G4S Employee Reviews

Security at a Condo, Worked a Valet Parking
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON21 February 2018
I was working in a condo as Valet Parking, Very Friendly atmosphear. The resident were good and the work was not heavy. The work was not heavy and the work culture was good
Go waste your time at another security company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 February 2018
Management and scheduling intimidate/abuse regular guards into working too many or too little hours. Understaffed on guards yet the turn around is incredibly high. Low wages, pay is based on what site you're at. Clients abuse their power, constantly change guard duties without management intervening. Supervisors are alright, but they have their own agenda and guards are not at the top of their property list. No wage increases, it's solely based on what site you are at.
Pros
It's a paycheque
Cons
Long/no hours. Being on call. Little support from management.
A massive company with many problems
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON16 February 2018
Despite out performing my peers any advancement chances where missed as the left hand is not aware of the right hands actions. After numerous sucseses I was placed in a client site and forgotten about.
Good experiences
ID Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 February 2018
Good pay, good experiences, very supportive. I didn't have any problems working there from the company. Long hours, but that came with the job descriptions.
Pros
Free, food, lodging and great pay
Cons
You do not go no anywhere
Guard (Former Employee) –  edmonton, walmart31 January 2018
May be big company and this is why some mistakes go unchecked. This company is greedy, no management skills to run it. They can change your wage any time they want. Management Never checks with employees about their sudden rash of judgements. Other people mistakes may land on your page and you may be dismissed without knowing why. This company like wagon that runs on three wheels that runs only on a flat road. If the guard spends hundred years working for G4S he will never be noticed or rewarded or actually getting pay raises (may get pay cut). bad work culture. Over all, not good company to work for.
Pros
you are invesible, do what you want
Cons
same pay for 15 years
PS access service-TD BANK
PS access service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2018
An absolute ridiculous mess. the training is horrible and disorganized. They do not care if you are busy or stressed. You email people that are "supposed to help you" and they never answer. WATCH YOUR HOURS. They are terrible for paying you the wrong amount. Keep track of your hours. They don't value their employees and burn them out HARD! I would never work for them again at the time its all i had and i was neglected and miserable. I waited to hear false promises for too long.
Excellent team
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 January 2018
It's been awhile since I've worked in the Winnipeg office but the core team was a great one !
Great stepping stone and great exposure to jobs within the field
worked their for so long and still treated like c***
DAYTIME MOBILE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2018
You work your butt off and in exchange you get your wages cut and management pay goes up while they dont care about the employees and expect more for less.Having an mortgage and bills and having to go to alberta works so they can pay your bills whild managements attitude is at least you have a job
Pros
free clothing
Cons
long hours and s*** pay
Pre screener
Pre screener (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2018
Day started by turning on all machines, checking manifests, getting out the Daily reports, making sure everything was setup.

Screening time. Divesting, Operating and screening depending on what was needed that day
Most times spent on checked luggage side

Private airport was a great location to work at
Pros
free coffee, great people
Cons
split shift and long hours
Good pay unionized
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 January 2018
G4S Security is a great place to work as long as you get the right manager. they are unionized so its almost impossible to get fired. do your job and youll get paid but you wont be promoted

Want to know more about G4S?

Ask a question
Belle environnement de travail
Agent de sécurité (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC3 January 2018
Belle équipe de travail, on ne fait pas d'overtime.
Pros
Pas de travail la fin de semaines.
Cons
Pas de pause
A leader in the field, good employees
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 January 2018
Perhaps the biggest security company in the world, in the Niagara Region they are still establishing themselves. However, the employees are fun hearted and very fair by most standards. I find working for G4S a good time.
Pros
Good back up support from logistics/scheduling
Cons
Need to expand more in the Niagara Region
No Personal intellectual gains
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 December 2017
You just work as a Security Guard and do not learn anything new. you do not have any recognition. a boring job only for people who don't like to work.
not very understanding of family life
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON21 December 2017
no comment would like to keep as brief as possible. They gave me the run around when I told them in the interview I have a very busy family life and may not be able to commit to all shifts but gave a hard time if I couldn't do a shift then aventually quit because of this.
An International security company
Service Delivery Manager, YBL (Former Employee) –  Campbell river airport19 December 2017
Management of Unionised staff who screen passengers about to board planes to Vancouver.
The hardest part of the job was to keep abreast of the changes to the rules and regulations imposed by Transport Canada.
The most frustrating part of the job was not having support from management above me when we required the support to implement changes.
This company sucks.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON9 December 2017
This company sucks. Enough said. Now to make up one hundred and fifty characters. I had very, very poor experience with the management. Have I mentioned that I did not enjoy working for this company?
Fun working place, it creates a memory in one's
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  North York, ON30 November 2017
I have been brutal to G4S employees many times but they were the best. They provided a chance to students to work part time and full time too. Instead they were the ones who back supported me, the supervisors were the best part of G4S
Pros
Friendly environment, lots of opportunities for students
Cons
cancellation of shifts
Large company with okay management, great scheduling, but not many opportunities to grow
Loss Prevention Investigator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2017
Company not very loyal to employees due to the large pool of workers/applicants, but offers decent pay in the right roles, and awesome schedulers with flexible options for part time and full time work.

As long as you follow policy, work with a sense of professionalism, and have a safety first attitude, they have no reason to have issues.

Union is terrible (known to hang up on employees, side with management, general incompetence, etc), but the virtue of being unionized is a powerful bargaining tool if needed. Just don't expect much help from reps.
good company to work for.
Agent de sécurité (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 November 2017
This is a down to earth company.Management is understanding and accommodating. I would definitely consider returning to work for this particular company.
The company is okay, not the branch
Various Roles (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON21 November 2017
I was a specialized guard within a hospital setting; so we made more then the average guard. While I can't speak too heavily on the company it self, I can say with confidence that we suffered from a serious lack of support from our managers at our branch office. Basically everyone in the branch was friends with each other and we were unable to really have a proper chain of command. While at work we had fun with our team and it made the experience more enjoyable.
Pros
Working with Public Solid Team Members New experience everyday
Cons
Sometimes stood down / Static Posts Lack of Company Support Lack of Manager Support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.

52K