G4S

G4S Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good experience
Financial Consultant (contract) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 14, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: long hours
New experience in the security industry, met new people, who I enjoyed working with. However, the contract was too short and the pay rate very low.
G4S Security-over all good
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 9, 2015
Pros: continental shifts
Cons: longs days, poor wage, lack of equipment
The days are 12 hour days. Duties include: report writing, physical restraints on mental health patients, scheduling for security team, supervising seven other people, key/access control, high risk guard on mental health floor and delegation.

I learned how to properly manage a big team and how to work together with nursing staff on site. My co-workers are the favorite part of my job. they are dependable and I have assisted in molding them to what they are today.

the hardest part of my job in the lack of proper equipment that is supplied to us. Also, for the job we do, we do not make adequate wages.
Worse Company I've Ever Worked For
Security Guard (Former Employee), Timmins, ONApril 21, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: long hours, low pay, minimal benafits
I have never worked for a more unorganized, non caring lazy company since I've been in security. I was Laid off for no reason of my own lied to on many occasions, and was told by office staff that if site supervisors allow work place harassment then the office will allow it as well.
Productive with fun
Security Officer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 19, 2015
Pros: Preferred Hours
Cons: Less Benefits
A typical Day starts and ends easily. Learnt team work, Data entry, Customer Service. Management was good but less attentive. Co-workers were great, good team. Night shift was the only hard thing. Some nights you do nothing and just enjoy.
good
security guard (Former Employee), multiple locationsMarch 16, 2015
good company had to leave for personal reasons. Worked with the company for 4 months. not very good in managing. good co-workers
The Company is not Honest
Security Guard (Former Employee), MississuagaMarch 12, 2015
Pros: work responsibility
Cons: wage
Was not happy with the wage of 11.00 an hour and I wanted to build more complex skills and learn more. Not professional very unorganized and confusing. Not good communication with supervisors and scheduler.
Productive Workplace
Security Officer (Current Employee), Ingersoll, ONMarch 6, 2015
Good experience for security work. A typical day would be to inspect shipments and make sure the paperwork matches what the shipment is. Also ensure that nothing leaves the site that isn't supposed to. Ensuring safety at the site is very important.
Long travel
Assistant Area Manager (Former Employee), Fort MacMarch 4, 2015
long travel to and from site, worked tired quiet often. area managers not always willing to listen to their staff. Over taxed their employees, without any consideration of their feelings
Site was decent, people were friendly.
Security Guard, Concierge (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 3, 2015
No flexibility for employees. My CSM was terrible at replying to emails. Couldn't work weekends after 3 month probationary period, was basically given an ultimatum to quit or continue working the swing shift.
Not a great company
Security Guard (Current Employee), Calgary,AbFebruary 25, 2015
Cons: poor health benefits, no raises, no room for advancement
Very poor compensation overall. Bad management. Does not pay overtime.Location was in Calgary, Alberta. Overall not a good company to work for. Unsteady work.
relaxed environment
Security Guard (Current Employee), Timmins, ONFebruary 9, 2015
doesn't pay very well and is too relaxed. the drive is approximately 80 km to the job site on a dirt road. the hours are about 14-15 per day because of the travel.
Customers/Clients are great
Security Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: plenty of shifts available
Cons: pays low + almost never ovetime (calculated swing shifts)
It's OK overall. The clients/customers are mostly good to work with/for. Customer Service skills are a must at G4S if you plan to succeed. Some situations can be challenging but if you're well rounded overall, it can be a really cool place to work!
Dynamic work environment that involved attention to detail
Security Guard/ Systems Monitor (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONDecember 1, 2014
Pros: easy, comfortable
Cons: can be boring at times
Working for this company for the past five years, I've encountered and witnessed many things that I never thought I would have seen on the job. Working for this company has also given me the oppertunity to proive my work ethic in an unsupervised environment where I am left alone in an entire downtown building for six hours of the night.

The most enjoyable part of my job is that I am trusted with many responsibilities throughout my shift, and at the end of each night, it is gratifying to know that I have kept the building and its contents safe and secure at all times.
Safety Conscious enviroment
Safety/security (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 25, 2014
Been Employed two years and i have learned more about safety culture from being in the oil-sands project than at any job. its very safety conscious and has helped me grow into a true safety leader
Poor management
Security Guard (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 19, 2014
SCM never come out to check on there sites. I have nothing else to say about them
amazing!
amazing management
over all it was amazing
good benefit
Review
Bilingual Incident Reporting Centre Operator (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 8, 2014
Overall good company, Bilingual Incident report. Night shift. TD Support
meeting your target at the end of the week
Security Guard (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 5, 2014
Cons: 8 hrs
Meeting new people every day . co-workers mostly young and lack of manners...it was not a hard job, I was cashing and taking ord
Excellent company to work for
TCHC (Current Employee), TorontoNovember 4, 2014
Pros: good experience
G4S is a excellent employer, co-workers are friendly and professional, management is easy to get along with, typical day at work is unexpected.
work life balance
Security Manager (Former Employee), TorontoOctober 31, 2014
No review to be given.
Not interested in giving a review.

Fun team to work with, not management.

1 2 3 4 5

About G4S

G4S is the leading global integrated security company specialising in the provision of security products, services and solutions. The – Read more