Microfocus Consultant – Contractor position
a. 5+ years of Micro Focus experience
b. Willing to travel 50%
c. Client-facing experience is mandatory
d. Contract position
Ensure successful solution delivery by providing the right solution architecture required to make each specific solution delivery engagement successful. Solution Architecture includes all the artefacts, knowledge transfer, subject matter expert (SME) assistance and mentoring required to help translate solution components, interfaces, functionality and future solution direction plans into acceptable deliverables over the duration of a solution delivery engagement.
Assist the Project Manager by providing the initial solution architecture to facilitate detailed project planning and then periodically validating solution architecture issues and opportunities throughout solution delivery engagement duration so that valid adjustments are made as required.
Microfocus Consultant is assigned part time to every solution delivery project, and is responsible for:
- All solution design and integrity, acting as solution arbiter
- Contributing to RFI and RFP technical answers
- Presenting and demoing solutions
- Performing brief Pilots and Proofs of Concept
- Analyzing, documenting and reporting customer requirements
- Communicating with Product Management to define new solutions, product improvements or the promotion of Field Developed Solutions
- Providing technical guidance for Solution Engineers, Business Consultants and Solution Delivery Consultants
- Assisting in opportunity hand-off from Pre-sales to Professional Services and Customer Care
- Assisting on a part time consultative basis for Professional Services
- Expert in technology solution design and implementation
- Expert in technology solution implementation capabilities, architecture, development and design
- Minimum 10 years of software solution delivery and implementation experience in a software company or equivalent
- Relevant SME expertise
- Strong understanding of Enterprise and Application Architecture
- Mainframe and Distributed computer solution implementation background is required
- Skilled in the PL/I language
- Background in legacy technologies (preferred MVS/Cobol/DB2/CICS) and distributed technologies (preferred Java/XML/ J2EE Application Servers), .net also desirable.
- Good understanding of development methods (Procedural, OO, SOA) as well as XML, XMI, WS related standards
- Good technical knowledge of relational databases (Oracle or DB2 or SQL Server)
- Ability to install and administer applications on Windows and UNIX servers. Windows batch and UNIX shell scripting experience desirable
- Ability to multi-task in support of Sales in Pre-Sales mode
- Ability to handle customer meetings independently
- Experience with MS Office™ toolset - Visio included(required)
- Experience in data modelling using multiple notations and tools
- Excellent writing (RFI/RFP responses), communication, and presentation skills:
- Equally effective in one-to-one and group settings
- Ability to deliver formal presentations at different levels within an organization
- Strong ability to listen to business needs, identify desired outcomes and craft comprehensive solutions while building credibility in relationships.
- Proactive self-starter who can manage time and efforts independently
Masters degree in scientific discipline preferred, Bachelors degree required
General Skills and Competencies Required
To perform the TA job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following competencies.
1.Customer Service – Addresses the demands of the customer; Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Makes and meets commitments.
2.Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Able to respond well to questions in an unstructured format; Able to present to small or large audiences.
3.Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents technical and non-technical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
4.Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skilfully; Develops alternative solutions.
5.Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
6.Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently. Maintain a planned agenda with allowances for managing to the flexibility requirements of the business.
7.Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
8.Judgment - Displays a willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Makes timely decisions.
9.Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and attention to detail; sets the bar as best of breed.
10.Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly without sacrificing quality.
11.Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Recognizes and observes customer safety and security procedures
12.Adaptability - Manages competing demands; Functions across a variety of industry segments; Assimilates new technologies in a timely manner; Maintains skill in current technologies.
13.Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
14.Dependability - Responds to management direction; Understands and promotes company strategy; Takes responsibility for own actions and keeps commitments.