G4S Employee Reviews

Opportunity
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Various16 August 2017
I was given many types of opportunity to learn and grow with the organization.

I held a variety of positions from a regular guard, to a site supervisor, scheduler, mobile supervisor.

I was willing to learn and they took the time to each.

I have met wonderful people in the industry while working for this company..
Employee neglect
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2017
I've been working for this company a long time. If job security is important, than this is the place for you. Otherwise you're just a simple number to them. This company is riddled with problems. Simple requests such as vacation or uniform orders often get lost at head office. Employee growth is almost nonexistent however, thanks to the union, it's incredible hard to lose your job.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Employee neglect
Good work bad advancement opportunities
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON8 August 2017
Decent place to work not physically demanding, laid back environment. Mostly observing and reporting daily duties carried out. Not much room for advancement, I have college Diploma with Customs and Borders and they still will not offer me a full-time position.
Pros
breaks
Okay company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 August 2017
work life is okay if you're a student going to school. no opportunities to move up the company or get a pay raise though since the pay is 'site dependent', which is utter hogwash.
Pros
relaxing if you know how to manage your time
Cons
low pay, no advancement opportunities
confused and uncoordinated
Shuttle Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Enfield, NS2 August 2017
Management seems to have little knowledge of what is happenning. I was hired in one position, told to start training on Monday, arrive to start training, no one knew I was coming, so they started me in training, changed their minds and moved me to a different position with only 28hrs/week, and no training, then they realized that I would need training, but that never panned out. After 1 month of this, I found other employment and departed
Cons
no one takes ownership for bad things, everyone wants credit for good
productive
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 July 2017
educational, get to learn a lot of new things. professional and helpful in various ways. motivates its employees to learn new things and succeed in various field. provide all he basic facilities.
It is a place to learn and advance.
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 July 2017
Great place learn and advance in your career.Also the management, supervisor and coworkers are considerate and helpful.There are many resources available for learning and advancement.
Positif
Agent de sécurité (Former Employee) –  Longueuil, QC20 July 2017
La direction est bien organisé et le travail est stimulant.
Work is always available -Will get days off if pre planned absence is reported within the time limit -Friendly coworkers -Health benefit plan
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2017
I worked at G4S full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of room for growth and moving up within the company, especially if you are willing to relocate

Cons

There was a constant turn over in the labor relations department, and at times no one in the department.

Advice to Management

Build your people up, they are usually worth the investment
Good company but union is completely useless
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 July 2017
The site I was placed at pays well, the job is enjoyable and the people I work with are great for the most part. Management is usually easy to work with but of course like any job, there are trying times. Definitely long hours available for anyone who wants to work.

That being said, these positions are unionized and represented by some guys in the GTA who don't return any attempts to reach them and the contract has more holes than a culinder. Benifits are available but using them is more complicated than a calculus exam.

I would and have referred friends to this company before.
Pros
Good site, above average pay depending on site, lots of hours
Cons
Union, terrible Union Trust Benefits, ocassionally it feels like constant phone calls for extra shifts
fun
Scheduler/Dispatcher/Administrative support (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2017
Alot of chances for advancement depending on the type of expereince and the money that you are looking for. Alot of the staff have been around for years
Its a good company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON21 June 2017
Its a security company.
do patrols, write reports and document any incidents that may occur.
The management seem to care enough to want to work with you when you need support or change in availability,
Pros
Uniform provided, office and management work with your availability.
Cons
wages depend on the site worked.
handling high Volume recruitment
Recruitment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 June 2017
Great place to work and gain experience. Great company for someone who would like to work independently with less supervision. Lot of learning opportunities.
Great company
Security Guard; Day & Night Patrol (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON19 June 2017
great company to work for. I secured a government building, customer service, city workers, foot patrols checking boiler rooms, electrical rooms for damages, etc and have to report to maintenance . I worked on the welfare floor, escorting people out of the building sometimes.
Productive and fun working place
Security (Current Employee) –  Tanker Services19 June 2017
As in my interview I have explained that I wanted to be in the army but couldn't so I had an opportunity to serve in uniform at g4s and so far I have been having fun I like to explore a lot but my job im only in one place everyday so I need to go out and explore carry big guns I like that kind of a life challenging life not just wait to nock off
Cons
Its alright place to work for the survival Income.
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 June 2017
There is no real opportunity for Growth and expansion. But still a decent place to work at. Some of the problems are unwanted deductions for the Union from each pay check, difficult to book off for more than 1 day, working on weekends for 12 hour shift. These are the bad aspects. But still If you are thinking to survive than It is alright.
Pros
Pay Checks
Cons
Working weekends, no holidays or day offs, unwanted deductions
Great Company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 June 2017
Great company to work for, I really enjoyed my time with the company and my coworkers who I met while on the job. My site supervisor was great as well
great company to work for
Contract Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 June 2017
They understand that people have lives outside of work, and that these lives might sometimes impinge on (or even take over) their time and attention. They realize that allowing for some work-life give and take means not only that they won’t waste time and money on unnecessary turnover, but that they’ll build loyalty and commitment. They know it’s give and take, not give or take.
Pros
free food
Cons
sometimes too hot in the summer
Challenging, fun.
Regional Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 June 2017
gather and extract data from financial system and provide detailed analysis on a weekly basis and as required.
Prepare weekly forecasts, annual budget,.
Report on monthly variances between actual vs forecast vs budget and provide reasons for variances and work with Regional VP to resolve.
Terrible
Mobile Operations Supervisor (MOS) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 May 2017
This is the worst company u could ever work for. The pay is low the work is horrible and management is the absolute worst. I don't know if a company could be any more I'll run than this one.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.