G4S

G4S Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Starter job with no future
Senior Guard (Former Employee), Kearl Lake, AlbertaJuly 1, 2014
Pros: travel, lots of work
Cons: no job security, bad management, jerks
I worked at Kearl Lake (Ft. McMurray, north) as an in camp security guard. It was cold... and the management was colder.
Exciting yet lonely for family
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Ft. McMurray, AlbertaMay 20, 2014
Pros: the job was new to me. camp life is great. i didn't have to cook or clean. just work.
Cons: being away from the family, my job was very boring, nothing to do except wash the floors and dust.
This was a trial job of working in a fly-in/fly-out camp.
The job was just ok with the potential to be a great job. The company was not set up properly to have 4 administrators working there at that point in time.
One part of the job I really enjoyed was working with the native people. This was a new and exciting challenge for me. If I were to go north – more... again, I would definitely like to pursue this part of the job again.
For 2 administrators, the job was fulfilling and very busy. For the other 2 it was not. However, in time, I'm sure that all four positions would be very much needed. – less
Good job
Security Guard (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONApril 25, 2014
Good job and good pay.
Good working environment.
Good management.
Productive and Fun workplace
Security Guard (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 23, 2014
Pros: your basically your own boss
Cons: can be really dull at times
A typical day at work would consist of patrols and a lot of interaction with the public
Great experience
Loss-Prevention Officer, Security Officer (Current Employee), Kingston, ONApril 17, 2014
G4S is a great place to receive as much training and experience you could ask for. They offer a wide range of security services and encourage all employees to be trained in many different roles: loss prevention, patrol, uniform guard, patient watches, hospital security, cash transfer, etc...
Security
Lead Security Guard (Former Employee), Durham Region, ONApril 12, 2014
To help maintain a safe environment by maintaining a physical presence
OVerall a good experience
Security Guard (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 27, 2014
Pros: 12 hour shifts allowed more time off
Cons: night shifts, dangerous work for inadequate pay, really useless union
Worked at Sick Kids Hospital. There was no "typical day" at work. Everyday/night something different happened, many things unimaginable. I learned how to better deal with children and adults alike, and how to value more life. Co-workers were fine, most of them very lazy which ended up pushing more work on others. Great people nonetheless.

The pay isn't – more... horrible but honestly not even close to what should be earned in similar positions.

Hardest part of the job was to keep relatively calm and make sound decisions during a high energy emergency situation, while maintaining a professional demeanor and give the appearance that the situation was handled.

The most enjoyable part of it was the enormous quantity of times you help people, being it directions to the right ward or assisting a mother with their child while they were experiencing a seizure. – less
About My Self
Security Guard (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2014
I learned from my present employer is as follow.

• Excellent interpersonal skills with strong orientation towards team-based work environments.
• Excellent communication and time management skills with strong customer service troubleshooting capabilities.
• Resourceful person in solving problems and maximizing resources.
Security details at G4S
Security Guard (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 13, 2014
Excellent Company to work for as the management is great at treating the Guards with utmost respect once it has been earned.
SECURITY GUARD/ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 6, 2014
Rewarding of advancement early on. Employees were great. Owners were amazing. Manager made it fun place to work
N/A
Security Guard/part time (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 28, 2014
A great Direction in becoming a police officer but was a way too pay my way though school
Security Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 27, 2014
Interacting with people
Having to deal with rude people
Office Administrator (Internship)
Office Administrator (Internship) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 25, 2014
Provided excellent support to company administration staff.
- Answering and screening phone calls, reference checking, welcoming visitors.
- Data entry and work on special projects.
Its a Jobs
Security Guard (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: easy, layback
Scheduling is messed up, they schedule people with out telling them, Benefits aren't the best,
I work nights, I check the bags for items that are package in the warehouse and I keep the logs up to date, I patrol the building 1 to 2 times a night, I work by myself at the front desk and watch cameras.
Work Environment is amazing, management stressfull
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: paid training
Cons: favortism
I worked as a contract worker for Lakeridge Health for 5 years. The nursing staff were amazing, my team fantastic.

This position was stressful in itself, training minimum and discipline harsh.
fairly repetitiive, fairly easy and needed to document everything beaware of surroundings
Security Guard (Former Employee), fort saskatchewanJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: fairly simple
Cons: repettive
had an agenda we had to follow and account for all we have done. check all areas for any problems
by far the worst job I have had
custodian (Former Employee), EdmontonJanuary 14, 2014
Cons: management fellow employees
The management was absolute unprofessional trash and all needed to be replaced.. they hire just about any person off of the street making the work environment absoloutley terrible.. new people are treated like garbage because of the shooting..and some of them act as if they are police officers due to having a gun or as an excuse to do so.. DO NOT APPLY
Gross mismanagement and incompetence at upper management level, totally disconnected from reality of worksite.
Acting Area Manager /HSE Officer (Former Employee), KOSPDecember 21, 2013
Pros: networking
Cons: completely incompetent upper management, deliberate mismanagement of contract by calgary/edmonton offices.
Enjoyed working with professionals like Fluor and IOL, but head office in Calgary/Edmonton were completely and utterly incapable of managing a contract of this nature. Deliberate and belligerent mismanagement resulted in excessive turnover, low morale, improper hiring and training practices, and rampant breach of contract.
I FEEL SAFE AND I AM VERY HAPPY WITH G4S
Security Guard (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 21, 2013
MY OVER ALL REVIEW EXCELLENCE IN THIS FIELD
G4S IS AN EXCELLENT PLACE TO WORK THEY GIVE YOU A CHOICE ON WHERE YOU CAN WORK AND COWORKERS ARE AWSOME NEVER STAB YOU IN THE BACK ALWAYS HAVE YOUR BACK IN TIME OF NEED.
Industrial Security
Security Guard (Current Employee), London, OntarioDecember 7, 2013
Once you get on a big site your in a good spot and the job is great

1 2 3 4 5

About G4S

G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in secure outsourcing in countries – Read more