Reporting to the Manager, Information Technology, you will be responsible providing user support of the company’s Great Plains system; working with Corporate IT, monitoring and updating it the system. This position focuses on the use and continuous improvement of the Great Plains system as well as third party Great Plains applications.
You will provide expertise in Great Plains systems, support management and Corporate IT on system enhancements and special projects; end user support, assistance, and training; analyze current processes involving Great Plains; responsible for continuous process improvement through Great Plains; modify forms / reports through tools such as Modifier and Report Writer; and act as back up for other team members when required.
As an ideal candidate, you have:
- At least three (3) years’ experience with demonstrated knowledge of Great Plains, both front and back end, Great Plains implementation and upgrades.
- Post-secondary education in computer sciences.
- Familiarity with hardware and software concepts, and network connectivity, demonstrated knowledge of SQL database operation.
- Good understanding of security concepts and knowledge of antivirus and antispyware software.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the business.
- A service oriented demeanour.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct Business Process Review and identify gaps. Ability to improve, prioritize and make the processes more efficient as well as further automate continuous process improvements through Great Plains. Ability to test, rollout improvements and train end-users.
- Ability to work well independently, and as a team member.
- Ability to provide sound recommendations and address reporting / service needs quickly.
- Ability to work flexible hours or overtime as needed.
Indeed - 17 months ago