G.N. Johnston Equipment Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Stay away
Road service technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 October 2017
Like all the other reviews say, stay away!!! They provide almost 0 training. Extremely unsafe work environment with almost no safety training. Managers have no idea what they are doing. As a road tech you are the service advisor, parts technician, technician, and the appointment coordinator. You are somehow still expected to make 8 hours a day working on forklifts while doing 4 people's job and driving all over the city. This place is bad, stay away.
Cons
Embarrassed to be associated with them
Road tech (Former Employee) –  Ottawa10 March 2017
Was formerly a decent company. Times got tough, they showed their trust colors. Despite head office ramming down your throat about how workplace harassment, they themselves are the biggest abusers. I watched a close friend suffer harassment from another co-worker. Nothing was done
I tried to help him, but the manager was best friends with my buddies harasser. Company looked the other way. After a tearful last workday watching my coworker tremble in fear from harassment, He died of a heart attack !
Company made a big show at his funeral, but reneged on promised money to his wife and son. After his widow called for nearly a year, they didn't have decency to tell her that no, they had no money as promised. But a week later, they spent tens of thousands on an afternoon party at a downtown hotel, Just for a get together.
My friend was mistreated
His wife and kids still grieve the loss of their father.
If you're an actor with no mechanical skills but can tell jokes and party with managers, you'll do well at GNJ
Pros
Free van, free tools, stay at home earning $35 an hour while renovating your house, drive kids to school in company van, hang out at shop watching movies, pull your boat or 4 wheeler with company van
Productive and fun place to work at
Driver Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 November 2016
Productive and fun place to work at. Fast paced environment. Friendly staff. Good Management. Busy place. Everyday you learn something new.
Terrible Management
Road Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK14 June 2016
Terrible Morale. Managers treat employees with no respect, and do not provide the support necessary to do the job. Western Canada management team worst I have ever worked for. Do not waste your time.
Pros
Industry average salary
Cons
Backstabbing managers, no morale
Good work envrionment
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 January 2016
I have worked for Johnston for a few years and I have had a good experience. People are friendly and helpful. I find there is a good work life balance and flexibility with management. I have had a chance to develop my administrative skills and have learned a lot about the industry. I feel that my job is rewarding both personally and professionally.
Dont waste your time
road service technician (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL23 December 2015
Used abused and shown the door...no concern what so ever towards safety. Nobody has sufficient training old boys club.... management is awful. Would not provide winter tires for service vans in remote part of Canada. Things were slow and they fired me instead of a lay off one week before Christmas. Greedy corporate giant backed by Toyota. Would not recommend this employer to my worst enemy.
Pros
company van
Cons
terrible management across canada
Service technician
Road Technician (Current Employee) –  Delta bc25 September 2014
Awful employer. They lied about giving raises. Employees have no seen a raise in over 6 years. I don't recommend this company. They switched over to a cheaper benefits plan. Training is insufficient.
Managers get hefty bonuses. Everyone is over worked.
Great people to work with
Purchasing Agent / Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga18 December 2013
Daily dealing with service technicians and vendors.
I have grown as a person and with the company in my positions by starting out in the warehouse picking the orders to placing the orders with the vendors and making sure they arrive on time.
Hardest part of the job is the manager taking all responsibility away so he can micro-manage.
There is no movement to grow within the company for myself as they are only hiring bilingual and postings are not internal but only external, I have been turned away from 2 positions because I am not bilingual
Pros
Unlimited over time
Cons
not being able to grow within the company
Warranty Claims Clerk
Warranty Claims Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 March 2013
I researched warranty claims daily to see if the clients were entitled to receive a warranty claim or not.
Daily data entry of cash sales. Filing

I was with this company through a job placement agency.

I enjoyed my time with this company.

No longer required any temps was reason for leaving.