The BPM Architect is responsible for working with both technology resources and business resources (business analyst or business architect) to design, build, integrate and evolve process and technology. The focus includes looking at how both the business operation and processes will be impacted from business change. This hands-on position will be responsible for designing design, architecture, development, testing, deployment, quality and delivery of large-scale software applications, systems, platforms, services or technologies that relates to BPM and integration between systems and beyond.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- BPM/Integration Software Design and Implementation
- Understand and describe the current baseline process architectures to project teams
- Work with other architects (information, application, security and enterprise), to develop target architectures, describing the product and/or service strategy, and the organizational, functional, process, event, information, and geographic aspects of the business environment.
- Serve as a technical lead for architecture, design, implementation and interface decisions related to BPM and Integration Systems.
- Work closely with the information, application, security and enterprise architects to provide process insights and assess impacts stemming from business process change. This relationship also supports business driven project management and process driven decision making by:
o Describing the current state (As-Is) business process architecture
o Facilitating the design of a future state (To-Be) business process architecture, by describing the business strategy, and the organizational, functional, process, event, information, and other aspects of the business environment
o Analyzing the gaps between the As-Is and To-Be business process architectures
- Ensure alignment of models and objects that are contained within taxonomy, interface with trained process representatives for each business unit, coordinate with other departments on the BPM technology, support the training and development of business process architecture concepts for maintenance of the taxonomy, and work closely with BPM team members to provide BPM services for the enterprise.
- Ensure compliance for anything (models, objects, standards, etc.) promoted to the standards and/or production repository
- Interface with trained Business Unit process representatives
- Coordinate with other departments on the BPM tool
- Support the training and development of business process architecture concepts for maintenance of the taxonomy
- Establish standards and guidelines to support reuse across organizations
- Work closely with Business Process Solution team members to provide business process management services for the enterprise
- Drive the design methodology of the software development process.
- Assess feasibility and ramifications of new business requirements. Design appropriate solutions and recommend alternative approaches when necessary.
- Stay abreast of advancements in modern world technologies in order to determine relevance and possible impact to existing system as well as future development path.
- Recommend and implement engineering best practices, including use of design patterns, code reviews and automated unit testing.
- Strong knowledge and experience with a BPM tool (Pega) or experience with additional modeling / analysis tools.
- Experience with process methodology, frameworks (TOGAF), development methodologies (Agile, SDLC, Iterative) strongly preferred.
- Excellent object-oriented analysis and design skills and system integration skills
- Technical mastery in OOO, SOA, ESB CSA concepts and design patterns
- Experience in Java language and J2EE
- Mastery with XML concepts and tools (DTD, XSD, XML parsers)
- Experience designing and building systems for extremely high traffic and transaction volumes
- Experience implementing service-oriented architectures
- Experience with business data transfer; consolidation and validation techniques.
- Experience with Oracle: SQL, PL/SQL
- Experience with Distributed systems
- Knowledge of queuing systems
- Ability to work with business and product managers teams, QA, Release, Site Ops, all engineering teams as well as outside partners to implement BPM solutions
- Presentation and public speaking skills and knowledge of BPM
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to anticipate potential problems and offer solutions
- Timely and proactive communication skills
- Persuade / influence team members, sell ideas effectively, get results and follow through
- Teach and mentor less-experienced programmers
- Strong decision-making skills, and an understanding of where projects fit into development strategy
- Demonstrate integrity and maturity, and a constructive approach to challenges
- Operate independently given direction, and bring ideas and solutions to issues raised
- Strive for Excellence
Preferred Educational Level:
- B.S. or M.S. in computer science or equivalent
- 8+ years in software engineering experience
- 5+ years in BPM implementation
Indeed - 23 months ago