G4S Employee Reviews

Do not listen to guards requests
Retail Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 December 2016
Typical days at work are slow depending on the site and time of year, mall locations are obviously busier in summer months and around holidays. Learned nothing. Management is nearly impossible to get in contact with if there is an issue. When there is an opening for a site closer to home they wont give it to you. If you commute by public transportation do NOT work for this company.
Pros
Decent Co-workers
Cons
Bad Managment
Worst job with just a bunch of old people who hate their lives
bi law officer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 January 2017
first of all.

they waste your time. they are not helpful all the people in the office seen like they are tired of their lives or something. I'm a good guy if not great and very respectful but I could not stand anyone in that office and they are just rude and not helpful.

what a waste of my time will never ever go there again.
Pros
non
Cons
everything
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  London, ON17 November 2016
Daily work is somewhat repetitive
Good job to do
Not much room for advancement
Majority of employees start as part time
Full time is one of the only few advancements
Being pulled up to a supervisor position is rare
Good co-workers
Good work environment
Most of management is great to deal with
Pros
Paid Lunch Breaks
Cons
Workload can vary at times, somewhat stressfull
G4s
Security Agent (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 January 2017
a typical day at work is always the same.
i learned that i do not want to work in the oil industry due to the fact i wasn't able to practices my skills. the management was alright but they never really encouraged us to do better.
my coworkers were all lazy.
sitting in the the vehicle all night with nothing to do.
being able to see wildlife.
Pros
wildlife
Cons
no motivation
Productive and Motivated
Toronto Mobile Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2016
Everyday at work should be a productive day. In order to have such, I follow a pattern. I start my days with a To-Do List. Some are menial jobs, which can be performed by the end of the work day. Others are long term goals where I am required to put in the effort daily in order to achieve them. I push myself to stay patient through the emotional challenges that come with work. I schedule short and appropriate social time with co-workers in order to build good working rapport and keep myself refreshed.
Security industry
Mobile Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 September 2016
For some reason in the field of security, regardless of where in the country you work, everyone seems to lack any sort of common sense, courtesy, and dignity toward each other. The job itself doesn't require any skill or trade yet most people in this field think they're working in the swat team! These people desperately need a reality check. Also the entire mobile team in g4s including the supervisors all they do is steal gas while lying about other people stealing gas and blaming others. I've never met so many twisted and mentally sick people in my life while working here.
okay training but the work environments were fun to work in
Security Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North York, ON5 October 2016
G4s helped me out a lot with being able to accommodate my working hours and the sites they sent me to were really great places to work in. My only issue with G4s was the scheduling department, it seemed like they only wanted to get off the phone as quickly as possible instead of helping out when someone needed it.
Love working for them
Security Guard/Team Lead/Mobile (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB/Calgary21 September 2016
Helped out in Fort McMurray after the Wildfire worked with an amazing team starting from the top all the way to the lonely guards everybody was treated with respect. I miss it up there hope to go back soon. My camp job was paying 21 an hour my mobile pays a little less but I'm close to my family
Pros
Make friends see more of the province
Cons
Can be lobg hours away from home
Poorly managed
Security Guard/Concierge (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 December 2016
No work life balance your just a number my way or the highway kind of company. Uniforms are terrible someone else has worn it and you have to pay for it ,lousy shifts .Like every other low paying job they expect the best but aren't willing to be flexible on anything.
Pros
Xmas bonus
Cons
Low pay long shifts
Great job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON12 January 2017
Love everything to do with this company. I have worked for hospitals, Mayors, police, and with a lot of people. A lot of shifts when I worked. There was day shifts and night shifts. Patrols were great and the desk jobs as well. I don't have any negative words to say about the company
Pros
Meet a lot of people
Not all that great
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 December 2016
Hours are not good or stable and they give you a hard time taking time off even when you have legitimate emergency reasons. Pay rate is awful, barely livable wages. Definitely would not recommend people to come here.
Cons
do not pay well and not many hours available
patrolled building, food court and parkade for both day and night shifts.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 December 2016
I am hard working I did quality job and safety frist , I am honest , quick learner. provided security surevillence for brookfild office properties in dowen towen Calgary.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hour working
Good company to start with
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON13 July 2016
I've been with G4S for almost 3 years now. They are a decent company to work for. Wages aren't good, though, and the benefits are okay. They only cover dental care, prescriptions and eye care. Any physical therapy, such as massages or chiropractic care, is not covered. Management is decent. They try to help you out as best they can. There aren't much incentives. For example; no raises, hard to get onto a better paying site. Overall, they're a decent company to work for if you are just starting out.
Pros
Good jobs, decent management
Cons
Wages are too low, sometimes you don't get enough hours
team envirioment
coordinator of security services (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON26 November 2016
Enjoyed my time as a guard at the hospital with G4S a lot training, met a lot of people,matured as person.
Moved up the corperate fairly quickly. Overall great company.
Pros
on going training, room for advancement
Cons
not a great pay
very fast pace enviorment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON11 November 2016
lots of walking, people with different problems, hardest part was 12hr shifts & being a by-law officer, enjoyable part was good co-workers, management needs better communications skills
Pros
switch shifts
Cons
low pay, unappreciated, long hrs
Awesome Company to work for!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 December 2016
One of the Best jobs I've ever had and worked with people from all over the world. Very rewarding job. Miss working up North and if I had the opportunity to work with this Company again I would with no hesitation.
Awful place to work!!!!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 December 2016
This is probably the worst security company to work for, they have real pride treating their employees like slaves, and management has no clue what they are doing. Do not work for this company they will leave you in pain.
great learning curves and has benfits/union
Loss Prevention Officer{trainer} (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON27 September 2016
busy, hard work, great amount of paper work/ reports, hardest part of the job is working with individuals who may not work as hard as you or care as much, but if you are able to focus just on yourself, all will be ok.
Its good survival job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 December 2016
I am a new immigrant and for me not much is available in the market. Security is a good start. I am thankful to the organization for their confidence in me.
Learn lot of things, help to build my Canadian experience.
Best Job i ever had!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2016
great sites that allowed a great balance between life and work. Well trained and prepared for every site......I would recommend them to anyone looking to gain experience in the law enforcement feild!
Pros
Great Sites
Cons
Cant think of any