FULL CYCLE BOOKKEEPER
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Tag and monitor fixed assets
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of every bank account
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
- Collect sales taxes from customers and remit them to the government
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits
- Issue financial statements
- Maintenance of aging accounts receivable
- Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner
- Pay any debt as it comes due for payment
- Provide information to the external accountant who creates the company’s financial statements
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Comply with local, provincial, and federal government reporting requirements
- Maintain the petty cash fund
- Purchase supplies and equipment as authorized by management
- Monitor office supply levels and reorder as necessary
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Administer group health plan
- Maintain inventory control and stock transfers
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested.
Desired Qualifications: The bookkeeper candidate should have post-secondary education in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience, as well as knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
Experience: A minimum of 10 or more years relevant work experience is required.
Wage and Benefits: Based on experience.
Thank you for your interest, only those candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted directly. Apply by email only. No agencies or phone calls please.