Unix Operations Specialist
Permanent position, excellent benefits
Downtown location, competitive salary
Benefits paid almost in full by the employer
Gym subsidy , RRSP contributions and more
Our client is a pioneer in online payment solutions, and is currently and is currently searching for a Technical Operations Specialist to join their team. As part of the Technical Support team, the successful candidate will be responsible for deploying and maintaining advanced electronic payment applications used by international clients.
- Maintain and enhance the automated build and deployment Unix scripts.
- Liaise with various internal departments regarding the integration, configuration, and
troubleshooting of our proprietary software applications via telephone and email.
- Ensure a high level of availability on the various systems.
- Secure application systems and perform required daily controls.
- Execute application systems performance management functions.
- Ensure proper operation of disaster recovery solution and conduct regular tests.
- Provide level 3 technical support to the Application Support team.
Core technical skills:
- UNIX (Sun Solaris)
- Perl coding
- Shell coding
- Networking knowledge
- Oracle PL/SQL programming experience
Desirable technical skills:
- WebLogic console management
- Background in development
- J2EE application server technology.
- Java coding knowledge.
Education and Qualifications:
- You have a University degree in Computer Science, Programming, or equivalent
- You have between 3 to 5 years of experience in Internet or MIS support
- You are familiar and comfortable working in a production environment, and are
committed to producing high-quality work according to a predictable schedule.
- You are responsible and a solid team player, you can work independently and have
strong synthesizing and analytical skills.
- You are able to multitask and work in a fast paced environment, often on projects
with tight timelines and different priorities.
- You are a self-starter, meticulous and results-oriented.
- Experience in a banking, financial services, transactional or credit card processing environment is a great asset