G4S Cash Solutions

G4S Cash Solutions Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Training was excellent
CASH CLERK (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 18, 2014
A typical day at work consisted of money coming in from the bank machines and running it and making sure it balanced. Once we were all balanced then we prepared money in sealed bags to go back to the machines in a timely and organized manner. I learned how to organize my time efficiently. I felt like management was very helpful and I like that they – more... had an open door policy. The training was excellent and felt like I learned a lot in a short time frame but didn't feel over whelmed. The hardest part of the job was balancing at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part of the day was running the money. – less
G4S (Sudbury, ON)
Driver/Guard (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONOctober 25, 2013
Loved the job, but not the company; and it appears they did not like me too much either. Never knew what day you might be working, or whether or not you would keep your shift. Management was fair, but intimidated by the union. My co-workers, if casual, where decent enough, but full time employees, well they lacked professional qualities, in my opinion. – more... Personally, I would not work for this company again. – less
Good company
Armed guard (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 27, 2013
I have very much enjoyed my time at G4S Cash Solutions. I typically work 8-10 hours a day doing various jobs in the vault and on the road. I worked as a trainer to train new ewmployees and I find the job very fulfilling.
good company
Woking Trunker Driver / Transport Manager (Current Employee), Woking, ENGOctober 7, 2014
Good company but extreme work load for a single person to undertake. Love the pressure but on occasions it's just physically impossible to be in ten places at once.
Busy, Stressful but enjoyable workplace
National NCC Administrator (Former Employee), Centurion, GPSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: medical aid contribution
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work will start with me supervising the staff on branch/vault openings. I will then advise them if they don't work according to the standard operating procedures. After openings, a report is sent to management based on my findings.
I learned that you must have patience with other staff members as they are not on the same level and training – more... needs to be adjusted according to their understanding levels.
The co-workers had a lot of respect for me and always told me that I help them a lot and I'm always willing to listen to problems that they might have and give advise or assist.
The hardest part of the job for me was the stand-by hours. There were times when I worked 24 hours straight without going home etc.
The enjoyable part of the job was to learn different people that comes from very different sorts of life. And to learn their culture and just to interact with them. – less
Out the office - Like to travel
Account Executive/ Sales Rep (Current Employee), Polokwane, LPJuly 15, 2014
I am a confident person who is naturally outgoing. I have had experience of communicating with all different levels of personnel and feel that I am able to adapt as necessary.

I thrive on working to targets and like to ensure that I exceed these targets where possible. I like to travel and have a good general knowledge of various areas and if not then – more... I will research as necessary.

I am very organized and have good time management skills. I am a dedicated and true person looking for a long career.

As an individual striving for success, some key points that are relevant to these opportunities include:
I work independently with little supervision.

I am regarded as a competent team member who is always prepared to go the extra mile.
Someone who is able to remain focused and self-directed environment while dealing with conflicting demands.

I am a motivated person who is committed to the highest standards of work and performance.

Thank you for your time and consideration and I look forward to speaking with you soon. – less
Able to work independantly
Fleet and workshop manager (Former Employee), Krugersdorp, GPMay 14, 2014
Pros: stable company with unlimited potential
Cons: very long hours
This is a very good company to work for as its very reliable and stable.
I was a sub contractor however so I wasn't completely involved in the company. However what I heard from all their staff was very positive.
Learned alot from that place
Technical security officer (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPMarch 4, 2014
Pros: when we doing a good job then they buy as lunch
Cons: morning shift must be off at 13h00 but if there alot to do then you might go home at 18h00
When I start afternoon shift and everything is up to date then you just go out and do road checks.

I learned how to supervise and manage over 100 staff members.

The management at the branch was great

Good people to work with.

When it comes to a armoured vehicle standing with a system problem and I must fixed it especially when I don't know what – more... the problem might be then I must start trace think and do.

When my manager go on leave then I take over. – less
busy
Cashier (Current Employee), Leeds, ENGFebruary 24, 2014
Very busy bed and bedroom furniture retailer, later merged with Bensons for Beds
Its productive and fun
H.R. Executive (Current Employee), Bangalore, KarnatakaFebruary 13, 2014
Its different each day
Learned to handle different types of Situations.

Management is good

Co - Workers are good and helpful

Verification Part

Preparing Salary and Wages
Enjoyable working environment
Contract Management Coordinator (Current Employee), London, ENGDecember 1, 2013
A typical day at work consists of receiving and actioning requests from branches/depots all over country, dealing with emails and customer requests in order to amend customer contracts. As time in the role progresses, new skills are learned every day and new ways to improve the effectiveness of the working day are discovered.

My co-workers and I work – more... well in our team and everyone looks out for one another, work is actioned accordingly and help and support given to each other where applied in order to complete tasks efficiently.
The most enjoyable parts is the satisfaction of helping customers gain what they want and the team I currently work within. – less
Excellent
Receptionist/Administrator (Former Employee), ManchesterOctober 28, 2013
learned a lot of admin skills, receptionist duties and customer service
busy department
cashier (Current Employee), Bradford, ENGOctober 21, 2013
a typical day at work is setting desk up ready for counting back the cassettes. notes are run through a note counter and all data is inputted into computer. At end of each bank the monies are balanc ed.
Fun workplace
STAINED NOTE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Pretoria, GPSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: pension fund and medical aid
I was left to my own discretion and did my work as it come in. I never delayed on email and always kept the clients happy as far as I could.

I enjoyed my work very much - the hours was very nice from 08:00 to 16:00
Bussy work place
Accounts Payable Assistant (Former Employee), Sheffield, ENGJuly 1, 2013
Opening the post and coding invoices, inputting invoices onto SAP, matching invoices to Purchase Orders, Dealing with rejected and disputed invoices, both internal and external. e-mail / telephone queries. Statement reconciliaton. Chasing refunds
Productive and Fun work place.
Customer Service Co-ordinator (Former Employee), SuttonApril 29, 2013
Pros: good resonable hours, resonable lunch hours and great employees
Working with G4S as well as it being a good company can be fun because of the employees and the benefits that come with the job. It is a productive and fun environment to work in, at times can be challenging but there is always someone to help if you encounter any problems.

A typical day at G4S would be to monitor phones and email box's for customers – more... and in company branches looking for the customer service team to follow out anything that they request.

At G4S I learned how to be assertive in delivering excellent customer services timely and effectively and helped me to work well to targets in pressured environments.

The management were great very friendly and always understanding if ever you had a problem or needed to talk to them about something, over all they are the perfect managers and always looking out for their staff.

The co-workers, are all very friendly they get on with their jobs but can also be sociable at the same time as carrying out their job the best they can, every employee is always there to lend a helping hand if ever someone needs help or assistance with something.

There wasn't really a hard part of the job that would have to be the training when learning everything you need to know to carry out the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the staff meetings and getting to discuss what you feel needs to be changed when carrying out your job. – less
HARD WORKING PLACE
BRANCH SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee), FREE STATE BETHLEHEMJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: no launch
Cons: long hours
. I have eleven (11) years experience in the Cash in Transit Industry and I am currently in the position of Branch Security Officer at Bethlehem Branch.
I am a hard and dedicated worker and have knowledge of MOS and Analysis reports. I also have the knowledge and experience in the Cash Processing Centre and Training of staff and the auditing of all – more... departments. I am also conversant with the ISO Quality Management system and the requirements. I am able to tremendous pressure and I am a lateral thinker and have the ability to adopt quickly. I am computer literate and have hands on experience. I do have training in health and safety. I am responsible for security of the branch and am in charge of the branch whenever the manager is not at the branch. – less
good work place
secure driver (Current Employee), essexSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: own boss as one man vehicle
Cons: long hours
driving armoured vehicle,delivering/collecting cash from and to customers,working to time scales and time windows for customers needs,operating hand held terminal which stores all information,reciepts etc from money delivered /collected throughout day,and being alert and security minded have got to be in job ,co workers are good and very helpfull and – more... managers are fair and always ready to help to,the job is good and you meet new people and also regular customers which makes the job lot easier and safer – less
its nice to work for G4s
boxroom controller (Former Employee), cape town westarn capeJuly 11, 2012
it was nice working there but there is one thing that i leant there is that never trust your co-workers.
Multinational company, investor in people.
General Clerk (Former Employee), BirminghamMay 24, 2012
Worked with some great people, made many new friends. Enjoyed building a rapport with customers.