G4S Employee Reviews in Canada

productive and fun place to work
Control Room Administrator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCJune 18, 2016
excellent way to learn and value the meaning of customer service
constantly keeping busy and learning the value of managing time and providing efficient customer service effectively
Just a job.
Manager/Mobile Patrol Unit Hamilton/Niagara Region (Current Employee) –  Hamilton/Niagara RegionsJune 6, 2016
Enjoy the work despite the poor support from upper management. Workplace culture thrives at a lower level with a lot of employee dissatisfaction.
Pros
My position allows me to schedule shifts including my own.
Cons
Low paying. Lots of stress due to low support levels from support services.
hard work depending on site
Security Guard at Art Gallery Of Hamilton (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONJune 3, 2016
lot of work for not a lot of pay and no good benefits for full time workers, high turn over rate. could use more sites and better pay for staff
Pros
non
Cons
pay could be higher
Need to re-invent themselves
SERVICE DELIVERY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCJune 2, 2016
Very little to no support for management team in Kelowna. Poor accounting process. Staff seldom if ever paid correctly, lead to bitter staff.
Pros
non
Cons
countless
Good people, recycled quickly
Senior Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 31, 2016
They were a good place to work, just not the best fit for a career. They train, treat most of the employees consistently and don't have many good placements. This was the only place in temporary staff security that had fair benefits and where employees received accredited training. Pitty, I was slotted out of my job. It didn't sit well with me how I was not included in that decision. I quit for an hour and wage reduction proposal. It was a substantial change that I couldn't handle and was forced upon me. The people are trying hard to be good, but it's rare to have anyone stay employed by them for long periods. The people who do, think as everyone else as filler for someone better. That was my impression of this organization in Calgary. Unfortunately, it's not uncommon in security staffing organizations.
Pros
Free accedited training, has benifits (dental, health, etc.), temp work, continued to try to be better
Cons
Temp work, completely unqualified staff after contract, bad uniforms that you have to buy, uncontrolled and/or unplanned promises occurred often
Time at G4S
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 30, 2016
I was never properly trained and the management was not very understanding about my school. Had to leave my position because I could not manage work and school.
long
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ONMay 25, 2016
i like the customer service aspect of the job, talking with clients makes the day go much quicker. I wish all locations were like this.
Pros
?
G4S Working Environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 11, 2016
G4S is one of the leading security company located in heart of North America (Toronto).

- Great working environment.
- Management team is excellent motivator.
- Hands on training, One of the best instructors and teacher is industry. Training such as CPR, handling situations in stress environment, leadership training, etc.
- Individual employees are valued in company from junior to senior level.
Pros
Amazing Character, integrity, moral building experience.
Cons
Long working hours, Which i love.
Great people, at the work site
Full- Time Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 7, 2016
They don't need you anymore if you become pregnant. Very unhappy with their union reps too that take sides of the company and do not listen to yours
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Long and flexible hours
Currently a Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 20, 2016
would have to do 8 or more hours and night shifts are brutal, co workers are fun people to talk to and management are organized and professional
Pros
free food
Cons
I worked at Karmax Heavy stamping for 11 years ,12 hour shifts on weekends and filled in when someone would be absent. Karmax was great to wor
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONApril 19, 2016
My typical day consisted of regulations of workers and guests into a Car Parts Factory, Handling phone calls ,Log in and out Transport Trucks Patrol inside and out of Warehouse. a 12 hour shift. I learned Safety regulations and how to handle an Emergency situation and CPR. The management treated me with respect. I worked alone in my own security booth but there was another guard at another location which I communicated with throughout my shift. The hardest part of the job probably was the foot patrols as the warehouse was big. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning all the skills of becoming a Security Guard.
Pros
The salary, 12 hour shifts, there was always lots to keep me busy.
G4S has not been able to give me a full time position with in their organization or any advanement oppurtunitys.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Milton, ONApril 19, 2016
As a security guard for the past 15 years I have had a lot of experience. The typical workday consists of foot patrols, log in and out transport trucks, regulations of workers and guests into Sobeys Warehouse , handling phone calls, My co workers are great to work with which is probably my most enjoyable part of the job. I have learned to about safety issues and how to handle emergency situations. The hardest part of the job I think is probably the foot patrols. Management has treated me with respect.
Pros
Working as a team with co workers.
Cons
Not enough job oppurtunity, not enough pay. no training for advancement, working with in my capacity.
lots of hours to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONApril 2, 2016
its okay place to work lots to learn and hours to work not the best pay and poor benefits. company does not really care about you but if your willing to work theres lots to do
Very Enjoyable leaving me feeling productive.
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, ABMarch 29, 2016
There was always something to do and if I was done my work then I would usually ask for more. The day would start off at 6 a.m for 12 hour days and night shift was the same. A typical day was busy needing to organize and process over 100 temporary employees for their orientation. After that it was programming the person employee access cards and vehicle passes for the chip gates and doors. I was always in a two person team for the entire shift but also was alone near the end of the contract. I got along well with everyone. I very much enjoyed that job.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Timmins, ONMarch 20, 2016
the job is great to work for, you are always learning new things depending on where you are, some of the co-workers are ok depending on where you are, the hardest part of the job would be when the people that are working with you don't work together as a team, the most enjoyable part of the job is when you work together as a team.
Fun people to work with exciting environments, low paying, no career building opportunities.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 19, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed the places I would work and the people I would work with and encounter. The pay was very low and didn't not increase for lengthy periods of time. I did enjoy working with the company for most reasons other than financial.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Low Pay Rate
Not a comfortable environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  CanadaMarch 16, 2016
I worked here for a little bit and it was actually not bad at all until I met my night shift supervisor. I'm a sensitive person. Let's just say my first shift working with him, he belittled me and bullied me as an employee. Told me i shouldn't do it, I can't do it because I had a fear of ghosts. It got to the point where we had a fire alarm go off and he left me alone in the office. This was my first time training in the office and alone. I had people calling me every five minutes about it and when I tried to get to him he never answered. At the end I called my other supervisor to ask for help. When my night shift supervisor found out, he gave me trouble, not only in front of other employers but clients. I couldn't take being yelled at for asking for help after him belittling me all night and I snapped. Now I know, I was in the wrong because a client saw me snap but they didn't even give me a chance to explain myself. Instead they let me go. If a company is more concerned with performance than their employers then that company, to me, will fail. If you want steady hours and decent pay this is good, but be careful who you work with.
Pros
Benefits and steady hours
Cons
Bullies for employers
Clean environment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 25, 2016
I have been working with this security company which i dedicate myself by working hard and by proving myself to others how i work so hard. I solve so many situation even when manager were around which they were so proud on me because how handle my job. The most part of my job i enjoy was dealing with drug addicted people who were smoking in the stairwells in business building which i manage to handle it and make the building clean and clear by dealing with the individual because of my communication skills.
Pros
free gifts
Its a job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 20, 2016
Working with this company is alright, I do think management needs some work. They're very unprofessional and also I think the guards aren't paid well enough for the type of hours they work (which are ridiculous by the way). The coworkers are usually the same, you either have the real serious ones or the laid back ones just trying to get through the day. I do love that you get to work kind of independently in a sense that you don't have management over your back; but you may or may not have a coworker to have your back in case of a situation. I think I learned to make the most of this job while I'm here because working overnight leaves you with a lot of dead time to figure out life or learn other things while on the job. I think majority of the reason people choose to work here is because it does provide you with the hours you might need. So overall i'd say working with this company is alright. Its a job at the end of the day and that is why the majority of guards are working here.
Pros
Benefits program
Worse company not professional
Hospital Securtity (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONFebruary 17, 2016
Not a company to rely on. They should only hire people that really don't need the money. The will drop you so quick and not care. For what you have to do it is not worth it.Worse company ever
Cons
Horrible pay. Treat you horrible