G&K Services

G&K Services Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good job not a career
Wharehouse Unloader/Loader (Current Employee), Augusta, GAJune 12, 2013
Pros: healthcare, paid vaction, 401k
Cons: hours cut, manual labor, unpredictable hours
A typical day for me would be a 8-10 hr. day, unloading, loading and inventorying products. The hardest part of the job was the manual labor. Got along well with all co-workers, and maintained a professional working relationship with management.
No support from upper manager
Service Manager (Former Employee), Jackson MSMay 27, 2013
The support from upper manager is a joke. They want more and will not help to get more. Do not get me wrong it is our job to get the numbers. It is just never ending.
Very Competitive Industry
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee), Rockford, ILMay 16, 2013
Pros: compensation
Cons: way to much driving
High turnover in sales and sales management is poor. The sales department is the outcast of the company. Seems as if service and sales work against each other within the same company. Only get commission on new accounts.
Good work environment
current corporate employee (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNMay 1, 2013
Good people to work with. Longer hours, value tenure and knowledge of the business.
good company not best local managment
Field Sales Manager (Former Employee), Earth City, MOApril 29, 2013
Management-needs improvement at local area worked for- much turnover in managers
territory sales representative
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee), Sikeston, MOApril 16, 2013
Pros: flexibility for schedule, met alot of new business owners
Cons: alot of travel and overnight stays
As a Sales representative, I oversaw a territory of over 2,600 prospects coveering 3 states. I was in charge of sales for uniform and facility services rental and direct purchase.
Rude company no compassion
Professional Garment Inspector / Laborer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 11, 2013
Cons: healthcare price, management experience.
went in between 5 and 6 am, management had NO clue what was going on what should be doing, co workers were great to work with, all hate working there. hardest part tyring to complete the job when management changes their expectation at least once a day .
Great place to work. Great communication
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mobile, AlApril 4, 2013
Pros: have a great manager. enjoying pot luck lunches and breakfasts in the office.
Cons: i can not think of any at this time.
I operated a 12 line switchboard while making a daily deposit with checks and cash. Assisted routemen with concerns over a radio for our customers. Aslo did data entry work inbetween. I loved my manager, her communication was great. She had an open door policy. she was a very fair person. My co-workers were, for the most part great to work with and – more... we were in a way, like a small family. Hardest part of my job was when my money didnt balance for my daily deposit. I knew it had to balance.
I enjoyed meeting,greeting and helping people in and out of the office. – less
Extremely busy place to work always on the run.
Route Service Rep (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 19, 2013
Typical work day is long and busy. No time to breath.I started this job with the plain of a career.Had great management in place and good chance of a career advancement. But after 7 months we had to close the plant and move the wash to Jonesboro AR. From that moment GK has gone down hill. We cant get all of the load on most days. I like the people I – more... work with but management is lacking in skill and performance in my opinion. Hardest part of the day is starting at 4:00 am and finishing between 5:00 and 7:00 pm. The most fun I have in a day is the customers I get to interact with. – less
customer is very cooperative and give you the requirements very clearly.
SD/AFS Consultant (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNMarch 19, 2013
customer is very cooperative and give you the requirements very clearly.
Terrible atmosphere, poor management,
Sales (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale flJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: good pay, if your sold account can stay sold
Cons: management, culture
No support from management, only micromanaging employees. If you you go a week without sales, you fear for your job. Little trAining and NO development of sales reps. When a new account gets sold, the service department messes it up and then I lose the commissions.
Steady Work Enviroment
Uniform Processor (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAJanuary 8, 2013
It was a constant movement of sorting and hanging clothes, standing in one position for 8 hours.
nice and quiet work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fairborn, OHJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: you have your own work space, not overcrowded
Cons: not enough employee interaction, robotic workplace
Easy place to work and get along. The management was good but sometimes inconsistent. Co-workers were easy to get along with whenever we interacted with one another. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep yourself busy when calls weren't coming in the call center. The most enjoyable part was the consistent hours you receive working there.
Things need to be better in the local branch.
Sales Executive (Current Employee), Chicopee, MAJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: good corporate people
Cons: management at my branch are not on the same page and do not communicate well.
The environment is not a positive environment. It could be much more fun if management could develop their people better and learn to unite the team together. Instead it is the opposite. The positve things are that I have some strong relationships inspite of that.
I work with a good maintanence team.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Graham, NCDecember 19, 2012
Pros: holiday luncheons
Cons: reconigition of leaders
There is always room for improvement. They have a good vertical layout but employees need more supervision for a better productivity performance.
Great hours, little room for advancement
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee), Coppell, TXDecember 11, 2012
Pros: great pay
Cons: few opportunities
Great hours and great pay. Good benefits. Poor advancement opportunities.
Great Company
GENERAL PLANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 26, 2012
Excellent Company to work for!! Compensation low, health benefits great! Nice balance between work/family life.-
Tough job that managment makes tougher!
Route Sales Rep (Former Employee), FLNovember 13, 2012
Pros: good pay and benifits
Cons: no future there
Long days and a lot of work was not the bad part of working for G&K.
It was coming back to plant and being treated like garbage by management(they are trained to do this) even to the point of insulting your family and and questioning your manhood for not meeting their ever changing goals. So much of what they do to make the job miserable was not nessisary – more... and only done to keep the turnover high(It is very high even in a resssion) . – less

December 4, 2012

Comments like this are unfounded and should be removed from this site. You are pointing fingers and blaming everyone else, did you ever stop and think maybe you were the problem? I worked at G&K Services, in management, and worked my way up the ladder. I saw employees who started out sweeping floors who furthered they careers in the company. It was not easy at times, I made mistakes, owned up to them and my managers helped me work through them. It's not an easy business, but I saw many of my employees, co-managers, and my managers work there up the ladder I left because of a medical condition, but I would give anything to go back. It is a great company and a wise choice even in tough times.

Uniform Service
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee), South CarolinaOctober 27, 2012
4 Day work week. Ealy morning start time. Start times as early as 3am. Work in all weather comditions.
Shipping
Geneal Labor (Current Employee), Menomonee Falls, WIOctober 23, 2012
Pros: three lunch breaks
Cons: too many numbers
I work with garments, I separate clothes by its account number and dress the clothes. It is something to be quick at because they ask for a certain percentage each day. Lots of team work and everyone is good to work with.

About G&K Services

A leader in uniform rental and facility products for more than 100 years, G&K Services is committed to enhancing your business – Read more