G4S Employee Reviews

no chance for advancment
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 December 2016
They have no regard for seniority or accommodating personal schedules. They do not care about their employees or their families
ok job
Security Guard - 150 Ferrand Drive, suite 1000 (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2016
Typical security guard job... shift work structured job ...minimum wage ...multiple job sites in and around the GTA combination of stnding sitting and walking
Walmart
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 December 2016
Very fun environment and very kind staff , a typical day for me includes patrolling the site , watching for any vagrants , and damage to any of the windows or doors.
team envirioment
coordinator of security services (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON26 November 2016
Enjoyed my time as a guard at the hospital with G4S a lot training, met a lot of people,matured as person.
Moved up the corperate fairly quickly. Overall great company.
Pros
on going training, room for advancement
Cons
not a great pay
Great Global Brand Image
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  GTA, Toronto23 November 2016
Am a student and work only part time, my recruiter and other staff, i have met are great to work with.

My attraction to them was there great Global Brand Image.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London, ON17 November 2016
Daily work is somewhat repetitive
Good job to do
Not much room for advancement
Majority of employees start as part time
Full time is one of the only few advancements
Being pulled up to a supervisor position is rare
Good co-workers
Good work environment
Most of management is great to deal with
Pros
Paid Lunch Breaks
Cons
Workload can vary at times, somewhat stressfull
very fast pace enviorment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON11 November 2016
lots of walking, people with different problems, hardest part was 12hr shifts & being a by-law officer, enjoyable part was good co-workers, management needs better communications skills
Pros
switch shifts
Cons
low pay, unappreciated, long hrs
Decent company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 November 2016
Hours and shifts are all over the place. Human resource manager is great and most employees are easy to get along with. No future in this company doing security as there is really no advancement.
Great company to work for!
Operations Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC1 November 2016
G4S employs the best people, develops their competence, provide opportunity and inspires them to apply company values.
Pros
Teamwork and collaboration
Cons
24/7 operation - irregular shifts
Camp job experience is the best
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB/ Fortmcmurray , AB/ Kearl, AB28 October 2016
Awaesome camp job experience in Kearl, AB and Fortmcmurray, AB. The trip fro home to site and site to home before and after the rotation would be fantastic.
Good job for students
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2016
Good job for students, great for building customer service and teamwork skills as well as leadership and prblem solving skills.
Best Job i ever had!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2016
great sites that allowed a great balance between life and work. Well trained and prepared for every site......I would recommend them to anyone looking to gain experience in the law enforcement feild!
Pros
Great Sites
Cons
Cant think of any
okay training but the work environments were fun to work in
Security Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North York, ON5 October 2016
G4s helped me out a lot with being able to accommodate my working hours and the sites they sent me to were really great places to work in. My only issue with G4s was the scheduling department, it seemed like they only wanted to get off the phone as quickly as possible instead of helping out when someone needed it.
supportive and friendly work place
Concierge, Patrol (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2016
management offer positive support and help to develop employees , friendly work place and helpful team members
easy flow of information to help employee provide best service to client .
great learning curves and has benfits/union
Loss Prevention Officer{trainer} (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON27 September 2016
busy, hard work, great amount of paper work/ reports, hardest part of the job is working with individuals who may not work as hard as you or care as much, but if you are able to focus just on yourself, all will be ok.
Productive and Motivated
Toronto Mobile Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2016
Everyday at work should be a productive day. In order to have such, I follow a pattern. I start my days with a To-Do List. Some are menial jobs, which can be performed by the end of the work day. Others are long term goals where I am required to put in the effort daily in order to achieve them. I push myself to stay patient through the emotional challenges that come with work. I schedule short and appropriate social time with co-workers in order to build good working rapport and keep myself refreshed.
Love working for them
Security Guard/Team Lead/Mobile (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB/Calgary21 September 2016
Helped out in Fort McMurray after the Wildfire worked with an amazing team starting from the top all the way to the lonely guards everybody was treated with respect. I miss it up there hope to go back soon. My camp job was paying 21 an hour my mobile pays a little less but I'm close to my family
Pros
Make friends see more of the province
Cons
Can be lobg hours away from home
Great for over-time
Cash Administrator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 September 2016
I typically worked graveyard shifts. Hard to maintain a personal life but the money was good, and the people were colourful. Always overtime so the pay cheque was always nice
Job Security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 September 2016
There is no such thing as job security at G4S.

working with the company was fun. However, when there are issues arising within a contract, the area managers tend to turn the other cheek and allow the problems to persist, just to save a big contract.

My biggest complaint about G4S is the company allowing someone with no security or supervisory experience to take over the Team Lead position for G4S. The contract is huge for G4S as it is a global contract. However, the individual creates a hazardous work environment, which has caused many people to leave and seek shifts elsewhere.

the biggest pro i have from the company: being able to learn and grow as a security officer. I have learned a lot working with a gentleman who has more than 25 years of security experience. I can say that I can do my job with confidence with all that he has taught me.
Pros
Office staff is the best
Cons
allowing someone with no security or management experience take on the title of supervisor, which is currently happening on one contract.
Security industry
Mobile Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 September 2016
For some reason in the field of security, regardless of where in the country you work, everyone seems to lack any sort of common sense, courtesy, and dignity toward each other. The job itself doesn't require any skill or trade yet most people in this field think they're working in the swat team! These people desperately need a reality check. Also the entire mobile team in g4s including the supervisors all they do is steal gas while lying about other people stealing gas and blaming others. I've never met so many twisted and mentally sick people in my life while working here.