G4S

G4S Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent Company
Security Guard (Former Employee), Christina Lake, ABJuly 5, 2015
Enjoyed the time in camp as a security guard. The atmosphere was comfortable and the quarters were nice. With a gym and good food and a 2 week on 2 week off schedule, it was great. Strong support from management made my senior guard position a good one.
Amazing experience, horrendous pay & benefits for job expectation
Hospital Security Guard (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Great knowledge and experience
Cons: Poor Pay
G4S provides great experience for people seeking to further their careers in the security / law enforcement industry. Unfortunately the pay and job security is so poor that it makes it extremely difficult to balance work and life.
Great place to work at that understood work life balance
Security Personnel (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 21, 2015
I was working here for 4 years in which time they always placed me in places I could be of most use. I was challenged intellectually and physically to ensure the safety of the location. They accommodated my needs to work daily wether it was in the daytime or night. I was given the proper training to learn all the key requirements of each location; security camera training, alarm system training etc. Great co-workers that also shared similar passion and journey in life as myself. The hardest part was maintaining a proper sleep schedule when I was working overnight. The best part was the locations I was at, very slow paced and calm.
No moving forward
Gordon Baker Rd (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 17, 2015
Pros: Lunch
Cons: Supervisors, Management, head office staff, pay rate
A typical day of work is very slow, the co-workers are the best part of it all, supervisors... Not so much.
I learned quite allot working here, manage two way radios, the typical run of the mill site work and mobile. Management also isn't the best,the people who work in the offices rarely pick up your calls and when they do they're usually in a meeting or their voicemails are always full so there is nothing you can do about it, the hardest part of the job is not wanting to quit on the spot, when your desperate for money and the job is the only thing keeping you going, its hard.
And to say the last part of it all... The most enjoyable part of the job are the co-workers, some I've made friends with, gone out of my way to see them in person and to hang out every now and again. So thats probably the best part of it all.
Good - But Advancement Opportunities Limited
Concierge (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 16, 2015
The Job at G4S was great. I have learnt various useful skills such as being vigilant, and identifying any theft, as well as steps we can take to massively prevent them, including cc cameras, on site vigilance, as well as communicating with fellow officers to maintain and ensure the safety of people and product.

My most enjoyable part of the job was in training others as I have trained over 20+ security officers and helped coach them be confident in their roles.

Although I love the job and am giving it my all, I would like to switch to a Financial Representative role for the better pay, and more importantly for the opportunity to advance further, and the opportunity to utilize my certifications and degree in Finance and Investment.
Already reviewed
Access Control Security Guard (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 10, 2015
Pros: can get good pay
Cons: boring
I have already reviewed this company it is the same as G4S Secure Solutions. It was an okay place to work. You were moved around a lot if you did something that the client didn't like. a lot of which were things that security guards are not required to do. Like delivering final bills to hotel gets and giving each room a newspaper.
good company but not enough work
Front Desk, Control Room, Supervisor (Current Employee), imperial oilJune 2, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: not enough work
good company but not enough work
good people that really consider the needs of the quards as well as of course the clients.
The work schedule was perfect and the management were always ready to listen to you
Security Guard (Former Employee), Fort McMurrayMay 25, 2015
Fun place to work, met a lot of people from different places the management was good you could always talk to them about any issues concerning your job at any time. I liked the 14 and 14 rotation because it gave you time to spend with your family
Good experience
Financial Consultant (contract) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 14, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: long hours
New experience in the security industry, met new people, who I enjoyed working with. However, the contract was too short and the pay rate very low.
G4S Security-over all good
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONMay 9, 2015
Pros: continental shifts
Cons: longs days, poor wage, lack of equipment
The days are 12 hour days. Duties include: report writing, physical restraints on mental health patients, scheduling for security team, supervising seven other people, key/access control, high risk guard on mental health floor and delegation.

I learned how to properly manage a big team and how to work together with nursing staff on site. My co-workers are the favorite part of my job. they are dependable and I have assisted in molding them to what they are today.

the hardest part of my job in the lack of proper equipment that is supplied to us. Also, for the job we do, we do not make adequate wages.
Worse Company I've Ever Worked For
Security Guard (Former Employee), Timmins, ONApril 21, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: long hours, low pay, minimal benafits
I have never worked for a more unorganized, non caring lazy company since I've been in security. I was Laid off for no reason of my own lied to on many occasions, and was told by office staff that if site supervisors allow work place harassment then the office will allow it as well.
Productive with fun
Security Officer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 19, 2015
Pros: Preferred Hours
Cons: Less Benefits
A typical Day starts and ends easily. Learnt team work, Data entry, Customer Service. Management was good but less attentive. Co-workers were great, good team. Night shift was the only hard thing. Some nights you do nothing and just enjoy.
good
security guard (Former Employee), multiple locationsMarch 16, 2015
good company had to leave for personal reasons. Worked with the company for 4 months. not very good in managing. good co-workers
The Company is not Honest
Security Guard (Former Employee), MississuagaMarch 12, 2015
Pros: work responsibility
Cons: wage
Was not happy with the wage of 11.00 an hour and I wanted to build more complex skills and learn more. Not professional very unorganized and confusing. Not good communication with supervisors and scheduler.
Productive Workplace
Security Officer (Current Employee), Ingersoll, ONMarch 6, 2015
Good experience for security work. A typical day would be to inspect shipments and make sure the paperwork matches what the shipment is. Also ensure that nothing leaves the site that isn't supposed to. Ensuring safety at the site is very important.
Long travel
Assistant Area Manager (Former Employee), Fort MacMarch 4, 2015
long travel to and from site, worked tired quiet often. area managers not always willing to listen to their staff. Over taxed their employees, without any consideration of their feelings
Site was decent, people were friendly.
Security Guard, Concierge (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 3, 2015
No flexibility for employees. My CSM was terrible at replying to emails. Couldn't work weekends after 3 month probationary period, was basically given an ultimatum to quit or continue working the swing shift.
Not a great company
Security Guard (Current Employee), Calgary,AbFebruary 25, 2015
Cons: poor health benefits, no raises, no room for advancement
Very poor compensation overall. Bad management. Does not pay overtime.Location was in Calgary, Alberta. Overall not a good company to work for. Unsteady work.
relaxed environment
Security Guard (Current Employee), Timmins, ONFebruary 9, 2015
doesn't pay very well and is too relaxed. the drive is approximately 80 km to the job site on a dirt road. the hours are about 14-15 per day because of the travel.
Customers/Clients are great
Security Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: plenty of shifts available
Cons: pays low + almost never ovetime (calculated swing shifts)
It's OK overall. The clients/customers are mostly good to work with/for. Customer Service skills are a must at G4S if you plan to succeed. Some situations can be challenging but if you're well rounded overall, it can be a really cool place to work!

1 2 3 4 5

About G4S

G4S is the leading global integrated security company specialising in the provision of security products, services and solutions. The – Read more