G4S Secure Solutions Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
No direction, poor morale and high turnover for office & management staff
Scheduling (Former Employee), Richmond, BCFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: screening officers get free tim bits, coffee and ice cream once in awhile and office staff gets nothing
Cons: lack of direction, lack of communcation, everyone is replaceable mentality
If you don't have any ambition to develop your skills or if you're not looking for a long term career then you should apply to G4S Secure Solutions Aviation division. The company has no direction on how to fix the problems that exist such as poor working environment, low employee satisfaction and lack of communication because of their need to know basis attitude. Management believes that everyone is replaceable therefore they do not care about retaining good employees. The attrition is so bad that you see 1-2 people per month resign from the office/management staff and these people are not even in a fast food, retail or a sales environment. If you look up past job postings for the last 2 years you will see that they keep recruiting for the same positions because people work there for a bit then quit cause of frustration. The schedules they push out to the screening officers is horrible too. There is absolutely no consideration for work life balance. They create schedules where you start at 3:30am one day then you could start at 5:30am another day within the same week. Bonuses are only paid out to specific groups and if you're not part of that group you get nothing even though you work just as hard if you want to. On the scheduling team, we don't really know what's going on with the operation since it's a need to know basis. All we do everyday is process shift trades, print out rosters, filing paperwork and update spreadsheets which a trained monkey could do.
Productive and intersting workplace
Bilingual IRC Operator (Former Employee), mississauga, onNovember 13, 2013
Pros: continuous training, place for advancement, selection of my shifts
Cons: the length of the shifts, and punctuality issues of relieving operators
My shifts were rotational and were either 11pm to 11am or 11am to 11pm
The position entailed me and my team to answer calls, respond to alarms, and take reports of any and all occurrences/incidents with TD's ATM machines and bank branches across Canada. These reports were then, to be transmitted, via email to suitable departments, and TD bank officials.
I learned to multitask, meet tight deadlines, utilize different software's, work well under pressure, take complaints, and enhanced my customer service skills.
My favorite part of the day were my night shifts as the most interesting calls came in during the night.
The most enjoyable part of my job, was the enviroment and my co workers.
Challanging and rewarding
Security Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 30, 2016
Pros: meeting new people, learning from some of the best, acheving goals
Cons: being on call, having to dismiss people from their positions.
Security Manager,
A typical day at Garda would start with a meeting to see where everyone was at, what had happened the previous shift, and what to expect for the upcoming shift. Through the day I would delegate staff different responsibilities, meet with senior management, develope policy and proceedures, liase with outside agencies, assist staff, etc. The management was awesome, I felt very supported in my position and knew I had a great resourse in the senior management.
The most difficult part of this position was having to disciplin staff. I don't think anyone likes to be disciplined.
The best part of my duties was watching my employees succeed.
Meeting different people with different cultures
Concierge at X the condominium (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 15, 2012
A normal day at work starts by getting the essential information from my colleague who terminates his shift. Access control starts along with parking permits and handing over the residents parcels.
Residents may require booking for elevator, party room or the guest suites. Then the management who is usually there on site comes along and asks if every thing is ok and gives letters or notices for residents to pick up.
The hardest part of the job is to make sure that no one damages any thing while using the elevator for move or when you have to deal with a fire alarm on your shift.
Productive and fun workplace.
Field Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 13, 2015
Pros: Good Learning Experience
Cons: Not having Dependable Worker and the distance from work to home.
• Provide all new guards with site training
• Conduct site visits, patrols and evaluate all assigned sites as assigned by management
• Ensure all guards on all sites are in full and proper uniform with a valid Ontario Security License
• Ensure all guards comply with policies and procedures of sites as instructed by both the client and G4S Management

Most enjoyable part of my job is learning new thing about the job company and co-workers.
Was fired for refusing unsafe work
Security Guard (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMay 15, 2014
Pros: nice pay in the oilfields
Cons: long hours, little time at home, treated like dirt by the management
The first thing they tell you in training is that if you ever feel unsafe in your workplace then tell your supervisor and refuse the work. I did just that and got let go, replaced by a new Canadian that wouldn't speak up and doesn't know the labour laws protecting him. This company is untrustworthy and the training is bare-minimum enough to cover their insurance and their bottoms in court.
Depends upon the place of posting.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: free coffee.
Cons: humiliation all the time in spite of being helpful.
Normally, all days are good and some days are tiring.

I learned to read minds of customers.

Management is good as far as I have known.

Co-workers are polite, but if placed in hotels work is tiring and no refreshment like food and/or snacks are available.

Hardest part is to stay vigilant all the time, expecting the unexpected, and NO incentives.

Most of the days are cool, but who knows what the next day is going to bring.
Productive and fun workplace
Security Supervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 24, 2015
Managing staff to meet peoples needs in daily basis is always challenging work to impose especially when 90% is customer service. What makes this job great is everyday people you meet inspiring new ideas what to expect next and ways to improve yourself in a growing industry of customer service especially in a multicultural city and company that one works for.
Patrol Guard & Parking Enforcement Officer
Patrol Guard & Parking Enforcement Officer (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONDecember 10, 2015
Pros: Work independently & good knowledge of the site
Cons: Weekend shifts are 12 hour shifts
Patrols of 2 condominiums & 4 parking levels
Pre / Post inspections of elevator & party room bookings .
Parking enforcement officer . Ticket vehicles during hours of violation & unauthorized vehicles in owners parking spots .
very satisfactory job
Security Guard (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 4, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours
* Guarding the security of offices, construction sites etc.

* Learned how to deal with different types of people.

* Management is very much reasonable to all the employees.

* Very cooperative and considerate co-workers.

* To work when there is harsh weather.

* To make sure the security of the workplace and get work satisfaction through that.
Fun with a professional environment
Security Officer (Current Employee), Richmond, BCJanuary 4, 2015
A friendly environment on the workplace is really motivate and energized me. This job build up a very important job skill that is how to be a detail oriented. The management, co-workers are helpful but the only drawback is less career advancement opportunities even management, clients would love your job.
work experience with G4S
mobile patrol officer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: enjoyed working with fellow co-workers
Cons: being punished for one mistake
I enjoyed working with fellow co-workers at beginning but later felt like I was being treated like a number. i had made some mistakes but thought they would feel that a loyal and dedicated employee should be given a second chance.
Great work environment
Pre-Board Screening Officer (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 26, 2013
Pros: friendly environment, great staff
Cons: early starts
G4S is a large company with a main focus on customer service. Co-Workers are great, management is great. It gives me great pleasure to know I am contributing to a safer place when it comes to aviation security. I would recommend this job to a friend!
All about the number$. You are an employee number.
Installations Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 16, 2015
Pros: Fun place to work when everything goes well.
Cons: Don't expect any support from Management.
Enjoyed working along side my colleagues. Received exposure to new Technologies often. Enormous potential for growth, but management does not provide the necessary support to grow.
co workers
Security Guard (Former Employee), Parking AuthorityJune 15, 2014
Pros: alone in mobile for four years
Cons: inexperienced supervisors
I loved almost every minute of the job. The co workers were awesome. Coming in every day was wonderful. The management of the company was difficult to deal with. It seemed that people were not qualified for the positions they were put in. In the head office.
Great company... the pay sucks.
Licensed Security Officer (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 30, 2012
Pros: interesting job.
Cons: they need to screen their employees better.
Although I truly believe G4S cares for their employees, sometimes the very things in their policies such as the rule of "not vieing for advancement" often gets overlooked and the truly good workers get let go.
Plenty of available hours
Security Guard (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 17, 2013
A typical day may vary. You never know what to expect with security. Co-workers are very friendly and personable. The hardest part of the job is the shift work that comes along with the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is that from day to day you never know what the next may bring.
G4S Secure Solutions
Site Supervisor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 11, 2015
I have worked at G4S Secure Solutions for over 13 years. I have worked in both the residential and corporate sectors. I work 40 hours per week and I have been Site Supervisor for 10 of those 13 years. My associates and my clients are the most enjoyable part of my job
Mechanical technologist specialization in Quality Control and Quality assurance with manufacturing techniques
Security Services Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 16, 2012
Worked for a long span with one of the leading manufacturing industry and learned about skills and techniques in technology
Excellent training
Security Guard (Former Employee), Quinte, ONJune 26, 2015
Training programs were excellent and up-to-date. Emphasis was always on effective communications. Job entailed protecting and ensuring safety of premises, employees, patients and visitors. Regular patrols were completed.