G&K Services Employee Reviews in Canada

Job satisfaction will be highly dependent on local management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CanadaJuly 2, 2015
Very hard to achieve sales quotas, even for top performers.
Little room for advancement unless willing to relocate.
Some branches are more successful than others.
Pros
Fair compensation
Barbecues , Birthday cakes, promos
RSR (Former Employee) –  HamiltonApril 3, 2015
A typical work day could be long and the expectations were unrealistic given the work load. Mentally and physically taxing, not for everyone. I learned to be professional when servicing the customer providing a product or service and service issues. As far as management was concerned they were knowledgeable but lacked empathy and did not always communicate to the customer or RSR. The hardest part of the job was dealing with shortages and finding out that the customer had called in to speak to management and not received a call back. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the same people week after week and knowing that some of them actually liked you.
Pros
Learning the garment rental business and applying some the things you earned to another job.
Cons
Long hours.
Physical
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  ottawaApril 17, 2015
This job is very hard on the body, mentally aswell. must be physically fit. Must be able to deal with irate customers daily. Co workers are the reason we show up every day.
Pros
Cons
very long hours
Hard Working Environment
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONFebruary 12, 2014
Going door to door Cold Calling, building prospects and gaining new customers. Learn to accept rejections and to never allow it to bother me. I had a great relationships with the management group, they were very supportive. I have build great relationship with my co-workers with G&K, I'm the type of person that would say Hi to every one and I always thought that that made me easily approachable. The hardest part of the Job at the beginning was to accept rejection. The Most enjoyable part of my Job is knowing that I have met my Sales Objectives by continuoulsy working hard and keeping a positive attitude.
Pros
job security
Cons
warm and cold weather conditions
Fun and educational
Office clerk (Current Employee) –  Lakeside, NSFebruary 13, 2014
Interacting with the elderly taught me compassion, as well as a love for the elderly and the stories they have to tell. The most enjoyable part of the day would have to be doing something special for one of the residents, something as simple as , " an ear". The hardest part would be seeing them decline, and eventually pass away.

I had a very good relationship with the management, as an employee who worked there for 8 yrs in food service, then left to go to College, they gave me the opportuntity to do my work placement there at the Reception Desk, to practice my skills.
Pros
it is a great place to work.
Cons
there were no full time positions in my field, and the pay is low.
Sales and Customer Service
Route Manager, Team Leader, Route Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONNovember 11, 2012
G&K Services has been committed to enhancing image and safety in the workplace for more than 100 years. G&K helps customers create a lasting impression in the workplace by enhancing their image and safety. More than rental work uniforms, G&K's technical expertise extends to food safety and flame resistant solutions as well. G&K customizes to your unique image, safety, and security needs.
Great
Purchasing Director (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 6, 2015
Such a good place to work and the management team is so nice and helpful. Definitly enjoyed working here and making great netoworks. Would reccoment this.
management
service mgr (Former Employee) –  windsorNovember 12, 2012
extremely unprofessional organization to work for; "sweeps" conducted regularly to boost revenue without customer knowlege or consent. real life it is called stealing. unethical to the 10th degree.
Pros
great frontline people
Cons
lousy mgmt and philosophy
good work place
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  sault ste. marie, ontarioOctober 25, 2014
good work place
management is good
most enjoyable time is summer
Waste company I ever worked for
General Labour (Former Employee) –  calgaryMarch 19, 2014
Bad management, no job security, bad company. No proper system following there. Not a professional way.
good
(Calgary) - (Payables clerk) (Former Employee) –  calgaryOctober 13, 2013
great enviroment and people to with.

good team work

great understanding with management.
Pros
great
The Supply Company that Cannot Supply
Route Manager / Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 25, 2014
Overall the job of Route Manager at G&K Services was fun. You arrive to work for 6:30am, get all of your employees on the road after they all approach you indicating they are short product. (Uniforms, Mats, Linens).... This is where the term "The Supply Company that Cannot Supply" comes from.
Once the employees are off on their routes, depending how you scheduled your day, you would either be on the road or working in your office, unfortunately ALWAYS putting out fires. There's never a day where you can be proactive with this company. Unfortunately they stray far away from their CORE VALUES and the CUSTOMER PROMISE which are posted around the office and warehouse. Customer invoices are touch negatively on what seems to be a quarterly basis. Inventories are increased without their knowledge, annual increases which state 5% on the agreements are only 5% for garments and 10% for all other products they receive (mats, soaps, linens).... Then there's the garment protection packages which should be reviewed with the customers, but instead isn't. All of the above play key factors in customers wanting to quit their accounts with G&K.

The hardest part of the job is trying to make your customers happy and believe in the company that ripped them off for the last 5 years, and then hid behind their auto-renewal clause on their agreements.

I learned that no matter how hard you work, no matter how many hours are put in, and no matter what kind of positive return you bring to the company, at the end of the day you're just a number. It's a corporate environment with no care for employees personal
  more... well-being. As a member of management, I seen first hand how employees were treated.

The most enjoyable part of the day.... Meeting with the customers. Getting an understanding for the many businesses out there and all of the interesting contacts you come in touch with.
Pros
monday to friday job with reasonable salary
Cons
long thankless hours, poor corporate atmosphere
PAS DE FORMATION
Électromécanicien d 'entretien (Former Employee) –  MONTRÉALDecember 21, 2014
BELLE ENVORONEMENT DE TRAVAIL MAIS MAQUE DE RESSOURCES POUR FORMER LES NOUVEAUX ARRIVES
Pros
tres bonnes assurances collectives
Cons
pas d'accompagnement
Un bon emploi
Chef d’équipe de la salle de lavage (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 8, 2013
Emploie de nuit alors un horaire assez spéciale. une bonne ambiance de travaille dans des bonnes conditions. Mon poste consiste a laver toutes sortes d'uniformes de différentes compagnie, de Montréal et que Quebec ainsi que Kingston et Ottawa.