CUSTOMER SERVICE PROFESSIONAL
DEPARTMENT / LOCATION
Customer Service Department /, Mississauga, ON
On a national basis, provide exceptional Customer Service to Clients valued customers based on the criteria set within specific Customer programs.
Cover various Canadian time zones which will include variable shifts.
REPORTS TO Customer Service Supervisor, National Accounts
DIRECT REPORTS None
DESIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High school diploma with 2 years experience in a customer service environment or college diploma.
Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, Docushare and Vendor source.
- Respond to Customer telephone calls and take prompt and appropriate action to their requests
- Exhibit a helpful professional manner while answering telephone calls
- Process orders by phone, fax, Internet, E.D.I., accurately within required timeframes
- Execute customer requirements within the pre-established guidelines in the Customer program while ensuring actions demonstrating an understanding of the condition of sales.
- Expedite communication of customer back orders to meet customer expectations
- Convey unique National Account program information to our customers.
- Liaise with other Unisource departments across Unisource Worldwide to obtain information relevant to the customer e.g. delivery, credit adjustments
- Credit card transaction processing
- Log cases in Salesforce
- Act as a Peer Coach for new hires and actively participate in Focus teams
- Must be able to work on various shifts and on occasion extended hours are required.
- Customer Service: Listens and responds effectively to customer questions, resolves customers problems to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Problem solving and decision making: Anticipates problems, sees how a problem and its solution will affect other units, gathers information before making decisions, with alternatives against objectives and arrives at reasonable decisions.
- Organization skills and time management: Able to manage multiple tasks; able to determine priorities, uses goals to guide actions, adapts well to changing priorities, deadlines and direction.
- Communication: Writes and speaks effectively, using conventions proper to the situation.
- Negotiation skills: Able to confer with suppliers and customers in order to reach win-win agreements.
- Selling skills: Able to listen to customers, determines customer needs and expectations.