G4S

G4S Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun environment, nice staff and good management.
Security Guard (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONSeptember 26, 2014
go to work log in, log the time an and date in my memo book then i follow the guideline of the company.
Amazing Job, Horrible Management
Compliance Officer (Former Employee), winnipeg, mbSeptember 22, 2014
The people I worked with, and the job itself were amazing. The management, and the human right violations being practiced, and the officers being sent out in -50 without propr winter jackets, the lsit goes on, the management there is horrible.
High turn-over
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: benefit package after probationary period.
Cons: high turn-over. managers hired internally from junior positions. management skills are lacking.
They appear to try to look after their people in the management ranks but in the end they care more about the junior-level, union employees. Many managers quit. Very high turn-over.
Professional
Security Guard (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 12, 2014
I was only working as a casual because I was on the waiting list to be sent to the oil fields by G4S, so I wasn't getting that many hours for that reason. I also had to leave once I was admitted to School. But I must say that Management were very friendly, caring, understanding and easy to deal with.
G4S are very professional and provide their employees – more... every information they need for the job type. – less
Starter job with no future
Senior Guard (Former Employee), Kearl Lake, AlbertaJuly 1, 2014
Pros: travel, lots of work
Cons: no job security, bad management, jerks
I worked at Kearl Lake (Ft. McMurray, north) as an in camp security guard. It was cold... and the management was colder.
Exciting yet lonely for family
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Ft. McMurray, AlbertaMay 20, 2014
Pros: the job was new to me. camp life is great. i didn't have to cook or clean. just work.
Cons: being away from the family, my job was very boring, nothing to do except wash the floors and dust.
This was a trial job of working in a fly-in/fly-out camp.
The job was just ok with the potential to be a great job. The company was not set up properly to have 4 administrators working there at that point in time.
One part of the job I really enjoyed was working with the native people. This was a new and exciting challenge for me. If I were to go north – more... again, I would definitely like to pursue this part of the job again.
For 2 administrators, the job was fulfilling and very busy. For the other 2 it was not. However, in time, I'm sure that all four positions would be very much needed. – less
Good job
Security Guard (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONApril 25, 2014
Good job and good pay.
Good working environment.
Good management.
Productive and Fun workplace
Security Guard (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 23, 2014
Pros: your basically your own boss
Cons: can be really dull at times
A typical day at work would consist of patrols and a lot of interaction with the public
Great experience
Loss-Prevention Officer, Security Officer (Current Employee), Kingston, ONApril 17, 2014
G4S is a great place to receive as much training and experience you could ask for. They offer a wide range of security services and encourage all employees to be trained in many different roles: loss prevention, patrol, uniform guard, patient watches, hospital security, cash transfer, etc...
Security
Lead Security Guard (Former Employee), Durham Region, ONApril 12, 2014
To help maintain a safe environment by maintaining a physical presence
OVerall a good experience
Security Guard (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 27, 2014
Pros: 12 hour shifts allowed more time off
Cons: night shifts, dangerous work for inadequate pay, really useless union
Worked at Sick Kids Hospital. There was no "typical day" at work. Everyday/night something different happened, many things unimaginable. I learned how to better deal with children and adults alike, and how to value more life. Co-workers were fine, most of them very lazy which ended up pushing more work on others. Great people nonetheless.

The pay isn't – more... horrible but honestly not even close to what should be earned in similar positions.

Hardest part of the job was to keep relatively calm and make sound decisions during a high energy emergency situation, while maintaining a professional demeanor and give the appearance that the situation was handled.

The most enjoyable part of it was the enormous quantity of times you help people, being it directions to the right ward or assisting a mother with their child while they were experiencing a seizure. – less
About My Self
Security Guard (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2014
I learned from my present employer is as follow.

• Excellent interpersonal skills with strong orientation towards team-based work environments.
• Excellent communication and time management skills with strong customer service troubleshooting capabilities.
• Resourceful person in solving problems and maximizing resources.
Security details at G4S
Security Guard (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 13, 2014
Excellent Company to work for as the management is great at treating the Guards with utmost respect once it has been earned.
SECURITY GUARD/ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 6, 2014
Rewarding of advancement early on. Employees were great. Owners were amazing. Manager made it fun place to work
N/A
Security Guard/part time (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 28, 2014
A great Direction in becoming a police officer but was a way too pay my way though school
Security Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 27, 2014
Interacting with people
Having to deal with rude people
Office Administrator (Internship)
Office Administrator (Internship) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 25, 2014
Provided excellent support to company administration staff.
- Answering and screening phone calls, reference checking, welcoming visitors.
- Data entry and work on special projects.
Its a Jobs
Security Guard (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: easy, layback
Scheduling is messed up, they schedule people with out telling them, Benefits aren't the best,
I work nights, I check the bags for items that are package in the warehouse and I keep the logs up to date, I patrol the building 1 to 2 times a night, I work by myself at the front desk and watch cameras.
Work Environment is amazing, management stressfull
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: paid training
Cons: favortism
I worked as a contract worker for Lakeridge Health for 5 years. The nursing staff were amazing, my team fantastic.

This position was stressful in itself, training minimum and discipline harsh.
fairly repetitiive, fairly easy and needed to document everything beaware of surroundings
Security Guard (Former Employee), fort saskatchewanJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: fairly simple
Cons: repettive
had an agenda we had to follow and account for all we have done. check all areas for any problems

1 2 3 4 5

About G4S

G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in secure outsourcing in countries – Read more