SUMMARY: Provides assistance to the Senior Management team and performs general office duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide administrative assistance to President and Senior Management.
- Provide assistance to Sales team in preparing presentations
- Prepare and maintain reports, documents, and spreadsheets as assigned.
- Photograph product and prepare Sell Sheets for new and promotional items.
- Create brochures and information packaged for Trade Shows.
- Coordinate/arrange management meetings, (internal & external) conferences, etc.
- Coordinate meals and refreshments as needed for meetings.
- Assist senior management with out of town travel arrangements.(flights, hotels, car rental etc.)
- Prepares correspondence, documents or memos using Word or Excel when required.
- Maintain Reception area (Visitors Log, showcase etc.)
- Update the contact lists and Mail boxes as needed.
- Purchase and maintains inventory of office supplies.
- Purchase and maintains refreshment supplies (boardroom and kitchen)
- Organize and maintains condition of supply room.
- Order business cards as needed.
- Maintain and order Trophy paper supply
- Receive and distribute daily mail
- Prepare all Courier Services daily.
- Assist in the coordination of company’s Social Events, charity drives, special events and activities.
- Adheres to all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Sends sympathy or congratulatory acknowledgement to salaried workers.
- Assists with fundraising and special events.
- Responds to and arranges charitable donations.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Customer Service - Responds promptly to external and internal customer needs; Meets commitments; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality. Listens to others without interrupting. Keeps emotions and personal opinions under control.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment- free environment.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports organizational goals and values.
Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Initiative - Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be fluent in English and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
Completion of an applicable post secondary program and a Business Degree along with; two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in English. Ability to speak effectively before customers, senior management and employees of organization.
Basic addition, subtraction and multiplication.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and/or oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have an intermediate to advanced level knowledge of Internet, Outlook, Spreadsheet software, PowerPoint and Word Processing software.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit in front of the computer. Will occasionally have drive locally to make meeting arrangements, purchase/pickup materials outside of the office.