Electrical Engineering Technologist
Fuze HR is currently seeking an Electrical Engineering Technologist to join our clients’ team of skilled professionals based out of their Brampton, ON location. This position will require regular travel across Canada, the United States and possibly Europe.
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Electrical Engineering, the Electrical Engineering Technologist will provide complete electrical assistance including troubleshooting, project engineering and project management to all plants.
The client is a vertically integrated manufacturer with over 20 plants and 3000 employees worldwide. The client invests in its employees so that they are the most knowledgeable in the industry; and is pleased to offer competitive compensation, a progressive and challenging workplace, and a commitment to teamwork and integrity.
- Design, testing, commissioning, start-up, reconditioning, and predictive maintenance of protection and control systems.
- Engineering new technologies into existing equipment configurations
- Act as a Corporate Resource for automation systems development and implementation
- Work with different Plants to overcome production problems and improve safety systems.
Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience in the following:
- Design, supervisory, project and manufacturing experience in industrial applications
- PLC and HMI systems design, Programming, Commissioning and Start Up including
- PLC system hardware selection, I/O panels and subsystems layout and wiring
- Extensive experience with various PLC and HMI applications (including RSlinx,RSlogix5,500,5000, RSView & PanelBuilder32 software)
- Experience with various motion controllers, servo systems (digital&analog) and AC/DC drives
- Experienced with various PLC networks, Industrial Networking, Control & Distribution Panels, Switchgears, MCC and Measuring & Control (Instrumentation)
- Excellent analytical, technical, problem-solving, research and teamwork skills
- Familiarity with hydraulic and pneumatic machinery a plus.
Important to Note:
- The role requires experience in process manufacturing settings, preferably 24-hour operations
- Extensive knowledge of electrical controls & instrumentation is required
- This is a hands-on position requiring project management skills with regular travel across Canada, the US, and possibly Europe.
Indeed - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard