Our client is a national leader in the IT field. They are presently looking for someone to be part of their team in the network division.
Network Support Technician
We are currently seeking a Network Support Technician. The Network Support Technician will be responsible for installing, configuring, and supporting the client’s local area networks (LAN), user accounts, PCs, databases, and Internet system, Also provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, email, and operating systems. This position requires experience with network and desktop support with respect to the job duties, knowledge, skills and abilities listed below.
- Specify, configure, maintain, and monitor local area network hardware and software, such as personal computers, system software, software applications, printers, servers, routers, switches, cabling, email, firewalls, and Internet service.
- Perform software upgrades and install patches and hot-fixes as needed.
- Respond to the needs and questions of network users concerning their access to resources on the network. Resolve these issues as needed.
- Establish and maintain network user accounts, user environments, directories, security, and connectivity.
- Manage computer inventory and software licenses using the Computer Equipment database.
- Assist with the development of documentation related to network operating systems, server hardware, PC support, problem resolution, and other systems as needed.
- Communicate with vendors and external support resources as appropriate.
Qualifications – Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a position that includes support of a client’s network
- Experience installing, supporting, upgrading, patching, maintaining, and troubleshooting operating system software on both servers and PCs.
- Hands on involvement with all aspects of desktop support, including: setup, configuration, deployment, documentation, troubleshooting, training, and maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve a diverse scope of helpdesk issues related to both the desktop and network environments.
- Knowledge of Local Area Networks (LANs).
- Knowledge of wireless network setups, TCP/IP and other networking protocols and an ability to troubleshoot Internet and VPN connectivity issues.
- Knowledge of network hardware, including desktop computers, printers, servers, routers, switches, cabling, and firewalls.
- Knowledge of Active Directory and experience using it to set policy and enhance security.
- Knowledge and experience with Exchange 2007 and Windows Server 2003/2008/2012.
- Experience setting up new network users, roles, and logon scripts.
Indeed - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard -