G4S Secure Solutions

G4S Secure Solutions Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive environment
solution, Enforcement Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 10, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: long hours
The hardest part of any job is to take yourself out of the house and go to work. Work can be inviting as well if your companions are cordial and hospitable
very satisfactory job
Security Guard (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 4, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: long hours
* Guarding the security of offices, construction sites etc.

* Learned how to deal with different types of people.

* Management is very much reasonable to all the employees.

* Very cooperative and considerate co-workers.

* To work when there is harsh weather.

* To make sure the security of the workplace and get work satisfaction through that.
co workers
Security Guard (Former Employee), Parking AuthorityJune 15, 2014
Pros: alone in mobile for four years
Cons: inexperienced supervisors
I loved almost every minute of the job. The co workers were awesome. Coming in every day was wonderful. The management of the company was difficult to deal with. It seemed that people were not qualified for the positions they were put in. In the head office.
Was fired for refusing unsafe work
Security Guard (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMay 15, 2014
Pros: nice pay in the oilfields
Cons: long hours, little time at home, treated like dirt by the management
The first thing they tell you in training is that if you ever feel unsafe in your workplace then tell your supervisor and refuse the work. I did just that and got let go, replaced by a new Canadian that wouldn't speak up and doesn't know the labour laws protecting him. This company is untrustworthy and the training is bare-minimum enough to cover their – more... insurance and their bottoms in court. – less
WORK HARD
Security Guard (Current Employee), BRANTFORD ONMarch 25, 2014
Pros: working with good people
Cons: 12 hours
In side and out side security Long nights looking at monitors all night doing patrols
Good working environment but challenging aspects
Security Suopervisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2014
Review of reports
Liaison with property management, board of directors and security management
Fast paced and physically demanding
Mobile Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), North York, ONMarch 4, 2014
Shifts are on a 12 hour Day/Night rotation.
The company offers excellent training opportunities to further your knowledge in the Security field.
No direction, poor morale and high turnover for office & management staff
Scheduling (Former Employee), Richmond, BCFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: screening officers get free tim bits, coffee and ice cream once in awhile and office staff gets nothing
Cons: lack of direction, lack of communcation, everyone is replaceable mentality
If you don't have any ambition to develop your skills or if you're not looking for a long term career then you should apply to G4S Secure Solutions Aviation division. The company has no direction on how to fix the problems that exist such as poor working environment, low employee satisfaction and lack of communication because of their need to know basis – more... attitude. Management believes that everyone is replaceable therefore they do not care about retaining good employees. The attrition is so bad that you see 1-2 people per month resign from the office/management staff and these people are not even in a fast food, retail or a sales environment. If you look up past job postings for the last 2 years you will see that they keep recruiting for the same positions because people work there for a bit then quit cause of frustration. The schedules they push out to the screening officers is horrible too. There is absolutely no consideration for work life balance. They create schedules where you start at 3:30am one day then you could start at 5:30am another day within the same week. Bonuses are only paid out to specific groups and if you're not part of that group you get nothing even though you work just as hard if you want to. On the scheduling team, we don't really know what's going on with the operation since it's a need to know basis. All we do everyday is process shift trades, print out rosters, filing paperwork and update spreadsheets which a trained monkey could do. – less
Productive and intersting workplace
Bilingual IRC Operator (Former Employee), mississauga, onNovember 13, 2013
Pros: continuous training, place for advancement, selection of my shifts
Cons: the length of the shifts, and punctuality issues of relieving operators
My shifts were rotational and were either 11pm to 11am or 11am to 11pm
The position entailed me and my team to answer calls, respond to alarms, and take reports of any and all occurrences/incidents with TD's ATM machines and bank branches across Canada. These reports were then, to be transmitted, via email to suitable departments, and TD bank officials.
I – more... learned to multitask, meet tight deadlines, utilize different software's, work well under pressure, take complaints, and enhanced my customer service skills.
My favorite part of the day were my night shifts as the most interesting calls came in during the night.
The most enjoyable part of my job, was the enviroment and my co workers. – less
Good overall experience
Security Guard (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2013
Worked as an on call (Floater) Security Guard, any time any where; for that reason I always had the freedom to choose the sites and working hours as well.
Plenty of available hours
Security Guard (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 17, 2013
A typical day may vary. You never know what to expect with security. Co-workers are very friendly and personable. The hardest part of the job is the shift work that comes along with the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is that from day to day you never know what the next may bring.
Immature management, low morale
Training Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, BCAugust 11, 2013
Employee turnover is high, and dissatisfaction is rank among all employees.
Work with managers to increase productivity and work
Security Guard (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 20, 2013
Worked full time with team members
Worked at different locations and on call basis.
Help solve problems
Great work environment
Pre-Board Screening Officer (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMay 26, 2013
Pros: friendly environment, great staff
Cons: early starts
G4S is a large company with a main focus on customer service. Co-Workers are great, management is great. It gives me great pleasure to know I am contributing to a safer place when it comes to aviation security. I would recommend this job to a friend!
Overall good job
Screening Officer (Current Employee), Richmond, BCMay 13, 2013
Sometimes can be stressful but usually with the help of co-workers and management the day runs typically smoothly
great and best place to earn experience
Security Officer Supervisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 2, 2013
some days are easy then other the hardest part was is able to mange all work load, some time it was hard when short of stuff.
security guard
Gate guard (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 16, 2013
easy job. long commute to work. people were great. 3 days- 3 nights and 6 off.
no work consistency, poor wages,bad management
Security Guard (Current Employee), Waterloo, ONFebruary 13, 2013
Easy job, learned allot of security information, management doesnt care about employees,
Depends upon the place of posting.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: free coffee.
Cons: humiliation all the time in spite of being helpful.
Normally, all days are good and some days are tiring.

I learned to read minds of customers.

Management is good as far as I have known.

Co-workers are polite, but if placed in hotels work is tiring and no refreshment like food and/or snacks are available.

Hardest part is to stay vigilant all the time, expecting the unexpected, and NO incentives.

Most – more... of the days are cool, but who knows what the next day is going to bring. – less
work experience with G4S
mobile patrol officer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: enjoyed working with fellow co-workers
Cons: being punished for one mistake
I enjoyed working with fellow co-workers at beginning but later felt like I was being treated like a number. i had made some mistakes but thought they would feel that a loyal and dedicated employee should be given a second chance.

1 2 3 4 5