One of Fuze HRs clients is currently in need of an Electrical Supervisor to assist them in their Brampton facility. The selected candidate should demonstrate the ability to:
- Plan, organize, estimate, coordinate, assign, review and evaluate the work of others; select, motivate and evaluate staff and provide for their training and development; identify and implement effective courses of action to complete assigned work; read and interpret drawings, specifications and manuals; exercise independent judgment and initiative within established guidelines; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those encountered in the course of the work; coordinate work assignments with other divisions, departments or agencies.
- Under direction; plans, assigns, directs and inspects the work of personnel involved in the design, installation, testing, calibration, modification, maintenance, repair and servicing of industrial electrical and electronic instruments, equipment, devices, controls and machinery used in the production, and performs related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
- Provides first-line supervision, technical assistance and training to a staff of journey-level industrial electrical and electronics technicians
- Leads the team in troubleshooting of electrical problems and devise solutions for these problems
- Incumbents are responsible for formulating and developing goals and objectives, supervising assigned personnel and directing day-to-day activities.
- Ordering material for stock and jobs to be done
- Participates in the selection and training of personnel engaged in the design, installation, testing, calibration,
- maintenance and repair of electrical, instrumentation, electronic control and related equipment and machinery, such as above- and below-ground electrical distribution systems, motors, controllers, transformers, actuators, switches, generators and programmable logic controllers.
- Schedules and coordinates activities with other departments and divisions.
- Responds to emergency situations as necessary.
- Requisitions necessary tools, equipment and supplies.
- Researches new operational methods, techniques and equipment and recommends their application.
- Tracking of motors installed, inventory and being serviced
- Updating electrical drawings in AutoCAD
- Permits for electrical work and yearly inspection
- Making sure tools are repaired, calibrated etc. New tools to have copy of purchase order and documentation that comes with tool put in tool folder.
- Electrical maintenance of compressors, Power tool repairs
- Ensure subordinates follow safety practices in work methods and procedures; enforces proper safety procedures while working in dangerous situations; educates employees on rules, regulations, codes, safe work habits and potential hazards presented by their work environment.
- Identifies potential electrical safety concerns and formulates solution for the rectification of these deficiencies.
- Reviews or prepares drawings and specifications for contract work and inspects work performed to determine compliance to standards and equipment.
- Plans and oversees the testing of electrical and electronic equipment and devices on a scheduled basis.
- Develops reviews and updates written maintenance instructions and schedules.
Training and Experience; Licenses; Certificates; Special Requirements:
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley Drives, Relay Logic, PLC logic controls and Programming.
- Licensed Industrial Electrician or Degree in Electrical Engineering or Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology.
- Minimum 5 years of supervisory experience in Industrial and in a union environment.
Important to note:
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this class.
- The employee occasionally works in extreme outside weather conditions, near moving mechanical parts, and is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- The employee may occasionally be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, and risk of electrical shock.
Since our inception, Fuze HR has established itself as a unique player in the North American Executive Search market. Fuze HR's unique...