The Ontario Medication Management Program (MMP) will develop and deliver a provincial Medication Management Services (MMS), through the creation of a repository of medication profiles referred to as the Drug Information System (DIS). The Drug Information System (DIS) will enable the secure electronic transfer and viewing of medications that are prescribed and dispensed in Ontario.
Point-of-Service (POS) systems will connect with the Drug Information System (DIS) which will provide a comprehensive medication profile that captures all patient medication information from both prescribers and dispensers.
The job description is for an Electronic Medical Record (EMR)-Medication Management Services (MMS) Specification Lead
- Lead the development of the Electronic Medical Record (EMR)-Medication Management Services (MMS) interoperability specification in collaboration with both the Medication Management and Physician eHealth teams.
- Participate in requirements review and incorporate/translate lessons learned into specifications
- Support Medication Management Services (MMS)-Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Proof of Concept development and usability testing
- Participate in Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Vendor Implementation Guide (VIG) development activities relating to Medical Management Services (MMS)-Electronic Medical Records (EMR) initiatives
- Work closely with other eHealth Ontario program leads and subject matter experts as required
- Contribute to the development of the Electronic Medical Records (EMR)-Medication Management Services (MMS) testing and conformance process
- Manage relations with OntarioMD for Medication Management Services (MMS)-Electronic Medical Records (EMR) initiatives/projects )
- Support Physician eHealth Electronic Medical Record (EMR) technology manager and specification lead to develop Electronic Medical Record (EMR) specifications as required for MMS- EMR integration
- Participate in consultations with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) vendors and clinician stakeholders
- Project management of other activities as assigned.
Skills & Experience Required
Electronic Medical Record (EMR) - Medication Management Services (MMS) Interoperability Development and Validation:
- Minimum 5 years project management experience
- Minimum 10 years public sector experience
- Extensive knowledge of Ontario healthcare system, physician office technology and existing solutions
- Extensive knowledge of Ontario’s and Infoway’s Electronic Health Records Blueprint
- Experience working with Ontario’s Electronic Medical Record Vendor Community and their respective product offerings
- Familiarity with Service Management, Control and Architecture Framework (such as Zachman) and principles applicable to the healthcare sector”
- Knowledge in Canadian primary care and ambulatory workflow
- Familiarity with various healthcare registries and systems” (e.g., Client Registry, Provider Registry, Ontario Lab Integration Systems)
- Knowledge of Pan-Canadian Standards and terminology as they apply to Electronic Medical Records solutions
- Experience working collaboratively with stakeholders with strong consensus building skills
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary teams
- Proven record of successful delivery of large and varied healthcare IT projects
- A demonstrated contributor in active team environment and capability to manage projects and deliverables to meet pressing deadlines
- Strong relationship management skills and experience with demonstrated experience liaising with government, broader health sector stakeholders
- Excellent knowledge in Health IT architecture and related national and international standards
Since our inception, Fuze HR has established itself as a unique player in the North American Executive Search market. Fuze HR's unique...