Director of Operations – Contract Logistics
Our Customer is a national leader in Third Party Warehousing and Supply Chain Solutions and one of the largest amongst its competitors. They are currently recruiting for a Director of Operations. The Director of Operations ensures the development and delivery of quality, customized solutions to clients that support the strategic objectives of the company including; profitability, operational excellence, attraction and retention of key accounts and employees.
- Work with the Sales Department to develop customized logistic solutions for clients seeking a supply chain solution.
- Participate in RFP process and presentations to prospective clients ensuring understanding.
- Work with the Information Technology Department to identify the best IT solution to meet the client’s needs while maximizing return on investment in IT and profitability.
- Assist in negotiations with prospective clients ensuring complete documentation of contract.
- Develop and manage project plans to deliver approved solution that identifies milestones, task schedules, project resources, risk and contingencies.
- Ensure productive and cordial relationship with employees, clients and suppliers.
- Ensure warehouse performance – accountable for achieving prescribed company objectives with regards to cost, productivity, customer service and profit.
- Ensure control of costs in warehouses.
- Develop and recommend annual operating budget.
- Translate client contract into a working document that defines and documents procedures by client.
- Ensure compliance with contract while meeting the dynamic day-to-day client needs.
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparation, processing, distribution and retention of all necessary reports and records regarding warehouse operations.
- Participate in strategic planning.
- In collaboration with HR, develop and maintain a productive work team.
- Schedule and plan for long-range labor needs.
- Execution and maintenance of dynamic layout, making necessary day-to-day changes, equipment and products, maintenance and security.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience at a Senior Operations Level (some of which is in a 3PL / Distribution environment.
- Minimum five (5) years of managerial experience.
- Exceptional project management, analytical, problem solving, organization, planning, human relations and communication skills.
- Understanding of budgeting process, Operating Standards, and information systems.
- Understanding industry trends and focus for planning.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written (English and French).
- Service orientated with strong customer interaction skills and commitment.
- Ability to make sound decisions independently to obtain desired results.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven leadership ability within a solid team environment.
- Able to create own control tools through effective M.S. Software applications knowledge primarily in excel and word.
- Analytical skills with familiarity of financial reports.
ABOUT FUZE HR RECRUITING SERVICES
FUZE HR is a boutique recruitment firm specialized in five main core areas from mid to executive level; IT, Accounting/Finance, Supply Chain, Sales/Marketing, Engineering. We offer a range of recruitment solutions for our various clients: recruitment of permanent and contract professionals, staffing of consultants and head hunting. With a diverse client base that ranges from entrepreneurial start-ups to a variety of Fortune 500 companies, our recruitment efforts are always dedicated to delivering valuable solutions that contribute toward our clients’ long-term success. Fuze HR’s reputation for high-quality and integrity are our most precious assets. Fuze HR has established itself as a unique recruitment firm in the North American Recruitment and Executive Search market.
Indeed - 18 months ago