Fuzz Wax Bar Employee Reviews

They did not honor my pay raise
Esthetician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 October 2017
I worked for this company for a very long time and they do not always honor pay raises promised or in contract.
There are also no benefits
also they do not pay over time if you are still working on a client after buiness hours.
They also like to make other appointments shorter in your schedule so they can fit in clients which in turn will make you have a longer work day where you dont get paid for those extra clients.
Cons
No benefits
Terrible
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON19 September 2017
This place is SO unorganized
theres constant work drama with all the gossip from coworkers including the manager that make you go mental
this job takes over your life
pay is SO LOW for both reception and waxers its ridiculously below industry standards, no commission except a tiny amount on membership sales
don't bother with this place, head management are ridiculous and never involved, so every location is scrambling to do things on their own
Pros
you do nothing when its dead
Cons
constant drama, no organization, low pay, people talking about their body hair all day
Great Company!
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  HQ22 August 2017
Currently working as an Administrative Coorndinator and enjoying my time/experience. Have been at different companies with a more corporate workplace culture and knew it wasn't for me. Fuzz Wax Bar offers the workplace culture, I am looking for and a enjoyable place for me to learn and grow.
Pays Well
Esthetician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2017
The company is very busy, the schedule is alway booked and the tips are really good.
I have always had support from the Front line when the days get super busy. Great Team!
Pros
Great Pay
Not a good atmosphere
Frontline (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2017
I think Fuzz Wax Bar is a company that's continually trying to grow, which sounds great on paper but they do not care or appreciate their staff. Overall it's a very negative company to work for, and I would not recommend it.
Productive and fun workplace with a supportive team!
Front Line (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2017
To start off, working frontline is great and the hours are flexible and fit to your schedule. The staff are super friendly and it's such a positive environment to work in. It is a fast-paced environment which is great because there is always something to do and I really enjoy the roles that I take on. Not to mention, Management is great and they are always willing to teach you and are open to questions and are willing to re-train on anything if you feel unsure. If you are going to do any reception job in Toronto (or in general), I suggest applying at Fuzz!
Pros
Fun environment, Hard-working team, Great management
Great place to work!
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2017
Amazing and supportive workplace enviroment with lovely friendly staff. There is a great work/life balance and salary provided. Benefits are also a great plus!
Pros
Great & fun work enviroment.
Amazing, supportive team
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2017
Working for Fuzz has been a really great experience. Everyone is very supportive, fun, and positive. At Fuzz, they really motivate you to push your skillsets, and they want you to grow with the company.

Everyone is really passionate about their job and it has been great working for such an amazing company.
Very mediocre pay for good work
Fuzzologist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 May 2017
The employees are great to work with, it is chill, very clean but there are some things that aren't the greatest. The pay is very average for a company who's employees are working hard & fast while still giving top notch services to the clients. We are expected to be great waxers, work sales for retail, & still entertain for tips. The schedule is very flexible when wanting to work longer hours but locked in(not easy to switch entire schedule from evening to morning or morning to evening). Also, if you are calling in sick, you are still asked to come in & work; if you puke then they will send you home but if you don't you are there until the shift is done sucking it up. If you really can't work, you feel bad that you can't come in forgetting you are the one that is sick. To be completely honest, I don't get paid enough to put myself in overly warm rooms, sweating, get soreness & pain to slouch doing services. As well if your tweezers get stolen, you are responsible to buy it back with your own money. Of course like all companies, there will be those people who don't put in the same effort to clean their rooms as you do.
Pros
Flexible shifts, chill on down times
Cons
Not worth going to school to work here
Very disorganized, HIGH TURNOVER, Poor training, Poor staff
Receptionist/ Frontline (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 February 2017
Although the services are done well and the facility is very clean, the management staff are totally clueless with training and how to offer support to their staff. Also, depending on which location you work at the staff are very unpleasant b----es and will talk behind your back and give you an attitude WHILE ON SHIFT.
Pros
Benefits (if you even work there long enough to get them)
Cons
Poor training, lack of communication, poor work culture and bad energy
Good money, not worth the nerves
Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2016
The company really needs to put their attention to upper management. There's no balance work/life when you get called all the time, even on days off, just to check on you. When you're an adult and having an important position you don't need other people to babysit you. Not going to add any more, but they are NOT accommodating with mental health. That's my issue.
I loved the staff and idea, but executing the idea isn't in the best manner.
good as a starting job, advancement only possible for a few
Staff (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 November 2015
Good work environment. Friendly co workers. Basic pay to start off with. Good location. Advancement possible for few staff members. Overall friendly and pleasant.