G4S Employee Reviews

Not too bad but can be better
Screening Officer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC11 October 2017
Its not a bad place to work for but there is plenty room for improving. Management staff are most often professional. Not too much room for advancing in my situation but for others it might be different. The communication needs improving down the pyramid lines to the employees. Also there can be improvement in caring for the well-being of the employees such as lunch room and the stocking up of these lunchrooms, timely breaks. No extra benefits such as coffee or simple things that other companies offer for free so its very basic in that department but again maybe it depends on the job description or position. The best advantage is the flexibility of schedule can work more or less as there is a very active shift trading.
Pros
Flexibility of schedule
Cons
Breaks, no coffee or such
N/a
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON9 October 2017
 Scheduled patrols – Interior & Exterior
 Patient Watch for mentally ill patients: Involves documenting patient activity and behaviour at an interval of 15 minutes.
 Constant vigilance to ensure patient and employee safety. Warning offenders regarding rule infractions
 Using reasonable force in order to prevent violent activity. Using restraints as per supervisor instructions & providing assistance to teammates
 Providing assistance to Hospital employees & responsible for patient protection
was not a bad company to work for.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 September 2017
I lost my job when g4s lost the contract at one of the sites I worked at. I had worked for g4s for 5 years at the same site in St Thomas but that company closed in 2016
Security
Market Tower Security Guard (Current Employee) –  London, ON28 September 2017
If your looking for a decent paying security job with great upper management, seek G4S as your next job. It is a great company to work for and they offer a wide variety of sites.
Professional work place.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2017
Professional work place at G4S Security company as a full time Security Guard (Concierge).
I deal with Guest , provide parking spots & made sure guests parked properly.
Sometimes dealt with fire and police officers when the fire alarm went on.
Very disorganized.
Who knows. Didn't get that far. (Former Employee) –  Halifax Internation Airport14 September 2017
Hired but not hired then processing of application terminated with no explanation despite many requests. So disorganized and everything is so casual. I didn't know if I had a job or not. Turns out is was NOT.
Pros
No pros.
Cons
No job after waiting almost two months.
Productive and enjoyable friendly staff
Regional Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Sidney, BC9 September 2017
this position requires a high degree of diligence and dedication and a strong sense of team work to complete task at hand. training is ongoing and self directed.
Start early stay late, with a hard working dedicated staff.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Long hours, always on call.
coworkers are great
Pre Boarding Screening Officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 September 2017
management is poor, your just another number, no benefits and no advancement. the hr department is very behind processing paperwork unless it is lost which happens a lot
Its okay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 September 2017
Not much room for advancement. Alright company to work for. Safety culture is good. Morale isn't great. Not a lot of support from upper management beyond the day to day.
Productive and cooperative workplace
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2017
It's a good and co operative workplace. Sessions which take part time to time help employees to achieve more and more. a good company to work with. Thank you for giving the opportunity to new candidates.
Reception
Office assistant occasional (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON24 August 2017
The people were friendly clear and helpful. I learned how to answer multi-line phones. I did not find any part of this position challenging only enjoyable
Pros
Customer Service
Loss Prevention
Loss Prevention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 August 2017
Good pay, no career advancement opportunities, poor benefits, horrible management. No Job Security, Hard to balance life, work every weekend, holidays off
Pros
Money
Cons
fun and great staff, depending which job site you go
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB22 August 2017
because G4S is world wide, the management is a big turnover.it can be difficult to contact head office about problems and you tend to feel like a number
Pros
depending which job site, the pay can be good
Cons
long hours, short staff
Opportunity
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Various16 August 2017
I was given many types of opportunity to learn and grow with the organization.

I held a variety of positions from a regular guard, to a site supervisor, scheduler, mobile supervisor.

I was willing to learn and they took the time to each.

I have met wonderful people in the industry while working for this company..
Employee neglect
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2017
I've been working for this company a long time. If job security is important, than this is the place for you. Otherwise you're just a simple number to them. This company is riddled with problems. Simple requests such as vacation or uniform orders often get lost at head office. Employee growth is almost nonexistent however, thanks to the union, it's incredible hard to lose your job.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Employee neglect
Good work bad advancement opportunities
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON8 August 2017
Decent place to work not physically demanding, laid back environment. Mostly observing and reporting daily duties carried out. Not much room for advancement, I have college Diploma with Customs and Borders and they still will not offer me a full-time position.
Pros
breaks
Okay company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 August 2017
work life is okay if you're a student going to school. no opportunities to move up the company or get a pay raise though since the pay is 'site dependent', which is utter hogwash.
Pros
relaxing if you know how to manage your time
Cons
low pay, no advancement opportunities
confused and uncoordinated
Shuttle Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Enfield, NS2 August 2017
Management seems to have little knowledge of what is happenning. I was hired in one position, told to start training on Monday, arrive to start training, no one knew I was coming, so they started me in training, changed their minds and moved me to a different position with only 28hrs/week, and no training, then they realized that I would need training, but that never panned out. After 1 month of this, I found other employment and departed
Cons
no one takes ownership for bad things, everyone wants credit for good
productive
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 July 2017
educational, get to learn a lot of new things. professional and helpful in various ways. motivates its employees to learn new things and succeed in various field. provide all he basic facilities.
It is a place to learn and advance.
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 July 2017
Great place learn and advance in your career.Also the management, supervisor and coworkers are considerate and helpful.There are many resources available for learning and advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.