Business Analyst –Senior (Planning/ Enterprise Senior Organizational Change Mgmt (OCM) Lead)
Location: Edmonton Alberta
Estimated Start Date: Jan-13
Length of Assignment: 3 months to start
Rate : $80 -$95/hr
The consultant will:
- Work independently and in a team environment under the direction of the e-Accounts Program Manager, the Planning and Enterprise Reporting stream Project Manager, and relevant IT and business stakeholders as appropriate.
- The Business Analyst is responsible for overall management and successful delivery of business analysis deliverables for the assigned initiatives.
- Provide input to project status at a frequency required by the Project Management Office and project stakeholders.
- Provide input to the development and updating of Project Charters, schedules and other plans (e.g., Contract Requisitions, Statements Of Work) as required, including change control.
- Develop and/or manage the development, review and acceptance of business analysis work products and deliverables identified in the approved Project Charters, schedules and other plans.
- Develop and/or manage the development of business and project requirements
- Engage in the management of issues and risks
- Assist with stakeholder communications processes, and identify communication needs.
- Manage the stakeholder requirements/ quality set out in the approved Project Charters and plans, schedules and other plans in accordance with AHS IT PMO and generally accepted PMI (Project Management Institute) practices.
- Provide business analysis related to the assigned initiatives.
- Business and functional requirements definition and analysis
- Test plan development as required
- Training material and training plan development
- Change management planning and communication
- Business process requirements and system requirements
- Process modeling
- Technical and business writing
- Gap/fit analysis
- Financial/Business Case analysis
- Analytical, problem solving and critical thinking
- Work with the clients to determine the Opportunities for Improvement (OFI’s)
- Facilitation and coordination experience in project planning, execution, reporting, monitoring and evaluation
- Identify and understand business needs to determine solutions to business problems and to document requirements
- Document and evaluate existing processes using process analysis, accepted process notation language and workflow diagram standards
- Plan, review and provide input into process improvement initiatives including process re-engineering and re-design projects
- Understand, document and analyze business systems, including interactions of people, processes, technology and information
- Facilitate diverse groups to a decision or consensus
- Provide consultation on the use of re-engineering techniques to improve process performance and product quality
- Author test scenarios and scripts as required
- Network and cultivate working relationships
- Effective Communication (written and oral)
- Work with the project team to ensure delivery to the required specifications
- Ability to relay or explain complex issues or deal with difficult situations
- Collect data to identify root cause of problems/business issues
- Develop metrics that provide data for process/performance measurement identifying indicators for future improvement opportunities
- Measure performance against process requirements and facilitate the development of improvement strategies to resolve performance shortfalls
- Perform cost and benefit analyses and contribute to the development of business case and planning documents
- Must be able to develop and deliver presentations including measurement analysis, improvement and control
- May be required to conduct surveys and analyze best practices for techniques and processes * * Actively perform knowledge transfer to client employees
- Senior Business Analysis (BA) experience and education
- Knowledge of BA tools and templates
- Healthcare knowledge and experience
- Expertise in MS Office suite, including MS Project and Visio
- Expertise with, and/or management of SharePoint site
- Project Management experience
- Ability to execute on all deliverables
- Work independently with minimal direction
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables that have overlapping completion dates
- Ability to build and maintain client/business relationships
Other Specifications (Assets):
- Minimum 10 years experience as a BA
- Business Analysis certification from a recognized institute preferred
- Business Analysis experience in Healthcare and/or business transformation environment
- Financial Reporting experience
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- The ability to inspire and build confidence in others
Indeed - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard