G&K Services

G&K Services Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Place to work.
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMNovember 12, 2013
Work starts very early and ends whenever...long hours good pay. Very competitive and challenging work environment. Good overall company. If you strive for a challenge...this is the company for you.
Horrible management
Territory sales rep (Current Employee), Phoenix AZNovember 9, 2013
Pros: not sitting in an office everyday
Cons: micro management, excessive phone, paperwork, office and phone meetings
This co. expects the route drivers to do their job and sell, find the sales reps new leads! If they don't find any they are chastised. The management team is passive aggressive, rude , demeaning, cold, condescending, manipulative and hire others just like themselves from outside.
The turn over is so high they now have an elaborate training cycle. It – more... lasts for 3 months. No company does this unless they know they are going turn and burn employees. Sales reps are told to do more and more every week, but the only team reaping your rewards and commission is the managers and owners, investors. This is a good stop if your in a tight bind and need a job. It's not a career, you won't go very far in a 5 yr stretch !
You will put lots of miles, wear & tear on your car and then be told you need a newer car , upgrade your cell phone for their systems in place and your reimbursement on both is minimal. When the economy turns more than half of their staff that is now very unhappy will bale out. Since these are hard times they can get away with treating everyone like dirt and the know it. Once were gone they will hire others like yourself that is just looking for a good position. It's all smoke & mirrors! – less
family atmosphere
TSR (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALOctober 14, 2013
Pros: promotes from within, customer oriented
I have work at G&K for over 5 years. I'm currently in my 5 position. G&K loves to promote from within and they provide constant training for you to help you reach your goals!! If you show that you are capable anything is possible with this company!
Great local management, good hours
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee), Loveland, ColoradoSeptember 16, 2013
I liked working there. They took good care of me. Hours could be long but had good support from Management.
Horrible experience
New Order Supervisor (Former Employee), Albuquerque NMAugust 30, 2013
In my interview I was promised so much and was told I was being hired with a great possibility of advancement to a good paying salary. I was offered 16.50 an hour. It was a little more that I was making at my previous job, After beginning employment they made me salaried and they were expecting me to work until the job was done witch is not a issue – more... if they were staffed adequately to perform the job requirements. My work schedule soon became 5:30am to 700pm for the same amount of pay since they make you salaried since the start since they know that you are going to have to work more that 40hr a week. No mater how many times you ask for them to train you in there antiquated systems you never get any assistants. Their idea of training you is to throw you in to the stock room and let the employees train you to what every they know and for you to figure out everything else on your own, But your commitments still have to be met even though you were not given the correct skills to help met the job duties. When voicing my concerns of the hours I was having to work because they kept firing staff and not hiring replacement nor being trained adequately and asking them when they were going to hire more employees so I could have a adequate staff to alleviate me working the ridicules amount of hours for a salaried employees they just gave me the option to resign. Thanks G&K very professional – less
Great group of people and family balance
Employee Solution Center Analyst (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNAugust 24, 2013
I enjoy working for G&K Services. I've been their 3 1/2 years in the HR Dept.
Active demanding environment
Procurement Coordinator (Current Employee), Direct Purchase Atlanta, GeorgiaAugust 2, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: facility closing
Daily time sensitive duties everyday, problem solving in between adds spice to the routine.

Multiple departments allowed a broad range of personalities to interact with co-workers.

Hardest part of the job has been the ever existing Must have Rushes.

The most enjoyable part of the job has been accomplishing the ever existing Must have Rushes.
Great Co-Workers but Pay Low
Industrial Wastewater Operator (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 1, 2013
Pros: nice people
Cons: pay was low
Short but sweet... Really liked co-workers and supervisor was good.
Pay was just to low for an experienced WWT Tech.
Spent day treating wastewater and doing some basic maintenance work.
GOOD MANAGEMENT
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Justice, ILJuly 23, 2013
Pros: work hours
Cons: lay off
THE MANAGEMENT AND CO-WORKERS WERE GREAT TO WORK WITH EVERYONE WAS HELPFUL IN THE TIME AS NEEDED
workplace was fun to go to work
Production Laborer (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJuly 14, 2013
Pros: could leave the site to eat lunch.
Cons: when somebody did not show up for that day.
every moring we were greeted with donuts and coffee at our mornig meetings.
productive workplace with great employees
building overhead /shuttle driver (Current Employee), charlotte ncJuly 6, 2013
Pros: great people, weekends off, nonstressful enviroment
g&k is a great place to work in my opinion I work in the plant I do a number of things drive the shuttle,operate the matt rolling machine,soil department ,and building overhead and ive only been there for 4 months yea I hear people complain all the time but you will have that anywhere you go im glad to have this job its easy I mean everything is easy – more... to do here and the best part is I have every weekend off all these people that wine and complain should be glad they have a job – less
Great Experience and very flexible
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee), Davenport, IAJune 25, 2013
I wake up around 5:00 AM everyday and head to office to load my truck with carts and clothes. I leave around 6:00 AM to head out into field. I then have a territory I am in charge of making all deliveries and process all returned items or new orders. I have learned how to manage my time, sit down one on one with main contacts and handle any issues that – more... there maybe, and I have developed a sense of how to run a business because I am basically running my own small business in a way. The management is there to help when needed and reach out to us from time to time. They handle more of the paperwork in the office unless out filling in for some on vacation or sick. My co-workers are great. We are all pretty good friends outside of work and have each other over for BBQ's. The hardest part I would say is handling some of the items we have to pick up from each stop, whether it has been outside in the rain or snow or just baking in the direct sunlight. Also a hard part is no holiday time off. The most enjoyable part would be the flexibility I have for family time and being home by 3:00 PM everyday and no weekends. – less
Co-workers were fun but no opportunity for advancement and superviser is unprofessional
General Laborer (Former Employee), New Berlin, WIJune 24, 2013
Pros: the employees are nice
Cons: not long enough break only 10 minutes long
Too much favoritism and not enough opportunities for advancement for women. Same old thing everyday, not very much movement.
Used to be a really great place to work for
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee), Coppell, TXJune 17, 2013
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: not always getting what you need to service customer
Get to work at 4 a.m., load truck with what was needed for the day and run the route. I learned a lot about the uniform business. There are a few members in management that were and still are great people to work for and to know. Then there are some who I wouldn't turn my back too. My co-workers were awesome, they all will be missed. Not always getting – more... the product when needed was the hardest part. Most enjoyable part was being a member of a team when the company had a good service manager. – less
Good job not a career
Wharehouse Unloader/Loader (Current Employee), Augusta, GAJune 12, 2013
Pros: healthcare, paid vaction, 401k
Cons: hours cut, manual labor, unpredictable hours
A typical day for me would be a 8-10 hr. day, unloading, loading and inventorying products. The hardest part of the job was the manual labor. Got along well with all co-workers, and maintained a professional working relationship with management.
No support from upper manager
Service Manager (Former Employee), Jackson MSMay 27, 2013
The support from upper manager is a joke. They want more and will not help to get more. Do not get me wrong it is our job to get the numbers. It is just never ending.
Very Competitive Industry
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee), Rockford, ILMay 16, 2013
Pros: compensation
Cons: way to much driving
High turnover in sales and sales management is poor. The sales department is the outcast of the company. Seems as if service and sales work against each other within the same company. Only get commission on new accounts.
Good work environment
current corporate employee (Current Employee), Minnetonka, MNMay 1, 2013
Good people to work with. Longer hours, value tenure and knowledge of the business.
good company not best local managment
Field Sales Manager (Former Employee), Earth City, MOApril 29, 2013
Management-needs improvement at local area worked for- much turnover in managers
territory sales representative
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee), Sikeston, MOApril 16, 2013
Pros: flexibility for schedule, met alot of new business owners
Cons: alot of travel and overnight stays
As a Sales representative, I oversaw a territory of over 2,600 prospects coveering 3 states. I was in charge of sales for uniform and facility services rental and direct purchase.

About G&K Services

A leader in uniform rental and facility products for more than 100 years, G&K Services is committed to enhancing your business – Read more