Scope of Work
One of Fuze HR’s major public sector clients is currently seeking an experienced Change Management Lead to assist with the changes that are being introduced by new processes in their Infrastructure and IT departments. To help with this mandate I&IT Senior Management need this resource to create Change Management Strategy, Plan, Training Plans and Documents.
As well the Change Management Lead will be leading the effort to maximize employee engagement and acceptance. Drive faster adoption, greater ultimate utilization and higher proficiency on the changes impacting employees across all I&IT Departments. Additionally, they should promote collaboration towards achieving the desire end state.
This is a contract opportunity with a two year guarantee and further one year renewal options.
Change Management Lead -- Experience and Qualifications :
- Five (5) years of experience in change management role in a large project/program, where the change affects unionized employees.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of organizational change management principles and methodologies and organizational effectiveness methods and tools.
- Exceptional written communication skills and excellent active listening, influence and verbal communication skills.
- Strong relationship management, team building skills, and able to work well with and through others across all levels.
- Ability to think and act strategically while also operating tactically.
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Strong analytic and decision making abilities.
- Experience developing executive level communication material.
- Lead change activities within a matrix environment.
Change Management Lead -- Mandate Key Deliverables :
- Lead Change Management efforts on large/medium sized change management projects/initiatives within the business unit or Enterprise wide.
- Work with stakeholder groups to formulate project specific plans and activities.
- Independently develop a set of actionable and targeted change management tactics, including but not limited to communication plans, stakeholder assessment and engagement plans, organizational readiness assessments, and training based on the change management approach and methodology.
- Develop a change management strategy based on a situational awareness of the details of the change and the stakeholders being impacted by the change.
- Support project team in integrating change management activities into the project plans.
- Coach senior leaders and executives in the Organizational Change Management (OCM) methodology, responsibilities and actions; assisting them with mandates as change sponsors, messaging, key approaches etc. Provide direct support and coaching to front-line managers and supervisors as they help their direct reports through transitions.
- Support the various project/process teams/committees to integrate change management activities into their implementation plans.
- Work with the organization to measure achievement of business objectives.
- Identify potential people-side risks, anticipated points of resistance, and develop specific plans to mitigate or address the concerns.
- Plan training programs, understand changes and training needs by audience, develop and deliver targeted training materials to all relevant levels of the organization.
- Work with the Project/Program Manager and project team to integrate change into the work plans.
- Provide coaching to Management so that they may support smaller change efforts within their client groups.
Activities Managing the Mandate:
- Progress Reports and Minutes of Meetings
- Chair, record, prepare and distribute, within five (5) working days of the meeting date, minutes of all meetings associated with the Project.
- Prepare and submit to client an updated “Consultant’s Monthly Status Report” form as provided in the Appendices. The report shall include a summary of the Project progress, identification of unresolved issues, design inputs by others, information required, schedule and cost status.
- Prepare and submit on a monthly basis the appropriate cost/budget control reports for the engineering activities including the project cash flow requirements.
Candidates Summary must demonstrate the following requirements :
- An executive summary indicating an understanding of the requirements, and other relevant recommendations.
- Experience with developing strategies for organizations of a similar size and complexity as client (enterprise-wide).
- Familiarity with leading Change Management in a similar situation, especially in a unionized environment.
- Corporate References of similar sized organizations.