
Pros
Convenient locations
Okay
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 May 2017
Okay company that finds you a position within their sites but does not necessarily means you will get the desired salary. Minimum pay and in terms of benefits they do have but they do not tell their employees about it.
Good
Security Guard (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2017
Good security company provider. Easily available job. Still continuing there as a security guard. Good pay as well. Build contacts i one year. Also completed more than one year.
Meh workplace.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON1 May 2017
Not a very good workplace at G4S as all the employees there will try to take an advantage of you will it be being late to work intentionally or just taking long breaks and letting you be there alone by yourself to do all the work.
Low wages
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Timmins30 April 2017
Increased workload with no fair pay. Haven't received a wage increase since the day I started. Guards are quitting and management doesn't care.....
Pros
Cons
Low pay
Productive company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 April 2017
A very good experience with this company & I'm a happy fellow to be a part of this company, good working environment makes the difference. Enjoying a lot in Calgary.
Its good for part-time, temp work.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2017
Its good for part-time temp work. Generally either sitting or standing for long periods of time. Very flexible scheduling, usually dont have a direct supervisor.
Not organized
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 April 2017
Good people, not organized though and pay rate is horrible. Takes some time before obtaining a full time position with a somewhat decent pay rate. good for experience on resume.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.