G4S

G4S Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Poor management
Security Guard (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 19, 2014
SCM never come out to check on there sites. I have nothing else to say about them
amazing!
amazing management
over all it was amazing
good benefit
Review
Bilingual Incident Reporting Centre Operator (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 8, 2014
Overall good company, Bilingual Incident report. Night shift. TD Support
meeting your target at the end of the week
Security Guard (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 5, 2014
Cons: 8 hrs
Meeting new people every day . co-workers mostly young and lack of manners...it was not a hard job, I was cashing and taking ord
Excellent company to work for
TCHC (Current Employee), TorontoNovember 4, 2014
Pros: good experience
G4S is a excellent employer, co-workers are friendly and professional, management is easy to get along with, typical day at work is unexpected.
work life balance
Security Manager (Former Employee), TorontoOctober 31, 2014
No review to be given.
Not interested in giving a review.

Fun team to work with, not management.
Team work
Security Guard (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioOctober 29, 2014
Pros: flexable schedules
Cons: lack of pay raises
I learn to deal with different cultures
My co-workers were great
Lots of over time
The Job is great but the pay and managment can use some work
Regional Trainer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 16, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: unorganized
Work days can be long
the uppermanagment needs a lot of work and need to see whats going on when it come to the front line workers
my co -workers are great
The hardest part of the job is I am the only trainer in eastern Ontario and also responsible for the training in four other branches.
i enjoy interacting with the students and clients
Good environment with excellent co-workers
Security Guard (Former Employee), Belleville, ONOctober 13, 2014
Worked for the company for six months, and most of the shifts were night (either 2100- 0600 or 2000- 0800) with the occasional day or span of day shifts. Mostly did access control. Definitely provided a terrific opportunity to gain valuable social skills and learn new skills related to security.
Fun environment, nice staff and good management.
Security Guard (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONSeptember 26, 2014
go to work log in, log the time an and date in my memo book then i follow the guideline of the company.
Amazing Job, Horrible Management
Compliance Officer (Former Employee), winnipeg, mbSeptember 22, 2014
The people I worked with, and the job itself were amazing. The management, and the human right violations being practiced, and the officers being sent out in -50 without propr winter jackets, the lsit goes on, the management there is horrible.
High turn-over
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: benefit package after probationary period.
Cons: high turn-over. managers hired internally from junior positions. management skills are lacking.
They appear to try to look after their people in the management ranks but in the end they care more about the junior-level, union employees. Many managers quit. Very high turn-over.
Professional
Security Guard (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 12, 2014
I was only working as a casual because I was on the waiting list to be sent to the oil fields by G4S, so I wasn't getting that many hours for that reason. I also had to leave once I was admitted to School. But I must say that Management were very friendly, caring, understanding and easy to deal with.
G4S are very professional and provide their employees – more... every information they need for the job type. – less
Starter job with no future
Senior Guard (Former Employee), Kearl Lake, AlbertaJuly 1, 2014
Pros: travel, lots of work
Cons: no job security, bad management, jerks
I worked at Kearl Lake (Ft. McMurray, north) as an in camp security guard. It was cold... and the management was colder.
Exciting yet lonely for family
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Ft. McMurray, AlbertaMay 20, 2014
Pros: the job was new to me. camp life is great. i didn't have to cook or clean. just work.
Cons: being away from the family, my job was very boring, nothing to do except wash the floors and dust.
This was a trial job of working in a fly-in/fly-out camp.
The job was just ok with the potential to be a great job. The company was not set up properly to have 4 administrators working there at that point in time.
One part of the job I really enjoyed was working with the native people. This was a new and exciting challenge for me. If I were to go north – more... again, I would definitely like to pursue this part of the job again.
For 2 administrators, the job was fulfilling and very busy. For the other 2 it was not. However, in time, I'm sure that all four positions would be very much needed. – less
Good job
Security Guard (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONApril 25, 2014
Good job and good pay.
Good working environment.
Good management.
Productive and Fun workplace
Security Guard (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 23, 2014
Pros: your basically your own boss
Cons: can be really dull at times
A typical day at work would consist of patrols and a lot of interaction with the public
Great experience
Loss-Prevention Officer, Security Officer (Current Employee), Kingston, ONApril 17, 2014
G4S is a great place to receive as much training and experience you could ask for. They offer a wide range of security services and encourage all employees to be trained in many different roles: loss prevention, patrol, uniform guard, patient watches, hospital security, cash transfer, etc...
Security
Lead Security Guard (Former Employee), Durham Region, ONApril 12, 2014
To help maintain a safe environment by maintaining a physical presence
OVerall a good experience
Security Guard (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 27, 2014
Pros: 12 hour shifts allowed more time off
Cons: night shifts, dangerous work for inadequate pay, really useless union
Worked at Sick Kids Hospital. There was no "typical day" at work. Everyday/night something different happened, many things unimaginable. I learned how to better deal with children and adults alike, and how to value more life. Co-workers were fine, most of them very lazy which ended up pushing more work on others. Great people nonetheless.

The pay isn't – more... horrible but honestly not even close to what should be earned in similar positions.

Hardest part of the job was to keep relatively calm and make sound decisions during a high energy emergency situation, while maintaining a professional demeanor and give the appearance that the situation was handled.

The most enjoyable part of it was the enormous quantity of times you help people, being it directions to the right ward or assisting a mother with their child while they were experiencing a seizure. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About G4S

G4S is the leading global integrated security company specialising in the provision of security products, services and solutions. The – Read more